Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Conveyance of Misfortune
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis certainly recognised the weapon and could even identify its name. However, she was mostly at a loss for how to operate it. Despite this, she took it from the woman anyway. She pointed it as best she could in the direction of the angry beasts and pulled the triggar, a little surprised by how quicly the arrow zipped down into the creature's neck, even though she had seen it in action just before. It killed the animal quickly but not instantly so Synthesis was mostly satisfied if she could keep that up. However, she had absolutely no idea how to go about getting it ready to fire again. So she turned to Princess sheepishly.

"S-sorry, but I-I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to teach me how to reload this?" She asked meekly.

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
Name: Blue Lilith
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Monster-Hunter Princess
Silver: 912
Blue watched the winged girl as she tried to operate the crossbow. For a second she thought that giving her this quite deadly weapon wasn't the best idea… However the bolt slipped down into the beast's throat and not hers, so everything was just fine for now.
Gently smiling, she took the sturdy wooden frame, making sure that Synthesis will have a good look at Princess's hands. She placed her fingers on the chord, looking up at the other girl's face.
- Quite simple to understand. You see, it's a mechanical thing - simple as it can be, but still mechanical. You pull the string down, like that… - She pulled her hand down with quite a strength, making the chord stretch toward the other end of weapon, eventually ending up hooked on the spring clip, ready to be used. - Now, normal crossbows are, of course, longer, and a good one should also have stirrup, however this is hand crossbow. Lighter and more… compact than the rest, also easier to reload. - Her second hand went down to her belt, taking out another bolt from her quiver, now securing it on where it should belong. She passed the now reloaded crossbow to her companion.
- Ready to aim and fire once again. Simple, isn't it?
Illusory Angel

Character Info
"That does look quite simple, actually. Thanks a bunch." Synthesis took the weapon back thankfully and turned to aim. She peered down the shaft of the arrow as she lined it up with the nearest creature still alive. It snarled and jumped at the trunk of the tree bellow her but otherwise stayed put, completely unaware of its imminent demise. It was a shame that it seemed so intent on eating the two humanoids but Synthesis was comforted by the thought that she was only doing to it what it would do to her. Also, it was clear that this particular kind of creature was not in short supply.

So she clicked the trigger again and watched as it shot the arrow directly into the skull of the beast. It fell instantly and was still. Synthesis was again shocked. It had crashed its way though bone as though it were paper. She had no idea that the crossbow was so deadly. But she recovered quicker this time and began trying to pull the string towards the clip. It took a while and she had to use all the stength in both her arms to finish the job but soon she was ready to insert an arrow. She reached to take one and slide it into place. She was now ready to shoot again.

Then she had a thought. "But what will you do?" she asked the other female, Can you fight with a sword without me to pull you up or shall I stop every now and again to help with that?"

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
Name: Blue Lilith
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Monster-Hunter Princess
Silver: 912
Good shot, miss. Perhaps you should get a crossbow for yourself. I believe it would come in more handy than fire in some situations… And what's more, it's stylish to wear on your belt. - Princess smirked gently, as another beast laid down on the ground, not making a single move after that. Princess then let herself take more comfortable place on the branch, while also making sure that nothing will get her up there. Only few of wolf-like creatures were left, and they didn't seem so confident about attacking the girls up above them - considering how many of their siblings have just fallen under mighty strikes of such a small piece of wood…
- Don't worry about it. I have plenty of bolts left… Well, just a few, but they are enough. Chances are that the leftovers will just run away, and if not, there will be so little of them that I will be able to fight them off in hand-to-claw combat. For now, however… - She let herself lay back on the trunk, hands crossed on her lap, holding the sword in ready.
- … I will relax a little, if you don't mind. A bit of shooting practice will be only good for you, wouldn't it be?
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis raised her eyebrows in surprise. Someone sure was relaxed. But the trust Princess rested with her was inspiring. And the young girl was more than happy to shoot down a couple more beasts in order to prove the other woman right. She roloaded the weapon carefully and took her time aiming. As much as she acted otherwise, she was aware that life and death and pain were hanging in the balance here. She felt guilt at taking any lives. But the way they snarled persistently did serve to quell such feelings. They truely were bloodthirsy.

"I think I might get one of these then. They seem very useful." Synthesis internally thought to herself that Princess did look rather good and the weapons were a significant contributing factor to her style. She looked distinctly like a fighter, strong and yet still lightly feminine.

But another two shots, and the remaining beasts did indeed begin to scatter. She grinned at a job well done and sat herself down more comforably on the branch. It was a lovely day. The sun shone brightly but it wasn't too warm. The girl enjoyed the slight breeze that infiltrated the thicket of trees.

"So…" she continued, "What bring you to these parts of the Bohar Plains. I am carrying a parcel, myself."