Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Begin A Journey With a Tune (Open)
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis really wasn't sure. She had little to offer by way off payment and the other girl seemed to have a much wider skill set than herself so any work she offered would almost definitly be inadequate, especially in her current state. Technically, she did have a cloak and a book on Druid Spells which she was learning from at the moment but she needed both of these and hoped feverently that she wouldn't have to part with them.
"I've only got a few coins and herbs." She replied, opening her bag to peer inside, "Will it be enough?"
She then looked to Hakon, wondering what she made of all this. Did she have anything to offer? Did she even want the help? Hakon seemed almost too proud to pay for an escape when she was a soldier who's job was to fight. She wondered just how much Hakon enjoyed combat.
"And what do we use to dig with?" She added, "I don't know if I've got the strength to dig a hole big enough for two grown men. I feel like I barely have the strength to stand at the moment."
She closed up her bag again and looked up at the other girl.
"I'm Synthesis, by the way. What's your name?"

AevumEternity

Character Info
Name: Hakon Kilandre
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mounted Paladin
Silver: 57
Hakon simply stared at the sprite-like child as the two girls conversed, still gripping her shoulder painfully. She could heal but with the newly formed nerves, she would remain in pain for approximately the same amount of time it would take the wound to completely heal. Hakon couldn't help but feel highly unnerved by all this, that flash of light and the ease at which this little girl spoke of death… Perhaps it reminded her vaguely of herself, but for the fact that this little woodland nymph, persay, seemed to find amusement in it all.

Tilting her head upward, she allowed her gaze to wander to the fallen men, watching the blood begin to coagulate upon the ground. She couldn't remember ever learning how to fight. But she had fought a thousand battles before, far better equipped and in far worse circumstances. But when? Where? Why couldn't she remember- UGH-!

Hakon briefly grasped her forehead, wincing in pain. Another memory- she felt the beast's talons crushing her ribs, tearing through her flesh as it pushed her into the earth- sharp pain lancing through her entire form though her mind remained calm. Through the slits of her helm, she could see the beast was made of smoke and bone, an unholy apparition that screamed she would end here. Alas, a blast of holy light tore the beast off her- her sword flashing with unidentifiable blessings as she managed to push her broken body upward and strike it into the monster's form. A blast of corrupted energy knocking her back, her head bashing against stone.
The paladin blinked rapidly, grimacing rather aggressively and ducking her head quickly to hide her face. Her temple throbbed, it was the same as with Aven Alveron. The memories, each battle brought back more…

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Silver: 0
Myouga squinted her eyes as she contemplated the girl's offering. "Hmm… I don't need any herbs or money. I was kinda hoping one of you'd treat me to something delicious at the nearest eating establishment, buuuut I guess that's what I get for asking. You know what, I'll make the first teleport free of charge! Though for the second trip you'd better give me food." She wasn't even sure if they fully understood what she meant when she said she could take them anywhere. If they really wanted to, she could send them all to the nearest tavern or as far as the next continent. Her mouth formed a small frown when the younger girl, who referred herself as 'Synthesis', said they didn't have any shovels.

"…Oh. I thought you two had a shovel or something, because I don't. Hmm, well this is awkward. I guess there goes that idea then. You know what, I'm sure if we pile them up and cover them with leaves it'll be more or less the same thing. I mean they can't blame you for not having the tools on hand in case you killed some bandits in self-defense." It was better than nothing, anyway. Now if they really wanted to disrespect the dead, they could loot the bodies and strip them bare without leaving them a shred of decency. But Myouga was a scholar not a plunderer, so she had no interest in desecrating corpses.

With that train of thought settled, the arcanist put her hands on her hips and beamed proudly. "I am Myouga Ryou, the esteemed arcanist and graduate of the illustrious Mage College of Iria! But you may call me Myouga." Standing on the tips of her toes, she looked at the warrior woman in the back. "Hey, you alright over there? You'd better not be fainting from blood loss or anything!"

Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
At the news that safe travel was suddenly free, Synthesis nodded with zeal. When they got back to civilisation, she would gladly beg and scrounge on the streets night and day to bring in the money for a feast for all three of them! Just the thought of being safe in a tavern or a restaurant was both bewitching and alluring.
"Perhaps," she chipped in, keen to get going, "We can cremate the bodies. If we pile them close together and cover them up with leaves like you say, I've got a tinderbox. We'd just need to monitor it carefully so we don't start a forest fire."
She had forgotten temporarily about how peaceful she found the forest, how much warning she could get of danger from the trees and how she had been able to get by just fine for two days using just her new, weak knowledge of Druidism and the guide of an aged book on edible plants and magical theory. She was more self-sufficient than she realised; the only issue was that she lacked the confidence and had no nerve in the face of conflict. She would undoubtedly be like a lamb to the slaughter if anyone hostile got hold of her. But if she could have thought without fear, she might find herself able to evade capture very well.
It was for the best that they left now, however, as Synthesis would be battling nightmares for a few nights coming and wanted to be as far away from this spot as possible while she came to terms with everything she had just witnessed. Never in her life had she ever been so aware of her own mortality as she had in the last thirty minutes. She would come through this stronger… but for a small time, the damage to her psyche was done. It would be quite some time before she learned not to depend upon the strength of others for a feeling of safety.
She then looked back to Hakon. She woman looked like she was somewhere completely different, her eyes glazed in deep and troubled thought.
"Hakon?" She asked, beyond the stage of panicking any more, but still greatly concerned. A part of her wished that the other would just admit to being ill and allow herself to be helped. She wasn't fooling anyone anymore, although she'd got away with it beautifully at first, and whatever she asked for, Synthesis would only be too happy to give. She probably owed Hakon her life. For that she would be eternally grateful.
"Harkon! Myouga has asked you a question. And I'd like to know if you're okay too." She ventured to poke the woman on the sholder that wasn't just wounded.