Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Railoch > Delusions of Grandeur (P, R)
Izzey Ius

Character Info
Name: Izzey Ius
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: ArchMage
Silver: 2173
While the mercenary had been out purchasing his necessary items, Izzey, wet haired and wet clothed, immediately had made her way to her most frequent destination in every city; the tavern. Upon entrance, even though it was a single story, the extension of tavern was extraordinarily large. There was a large fireplace in the middle to keep everyone warm, and a large array of tables and chairs scattered throughout the room. The crowds ranged from exhausted researchers to daring adventures, to ruthless mercenaries. The large accumulation of various races, backgrounds, and occupations, allowed Izzey to simply walk right in without standing out much from the other residents of the tavern, aside from being completely soaked from top to bottom, as the water from her clothes and hair dripped across the tavern floor as she walked. She ventured throughout the tavern floor, looking around around intently, until she found exactly what she had entered the establishment to find. There, in the far corner of the tavern, counting at five total, were a group of dwarves, fully clad in dwarven crafted chainmail armor, each equipped with various weapons of high quality, and heavy in weight.

Unfortunately, it appeared as if the mage was not the only one who had a mind to do business with group, for there were already two other human males standing next their table, already attempting to win the groups favor.

"I'll give you two arms!" Spoke one human male,

"Two arms? Ya think i'd be dumb enough to let ya be robbin me in bleedin daylight?! Get out of here!" One drawf heavily rejected.

"I've already promised the legs for the other two!" Petitioned the man.

"Then have those bloody unqualified lightweights do the job for ya! I'll not be working for beggars wages!" The dwarf exclaimed.

As the two human men persisted in their various persuasions, refusing to leave, one dwarf finally decided he had enough. Getting up from his stool, he began his proclamation. "I'm sick of ya's humans, thinkin ya can just come round her anytime ya please, interrupt me and ma friends's drinkin, and harass me daily with ya shady dealings!" With that, he grabbed his stool, and swung it at one man's side, knocking him to the ground. The man groaned in pain as he rolled over, holding his side. The other man, upon observing the suddenly aggressive act with great shock, responded by swinging a fist downward at the dwarf. The dwarf grabbed the man's fist with both of his short hands, and displaying his great dwarven strength, despite his smaller size, twisted the man's wrist. A greatly disturbing crack could be heard from the twist, which caused quite few onlookers to cringe, before the man could be seen screaming in great agony as he stepped back and held his wrist in extreme pain.

"Hah!" The dwarven assailant taunted, "Ya weak sacks of meat are tryna bargain me for golems, when you throw a softer punch than ma grandma?! You call ya selves golem hunters?!"

Upon witnessing the event, three more human mercenaries stood up from their table, cracking their knuckles. They were not please with what had just happened to their employers. It would only take seconds, before the other four dwarves also got up from their chairs, and things would become out of control. In a matter of moments, tables and chairs were being thrown throughout the establishment, glasses and plates were being hit across people's heads, and various residents within the tavern were screaming and running. The ruffians had managed to disturb and even injure neighboring tables throughout their fighting, which caused even more of the tavern's residents to join into the fight. The length of the fight continued to increase, as well as the amount of participants, before someone suddenly screamed aloud "Tavern brawl!" And immediately the gigantic establishment became complete chaos, as almost the entire tavern turned into a brawling room in an instant. In the midst of this lethal and deadly brawling, the mage simply stood and continued to observe her targets from her position, as if completely intangible to all the dangers and threats around her, a pleased smile on her face. She'd found exactly what she needed.

Albrecht Krieger

Character Info
Name: Albrecht Krieger
Alignment: TG
Class: Fencer/Mercenary
Silver: 305
As Albrecht approached the tavern, he heard the fight before he saw it. Of course the fighting soon spilled outside as two men, both human, came tumbling out the door. Both men were clearly inebriated as they wrestled ineffectually. A kick across the head knocked one man cold. Pushing him aside, the rival rose and turned on the swordsman. "I 'ad 'im," he slured. He telegraphed a wide haymaker. The hilt of a dagger slipped from the folds of a simple wool cloak. Two quick blows with the pommel sent the man down with little fuss and Albrecht slipped his dagger into its scabbard once more.

The mercenary decided to take a cautious glance inside and quickly found the mane of red hair he had been looking for, though it seemed a bit soggier than he remembered. Slipping inside, he wound his way around the various brawlers, most of whom seemed to lack even rudimentary skills. One drunk rushed in, only to end up against a wall upside-down. They were not even paying attention to who they were fighting at this point.

Though it took some doing, Albrecht finally found himself standing beside his companion. Following her gaze, he spotted the targets of her attention."Are those the dwarves you're looking for?" he shouted over the cacophony. Stripping off his cloak, belt and pack, he passed these to Izzey. "Watch these for me, please. I'll see if I can't get you your dwarves."

