Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > The First Wave [O][Event]
Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Alignment: CG
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Silver: 0
"Yes it can!" Myouga said, staunchly maintaining her opinion. "Cats talk all the time, we just don't know what they're saying!" One the cats meowed lazily while grooming it self. The little mage then pointed at it, as if proving her argument. She then gaped at the man and gasped, looking a bit hurt by his words. They were rather insensitive, and possibly discriminatory. "Whaaaat? How can you say that? Mister Manaclaw's a person, not a pet! He's a kobold! You're so mean!" Pouting, she puffed her face at him like a blowfish putting on an angry face. "I guess you didn't see him then. Oh well… Drat, time to do this all over again." Grabbing one of the cats, she pointed ahead as she marched out. "Alright Mr. Kitty! I'll give you all the sardines you want if you tell me where you last saw the lizard! Let's go!" While she ran outside, there was along drawn out meow as they disappeared into the streets. 

"Let's see, tavern–check, street number one–check, stables–check, guard barracks–also check. Where haven't I looked yet? …Oh!" The infirmary! Of course, that was where she hadn't looked yet! She was regretting not putting a sign on the kobold before they split up, but if one doesn't succeed at first–try until it works! Hoisting the tabby cat she had absconded with, the arcanist began navigating the streets until she made it to the hospital. Hopefully he wasn't in there for treatment, and had just taken cover. Bursting in, she shouted: "Hello?! Is there a 'Ivacus Manaclaw' here? I would like to speak with his personage!" It was an absurd sight; a small girl holding a cat above her head yelling at the top of her lungs. The bespectacled woman let out a groan. "Oh, you again. Hey, are either you the bloke she's looking for?" The woman pointed at the odd girl.

Mezereon

Character Info
Name: Mezereon
Alignment: CN
Race: Elven Deva
Class: Diviner
Returning from the stables, she headed back to the infirmary. The rooms needed tidying up with people tracking sand in with their shoes, and there was no harm in making salves and ointments in advance. Best to be overstocked than running low when it was most needed. Entering she heard a cacophony of voices–one heavily accented, one less accented with a hissing lisp, Griselda's annoyance, and a cat complaining to the people that they wanted  to be put down. She came upon the scene of her professor holding a cat above her head–against its will–and a masked man holding a kobold. She blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't seeing things. "Oh professor! You're awake! Feeling a bit better now?"

Casting such a powerful spell like that earlier must have taken a lot out of her, but Professor Ryou had bounced back spectacularly. If she was running around like this, then she was probably fine. Glancing at the other two, she assumed they were here for treatment. Griselda gave her a look that said she didn't want to be here, so Liselotte did her a favor and stepped in. "Excuse me sirs, if you need something I can help you. So, what do they need Griselda?" The glasses-wearing woman pushed the frame of her glasses back up her nose. She needed a new pair, as they had been bent out of shape when someone accidentally sat on them. "The masked one says that kobold took a hit to the head. Do me a solid and take them in for an examination, will you? Oh and your friend's looking for someone named Manaclaw." 

"I see, well right this way gentlemen. I'll need to take a look at you to see if you're ready to be up and walking." Giving a warm smile, she motioned for Hans to follow her. "Lise, Lise! Can I come too? I don't know what Mr.Kitty is saying, he's talking an awful lot right now." The small mage pestered the half-elf, holding the cat up to her face. 'Tell this nut to put me down!' The cat complained. 'She's been running all over, parading me like a couple with their firstborn child!' "Professor, you can let the cat go on its own now. It doesn't like being airborne." The arcanist looked surprised, then sheepish. She let the cat go and it scampered off to freedom.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
kingcrasy

Character Info
Name: Reginn Obi
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Blacksmith
Silver: 62
He rosed his eyebrow, "A Kobold?" he muttered to himself flickering through his notepad reaching pages of races quickly reading articles he had found in many books, in the past a lot of people had asked Regi why he kept the variety of notebooks in his possession. The problem was that the blacksmith had a bad memory and was incredibly use to forgetting the names of people, places and pets even Cricket had to bear witness to the young man pacing back and forwards trying to remember the time of his last feeding, his mother use to tell him it was because of all the ideas he kept coming up with was pushing all the important information out from his ears and mouth and that's why he talked so much.

