Out-Of-Character Forums > O.O.C. Pub > General Discussions > Experiences of a New Staff Member
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
It's been a year since I became a staff member. (whoa time flew) but not all of it has been great. I wanted to put it into perspective for people what it's like. Going from one of the most active people in the community to being a staff member. Things change and they change fast.
1. You can't participate in events like you use to. –When I post I normally go all out. Before I could post massive amounts in events and get praised for being active. Now I can't because I get told I am ruining it for nonstaff members.

2. No matter how nice you are, people still find complaints. – I could give people the world and still hear I'm a corrupt staff member. I'm really not.

3. Being an Admin means everyone you select for roles are obviously bribing you. – This one was a given. When I got my spot on DaeLuin as Earth everyone complained that Daniel just handed it to me. I worked my butt off for 9 years trying to get a spot. He's turned me down several times.

4. You slowly fall out of love with being a staff member and trying to make the site a better place – this one is obvious. People nitpick you constantly about who you are, what you're doing, how you're doing it. What you aren't doing. When you aren't doing enough. That you have dumb ideas. Never do we actually hear praise enough.

5. We never actually hear any complaints members have because they are afraid of us– Guys this one is huge. You are all my friends yet I get poked by 1 person being told problems on the site because we are scary. We're not really scary and I won't yell if you have complaints. That's what we're here for. We can't actively make the site better if we don't hear things.

6. People treating staff like we are emotionless nonhuman entities. – A lot of people seem to think that the staff doesn't have any feelings. It's like you become an abyss after you get your title. Friends who you use to write with are suddenly intimidated by you and make you feel like you're no longer welcome.

7. Once you become staff your ideas aren't considered healthy for the site– It doesn't matter if you were the top advocating member of the nonstaff union. Once you become staff you are pretty much treated like you don't care about the site anymore. You yourself become an outcast when you are really trying your best to create a nice environment. 

8. Even if you are doing your best you can't shake a stigma– Once you become staff you gain the staff stigma. It doesn't go away and no one even thinks about believing you can do good. Honestly, this is a big one as it kills my motivation for the site every time I hear the complaint that people think the staff is corrupt. I try so hard to be open and honest with you guys but I swear it never seems good enough. Hopefully in the future this changes as I understand why its around.

9. Within seconds of getting a staff spot you don't know what the user base wants anymore- This. This right here. I got told this to my face literally minutes after I was announced as Earth. I even went above and beyond what was expected of me and asked users what they wanted on a regular basis and still I was accused of not knowing anything.

10. The funny things you do make people accuse you of out casting them– This has happened more then once. You guys when I joke around its seriously a joke. I'm not going to stop being me because I will hate the site the moment that happens. Meaning full out quit and just walk away. This is the place where everyone can relax. I really do love you guys and it hurts me that you think I would purposely hurt you guys or favor people. I really don't do that.

If you have any questions or concerns I can help you guys. You need to give me a chance to prove that we're good people. If you can't trust us then we can't have a good staff to user relationship. I want to make sure that you guys can rely on me and the others without questioning our motives. We really do have your best intentions in mind.

Experiences of a new Staff Member by Brittlez

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Pyzis

Character Info
Name: Pyzis
Alignment: LG
Race: Phoenix
Class: Fire elementalist
Silver: 3271

I want to thank all of the staff for their hard work! The site is amazing and no matter what we love every one of you. 

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
<3 Thank you Misty. We're trying very very hard.

And just as an added note. I was told during the move that out of all the staff members I've never had a single complaint against me minor or otherwise since I've been moved up to staff. I'm doing my best to keep it that way (Its just naturally who I am anyways). I administrate like the way I live. I was very serious when I said I would hand Brandon his butt if he ever did something wrong. I wouldn't give him a god spot just because he applied. That's not the way I am.

I remember when I was applying. I wanted to earn that spot and not having it handed to me. I know how important that feeling is. The first time I got my teeth into an application and I tasted it I got thrown out for applying with an alt that didn't have 50 posts on it. It broke my heart but I sucked it up and moved on. I would try many more times after that finally landing Earth with Angela. Angela wasn't Earth. Earth was Angela. Remember when you are applying during God apps that your character makes the spot not the other way around. I hope that helps.

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Xallithelid

Character Info
Name: Xallithelid
Alignment: CN
Race: Illithid
Class: Mind Flayer
Silver: 30
I haven't been around long enough to see ANY complaints about this site what-so-ever. And honestly i dont really see the staff in the same light as i do other communities, i see everyone on this site more as peers than i do betters or lessers. Also, how the hell are you corrupt? seriously, whoever said that must not be very bright. I sure as hell have voiced all of my ideas so far, and i wouldn't expect anyone to be afraid of you guys. y'all are people too.

I sincerely hope, for your sake, that you are an idiot.
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
<3 aw you are awesome.

Sometimes I guess people just get upset when they aren't chosen and they take it out on the people doing the choosing. A lot of harsh words have gone around and it causes staff changes so the more hardy staff take the hits. (Us delicate flowers get to work in the background planting rose gardens and taking requests) I am glad that my fellow members and staff members are helpful and kind to me. We came into this as a family and we're not coming out of it any other way. We may fight but we still are laughing like ten minutes after a fight. We get over it. We're humans :)

Angela's 3 God Rules
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info

Angela's 3 God Rules
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
I know no one has posted here for a while, but I just had to say this.
Whoever thinks Angela Rose is not a wonderful person needs a reality check. From everything I've seen (and, granted, I haven't been here very long), Angela is an absolutely incredible person and does a lot for this site. 
Thank you Brittlez! :)

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
:D aw you made me blush! Thank you Silver Star! I do what I must for everyone to have a good time :) and a lot of my free time is dedicated to rev even when you don't see me on ^^

Angela's 3 God Rules
Aaryona

Character Info
Name: Aaryona Rose-Draconis
Class: Clan Leader
Silver: 834
:V Also I've officially made it to year 2 of my servitude. Ready the confetti cannons.

Do I have any more advice coming into year 2? SURE! Ok so it's not really advice but be entertained :P

Laugh lots.
Love hard.
Hold your friends tight.
Don't take things ubber serious.
Misspelling things you named on the site is a serious offense (I am so sorry you guys) xD Or misspelling other things people named. I am always misspelling stuff. I was on a streak for a long time misspelling Parvpora. I NAMED IT. Still misspelling Ataiyo on occasion….
Include things that are absolutely funny (even if only to you…) Harena Desert is actually Desert Desert. Try unseeing that now. (I had my naming privileges taken away for a while because of that but it was worth it.)

This is a stressful position and the only way I've found to deal with it on top of being in college and working full time is to have fun with it. Once it becomes a job… you just don't love it anymore. You can't see it like that. I love what I do and I'm going to keep loving what I am doing even when the site becomes an old maid.

BTW for those curious about how an admin and mod living together looks like… It's hilarious. I get on Brandon's butt all the time :P I will flop myself on Brandon and ask him to do things for me because I am busy doing other things. It's handy. Because unlike if you didn't live with me.. you can't ignore me if I am being annoying :D.

Seriously you guys. I am so happy to be your admin and do things for you all. :) If you ever need anything or have an idea drop it to me. I'm human (I don't bite.. at least not hard). The human thing is debatable with a few :V But I love you guys. If you ever are having a hard time and need someone (I don't care what time it is) I will hand out my email or whatever and be there for you guys. I've answered phone calls at 2am from some of our rpers. I don't want anyone feeling like they are alone. Much love and a lot of hugs!

-Brittlez -leveled up-

OOC: Brittlez! Main: Angela Rose