Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > First Clue [P]
Raziel

Character Info
Name: Raziel
Alignment: TG
Race: Angel Nymph hybrid
Class:
Silver: 558
”Read it back to me again.” The Maurell’s Sphere floated around her head; a small blue almost transparent, gem about the size of a fist with darker scrolling designs across the surface. Unknown to the lavender haired woman, it glowed as a voice resonated from it.

”To whom it concerns, I heard that somebody was looking for an angel with this description. I know it's not much, but I might have met someone who fits the picture a while back in the plains of Bohar. She had large wings almost down to the ground, the biggest ones I've ever seen. Strong but armed, she was walking alone when we both had to take shelter from a storm. I can't say where she went after that night hiding out from the rain, hopefully she's still on the continent somewhere. Best of luck to you.”

Wings! A strong woman with wings! Excitement seemed to dwarf her nervousness. Who was this Rammie? What kind of wings were they? Was she an angel like Raziel? This was her first true clue, and this angel was not going to let it slip through her fingers. Her task was daunting, looking for a needle in a haystack, hindered by blindness. Yet, this did not deter Raziel, for she had spent nearly a whole century with the lack of vision. ”Are we there?” However, the sphere was quiet.

This was the direction she was directed. Everything sounded open. From the whispering grass dancing in the wind, to small animals scurrying on the ground almost too far to even hear. At least the path underneath her was a well cut path, having been walked countless times before. Zander, a large timber wolf, pressed against her reassuringly. Staff in hand, a small pack holding a few belongings over her shoulders, the angel continued her path.

As proverbial silence descended upon her, for she knew better than to completely ignore the ambient sounds of the world, Raziel began to think. If her sphere could read her letters, she needed to find a way to send them as well. It would be nice to keep her young friend Fen informed of her travels. Without even paying attention, the angel’s senses began to lead her toward a scent. She blinked with surprise, realizing she had traveled for quite awhile, and was approaching a small town with the delicious aromas of fresh baked bread, sizzling meats, and something berry sweet. Maybe… she should stop for food, and inquire about Rammie, a woman with large wings, and Gabe?

Jayden The Fluffy

Character Info
Name: Jayden Amor
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bard
Silver: 223
Jayden Amor was in the small village. He had only arrived that morning so he was fairly new to the place. The village itself was not very big. At all. There was one bakery, which was small and quaint. At the base of the bakery was stone, then the rest of the building consisted of wood and daub. Smells of cinnamon and butterscotch wandered from the bakery as they place out some of their new pies for sale. There was also a blacksmith's workshop where you could hear the sound of a hammer slamming down onto metal. Across the blacksmith's workshop was a Tavern and Inn. Most likely where people could get drunk at the tavern and head next door to the inn. A very practical place to put the two buildings. If one listened carefully then a person could hear the clanks of tankards and the sounds of laughter. Further down was a small market with only seven stalls. Yet  regardless it had several people there. From fathers with their children to the average woman looking for a weapon. There was a stall for weapons, one for fresh vegetables and fruit, another for jewels and trinkets, one for clothes, one for spells, and the final one was just for everyday common items. Trees dotted throughout the village along with small bushes of plants. Despite all other noise, the sound of birds chirping in the distance could be clearly heard.

The village was called Penrith. Of course the village had a few guards dotted around who were on their patrols. And there was a wall for a bit of protection and even had a manor a little bit aways from the village. Yet the village maintained it's small attitude. It was small but very comfortable. Jayden was bored out of his mind. He had to pay the blacksmith to fix one of his daggers which had broken while Jayden was traveling. Though Jayden knew that it was to be done at noon, the time wasn't passing fast enough for him. And although the village itself was fascinating to watch, it was just too difficult to sit still and do absolutely nothing. Well he wasn't exactly been doing nothing. Jayden had been standing around watching a chicken wander about the village. That was incredibly dull. He would go to the tavern himself but he didn't feel in the mood. He also didn't plan on staying long enough to need to get an inn room for the night. Once he got his dagger then he would head out to the next village. There was so much land to cover in order to get somewhere. Or at least somewhere important.

