Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Ataiyo, Land of the Blue Sun > Kujishoku, the Spirit Realm > Seeking Inspiration [P][EVENT]
Grakana

Character Info
Name: Grakana
Alignment: TN
Race: Goblin: Shakalaka Tribe
Class: Alchemic Shaman
Silver: 47
It was amazing how things went so bad-bad overnight. Sure, maybe things had felt off, but it was never bad enough to ruin anyone's day… until it did and BOY DID IT EVER! It was like  a giant cow's dung striking a windmill so hard the blades fell off and rolled down the mountain and spread it everywhere! So bad-bad and nasty that it stunk and everyone suffered! And yet… AND YET… There was opportunity! From all the chaos, there was chance for new idea of mask to spring by! YES! Maybe… JUST MAYBE there was a chance that all this bad-bad was more sign from Gods to forge new mask spirit!

This has brought forth Grakana to the edge of Kujishoku where many powerful Talls came by to deal with the threats that flooded out and before him a solid piece of wood and tools in hand. All he needed now was a spark. Inspiration. MUSE! Maybe one of the beasties that flooded the landscape could give it to him… before a tooth to the stomach… Grakana wearing wrong mask for that. Still, even if he did get some inspiration, Grakana must be careful. Wood he got was delicate. Easy to work with, but plenty-easy to chatter if a Tall simply stood on it, too. Too much force, and new mask be done for! But for now, wood carving tools in hand, he waited… watching…
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Name: Kimari Redmane
Alignment: None
Race: Centaur
Class:
Silver: 773
Kimari Redmane trotted along, her bow in hand. This place was not really familiar to her, so she wanted to be prepared. Yet didn't want to appear overly threatening. There was a tension that the Centaur could feel and it made her a little nervous, thus the bow in hand. She told herself that she could handle herself; however, with her lack of knowledge of this place she was the one with the short stick. She had less chance against someone who knew the landscape, as they would know places to hide and could easily set up traps or ambushes that travelers would have no way of knowing could be set up for unsuspecting travellers.

The red and white paint Centaur pulled her cloak a little tighter around her as she moved forward. Taking a small bit of her rations and some water, Kimari stopped and helped to curb the slight gnawing sensation in her belly. "I need more food and fresh water…" She mumbled as she began moving again; her eyes slowly scanning the terrain for any sign of movement. She had no way to know what was out there, therefore she had to be observant of her surroundings.

No matter how observant she was, Kimari didn't really pay as much attention to the surroundings that fell too far beneath her line of sight. Which meant the areas right close to the ground, below her knees wasn't something that she had much focus on. With that being said, the Centaur woman failed to pay mind to the fact she was walking right for where a very small being was. Her large, fur covered hooves just thumped on the ground as she moved onward, utterly unaware she might accidentally trample someone if she didn't look down soon.
Grakana

Character Info
Grakana's attention was drawn away from where it should be as well, so focused watching some of the Talls preparing for their dive deeper into the woodlands that he did not hear the stomping of hooves that inched closer with each step until it was too late. Until shade took over, right front coming into view and stomping down on the wood before him, the sound of it shattering in the air. Grakana's mask darted down, staring down at the remnants that rested upon the floor… That wood… how much silver did he waste spend on it? Of, what spirit could he have been able to form?

"… WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Grakana  shrilled out, not afraid to let his vocal cords roar full blast, though the possibility of doing so underneath a horse was PROBABLY NOT THE BEST IDEA! Still, the anger said otherwise. "Watch where you step, Large Four-Legs! You just ruined Grakana's template!"

WAIT! Maybe… JUST MAYBE… it can be salvaged? Scurrying around the centaur's foot, the goblin started to collect the large chunks he could find before trying to form them back together, though was sure to hurry back to grab any kind of smaller splinters he could get from her.
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
Kimari felt something cracking beneath one of her front hooves, although didn't think too much of it; yet glanced around to make sure no one heard. Although, no sooner she did that she heard something practically howling beneath her. "What in the….?!" She gasped and reared some, backing up; she did her best to avoid stomping on the source of the cry, as she knew it was right near her legs. She whipped her head around and then glanced at a tiny little figure. It seemed that the little goblin was furious with her; yet she couldn't help but find it somewhat comical as it yelled at her.

