Out-Of-Character Forums > O.O.C. Pub > Debaters' Corner > 2016 US PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION MEGATHREAD
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Okay.  I'm doing it.  I'm opening that can of worms.

Who do you support?  Who do you loathe?  WHY!?

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Crystaline

Character Info
Name: Crystaline
Alignment: TG
Race: Angelic Rosenite
Class: Lost
Silver: 1327
Brandon and I are moving out of the country. :P

:v we're gonna die either way unless someone with morals shows up.

OOC: Brittlez
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Can of worms indeed. Even replying is a dangerous gambit, but whatever. I've made no secret of my political leanings for a while now.

I won't be able to move until at least half way through the first term of either Clinton or Trump. In the mean time, I will not vote for either of them, and had hoped that Sanders would have won by now. If Sanders is not the nominee, I'll vote Green party and probably change my party affiliation. Trump is a narcissistic maniac, and Clinton is a warmongering, untrustworthy shill only beholden to her donors. For me, voting either one is trying to determine which class of turd sandwich I'd enjoy most. Clinton doesn't even strike me as someone who should be associated with the Democratic party of old since she's so in bed with money. At least Jill Stein shares my values, and I will vote my values rather than out of fear this election. 

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
CodeAni… I think you took the words from my mouth.  I feel the same way.

Sebastian Black

Character Info
Name: Sebastian Black
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Mystic
Silver: 47
The Bern. I still feel it.
I would have liked to see this be a race between Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders. I would have been fine with either one, if Rand is anything like his dad. I don't submit to the whole two party system, and I'm obviously not excited about either of the front-runners.

I am not ashamed to admit I'm a conspiracy theorist - to a degree. How Trump and Clinton have done so well boggles my mind, and really does not help my paranoid cynisism towards American government.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
That would have been interesting to see Rand Paul vs. Bernie Sanders. Rand Paul is different from Ron Paul on some policies, last I heard, but him standing up against the patriot act re-authorization and the warmongering won major points with me during the Republican Primary.

Not sure about every single conspiracy theory floating around, but I do think it seems too convenient that the only Republican candidate that Clinton stands a chance against in the polls is the one who won the nomination. It's also curious that Trump announced his candidacy after a several hour conversation with Bill Clinton last year. That conversation is confirmed, and it lends some credence to the idea that Trump was just a Clinton plant to assure a Hillary victory. 

Paige Wintercrest

Character Info
Name: Paige Wintercrest
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Sorceress
Silver: 152
I hate politics for many reasons before this election, and my hatred only grew considering the possible candidates that may become president. Trump's doing well because he knows how to play certain people- "Blah blah, make American great again, blah blah Build up the wall, blah blah, send all the immigrates back, blah blah…" and Clinton…I don't really know aside from being a huge liar like how she said that vets loved the VA and how great it is. >>

Regardless of which of the two are president, I don't see either one of them as best for this country.

But…its a good thing that presidents are really only figureheads, and that the true power of the government is within Congress, so that's something at least.

OOC: Brandon, the Mad Admin, or Branana
Sebastian Black

Character Info
Name: Sebastian Black
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Mystic
Silver: 47
I have a feeling this thread will be more or less unanimous in sentiment…
The poor naked debates board did need some material though.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Haha, yes, it will likely be unanimous.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Sebastian Black - that's why I posted here.  Felt like it was sad and lonely and needed some friends… 

But I won't be surprised if 99% of the people who post here have the same viewpoints.

Personally, I don't care for any of the candidates, but I'll still vote - mostly because I am a firm believer that if you don't cast your vote when you are able to, you don't have a right to complain about who gets voted in.  (Example:  I vote for Bernie Sanders, but Donald Trump gets elected.  I have a right to complain.  Second example: I don't vote.  Donald Trump gets elected.  I complain.  I would not, in my opinion, have a right to complain about that.)  Lesser of the two evil is still evil :(

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!