Penrith was a lovely village but it was in the Plains of Bohar, which that in itself was a place where one went to if one wanted to be forgotten. Which was the exact opposite of what Jayden wanted. After looking around a bit he realized there was one thing missing from the village. Music. There wasn't a single musician playing even the slightest of tunes. This would be a wrong that would have to be corrected. He thought about playing his lute but rejected that idea. Jayden had been playing the lute too much as it was. He needed to play a different instrument. It only took him a few moments before he decided on which instrument to play. Of course! It was really simple. He would play the flute. Jayden quickly brought out his flute and put it to his lips. He then began to play the flute. As a result many people looked up to see the stranger who was creating the beautiful music. And the music of the flute came quick, rather brilliant like a call-note, or like a long quick message, half command. Soon a small crowd had formed around Jayden. A very small crowd which consisted of only two children and three adults. Yet the size of a crowd really didn't matter. The important part was making beautiful music that the crowd would enjoy. Jayden's song told of good cheer, merriment, and joy without needing any words. It expressed all these things simply in the tone. 

"Yes I'm bold. But I'm also cute. Come on, it's true."
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
At the edge of town, the angel lifted her staff. She struck it harshly against the ground, creating a thump of wood on earth. For everyone else, there was nothing spectacular about this odd action. However, for the angel, it meant a world of difference. In her dark world, as a ripple in a pond, a flash of light illuminated over the outline of any nearby object, person, or building from the vibrations she created. A mental map of a small radius etched in her mind, combined with her ability to distinguish scents from one another, Raziel made her way to the baker, repeating the odd strike periodically.

A smile, some words exchanged, sweet bread traded for coins. The baker pressed the change back to the angel, who weighed it in her hand experimentally. ”Excuse me, I’m terribly sorry, but you gave me far too much.” After passing two coins back to the baker’s hands with expressed gratitude, the small woman turned and found a place to consume the warm treat. Zander ate his shared potion as he always has, with excited gusto as a happy pup. Children ran past, giggling happily, causing the angel to wonder what kind of game they played. Someone chopped at wood, women chatted as they did chores. Everyone had a purpose, working together as a well oiled skyship.

”Maurelle?”
”Mistress is acknowledged.”

Before another word could be spoke, a wind instrument filled the air with contagious joy. The wolf instantly sat up, perked his ears, and began to add his own contribution of a howl. ”Zander! Shh! We don’t know what creatures you could call upon these nice folk,” she chastised. Once scolded, Zander quieted once more. Yet, she was curious. While following the wound, the angel could sense many people in the immediate area, stopping a safe distance away as to not run into anyone. A child noticed her, took her hand, and dragged Raziel closer to the flutist to listen with the rest. Song ended, and applause erupted. When even that dissipated, Raziel approached cautiously. ”That was beautiful. I’ve never heard such sound away from home before… Sorry about my companion…” Her voice was soft, hesitant, her cheeks pink from a light blush. Raziel was still very much a shy woman.

Jayden The Fluffy

Character Info
Jayden was suddenly approached by a beautiful woman with silky lavender hair and fair skin. Her voice was soft, gentle, and reminded him of the fairy tales once told to him when he was young. The ones about wise queens who had awesome magical power but were gentle and kind. He then noticed that she had a wolf. This must have been the animal that had howled earlier when he was playing his flute. Jayden hadn’t ever seen a wolf that was a friend of a… well the stranger certainly wasn’t human. There was just something about her that made her seem to be not human. Not that there was anything wrong with that. In fact it was fascinating to him. Jayden put his flute in his pocket and gave Raziel a charming smile. Then he gently took her hand.

“It is a pleasure to meet you.” He said giving her hand a kiss before letting go of her hand, “I assume that you are some sort of goddess, since your beauty is otherworldly.”

Of course the first thing he would do when meeting somebody is flirt. However despite complementing her, he didn’t have any plans in a future relationship. After all he had just met the lady. It would be strange if he tried to acquire a relationship with her even though he knew nothing about her. Essentially Jayden was just having fun.

“Thank you.” He said with a smile, “I’m glad that my music was so pleasant to hear. And don’t worry about the howling. I thought it was a unique addition.”

