Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > A Long Awaited Meeting [P/R]
Iva

Character Info
Name: Iva
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Young Seer
Silver: 639
Iva’s lips quivered at the lady but the woman was warm. It was something she could only remember her mother being towards her, at least this type of warmth. Once she answered the two older people in the room seemed to quiet down and smile at Iva. She was a gem to them.

“Yes, dinner sounds wonderful.” Agnes answered as she watched Iva being set down and get up to the table. As if on cue Agnes got a chair for Winston and Iva’s eyes lit up like pyrotechnics on Arri’s holidays. 

“You are the best grandma ever.” The child exclaimed as Agnes’ eyes lit up even more so than they had been moments before.

“You are going to make her go soft girl,” the man laughed softly as he poured Iva some milk and pushed it over to her.

Staring at the milk for a long time the girl smiled and took it drinking it as if she hadn’t drank anything in a while. “Is this from a cow?” She looked at the glass of milk as if she had never asked the question before.

“Our very own. Did you not know where milk comes from?” Agnes asked gently.

Iva shook her head. “I might have fallen asleep during class.” The little one blushed a bit and smiled up at Drae. “Can we come back here after today?” Maybe her mother couldn’t bring her but she definitely wanted to spend more time with her human family. She had the knowledge of their lifespan only because she had heard about it so much from those who asked Angela for health.

At the news of what their son did they wept for a moment. Iva had the glass of milk to her lips before Agnes could say anything once more. “He was always putting others above himself. It’s probably why he got sick but to think he gave up raising him family to protect her.” Agnes shook her head. “I raised a good man didn’t I?”

“I seen Daddy in my dreams a lot. Mama has a courtyard where he is buried and I go there lots to have tea with him. He doesn’t answer me though.” Iva frowned a bit.

“She knows? How could her mother let her know something like that? Children couldn’t possibly understan–”

“I have bad dreams all the time and they come true. Mama told me that’s the only reason I understand a lot for my age. She said its one of the reasons why she’s been so honest with me about Daddy.”

The two other adults in the room hushed themselves for a moment as Agnes reached over and hugged Iva to her. The redhead looked to Drae for what to do before burying herself into the older woman. “You have family here to. Lots! You have cousins and great aunts and uncles. They would all love to meet you little one.” Iva shined a bit as she looked back over at Drae.

OOC: Brittlez :D
Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
"I don't foresee an issue with you coming back from time to time," Drae replied. "Arrangements would have to be made for someone to meet you at the gate if your mother or I can't bring you ourselves, but I think it would be a good idea," the warlock replied. "IF you attend your studies like a good girl," he added, hoping that the incentive of visiting family would encourage her to be a bit more attentive in her learning. 

As the conversation turned to Rohan, and Iva's gift for divination, Drae kept relatively silent and let Iva speak, and her grandparents get to know her a bit better. When Iva looked to Drae as to what to do when Agnes pulled her into a hug, her merely gave her a soft smile and a nod and watched as she returned the embrace with warmth. 

"I think it would be good for her to meet all of them. She needs a life outside the shrine. She can only remain so sheltered her entire life," he replied with conviction. It was something he had felt quite deeply himself. He had been a child to a very protective mother who wished to shelter him because of his half-blood status amongst her kin… and he had grown to resent it. He did not want his children to resent himself and their mother. 

Iva

Character Info
Name: Iva
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Young Seer
Silver: 639
Iva’s eyes got big and she thought about it for a long time. “Okay but I want to be able to move about. I can’t sit still and the teacher speaks real slow and it’s terrible. It’s like my ears are going to bleed to death.” There she went obviously exaggerating. “I will die I swear.” Her words entertained her grandparents and they were thrilled she was willing to work with them.

Agnes looked up to him and nodded. “I imagine it has much more to do with the goddess being worried about what others would do to him. I know I would be if I had a bunch of children and power.” The older woman held onto Iva for a little bit longer and it was making Iva a bit uncomfortable but deep down the little girl understood.

She was something they had thought they lost. Deep down, Iva was more mature than most her age. She understood death the most out of everyone in the room. “Can Winston come with me?” She looked up at Agnes and then looked at Drae.

“Why of course! He would have a spot at our table and everything.” Agnes was more than pleased to give the little girl her only friend. “I think it would be good for her to play with children her age. Do you have children your age at the temple.”

Iva shook her head. “I have mud pits, and stuffed animals, and magic, and teachers, and sisters much older than I am to torment but no people my age.”

OOC: Brittlez :D