Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > [P] Wet and Weary
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Name: Pick
Alignment: CG
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Arcane Trickster
Silver: 274
[OOC This is a continuation of the Warm Hearth thread in Virens Woods. Go check it out!]

Pick hauled himself out of the river. He looked around dripping wet and saw a vast expanse of both people and buildings. He had finally arrived in Adeluna City. He teared up a bit. He had made it. Too bad he still had a job to do. Drysl was in trouble, and he needed to do his best to save the old coot. "Well, that could have been much worse." He said to Tea, "just a little detour is all, and I'm clean again!" He beamed. He had already been clean enough before he jumped in the river that cut through the mountains, but the smell of dragon vomit had been getting to him. He didn't mean to take Tea with him it just sort of happened. They had traversing the Ancense Mountains tracking the dragons who had stolen their friend. 

Pick didn't expect the current to be as strong as it was, but it was too late to change that.

"We might need better equipment anyway." He said with a smile.

You'll have to catch me first.
The_Pasty

Character Info
Name: Tea
Alignment: TG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk, Teaching of the Elements
Silver: 1966
Tea pulled himself out of the river, "YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE!" Tea shouted furiously, he was coughing up water as he got up. "I told you, 'It may low calm, but the current are stronger underneath' But no, 'Oh it can't be that bad, just need to wash off' you said, then you just jump!" Tea sat down taking a breath. He remembered Pick being pulled by the river, Tea tried to hold on to a tree branch and use his bo staff for Pick to grab. Pick did grab it, but the branch wasn't as sturdy as Tea thought.

He then looked up, and realize where he was, Adeluna City. Tea immediately covered his ears, fearing the people would see them. Good thing though his hair had grew longer sense the last time he was here, his hair was able to cover his slightly pointed ears. There were a lot of eyes on the two, not only the unusual occurrence of men rising from the river, but also Tea's yelling. "We better hurry, I don't want to be here long." Tea looked around swiftly to find where he was, "Okay, I know a place nearby." Tea began walking swiftly looking behind to know was still following him.

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Pick followed his half-elf friend through the city. He had never seen a city before and it gave him quite a culture shock just seeing how many people there were around him, all of them were of different walks of life, and it kept his smile goofy and wide. He slipped away from Tea momentarily and entered a crowd gathered around a street magician. He carried a spell book and was casting illusion spells from it. The crowd was awed by the man's illusory prowess. As was Pick.

The wizard asked for volunteers and Pick's hand shot up. He wanted that spell book. Just think of the possibilities! The wizard called on him and he raced up to the magic man.

The wizard noticed Pick was drenched in water, and eyed him suspiciously. He began to question, but decided to continued with his show instead. 

"What's your name son?" He asked the excited elf.

"Pick" responded Pick.

"Well Pick, I'm going to replicate my self in to four distinct versions of myself. It's up to you find the real me!" As he finished his sentence he cast Replication and three copies of himself appeared, "you've got three shots!"

Pick was astonished and chose wrong all three times. The magician sent Pick back into the crowd.

"Thank You everyone! You've been wonderful!" Said the magician. The crowd started to leave and the magician began to pack up his components. Pick walked to the occupied wizard and struck up a conversation. As he spoke he asked questions about magic and how it works. The magician was kind and open. He told Pick that magic was very accessible, but hard to master. Pick wasn't paying attention, but the mage didn't notice. He had left his spell book on a stool he made teleport earlier in the show. 

Pick subtly moved the conversation towards the stool. When he was close enough picked up the book and thanked the man for his time. Luckily for him a second fan of the mage's had been waiting to get a word in and immediately began firing off questions. Giving Pick ample time to escape with his new prized possession. 

He was able to catch up with Tea by asking people if they've seen a wet person covering his ears walking around. When he had caught up he flashed Tea the book.

"Look what I found!" He said excitedly

The_Pasty

Character Info
Tea stood in front of a small but humble building, he was looking up at the slightly worn wooden sign "The Wise Expanse." The sign's letter was a faint blue, with a design of map of the world behind it. Tea hadn't realize that Pick was behind, he was focused on reflecting, but was interrupted by Pick's shouting. He looked to the wood elf and saw his book, he hadn't seen it on him before, then he realize, "Don't tell me, no, oh no you didn't." He said softly, "You know what? Whatever, come inside." He told the thief.

Tea walked in first, the door bell rang as he walked in. The room looked busy with trinkets, tools, books, and other assortment of things. There was a relaxed look on Tea faced when he entered, then a voice of a women appeared, "Oh, a customer how may I he-" the voice moved around until a dark skinned women appeared around the corner. "Tea! Oh even better, how are you doing child?" The lady asked.

She seemed to be around the age of early forties, her eyes were hazel, and looked very well for her age. She stood straight and had a nice green dress, but she looked weary. She was giving a warm smile to Tea, that to one could compare to a mothers welcome.

"Hello Eliza, I am doing fine." Tea responded. Eliza notice Tea's condition, "My! you're all wet, let me go get towels, wait there!" She turned around and you then could hear footsteps rising to the second floor. Tea sighed in relief, "Always too quick to help." he said.

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Pick entered the shop and refrained from touching anything by keeping his hands behind his back. 

"Nice place, you know it?" He asked Tea.

The_Pasty

Character Info
"It's a safe heaven for me, like I said earlier, half-elves are not exactly liked around common people." Tea answered, he set his wet gear aside. "I can trust that you wont take here, she is a good friend of mine." Tea stated, though he had a little attitude behind his voice.

