Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Feeorin Forest > The Stranger [P/R]
Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
Dala watched the drama with increasing interest. She knew little about what was going on beforehand but she did have an interest now. While most would shudder in fear at the thought of a doppelgänger and what it could, or already had done, the young woman was remarkably relaxed. Perhaps it helped that a powerful fox lady, a goddess, and her prodigy were all there to figure this out. For now she'd just watch and step in when she was needed. She had a seat on one of the lower branches and watched as the double Shilohs began trying to prove which was the real one. Then, the true Shiloh was revealed through a clever realization. With a sudden crack and thud, the false Shiloh's legs were snapped in two. The beast called out in agony. Then, the badass gave an ultimatum to Shiloh and Siris. Dala knew better than to intervene so she simply watched, keeping an eye in case things became a fight and then she'd have to step in, as much as she dreaded the idea. Fortunately payment was still up in the air. 

Picatrix

Character Info
Name: Siris
Alignment: TN
Race: Arcane Phantasm (Former Human)
Class: Astrologist
Silver: 34
Despite the tense situation, to his shock and surprise Shiloh quickly drew up a document and proceeded to move forward as if she was doing business rather than bargaining for a fugitive. "Reevaluating our current circumstances, I'd like to offer you a long-term trading contract. This deal will compose of routine shipments of rare alchemical ingredients from Canelux and Onnen such as blood ingots. As for the present, I'm willing to pay you 50,000 silver crescents in compensation for trespassing and emotional damages in exchange for the rakshasa alive. Should you consider this to be unsatisfactory, I am more than willing to make amendments to the proposal. If you find these terms agreeable, then we'll leave right away with it once the contract's signed and compensation is paid." 

Shiloh handed the lengthy and detailed enchanted parchment to the woman to peruse, and there was a pause as they waited for her reply. The fact Shiloh was willing to pay silver upfront made it clear that she wanted to leave with the malevolent spirit while it still drew breath, otherwise she wouldn't have increased her initial offer from what she had discussed with him through his messenger familiar. If the owner of this land had not fired that warning shot in response to the spirit's trickery, there wouldn't be a sense of urgency to take custody of it before her patience ran out. The moment Shiloh uttered 'rakshasa' the doppelganger writhing on the ground lost it's false form. With a shudder, the illusion fell away revealing a hideous, horned humanoid creature with lanky limbs and long nails. Sharp yellowed teeth gleamed in the dim light of the enchanted forest as it clutched its bloody knee, shattered and completely useless. 

“I will look on the stars and look on thee, and read the page of thy destiny.”
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Shiloh - the real one, at least - offered me a contract then. The terms were lucrative for such easy prey, but then most prey felt easy to me. Regardless, anger faded to indifference when I saw the piece of parchment.

“Do as you like,” I told the giant of a woman. She was expecting a signature, but the money wasn’t important to me anymore. The whole hunt was about sending a message: a message that I wanted to be left alone. Shiloh had the gusto to remain stoic in the face of those threats, so she had earned her prey. Besides, I learned my lesson last time I signed a contract in the forest.

Little did I know that the decision to walk away wasn’t entirely my own. While I had been staring down the barrel of my weapon at the shapeshifting murderer I had accosted, a specter of light hung over me. I didn’t see her in my toxic focus, but Robin was there with her hand on my shoulder and faintly visible to those in front of me. She influenced my decision to walk away, likely because I wasn’t thinking straight at the time. Ever since I caught wind of the intruders in her reincarnation grove, my mood had swung on a pendulum between anger and malignant curiosity. My friend put a stop to that unhealthy state, and gently guided me away.

So I walked, deep into the forest and away from the group. Eventually I laid down at the tombstone I was protecting and took a nap in the rainbow lights of the forest.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Picatrix

Character Info
Name: Siris
Alignment: TN
Race: Arcane Phantasm (Former Human)
Class: Astrologist
Silver: 34
Without further ado, Siris brought out a bronze octagonal mirror which sucked in the wounded rakshasa. Under different circumstances it would have put up more resistance but the severe shock from its injured knee evaporated any desire of rebellion while the fox woman was still present. He along with Shiloh saw the benevolent specter clear as day, but she threw him a glance which told him to not say anything. "Fair enough, but I don't make promises I don't intend on keeping so I'll complete my end of the transaction nonetheless. You can expect your first shipment to arrive at the beginning of next month." Though her methods at time seemed no different from the fair folk, Shiloh would insist on upholding the principle of fulfilling that which she declared to do. Even if there was no need for it, she felt it necessary to ensure that negotiations received a proper conclusion.

Shiloh tucked away the unsigned document for her own records and gave Dala a nod before heading out while he was a step behind. Peace returned to that dusky enchanted wood as the chase and capture had ended. Once out of Feeorin, Shiloh stopped for a moment in her tracks before her knees buckled out from under her. A sharp gasp escaped her as her merchant's bravado faded. It was then that I saw she had been aware of the tenuous atmosphere this entire time, masking the feeling of underlying terror just long enough to stabilize the situation. At her behest I opened a portal to Railoch where we finished what we came to do. The exorcism was ruthlessly swift–she reduced the rakshasa to ashes as soon as it was released from its prison. The malevolent spirit didn't have time to scream before its existence was snuffed out and its essence dispersed to the winds. 

“I will look on the stars and look on thee, and read the page of thy destiny.”