There was the pang of pain in his chest he had become so used to since learning of his mother's passing, not being able to be with her at the final moments of her life all he could hope for was that she knew how much he cared about her. he was snapped from his thoughts watching the obviously crazy woman running out the Tavern hearing the panicked meow of a cat, "Miss! please put the cat down!" he quickly walked outside to see them run out of view before being faced with a rather large old lady holding a book of green looking plants and herbs he gulped before the woman chuckled loudly, "A strong man is what is just what I need!" she pushed the crate into his arms before continuing talking "Take these Griselda in the infirmary, hopefully, she'll find these useful" the lady finished with thanks and a slap to the back pushing Regi forwards towards the building.

He opened the door a bit nervously before shouting out, "Miss Griselda? I have a crate of items for you from a bear of a woman!" he walked in placing it on the ground before stopping seeing them all, "Okay so we have, Crazy Cat lady, Plague Doctor, Human-Lizard" pointing with a finger at each one with a expression on his face before it formed into a distasteful one "And you" finishing on the blonde one. "By any chance any of your merry band is Griselda?" he finished by taking his rucksack off the top of the box and sliding it back onto his back.

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Ivacus Manaclaw

Character Info
Name: Ivacus Manaclaw
Race: Kobold
Class: God of Exploration and Inspiration
Silver: 609
This was certainly way more attention than the lizard was used to.  The words Kobold and Manaclaw were getting tossed around even more than when he lived back at home with Father Kreest and his brothers and sisters…it was oddly satisfying, hearing so many people care about his well-being.  Maybe the world above wasn't such a jerk-filled place of stuffed shirts after all.

However, he had a feeling that if he allowed this medical examination thing to go unchecked, he would soon have a lot more enemies than friends in this claustrophobic outpost.  And in the middle of the desert with no bodies to shield himself with or a possible escape route, now was not the time to be as unsubtle as he normally was.  Thankfully, he was saved by the bell as it were.  Or, in his confused understanding of Common expressions, the phrase "relieved by the gong" that he muttered under his breath.  However he said it, never before did he think he'd be happy that a crazed, cat-toting half-demon of some kind was actively looking for him.

"Yes, over here, I'm Manaclaw, save me from this torturous grasp!" he shouted, waving his hands in Myouga's general direction.  Being held aloft like a child so easily was getting a little uncomfortable, to say the least.  And seeing as the cat the Professor was holding got a reprieve from it, he hoped he would too with a little pleading.  "Kindly-doctor-woman, I don't like being airborne either!" he said, craning his neck towards Liselotte.  "I swear on the 9th Circle of Porta Inferni I'm doing just bloody fine!"  

Of course, he would have to ignore the slight headache and dizziness he still had to be totally fine, but self-preservation took precedence over worrying about such petty concerns.  

I am Kaane OOC

Ivacus is the God of Exploration, Travellers, and Motivation

Powers

I: With a divine sense of direction, can find his way to where he or another wants to go in any situation, even places he's never been.
II: Can read the innermost desires and needs of those he speaks with for the purpose of motivating them into taking action.
III: Can operate any mode of transportation (ship/airship) no matter how complex, and tame any creature that can serve as a mount.
Hans Ze Vampire Hunter

Character Info
Name: Hans von Hohencloren
Race: Human but who know what will happen
Class: Vampire Hunter
Silver: 692
- Please Mr.Manclaw examination is in order it , zis iz for your own good besides it shouldn't take long and it won't be painfull - He said with his,maske covered, face turned towards Ivacus - Not to mention ze fact that quicker we get to performing it , quicker you will be free to do what you want to do so please be calm - After finishisng this sentence he turned his head towards Liselotte - After you Mizz - he said in a calm and polite tone. Meanwhile his mind was in a state that couldn't have, by any definitaion of the word, bee called calm at this very momment, no he was kind of screaming internaly because he was worried that if Mr. Maclaw wasn't examined quickly enough something might happen, like he might die which would be horrible and then some.
Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Alignment: CG
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Seeing Ivacus again, Myouga's gloominess fled in an instant. "Mr. Manaclaw! You're here! Whew, I thought I'd lost you somewhere. It's really hard to find somebody when people don't know what a kobold is!" Hearing what the masked man was saying through his peculiar accent, she continued. "I'll wait for you out here until you're done with your check up! Don't worry–Lise is an expert! I should know–I taught her class back when she was a student in the academy!" It was hard to imagine the grinning girl as a teacher, let alone in a formal teaching institution. The mental image of a lecturer and Myouga just did not mesh somehow. "Alrighty Lise, he's all yours! Hm…where did that cat go?" Her voice trailed off as the kobold was being brought to the infirmary for inspection of his head for a concussion.

