Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > Something You Should Know [P][R][EVENT]
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Dalanesca watched Jesgil, finding herself impressed with her abilities at dispatching the undead.  She seemed to handle the ax with ease, as though wielding it caused no issues for her in terms of its weight or size.  She supposed it was due in part to the way that the ax was conjured, that it was attached to her.  An appreciative smile spread over her lips as she watched, knowing well that with more practice Jesgil could actually become quite a force to be reckoned with.

She was pulled out of her reverie, however, by the sound of heavy steel dragging across the sand covered ground.  The sound drew Dalanesca's attention from Jesgil, and she shook her head as she sized the creature up.  The dwarf looked rather powerful, for a small, round, undead thing - and the hammer it carried looked as though it would either do an awful lot of damage if it struck something, or shatter into a million pieces.  Not willing to take that risk, Dalanesca approached the dwarf rather casually and waved her hand at it, much as she had the other undead.

This particular creature, however, did not disintegrate into a pile of dust and bones.  It stopped, however, and fixed its eyes directly on the Reaper.  Dalanesca raised an eyebrow at it - did the dwarf actually look annoyed at her?  "Well, I wasn't expecting that," she said, glancing over at Jesgil.  "Might have my work cut out for me on this one," she said, though the hint of laughter and deviousness that shadowed her voice gave way to the fact that she was not entirely worried about the situation.  

She advanced towards the dwarf, drawing a long, thin blade from a sheath than ran down her spine.  It gleamed strangely in the dim light of the evening, as it was the very same Hellfire forged blade that she had presented to the orc back in Mo'Mey when she had first met Jesgil.  She held it at the ready and moved to strike the dwarf.  With one, long swing, she brought the blade down on the shoulder of the dwarf of the same arm that was dragging the heavy hammer, taking a bounding step backward after her strike.  The results were not exactly what she expected… The dwarf's arm fell clean off, leaving the hammer behind him.  He paused and looked a bit annoyed once more, and merely reached behind with his other still attached arm to grab the weapon, and began advancing towards her once more.

"That didn't quite go according to plan," she called over to Jesgil, her weapon still at the ready.  It was going to take more than brute force to stop this one, and she needed to brainstorm what exactly would help the pair defeat it - worst case scenario, she would banish it to one of the circles of Inferos - but she wanted the thrill of the fight.  "Any suggestions?" she asked her partner, knowing this would be yet another situation to test Jesgil's mettle.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Jesgil

Character Info
Name: Jesgil Yamar
Alignment: TG
Race: Draconian
Class: Maid for Hire
Silver: 561
That was certainly odd… most of the time, when Dalanesca waved her hand, their souls simply left their bodies, as if accepting  their fate… Maybe that was why this one did not crumble easily! After all, their target was a first that escaped the Circles, so maybe it made sense that those who did not accept their fate would fight against it… Jesgil started to feel sorry for the mummies now… Poor souls following the command of another against their will. With Lady Death before them, they accept their fate and relieved in the freedom they were once given again… in Infernos… Maybe they had a special privilege down there? Or at least not holding many times to bind them down.

Jesgil had to shake her head to remind herself where they were and what was happening, watching Dalanesca fend off against the undead force. While it seemed that Lady Death was going to enjoy herself with her play, it was against Jesgil's morals to not assist her.

"Awaken, my blood, and grant me your frost!" she quickly chanted, skipping out the secondary portion as she already felt the power flowing through her, eyes shimmering gold now as a wall of ice was pushed out from under the sand between the two warriors, the banded-together weapon striking the ice and cracking it. However, with a quick move of her taloning fingers, the ice pushed out from the wall itself, wrapping around the weapon. It would take some strength to pry it free, or he would need to abandon it altogether to face his opponents.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca looked a bit alarmed as it looked like the dwarf was going to swing the hammer, but Jesgil came in just in time with her wall of ice.  Truth be told, it would not have killed Dalanesca if it had struck her, but she most certainly would not have enjoyed it.  She let out a dark chuckle as she watched the dwarf struggle with trying to free it from the ice.  He let out several loud grunts of frustration as he now only had one arm to attempt to dislodge the weapon, and after a time he seemed to give up.

"Think he needs an extra hand?" she asked Jesgil, unable to stop herself from the awful joke.  She laughed at herself, before circling around her undead opponent.  With one quick slash, she managed to sever its other arm, and the dwarf's dead eyes seemed to fill with rage.  He advanced towards her, now having to abandon the removal of the weapon from the ice.  "I think I made him mad, don't you?" she asked Jesgil, preparing herself as he now moved on her.  She looked to Jesgil, opening her mouth to say something else, though the words were caught short when the dwarf took off at a full run, sending Dalanesca flying backward as he headbutted her squarely in the stomach.

"Oof!" she exclaimed as she landed on the ground with a hard thud, stars in her eyes.  When she regained her footing, the dwarf was sneering at her, and her eyes were no longer blue.  In the rage that she found from the attack, her pupils had disappeared entirely and her eyes burned an incredibly deep crimson, almost as if a flame was actually within them.  "Wrong decision," she said, and there was a dark almost demonic tone mixed in with her usual low and sultry voice.  

The ground beneath the dwarf began to darken and swirl as Dalanesca stared at him, though she made no motions with her hands nor incantations.  The dwarf looked around himself as though he were confused with what was taking place, and she let a sinister smile spread over her ruby lips.  It seemed as though the dwarf was beginning to sink into the ground below him, the darkness swirling around him acting as if it were a portal to Inferos - which, in fact, it actually was.  In her rage, Dalanesca had called upon one of the powers bestowed upon her by the Voice - the ability to send any creature to one of the nine circles of Inferos.  This dwarf had garnered her rage so profusely that she had sent him to the ninth circle - the worst, by far.

