Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > Holy Mummy! [P, R, Event]
Morticia

Character Info
Name: Morticia Nouhime
Alignment: CE
Race: Pixie
Class: Necromancer
Silver: 1089
If Morticia was in Dalanesca's shoes, she would down right have a hissy fit. She would throw a tantrum, the best word to describe it. Yet what this Thief of Souls was doing was powering up something, a gem of sorts, behind the name of Sardon. While she listened to the goddess, Morticia's wheels began to turn. What would such a device be used for?

As the goddess gave Morticia the opportunity to learn by example from the goddess herself, her face practically glowed with excitement. With a flutter, the pixie was now perched on the opposite shoulder, drinking in every word the moment it left the lips of Dalanesca. "No blood, got it. Wait, if I use my own soul, and I raise too much, would I die?" There had to be some kind of fail safe to keep herself from expediting her own demise. If not, would she truly stay on the path of necromancy? To use the soul of her wyvern was offered, yet was also given a warning. How would one know if they were drawing too much? "Or is it that after I dismiss the creature I have summoned, I regain my sacrificed soul piece?"

Then came the big question which froze the pixie's heart. Her hands flew to her mouth, hiding it behind dainty fingers while her eyes danced with delight. "As much as it is an honor to learn directly from your Godliness, it would be an honor to serve you with all that I am." The reverent tone was far too serious for the pixie's normal demeanor, but one does not take this situation lightly, regardless of one's race. And it hit her with a gasp. "If an undead creature with a will and power of his own raises others to steal souls, would he not have the loyalty of his master enough to raise him too?" Of course, she was talking about Rudjek desiring to resurrect Sardon.

"I mean, it makes sense, doesn't it? Steal from the dead, steal from the freshly slain, steal from the goddess to amass lots of power. What other purpose can it serve? Obviously, the goal isn't just to destroy the land, otherwise we'd see far more than some funny sky and shuffling, linen wrapped morons. Or am I a bit off?" Morticia was also beginning to ramble a little bit, her voice speeding up as she attempted to get the entire thought process out to the goddess.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Dalanesca contemplated the pixie's question rather deeply before she chose to answer.  It seemed that she at least understood what was being said to her, and seemed to grasp the concept behind what it meant.  "That's correct," she eventually answered.  "Some necromancers have drawn so deeply into themselves that they have knocked themselves right out of existence.  It's rather a pity - it takes quite a bit of power to do that, but that power is just tossed aside once their own life force is gone," she said, frowning slightly.  "You always regain what is drawn out, though the amount of time it takes to replenish varies from each casting," she said, nodding at her own comments.

She could not help but smile at Morticia's happiness when she requested her services.  "I expect you'll need a bit of teaching before you'll be overly useful," she said, though it was clear that the words were said with no ill intentions.  She was not trying to insult the pixie, but rather explain that she already knew that she needed to learn more about the subject of necromancy and the like, at least in the manner that Dalanesca approved of it.  "That's a tough question to answer," she said.  "Even in my time on this plane, hell, even in the time of the Mother," she said, giving pause as a tribute to Angela Rose when she spoke one of her reverent titles.  "We do not know what Sardon will be capable of if he is resurrected," she said.  She sounded rather upset and troubled by this outlook, and that was most certainly the case.  She did not like how much power the lich had… and the prospect of how much power that chaos god of old would have were he to make it out.

"No one would know if you are off or not except the lich priest himself," she said.  "I'm still unsure as to what his intentions are, to be frank and honest," she said as she frowned again. "But for now, we must busy ourselves with making our way to the pyramid.  It seems that you have accepted my offer, so let me take this time to show you something.   I am going to draw power from you - not that I need to, but I want you to know what those you draw from - even yourself - will experience when you do so."  Once the pixie had given her permission, Dalanesca focused enough of her mind on drawing out a bit of energy from the pixie.  The creature was small, so she was careful not to pull too much from her.  "Do you feel it, within you?" she said, asking her if she could tell that the power was being drawn.  

"My favorite part… is this," she said and waved her hand towards a small group of mummies that was facing away from them.  As they crumbled to the ground, she felt the power of the destruction flow into herself, just as it would to Morticia.  The pixie would be able to feel the wave of power just the same, an invigorating feeling.  "This is what you will feel when you draw on yourself… rather exhilarating, is it not?" she asked, with a bit of a smile.  "So.  Should we practice a bit more out here, or do you feel we should make our way to the pyramid now?"

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Morticia

Character Info
Name: Morticia Nouhime
Race: Pixie
Class: Necromancer
Silver: 1089
It was kind of daunting to think she could wink herself out of existence if she was not careful. Fortunately, Dalanesca reassured her that her strength would return given the proper amount of time. The goddess warned her about drawing power from Morticia to give her an example of what the pixie would put others through. Trusting the goddess, the pixie nodded eagerly as she was excited to see what Dalanesca would do.

The drain felt like a light weight pressing down upon her as some invisible force sipped on her life. This was the only way she could describe it. No doubt the more power pulled, the greater the feeling would become. ”I do, Dark One, I really do!” Even feeling a bit drained from the pull, Morticia could not help being excited to learn something new.

Power, unbridled power, chaotic and destructive coursed through Morticia. Exhilarating, intoxicating, the pixie felt invigorated as the mummies crumbled. She shuddered involuntarily as it coursed through her. ”More than words can describe,” Morticia said reverently, sharing the smile with Dalanesca. ”Can we make our way to the pyramid, practice on anything we see? Tenebrae!” The wyvern cooed his attention to his name. ”Lend me your power, dear friend?”

Upon seeing her first group of mummies, Morticia sent out her power in search of Tenebrae, siphoning a little bit of him, feeling the opposite effect than earlier. Instead of feeling drained and weighted, she felt full and energized, better than her best days. Waving her hand, Morticia attempted a similar spell to what Dalanesca had cast. Of course, being a mere mystical creature and not a deity, there was a major difference. The same invigorating feeling came over her as a single mummy burst into dust. ”Hmm… While that was amazing, that was a tad… disappointing.” Even her voice sounded deflated.