Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > The Sound of Soft Things [P][R]
Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Name: Lyra Nyström
Alignment: TN
Race: Human-Djinn
Class: Bard
Silver: 711
Lyra listened to Edgest. Randal was quite the interesting sort in all her travels she had never met anybody like him or Edgest at least not together. "Shame…" Lyra sighed in regards to Edgest explaining why he constantly chewed or dug into his bag. Lyra could relate the past was never easy to forget, let go or escape, certainly if it was an unfavorable one. "Have you always been a Wraith Edgest? Or did you have a past life?" The Djinn spoke lightly as she inspected the sounding area. By now she was sort of floating if you will, sitting Indian style once more in mid-air - beneath her bottom was what looked to be a type of cloud which helped hold the Djinn body up with the aide of a gentle breeze. 

"Can you levitate?" For Lyra levitation was one of the first things learned by an Air Djinn, it was their most basic ability. If Randal could not she could definitely aide him by levitating him herself. The trick was not to step on any of the maneaters vines so levitation was the best solution the Djinn knew. "Try to pick it if you'd like…find out" Lyra smirked. Now she wasn't asking him to go die to it, but she had once met a strange witch doctor who would do whatever it took and risk anything to get a bit of something that could be useful to one of her brews. Lyra liked that witch doctor and for a moment wondered what had become of such an ancient human lately. 

"Into each life, some rain must fall" - Lyra.

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
Name: Randal Hex - Edgest Ignis
Race: Human - Wraith
Class: Wraith Mage
Silver: 344
The Wraith looked at the plant and sent the Djinn a small glare "No I wasn't always a spirit, I had a family which I was taken from, I was a mage who taught myself necromancy and elemental powers when I was bound to death by an evil student I was one of the many murders that resulted in the art being banned in most cities these days" Edgest let a long sigh out before shaking his head "Im sorry its a rather touchy subject to which I havent gone to much detail with even Randal, but I must reach the after life to meet my family again" this caused the young mage beside him to frown.

Randal smirked "What do I look like a bird? Of course, I cant levitate" hearing her challenge he grinned ear from ear just before Edgest could say "Don't be an idiot" the young mage skipped across the empty foot holes with the angry wraith hovering beside him shouting out where his feet needed to go to avoid certain death, right at the end he tripped on the large vine rolling to face the large plants flower as it rose up to take a bite out of him the mage leaped at its vine grabbing on to the behind of it being tossed around aggresively with yelps and nervous noises he managed to cut a small sliver of the flower off into his pouch grinning through all the sharp movements "Now would be a good time, Lyra!"

"I ain't afraid of no ghost" - Ghostbusters

Picture - Manato "Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash"
Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
"Apologies, Edgest I hope you get to see them again someday." Lyra did not mean to upset the wraith, his past seemed like a rough one and his quest to be reunited with his family an even more difficult one. Lyra would remove herself from the subject, besides Randal was putting on quite the show. The Air Djinn remained floating there upon her small zephyr cloud as he leaped here and there only to suddenly fall face first? Or so from her point of view, that's what she saw. The Dreary Djinn was calm and collected and she waited a few long moments before both of her delicate hands lifted upward, her Djinn eye causing those cracks to emerge once more across her pale skin. 

Within a matter of seconds, Randal would feel himself being wrapped in a soft cool breeze and then lightly lifted until he was in her mind at a safe height. Her other hand twisted at the wrist and just as a precaution, the Air Djinn had invoked one of her many Air Elementals to act as a proper decoy so if the plant had let lose it would most certainly attack the elemental and not Randal. "You can guide yourself…just tell the breeze where to take you". All he had to do was channel his will, or Edgest will to move himself in whatever direction he so desired during his temporary levitation that Lyra had gifted him. 

If he could not manage that Lyra would again help him. Meanwhile, Lyra willed her own breeze to move her towards Randal and Edgest. Once all was safe she began to drift towards the edge of the woods - they'd find that they were closer to the end of the path than expected. 