As she promised, she sat down in a chair and waited. Seeing the man who mistook Ivacus for a pet back when she tried to explain things, she pointed at the receptionist. "Griselda's right there mister!" Knowing how the bespectacled woman didn't like her very much, she took out a sweet roll and began to stuff it into her mouth. Eating the pastry made her more quiet, and gave her something to be preoccupied with. It wasn't time for the midday meal, so she might as well keep herself full until it was ready. Her rather active lifestyle made it easy for her to burn through energy like a lamp. When that pastry was finished, she took out another. 

Mezereon

Character Info
Name: Mezereon
Race: Elven Deva
Class: Diviner
Griselda was soon busy handling the supplies from the man who was previously a patient in the infirmary. In response to that man's rather dismissive address of her, she just gave him a friendly smile as if nothing had happened. As long as their supplies weren't being stolen, she had no reason to be upset anymore. Leading the heavily-accented man and the kobold to the cots, she began opening up her travel case for some clean cloth and poultices. They probably wouldn't be needed, but you could never be too prepared. Turning to the two, the alchemist smiled. "So, gentlemen–could you explain to me what exactly happened? I'd like to know how Mr. Manaclaw came to be injured. You can set him down on the cot here to give your arms a rest sir."

Understanding the kobold's anxiety towards the phrase 'medical examination', she did her best to assuage his fears. "Don't fret sir, this won't take long. It'll be quick, and when it's over you'll be out on your merry way. Taking a blow to the head is no laughing matter. People have been known to die very suddenly following a head injury. All I will be doing is a check on where your injury is, and the severity." She would then put on a pair of gloves and proceed to gently press around the area where said injury was. "No bleeding, or fractures. Though I can't be sure if nothing is ruptured inside, this should do." Using a healing spell on the area, any damage that wasn't immediately life-threatening would be gone. The pain spiked for a moment as the healing took place, then disappeared when it was finished. "There you are, Mr. Manaclaw. You're fit as a fiddle. Take care if you choose to venture outside the outpost!" She waved to them when the nervous kobold was released. "Professor Ryou's likely running Griselda ragged out there. She said she wanted to speak with you, correct? You probably shouldn't keep her waiting. Professor's known to have trouble sitting still for long periods of time."

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
kingcrasy

Character Info
Name: Reginn Obi
Race: Human
Class: Blacksmith
Silver: 62
He looked at the receptionist "Oh your Griselda, Sorry about all the broken stuff?" he chuckled awkwardly helping her sort the supplies before he rose his eyebrow quickly "What if I just made you something to help this place?" he quickly a slid into a chair causing it to squeal loudly against the tiles "I once accidentally made a rune that almost looked like it sped the speed of time up in a small area around it, but alas I quickly found it only affected plant life, like a really efficient fertiliser" he got a blank slate out while giving a look to the lady waiting for the nod of approval, once given he got to work chipping away watching the slate glow with every hit, one wrong tap could result in the Rune breaking and releasing all its energy at was which gave him many thoughts on how to create a powerful pressure plate trap for his next work.

It took him a few minutes but the result was a flat green rune pulsing with energy, even the young blacksmith was proud of his work as he slid his goggles up wiping his forehead and looking at Griselda with a smirk "Now we just put this here" he muttered placing one of the herbs on top of the slate as roots seemed to seep across the top layer and rejuvenate the plant as the lavender he placed there produce a small stalk, "The benefit of this is that the rune powers itself off sunlight which you get a lot from the desert". he hoped this was enough of a repayment for all the things he broke while with heatstroke he stood walking over to where he saw the crazy cat lady with her mouth full with a sigh Regi asked "Seriously, who are you? I mean from the sound of the conversation you had you're a teacher of sorts but how does anyone learn something from you?"