Jayden noticed that Raziel had wings on her back. So she was an angel. That was new. He had never met angels before in his life. Although he didn’t understand why she would be traveling to such a small village if she was an angel. Didn’t angels stay in the most elegant of places, only coming to one of the villages in desperate times? He looked to the village and he couldn’t see why an angel would visit here. Angels were said to only go to kings, queens, and temples. They were supposed to be above the commoners. Including himself. The village despite having nice buildings and kind people, still consisted of simple villagers. Their clothes were basic and their attitudes were uncouth. Most of the villagers here would live and die without changing the world significantly. Jayden himself was not excluded. There was a high chance that he would live and die without changing the world. Unlike many of the heroes of myth, he didn’t have a deity for a parent or prophecy attached to him. The probability of him ever becoming a hero was slim. Jayden wouldn’t give up on his dream but that didn’t mean he was unaware of the challenges. However he was still confused on why there was an angel who was visiting such a small village. Perhaps she was looking for someone? It was the only thing he could think of. Especially since there wasn’t a monster attacking the village either. He decided to ask her about it.

“We don't really see angels around here often. Is there something that you need here?” He asked politely. Jayden hoped that he didn’t come off as creepy or strange. 

Raziel

Character Info
Class:
While the smile went unnoticed, it was that touch that reached into her dark world. So warm, and soft, the barest hints of a pulse, sending shockwaves through her nerves. Her reaction was automatic, involuntary and sudden as long, slender fingers cupped around her hand. The angel’s entire body stiffened as she gave a small, startled jump. Soft lips brushed across her knuckles and she forced the built tension to dissipate. The musician was only giving her a gentleman’s greeting. Unfortunately, this did not stop her from withdrawing her hand almost too hastily.

A deep crimson flushed her cheeks at his compliment. Words tripped over themselves as she still reeled over what he had said. ”While your assumption is wrong, you sir, are a big flatterer.” Was she really that beautiful? Najima mentioned something a couple of times, but he was always friendly, so Raziel just assumed he was just being nice. And her mother didn’t count; parents are always biased.

There was also the obvious fact of her dominate race that he so casually mentioned. Her entire demeanor deflated when the words finally clicked. ”Actually, I am searching for someone. A letter came to me claiming that an angel who has a similar name to Rammie was in the plains. All it said was she had great, big wings.” IT was her only clue, her first clue, yet her mind kept churning. Something was nagging her, out of reach, demanding attention but hiding when she grasped for it.

”And my father, Gabe. He fights evil. Have you seen or heard of them?” Raziel was so desperately clinging to hope. Her mother’s life hung in the balance. Elithia’s last request was to see them one last time.

Jayden The Fluffy

Character Info
Jayden noticed her reaction to his touch and resolved to not do that again. He had no intention of making her feel uncomfortable and he was utterly oblivious of her blindness. When it came to the lovely lady's beauty none of it could possibly be a lie. She was beautiful as were many people. Which was something that he had noticed on his travels. There were many men and women who had barely a flaw in their appearance. Including himself. He may have seemed arrogant but it was true. The children who had been dancing around while he had played his flute were beautiful. Then again Jayden accepted almost everyone as pretty. Jayden then listened to the angel as she started to explain why she was there. After she was done explaining everything made so much more sense. She was here because she was looking for another angel. 

"I am afraid I haven't seen them. But I've also only just arrived yesterday night." Jayden explained, "But if they were here I bet that they would have stopped by the inn to get some rest or to stay for the night. We could ask the innkeeper if she's seen any sign of them. If you don't mind, I'd like to help you. It would be a good chance for me to travel a bit and help someone else." 

Jayden didn't mention this but he would also prefer traveling with a friend. He wouldn't ever admit it but it was extremely lonely when you were traveling on the road on your own. In fact he was dreading a bit starting up his travels again because he didn't like the idea of being alone again for a couple of days. He also felt it would be safer for himself and for her if there was more than one person traveling. Not that she couldn't take care of herself of course! She was an angel and she did have a tiger. However it would probably be a wiser decision. Jayden glanced at the wooden one story Inn. The Inn itself was a bit worn but had a homely feel about it. If he remembered correctly the innkeeper was supposed to be working all day.