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
He wobbled in the air before slowly moving forward with a grin "This is amazing, I should really learn how some spells for flying" the young mage's eyes quickly darted up before his grin grew larger starting to rise into the air slowly building up speed before piercing the trees and opening his arms feeling the breeze on his face and looking down at the trees covered in different sort of flowers, fruits or animals. However this is when he took noticing of the large billowing smoke plume in an opening just north-east of them slightly of the way of the city but in fear it was bandits quickly descended near the Djinn with a wobble "There's a fire to the right, we should check it out just in case any villagers are in trouble" the Wraith rolled his eyes in annoyance "Why must you choose to help everyone?" Randal responded curtly "Ill go without either of you if not but I'm going none the less".

he flew off not knowing how far away from Lyra he could go before the cloud disappeared but yet he still picked up speed the smell of smoke filling his nose as he dismounted the cloud with a roll seeing the overturned carriage and bodies laid out across stumps and broke crates, walking across the burnt grass with a crunch under his foot he saw the group of men turn round drawing an array of weapons and shouting slurs at him before Randal saw the bright glowing ball of heat shoot from the trees nearly being singed before erecting a stone wall between him and the pyromancer. The young mage turned from the wall to fire some Ice enhanced spectral arrow before narrowly ducking before fire washed round the side coating the wall with black soot, all he could do was fire at the warriors before they could decide to advance on his location before once again muttering "Any time now Edgest…"

Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Lyra was pleased that Randal had taken to her levitation charm. It would last as long as he would allow it, that was the thing about Djinn magic. It had no limit. 

Lyras eyes danced across the field of trees; before returning to Edgest. Helping others was not always a bad thing. The dreary Djinn shrugged her shoulders. 

Come let' keep a watchful eye on him….Edgest. Lyra changes her course so she would arrive a short time after Randal had broken wood with the path which had the over turned wagon. She arrived just as a wall of ice was It? Shot itself up. Lyra would not immediately interfere this was not her fight. 

Are you okay? Lyras echoy voice would travel towards Randal. 

Randal_Wraith

Character Info
"Peachy… I never really liked that term, why is a peach a good thing? I mean the hairs alone give me shudders" he continued his nervous ramblings before an icy sigh was heard from the wraith beside them before he sharply spoke "Hex your nervous, let's get this over with" the wraith cold grip touched the boys back causing the two images to overlap leaving Randal to glow a ghostly blue and frost to sparkle on his skin as the young mage prepare his spells while drawings symbols in the air just before the ice wall crumbled Randal looked back at the Djinn with a smile of confidence seemingly all nerves gone since the two beings bonded as he threw his spear or causing a spectral arrow to pierce a bandits arm causing sharp icicles to grow around the place hit.

It took a few minutes but the last bandit fell with a handprint of frost burn covering his cheek and eyes glossed over in a state of pain as he glanced back with blue eyes and blue veins seeming to spread from his eyes on his face "Lyra, would you do me a favour and look for survivors, by sensing the air they are breathing out?" if she truly was able to use the wind it should be an easy task to sense any innocents in the area in the meanwhile he glanced down at the bandit pinned to the tree by his frozen arm "I want you to tell me why you attacked and pillaged this caravan?" when the man scoffed the mage slammed his hand against his face as Edgest appeared to yell "Tell me now!" as the man screamed "They had food supplies that were going to a village but now its been taking to the main camp just south of here".

Lyra the Dreary

Character Info
Lyra never understood that term either. But she realized that it meant that they were good as a peach she supposed. Dual colored eyes shifted to glance around at the wrecking as Randal and Edgest became one. That was interesting to see - they almost looked like a full-blooded Air Djinn. Naturally, Lyra could detect the breathing of those around her if she allowed herself too. At Randal's request, she closed her dual colored eyes for just a moment long enough to connect with the currents of the air around them. She sensed roughly four shallow breathes.

While Randal and Edges harassed the attacks the Djinn slowly levitated out above the smoldering wrecking. That rain cloud which had appeared earlier during Randal and Lyras first encounter had begun to form above the Djinn again, yet this time it was not electrically charged. It wept water across the wrecking and road as she floated across in search of the four injured innocents. She has tasked herself with locating them and mending what she could. 

Meanwhile, Lyra kept an ear on Edgest and Randal just in case they may need her aide or an attacker got full of themselves and tried something dangerous towards her temporary travel companions. Lyra came upon the first injured, a small child, roughly around the age of 5. They were pinned beneath some debris from the wrecking - Lyra wasted no time in lifting the debris with a gust of gentle wind. When the child was exposed Lyra would bend the air around them, encasing them in a type of bubble and lifting them so they floating about waist high before Lyra. 

Her hands extended and her palms faced downwards over the floating child. A gentle hum parted past the Djinns lips and a gentle purplish glow would radiate from them. This was her only mending ability. It used the air and its moisture to mend and cure - however, it was not as strong as someone gifted in healing arts. But usually, it would stabilize someone.