As the top of his head disappeared, Dalanesca's eyes flickered back to their pale blue and the darkness on the ground faded.  She turned back to Jesgil.  "Sorry you had to see that," she said, tucking her hair behind her ear.  "But I am afraid it was necessary…"

Jesgil

Character Info
Jesgil could not help but stare at the terrifying power that Dalanesca had unleashed. In fact, all the mummies in the surrounding area stopped to watching, making it feel as if time was all but frozen aside from the two… That or a stage show, where the rest suddenly became an audience to their performance. At least when all was said and over, no one dared to give an applause, all things considered…

When the main body had sunken down into the internal depths of Infernos, Jesgil headed over to her ice wall, where his arm still clamored to the weapon. "Excuse me, but may you please yet go," he told the arm, trying to puss around it before giving it a light tickle, causing its grip to loosen and fall to the sandy ground before reverting the ice's grip on the weapon. Once it was free, though, the weight took her by surprise and had her lose her balance, bonking her head against the ice.

"Owww…" she muttered, rubbing her head before looking at the weapon she had in hand. Outside of the terrible binding that held the heavy hammer head from the handle, it looked just like the weapon they were looking for. "It seems Uram was certainly quite proud of this project," she chuckled as she saw his emblem upon the binding part of the metal, something he typically places on after the weapon had been fitted.

Pulling herself back up, the hammer cradled in one arm and the axe resting in the other, Jesgil stated, "It seems we had found and dealt with the task," with a smile on her face, though looking around to add on, "It is only bad that things are still like this…"

Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca eyed the weapon in question that Jesgil spoke of - she was right, it was, in fact, the hammer that Uram, the orc blacksmith, had stolen from him.  Did this mean that the undead dwarf that Dalanesca had just sent to the depths of Inferos was the soul in question that had escaped? She wasn't sure, but it had somehow obtained the weapon.  That means one of two things: either the dwarf was who they were looking for, or he somehow got the hammer into his possession - she assumed the former of the two was most likely.  

"Other than the fact that it wasn't finished, the craftsmanship is rather impressive on that piece," she said, eyeing it analytically.  That reminded her - she had left a piece with Uram to be repaired.  "We should probably head back in that direction at some point - I seem to recall that I left a particularly unique piece with him, and I'd like to retrieve it," she said, giving Jesgil a grin.

She nodded at Jesgil's next comments. "Yeah… I think things are going to be fine, now," she said, sensing a change in the atmosphere around them.  The evil may not have been fully defeated - the force within the pyramid - but it certainly had lost quite a bit of its strength in the time that they had been battling the dwarf and the undead that had been with him.  "You did well, Jesgil," she said, offering her a respectful nod of the head.  "I think, the more you practice with Tillan, and the more you focus your abilities and harness them… you'll be a force to be reckoned with in no time," she said.  "As for now, however, what do you say we head back to Mo'mey and return this hammer to Uram?" she asked.

"We can travel the easy way - my way," she said, though she frowned slightly when she remembered Jesgil's reaction to the last time they had traveled in such a method.  "Or, we can go the mortal way.  I'll let you decide," she said, the grin returning to her lips as she pulled her flask out and took a drink.  She tucked it away without offering any to Jesgil - she hadn't seemed to care for it the last time.

Jesgil

Character Info
Jesgil was sure to smile in relief about being able to help and get the mission done pretty quickly. However, with the current state of the land, she knew she would be heading back as quickly as possible to make sure she could be of aid. After all, it was her duty to make sure that those around her was safe. Still, as much as she wanted to stay, she wanted to be able to at least finish her obligations with the Goddess of Death and enjoy herself before coming into the knowing upcoming war.

"I would not mind the easy way," Jesgil assured her. "After all, I am sure Uram would be wondering where you would be after being gone for longer than a week. Not only that, but we can enjoy some celebratory drinks, right?" she giggled, giving a wink to Dalanesca. "Besides, I don't got the rations for quite the journey on foot." Not yet, at least.

Dalanesca

Character Info
It was clear that Dalanesca wasn't the only one who was satisfied with the way things had ended in that particular situation.  She was glad that Jesgil had decided to tough it out and fight with her, as it was clear that she had talent that just needed to be honed.  "The easy way it is, then," she said, agreeing with Jesgil with a simple nod.  "Yeah… need to get that blade back from him," she added as an afterthought.  "And I'm not ever one to deny a drink," she added.  When Jesgil noted that she wasn't really equipped to travel on foot, she took pause.

"You know when all is said and done… I'd like to invite you to my home in Porta Inferni," she said, giving her a grin.  "You've got that handy ax, but I'd like to give you a  few gifts for helping me with this task," she added.  "I've got an entire armory you could pick from… weapons, armor… you name it.  And perhaps I could pair you up with a hellhound that could come to your aid, should you ever need it?" she said, as she began to walk the pair toward a good open clearing where she could open a portal back to Mo'Mey.

"We can discuss over a drink when we get back," she added as they reached a safe area.  With one wave of her hand, she opened a red portal that would bring the pair back outside of the village they had first met in.  "After you," she said, gesturing for the maid to step through before following her, the portal snapping closed behind her and leaving no trace of their exit other than the dust of the dismantled corpses that covered the ground where they had just battled.