Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Conveyance of Misfortune
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Name: Synthesis
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Angel, Half-Demon
Class: Druid (self taught)
Silver: 6827
Synthesis had made good time and she was pleased. In only a few days she had made her way from Adeluna right up into the heart of the Bohar Plains. Soon she would be entering the northern regions of the Plains, where her target caravan was reported to be. Within said caravan was a man who was waiting for an urgent delivery. Within her bag was a letter and a the small parcel he needed. Normally, Synthesis would be wondering around anyway, so it was an added bonus for the druid to be paid to go somewhere she might visit anyway and deliver something.

Unfortunately, her employer had neglected to inform Synthesis of the dangers of her current mission, because that would mean he would have to pay more or find someone else for the job, so she was blissfully unaware of the strange and deadly creatures that resided ahead. To make matters worse, she didn't know exactly where the caravan would be in the northern plains. Her current plan of action was to simlply walk until she found it, occasionally communing with the plants around to see if they could report anything promising.

As she forged on and tuned into the plants again, the grass began to murmer about something; creatures, from what she could pick up; and how they were tearing up the ground and their sibling grass shoots with their heavy claws while running. This did get the young girl's attention and she stopped in concern. What was more, the creatures were reported to be getting closer. She looked to see a sea of stampeeding things on the horizon, making their way towards her at startling speed. Fleeing was the first instinct of the druid had but she quickly discarded it as folly. She would be far too slow on her feet. Which left her wings. She was loath to get them out but she saw no other option.

But there was another thing nearby. Something humanoid and much less less imposing so that she could have easily have missed it amoung the outcry that the beasts caused. She looked to see who this other poor soul was and hoped to god that they could take care of themselves. She sure wasn't going to be able to carry them into the air as well as herself.

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
Name: Blue Lilith
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Monster-Hunter Princess
Silver: 912
And who was that soul, you would ask. Well, answer is quite simple - it was. Princess, who just had to find herself in a place like this wandering around the Forest. Of course she had a strong reason why she was there - she heard about strange and horrible creatures haunting the local area, and she wanted to out herself at test and Try to hunt down one or two. Also, it was always a good thing to get idea of what horrors are walking around the world. She was keen on expanding her knowledge about such creatures, and there was no better knowledge gatheral option than practicing and own experience.As a noble, she was quite familiar with hunting. After all, nobody had a problem with killing an animal or two, and then bringing it back to the local Villagers as a sort of a gift for them. But this… This wasn't a typical hunt - it was a monster hunting. They weren’t a good resource of food in most cases, but they were striking fear in hearts of nearly every person. And so, she was always keen on slashing some creatures, just to put the Threat a little bit down.However, Luck rarely wad on her side - it was one of times where Lady Luck was showing how much she loves to play with Lilith. Looking for a single member, she found a whole swarm coming straight on way to her. She wouldn’t be able to survive a charge of so many monsters - she had to flee. And the best option to flee was getting up higher - it often was a reason why Princess was still alive, getting out from most dsngerous situations.Taking out a knife from behind the belt, she started to climb up at the tallest nearby tree. Stabbing it with knife, and getting secured with free branches, she managed to climb up in quite good time on one of thicker branches, few meters above the Ground. Now, she would wait - first of all she wanted to know what was coming to her way. Second of all, she wasn't aware of girl flying right above her head - and maybe that's better for her, she could kept her mind clear and set for only one thing.Hunting.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis was greeted to the sight of a large thicket of trees to her right. She was pleased to relise there was somewhere she could hide out while this thundering of beasts went by. She still didn't trust herself to be able to get there in time, though, so instead used her wings to lug herself through the air to scout out a tree to land in. It was a good job she did too because in no time the snarling mass of teeth and claws were underneath her. Most of the heard carried on running, but a sizable portion of them must have picked up on the scent of her or the other person nearby because they skidded to an ungraceful stop on the edge of the treeline. They seemed split between growling and jumping fruitlessly at her and circling around a single tree, trying to climb it and occasionally throwing their weight against it so it shook precariously. The bark already lookded so torn up that sap was seeping out in places. She pitied that tree and looked closer to see what was so special about it that they should target it and leave the others alone.