After a few short moments, the foot steps came down and Eliza came back with some towels. "Oh! I see you brought a friend, you didn't tell me you had friends." She said said seeing Pick, she gave a big smile to Tea. "Yeah, this one became my friend recently, though he is a bit of a handful." Tea said. "And what is his name?" She asked.

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
"My name's Pick!" He said extending his hand, "it's pleasure to meet you!" He was feeling far more confident now compared to where he was at the Beginning of his journey. He felt as though he had grown exponentially since he left Sarchu Valley. He took a towel from Eliza and began drying himself, "thank you the towel" he said as he tussled his hair with it, "its been a long day." With that he paused, "it's always a long day."

Eliza chuckled, "why don't you boys tell me all about it while I make you some food. You two looked absolutely famished! Follow me." She turned and bustled off.

Pick was ravenous and perked up at the mention of food. He followed closely behind his new favorite host. 

The_Pasty

Character Info
After Tea dried off Eliza lead the two to a back room that was a dining area, she told the two to take a seat. She proceed to another room with no door, it looked like a kitchen when you looked in inside. Tea and Pick talked for a bit about what they should find a way to catch up to Cedric, after they realize he is still in the mountains. Before they could make a solid plan Eliza came in with three plate. She set one in front of the two, then found her seat at the table. 

Tea looked at the food, it was a slice of beef roast seasoned well with foreign spices, a small baked potato that had already been sliced open and butter in the center, along with a biscuit gently brushed with honey. "Eliza please, don't waste your fine goods on us, and how did you cook this all so fast?" Tea asked. "Now hush, I'm sure you earned the food, and I have been taking magic recently, it really helps around here, and I got so many spell books in stock." She answered. "But now, tell me how was your long days?" Eliza asked.

Tea and Pick took their turn talking about their perspectives of the past two days, they laughed a couple time, Eliza seemed to worry about Tea's foot when he mentioned it, but Tea quickly told it's better now. As the story continued Pick was about to mention the dragons but Tea looked to him quickly, but Pick didn't notice, so he just kept going, though they didn't mention about Pick being a thief yet.

"WHAT!?" Eliza shouted, "Now Eliza-" Tea responded, "Don't you 'Now Eliza' me, you can't fight dragons!" Eliza interrupted. Tea sighed, "We're not going to fight dra-" Tea was interrupted, "Damn right you're not!" Eliza exclaimed. She continued a small tangent how it's a fools errand but Tea had enough, "Eliza! You are not my mother!" Tea stood up interrupting her. Eliza looked shocked, "Y-you're right, you're your own man." She said tearing up. "Eliza, I'm not doing this cause I want to, I am doing this cause someone needs help, and this one is going to get killed in the mountains." Tea said referring to Pick. Eliza laughed, "Okay, I laughed, you got me, may I speak to Pick in private please." she asked Tea. He seemed confused a little, but decided to walk out of the room.

Eliza looked to Pick, with a dagger piercing glare, "Don't think for a minute I don't know what you're about." She said and paused for a moment only to continue, "You have that same look my husband used to have."

T. Leaf
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
"Then I'm sure he was an attractive man." Pick smiled, "but this isn't about my looks is it?" Pick said twirling a fork around his fingers. 

"This is about what you're doing to that innocent man!" She said nostrils flaring, "if he stays with you you'll both end up in jail or dead! Now, I don't give a rat's ass about you, but if that man spends even one day on the wrong side of some iron bars, the belly of a dragon, or a blade I'm coming for you." Pick grimaced at the mention of a dragon's belly, but quickly regained his composure. She was still talking, but he had lost interest. His face said "I'm listening" but his mind was on the spell book he stole. He couldn't wait to give his newly acquired magic a test run. He should have payed more attention to when the illusionist was explaining how magic worked.

"Hey!" Eliza shouted softly as to not alert Tea, "are you listening to me?"

Pick nodded, "not in the slightest, but I can garuntee you that Tea is a perfectly capable monk who can handle himself. I've seen him fight fiercely and with unheard of bravery. I can respect that you have your concerns for him, but our friend is danger and we plan on getting him back." he looked at Tea, "look at him and tell me he isn't going anyway." She did so and saw that Pick told the truth. 

"You don't have to like me" continued Pick, "but please respect Tea enough to make his own decisions." Eliza let out a sigh, "You're right." She said flatly, "well, let's not keep him waiting then." She turned to enter the kitchen again, and Pick placed a trinket back on the shelf. "Just practice." He thought to himself, as he followed Eliza.

The_Pasty

Character Info
As they both walked they could see Tea patiently eating eating his meal. "So, you mentioned that you used fire Tea, you finally learned how to use that 'chi' thing you like so much?" she asked as she sat down. Tea ears perked up, "Oh I thought you would never ask, well I found out in…." Tea story continued and Eliza had a subtle joy as he spoke, as if she missed this experience. Pick already heard the story, so he didn't seemed to care.

Tea calmed down for awhile, "Well, I still have a hard time understanding chi, but I'm glad you are making progress." Eliza responded with a chuckle. She looked out the window, it seemed that dawn was drawing to night, "My it's pretty late now, let me get the guest room prepared." She got up and collected the empty plates, "Thank you Eliza." Tea said, "Oh it's a pleasure." She responded. She was in the kitchen for moment then exited the dining area to upstairs.

Tea was quiet for a moment, he looked at Pick how was taking a chance to read the book. Tea then asked, "How old are you exactly?" he asked curiously.

T. Leaf