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Ivacus Manaclaw

Character Info
Name: Ivacus Manaclaw
Race: Kobold
Class: God of Exploration and Inspiration
Silver: 609
Doctor-of-Annoyance-Beakface just didn't seem to be getting the point, which was just great considering his extenuating circumstances.  He wouldn't have minded getting examined head to toe, but he didn't want to get confused with some sort of secret agent for this tremendously powerful lich that was busy assailing their position.  Not just that it was a life-threatening situation for him, but being even remotely associated with this idiot that couldn't even mount a successful attack on a raggedy fortress surrounded on all sides was simply embarrassing.  To think he'd work for a guy like that?  Out of the question.  Father Kreest had always been far more intelligent…

He sighed externally as he tried to dispel thoughts of his…family, again.  Was he still homesick after all of this time?

At any rate, it seemed that his potential savior had already gotten on board with the "Crucify the Small Lizard" train.  He was also surprised to learn that she was somehow a teacher; what she could have taught and where was beyond him, considering her scatterbrained demeanor.  But if Liselotte was willing to go along with it, he would take her word for it.  "Thank you," he would say to her with an air of slight dismay and sarcasm to it that likely wouldn't be picked up by the overly enthusiastic oni, as he resigned himself to his fate.  How would he escape…there seemed to be a lot of shadows on the walls, maybe he could meld into them with enough effort.  Though even thinking about planning was making his head hurt even more.

Liselotte's voice was at the very least soothing to listen to, and she seemed to know what she was doing.  As he was laid down on the cot, however, he felt beyond vulnerable; here he was, prone, and unable to do much to defend himself.  He could literally be taken hostage for all he knew.  And with so many prying eyes on him, there wasn't much he could do to get out of there.  He grit his teeth as the doctor examined his head, though he noticed his clothes hadn't been touched, thankfully.  Hopefully this would be over soon.

After proclaiming that there was nothing externally wrong, Lise proceeded to do something that felt like she was driving a hot nail into the back of his skull.  

"AIYYUUUUEEEEEE!" he screeched as he nearly jumped out of her hands.  But thankfully his position laying down prevented him from doing much else but flailing like a ragdoll, keeping her spellweaving intact as the pain faded into nonexistence.

By merely touching his head, she had cured him of whatever concussion he had.  That…was extraordinary.

As he sat up on the bed, studying her face curiously for a few moments, he then managed to offer a slight smile.  "You are too kind, Head-healing-nurse-mistress.  Your power was both fast and bulbous…thank you."

Leaving her to ponder what exactly fast and bulbous meant, he swiftly got to his feet and attempted to escape the infirmary with a furtive gait, barely noticing some kind of rune-forging going on at the reception desk.  He didn't want to be present for any more potential examining; this was too close of a call for him to feel comfortable sticking around.  However, it seemed that he wouldn't be allowed to merely slip into the darkness and prepare his journey to his ultimate destination.  There she was, Apparently-Professor Myouga Ryou, waiting for his exit in a chair whilst eating what admittedly looked like a delicious pastry.

He muttered something foul in Koboldese under his breath before turning to her, knowing it would be easier to just get this over with.  Though truth be told her bubbly personality was rather pleasant.  "I…ssssmm…must say…I'm surprised you are a professor, I wouldn't have guessed it, Excitable-Oni-Ryou.  What and where do you teach?

I am Kaane OOC

Ivacus is the God of Exploration, Travellers, and Motivation

Powers

I: With a divine sense of direction, can find his way to where he or another wants to go in any situation, even places he's never been.
II: Can read the innermost desires and needs of those he speaks with for the purpose of motivating them into taking action.
III: Can operate any mode of transportation (ship/airship) no matter how complex, and tame any creature that can serve as a mount.
Hans Ze Vampire Hunter

Character Info
Name: Hans von Hohencloren
Race: Human but who know what will happen
Class: Vampire Hunter
Silver: 692
Hans was greatly relieved when Ivacus was healed from his head wound by Liselotte, all that stress that and internal screaming stoped in a instant and his thoughts returned to matter of his employment as a medic and as it happened he was in the infarmary of this camp next to someone who apeared to be one in charged of it, what are the odds of that……
- Eh mizz ehm I am very thankfull for your help but I have also a thong to ask of you, you zee I came here to be a medic and since it apears that you are one in charged of this establishment I would kindly ask of you to consider ehm how to zay it ehhh take me in into the crew? Do not worry I am a qualified medic with a considerable amount of alchemical knowledge I can asure that I would be an asset to the team heh heh…….. - He said in polite if little bit nervous tone to the Liselotte.