Pretty soon it became apparent that the cause was a lightly armoured girl that looked only slightly older than the druid did, who sat around half way up the tree on one of its thicker branches. She looked to be concentrating on the beasts beneath them and also looked quite well equipt to deal with this sort of thing. Synthesis didn't want to interupt or startle her if she was doing okay. Besides, she didn't know what help she would be if she did so instead she resolved to sit in the next tree over while she watched. It it looked like the other female needed some help she could always draw some of them away or contribute a few small fireballs to the battle.

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
Princess, not wasting her time on that tree, managed to wrap herself to the branch with lenght of rope from her backpack. Security above all else after all.Now, when the monsters were up Close to her, trying to make her fall down on the ground, she had a while or two to examine them. Those beasts were somewhat similiar to wolves - they seemed to be a bit bigger however, and their claws were a sharp like Knives. She could tell that from straches on her tree - Deep and long, and probably unpleasant for any living form.Lilith counted Quickly black-haired monsters, squinting her eyes during the process. About twenty of them, all jumping, yapping, scratching or howling towards the blue-haired girl. She though about her options now - tree would probably survive, but those Wolf-like creatures were quite jumpy. It probably was a matter of Fact before one of them could snach her leg. And if course she really wouldn't like that.She lifted up her hand Crossbow, taking a Quick aim at one of her foes benaht her - and pulled the trigger. Steel belt passed through side of one creature, leaving it scowling in great pain. Quick reload of weapon, another shot - this time in head. Beast was dead, but rest of the group didn't seem to be affected much by that fact.- Two shots… I have twenty belts or so. Won't be enough to shot them all. Well then… And what if I… Not wasting more time, she pulled out her bastard sword, slashing it towards jumping monster. She managed to pass her blade by it's chest, but apparently her sword hard enough, Since it didn't get deep. Just a scratch for Wolf-like thing.- Well that's bad… Next time I will Try to stab it instead. Time passed, and the girl in tree managed to put the life of another two creatures to the end. With patience on her face, she slashed, stabbed and shot her foes, making.every of her moves. It will probably take a while - but she was somewhat secure up there. At least for now.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis watched with interest as the woman tied herself to the tree and began picking off the beasts one by one. She used a crossbow and a longsword, and seemed pretty good with them. She was confident that the woman seemed to be handling things just fine by herself and therefore could have easily left her to do all the work. But that wasn't entirely fair and Synthesis did have principals. Now that there was no chance the woman could fall out the tree with shock, she sparked a ball of flame in her palm and tossed it towards the nearst beast. It's fur caught and soon it was squealing in pain as it burned alive.

Synthesis felt terrible and immediately regretted her choice of attack. Why did I have to choose fire? She berated herself and flapped ungracefully over to the woman. She sat herself precariously on the branch, forsaking introductions as she grabbed the woman's sholder and pointed to the creature running chaotically around. She had to end its suffering.

"Quick! Shoot it! Now!" she demanded, "I'll deal with the ones bellow."

And she did, quickly setting about growing the grass and roots and whatever other plantlife was available. They latched on, wound and bound the legs of the creatures to prevent them from jumping up. They struggled in rage and confusion. It wouldn't be long before they ripped free. Also, the effort exhaused Synthesis. But it would give enough time for the other woman to put the poor yelling barbeque out of its misery.

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
Sudden strike of fireball was surprising and somewhat confusing. Ot, one of beasts started to burn just because, and it didn't look like enjoying that. She winced with expression of displeasure - perhaps she was a monster hunter, and she would use all sorts of weapons that she could if there was need, but right now she was doing just fine with sword and crossbow. This… This was unneeded cause of pain. She started to pull back the string of her crossbow, loading another steel bolt…
And then a vampire or whatever that specie was lady landed next to her.

