Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
It was then that someone came out wearing the Marquis' mask, declaring that the murder was that of a decoy and all was well. Shiloh didn't buy it for a second. The life signature was different. That was unmistakable. But of course, they had to put on a show to make the crowd complacent enough so they would panic and start fighting. This wouldn't last forever though. While everyone relaxed and returned to the ballroom, Shiloh lingered. She could easily hide her expressions and actions with the costume, but seeing as she didn't have any leads the only thing she could do now was to resume her job as an attendant. Lady Marissa would still require protection, and neither of the investigators knew what common thread linked the two victims. When the show was done, the guardsman asked if she wanted to dance. 

"I've no time nor mind for dancing. If I were here under different circumstances I'd do one to keep up the ruse, but as of now doing so would have the opposite effect. Lady d'Carlo is not to know my identity at all costs." She had come here under the illusion her bodyguard was a man, and Shiloh intended to keep it that way–for as long as possible. She had made Lord d'Carlo swear to keep it secret, so she wasn't leaking it either. "The cutthroat will strike again, I know it. Especially now you've given them the peace of mind that all is well and no one is aware." As she continued her duties, she kept mulling over the details of the two murders in mind. Lecarde was a trader, Barclay was the head of a large medical institution. They weren't close friends, and weren't related by family or business as far as she knew. The way they died differed greatly as well. The Marquis was brutalized, while Lord Barclay was dispatched swiftly. And then there was the poison…

They were targeting important people, when they were alone. The Marquis would have been fairly easy if they knew the layout of his house. Lord Barclay must have went off on his own. However the most frustrating thing was how many possible places there were to look, and how disconnected the two incidents were. If there was more than one person acting on the same motive tonight, it would be difficult to prevent a third casualty. That sort of thing really ground her gears. Not because she cared about the victims, but because she couldn't pin down who was responsible right away. The only thing she had was her senses and aura sight. But even then she couldn't scope out the entire manor. 

"Who would have the greatest to gain by the passing of both men? And why?" Those were the questions that needed an answer.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric heard the declaration of the false murder, but it felt so real, he needed to find out what was going on. He looked at the wound… the murder was indeed done in panic, but what could be so harmless about a man that was the owner of a medicine company or something along those lines. These questions circled his head, he did not pay attention to the ruse and he examined carefully, he searched Barclay's corpse and saw a note…..

Barclay, your medical research must cease, for they are delving far too deep into the dark magics, and we cannot allow that happening. If you do not stop, I will personally see to it that you get a present that you can share with the other guests….

No signature, it was too cryptic to start looking for clues, but he needed to find out what was happening, and fast, for everyone's life depended on it.
He walked out, note in hand, he went back to the gardens, looking out to the city, perhaps it would help him think about the case at hand, he then remembered the key word, "dark magics" they were somewhat involved in dark magic. Who could use dark magic so well? He did not know, he walked over to the masked bodyguard and handed her the note

"I don't know what it means, but it might be our first clue, if not, our only clue."

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
She looked at the note. "How convenient, the killer left something behind. Almost too convenient." Glossing over the words, she handed it back to him. "The words don't matter. It could easily have been staged and planted on his person. If we were to try to search according to the mentioned hints in the text we'd just waste time. However they still made the mistake of leaving something for us." Beneath her mask she smirked to herself. While the man in the Plague Doctor mask had given the 'clue' over, she had the opportunity to pick up on any traces of a life signature that still lingered on it. It was faint, but a damning thread that told her who had been in contact with it. Ruling out Cedric's signature, there were two more–one was that of Lord Barclay and another unknown. 

She focused her aura sight and began to scan the area, looking out into the crowds and into the nearby rooms. Strong emotion, anything out of place would show up like a bloodstain on a white linen sheet. "…There's someone loitering in the balcony on the second floor. Above and to the left of the ballroom where the gala's being held. And there happens to be another figure by them-self on the right side of the manor. I can't tell what room it is, but it should be accessible from the outside." She let the other two decide where they wanted to search first. To her spreading out would allow them to cover more ground, and all of them were more than capable of keeping their own heads attached to their bodies. "Wherever you decide to go is up to you. I'll be staying in the ballroom for now." Regardless of the turn of events, her foremost priority was Lady d'Carlo. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
sircrumpet

Character Info
Name: Viserys Serpentine
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Gladiator
Silver: 1348
(Apologies for the long gap)

Vis thought fast and went to turn and run off, but he stopped suddenly putting a hand to his face sighing he was still acting like the Deceased Lord and running off to find your own murderer would be a unsmart decision, alas he looked over the hall at all the talking rich folk some murmuring about how the Lord of the house did amazing work with the entertainment and tricking the assassin, he then glanced at the maid and butler giving them a reassuring smile as they both walked to the kitchens to continue acting as normal and to keep all the needs in check for the guests.

Viserys bowed in front of Lady d'Carlo offering his hand to her and whisking her off to the dance floor, he had learned to dance for this type of thing from his mother before he was taken into slavery sure he was still rusty from years of no use but he kept up to the young lady movements while also sending smirks at the Attendant, "Miss d'Carlo, you must forgive me for my eager position but I heard from sources your dancing is as elegant as the storm itself" he smiled down at her, "And I must say even lit up by the faint light of ballroom does no chance of designing your features" he raised her hand kissing it politely.

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."