Diving into the fray, Albrecht spotted a man winding up with a stool to strike one of the short men who grappled with a man caught in a pin. The fencer took hold of the improvised weapon and wrenched it from the man's grasp. "That is extremely rude." An open palm to the jaw dazed the other man long enough for Albrecht to catch him behind the neck and wheel him over his hip. By this point, the dwarf had turned around and was giving the new human fighter an odd look. In answer to the unspoken question, Albrecht said, "My associate and I would like to discuss business, if you have the time." After all, he had not heard the reasoning behind the fight.
Izzey Ius

Character Info
Name: Izzey Ius
Alignment: CN
Class: ArchMage
Silver: 2173
As Izzey's mercenary companion reappeared next to her, and made his inquiry, a pleased and enthusiastic smile would provide her nonverbal answer. The smile across her face only enlarged, as the man offered to acquire their next possible set of hired muscle. Holding the man's cloak with both hands, and slugging his pack and belt over her shoulder, she watched with great suspense as the mercenary made his attempted efforts of 'negotiation'. The dwarf was indeed confused by the mercenary's actions, as he continued to hold the struggling man in a pin, while continuing to stare at the mercenary oddly, even after his proposal. "Ya hit a little harder and move a little fancier than these lightweights," The dwarf admitted, "But i'm still finished with ya humans and ya shady dealings all the same! Scatter off!" A little time after this statement, the rain soaked mage had managed to squeeze her way in through the fighting crowds, and onto the scene. "Great dwarf, mightiest wielder of the hammer, greatest welder of armor! Your strength and influence are greatly esteemed throughout the lands, far past your homelands, especially in this land! Shall you not lend your mighty aid to the the legends of stories and bard songs, and to the rulers of the kingdoms?!" She introduced.

The unusually odd introduction had managed to grab the attention of a second dwarf, who, upon knocking his opponent unconscious, joined alongside the pin holding dwarf. The two stared at the mercenary and mage, a confused expression upon their faces as they attempted to read and understand the two characters, while the other human caught in a pin was now falling deeper and deeper into unconsciousness. "Who the hell are yous supposed to be?" The standing dwarf finally spoke.

"Have you not heard the stories, great dwarf? The ones of the greatest scholar of the lands, the mightiest practicer of the magic arts?! Have you not heard the glorious tales of the Izzey Ius the Great?!" The mage proudly exclaimed through the tumult of the brawling crowd.

"Never heard of ya's." The standing dwarf bluntly replied, causing a noticeably disappointed expression upon the mage's face.

"Shady humans we are not!" The mage continued, working past her disappointment. "For we offer that which you deserve. Behold, that which you desire is rightfully yours! Legs, arms, feet; All for your taking! Leave only the core!" 

"The core?!" The pinning dwarf exclaimed as he now began to stand up, now that his opponent had been rendered completely unconscious through the pin. "No one takes that useless wad of junk anyways! What ya be wantin that for!? Seems a little too good to be true!" 

"The greatest achievements in all of history!" The mage confidently replied.

"Good joke, lass! You think I be blind?!" The same dwarf continued to refute, seeming the be the angrier and more aggressive of the bunch. "I see ya other hired hand standin right there next to ya's! Ya don't think I don't know ya also be offering him a big cut?! No weapon swings for free!" He spoke whilst staring aggressively at the mercenary, who stood taller than both negotiators. "If we be offered the legs and feet, then what ya be offerin this fancy muscle, here?" 

There was a pause after the inquiry, as both of the dwarves now turned their undivided attention towards the mercenary. Also turning her towards her companion, the red haired mage inquired similarly, with widely curious eyes, "I don't know…" She admitted, "Which part 'do' you want, King Albrecht?" All eyes were on him, awaiting his answer, whether he had a clear idea what he was answering for or not.
Albrecht Krieger

Character Info
Name: Albrecht Krieger
Alignment: TG
Class: Fencer/Mercenary
Silver: 305
"Me?" Albrecht asked, not sure how to answer. He knew next to nothing about magical artifacts and even less about the golems that Izzey and the dwarves seemed so interested in. To hear them tell it, there was nothing else of value in this rain soaked territory.

A drunk stumbled toward them, coming to lean heavily on the fighter's arm. A shrug sent him into a heep on the floor. By now the melee was dying down, the instigators unconscious, along with more than a dozen other patrons. The only ones still aware were those who were still too sober to have taken a punch (or chair) to the face. Actually, that was not quite true; one thoroughly skunked fellow sat under a table and saluted the observant mercenary with his mug before taking a few shaky gulps.

Turning back to his party, he thought a moment before finally answering. "All I'm interested in is money. Not these golems or their extremities." Seeing as he no longer needed his gear out of the way, Albrecht took his weapon belt and strapped it around his waist. "In fact, I was under the impression that there would be some sort of non-magical treasure where we were going. Was I misinformed?" This question was directed toward Izzey, though if the dwarves were knowledgable, they might be more suited to giving staight answers.