- Wait, what the– A bit surprised, she looked back at the girl, already grabbing knife's handle with her free hand. However, seeing that the beasts get wrapped with all sorts of plant matter, pretty much immobilizing them and making an easy target, she let her hand go. She then stretched her hands towards the burning wolf-like creature, aiming carefully - She wanted to end it with single shot, since reloading would just take too much time.
T'chin!
Cracking sound of crossbow could be heard, and soon the ignited creature was laying dead on the ground, covered in vines and leaves. Princess calmly pushed crossbow's string back once again, now looking back at the girl, question drawing in her eyes.
- So who are you actually, winged lady? I believe that fire was your fault. Not the best option when we are on tree, surrounded by plants. - She smirked gently, taking another shot at the head of beast beneath. That would be fifth already.
Illusory Angel

Character Info
"My name is Synthesis. I apolygise for that. I was trying to help but chose the the wrong form of assult. As you may be able to tell, I'm not used to combat."

She hated herself for that mistake. It was unnacceptable, she knew, but fire was just so easy to conjure. She sat back and resolved to let the woman handle this. She clearly wasn't good enough at this to get involved yet. Instead, she shuffled along the branch to give the other room and decided to watch and learn from her. She needed to learn a different element soon, so that she could use it in situations such as these. Fire was okay for cooking, lighting the way and life-or-death combat, but nothing else. Perhaps she would learn earth next. She had been meaning to for a while, but this was finally the incident that would motivate her to get it done.

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
- Synthesis? Pretty name, my Dear. It's pleasure to meet you then - You can call me Princess. - She smirked gently, putting her crossbow back to her belt, and grabbing the longsword by handle. Since some of creatures were still trying to free themselves from flora bonds, Princess decided to stab another few of them. She handed a bit of rope to the winged girl, smiling gently.
- Hold this, tightly. I will ask you to pull me up Later, since I don't think that I will be able to kill them all before they will free. - and then, she let herself fall on the side, eventually tightly wrapping her legs around the branch, now with head upside down. Sword tightly held in right hand, left one holding on rope, supporting her position.
Now, her job was quick - Stretching her hand towards dark Wolves, she stabbed one after another with quick moves. Another four were already dead - And then the fifth one set itself free. Quickly pulling herself up, she managed to escape it's bite, making a little slash on it's back in advance. 
- Alright, pull me up!
Illusory Angel

Character Info
Synthesis was about to reply when the woman, Princess, pushed herself to dangle unside down from the tree branch and began swinging her sword with obvious skill and precision. She gaped at the amount of blood splattering the sword, surroundings and armour of the woman and couldn't seem to look away no matter horrid it was. However, it was quick and merciful, ten times supirior to her own methods.

When the order came, Synthesis stood up on the branch and leaned back, heaving with all the strength in her arms, legs and wings to pull Princess up. She was quite surprised when it worked and the other woman appeared on the branch, causing her to fall. She was so physically weak she had feared that the woman might perish because of it. She caught herself with her wings just in time and flapped back up to sit next to the other.

"That was amazing!" she applauded the other with wide eyes before turning melancholy, "I wish I was as skilled as that! What can I do to help? I'm weak, unskilled and can only perform fire and plant attacks, the latter of which are exhausting."

Princess Conqueror

Character Info
Actually, Princess was trying to make as least mess as she could. Blood stains weren't really pretty, and she didn't want to walk around with them on her blue clothes. Ya know, blood is hard to wash up. Now, sitting once again at the branch with stable posture, she started to wipe out her sword with piece of material, especially designed for cleaning up the blood and eventual rests of her enemies. She looked up at the girl, as she flapped once again at the branch.

- Thank you, however I really dislike fighting in such… circumstances. Height difference is a good thing when you have a halberd, with I personally quite dislike. Powerful weapon in right hands, it would only waste in mine. -
She reached with her left hand to the crossbow, now handling it to the winged girl with gentle smile.
- Here, try using this. I don't know much about magic, but I can tell you that I dislike it. Always against me, ya know? I prefer to trust my steel when it comes to fighting, as well as hunting. I believe you know that's a crossbow - and perhaps you also know how to use it. It's a one-hand version, less powerful but also a lot more… Agile.