A giggle escaped her and she covered her mouth. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. Nor did I mean to stomp on your wood." The Centaur wasn't sure what she could do to help the goblin. Yes, she could assist in gathering the pieces of wood. However, she did not really know if the little thing may take his mask off and bite her. Being bitten wasn't favorable, so she decided to stay wise and asked if she was needed to assist in gathering the wood. "May I help in some way? I do feel bad that I smashed your wood like I did." Her tail flicked some as she backed up a bit.
Grakana

Character Info
Grakana's panic and worry overwrote anything the centaur tried to tell him, as if he was in his own realm as he tried to jigsaw the pieces together before a defeated sigh escaped him. His head hung downwards in defeat (though the painted face could never reflect this) as he said, "It no use. Even if wood was fixed and mask made, the spirit would be shattered. Shattered spirit too dangerous to bond with. Very unstable. It said, but Grakana must accept fate of this mask." Picking up his crafting hammer, Grakana held it into the sky before it popped with a puff of thick smoke, though quick enough to fade away to that of a mallet or mace whose head seemed to have been designed a certain kind of bird, especially with the detail to the beak, before battering and scattering the wood to different parts of the land. "There. May its shards rest well

"NOW THEN!" Hopping around, Grakana was quick to point the mallet over to the centaur, "Tall-Horse!" A quick nickname to attach to the woman. "You broke template for new spirit! You shall provide new wood or stone to act as replacement Good quality, too! Grakana will not waste his time with weak material!" And yet he was working with something that easy broke under a bit of pressure…
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
It was quickly apparent to Kimari that the little goblin hadn't heard her, or had chosen to ignore her. This rubbed her the wrong way, but she was not going to stomp on him. No matter how rude or obnoxious he was to her.

"Please don't yell at me… I didn't mean to step on your wood. I didn't even know you were here until it was too late. Something I really do apologize for." Kimari said apologetically as she looked down to the goblin. "Hmm? I can probably help find some wood or stone for you to use." She said in reply to the small being. "What exactly are you looking for?" Offering help to the little goblin was the right thing to do, no matter how odd he seemed to be. As the Centaur woman waited for a reply she mused of what types of stones might work and where to get decent wood for a mask. Her mind also wandered to other things that might be of use. Now, the idea of a spirit being in a newly made mask did not make much sense to her, so she pushed that thought aside. Kimari just wanted to help get some material, which she could carry a lot more of than the goblin, and be on her way. Being in one spot made her feel nervous, as she knew not what might come across her and the little goblin.
Grakana

Character Info
"Grakana look for wood or stone to make into mask! Did Tall-Horse not HEAR Grakana?!" A heavy sigh left Grakana as his head drooped over. "Grakana must use new moment to forge mask to celebrate event. One fueled by the happenings of world to help better understand it! It only natural for those who follow Way of Mask to do this! All Shakalaka taught this when little!"

A grumble escaped him as he thought about what it meant to get new supplies. Having to go all the way back to town, trying to get the SIlvers everyone clamored for, lugging what he got all the way back here… Good bet something AMAZING would have happened, giving him the BIGGEST SPARK OF INSPIRATION and making the MOST AMAZING MASK fueled with the spirit of these demons! But NOPE! Now he has to probably procure something from here! He dared not cut down a tree, as it would still be good and sturdy until then (and he lacked the tools) which probably meant finding a good stone… which would mean having to do a TON OF BASE CARVING… which Grakana never liked. So much WORK!

Still, he accepted his fate as it was and jumped down the hill to slide to the bottom…. yet did so rolling instead.
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
Kimari stomped a good as she listened to the goblin. "Yes, I heard you quite fine. I was merely asking exactly what wood or stone you want. And for the record…my name is Kimari, not 'Tall-Horse'" She puffed, almost glaring as she looked down at the goblin. "I know that I don't understand your ways, but that doesn't give you any right to be a rude little runt." A frown was tugging the corners of her mouth as she spoke in a dry tone.

"Now, if you want my help, let me know. I know I could just trot off without helping you. However, I am not rude and I am willing to help you gather, and carry whatever supplies you need to make your mask or masks." Kimari fidgeted some, glancing around the area for signs of movement or anything that may indicate they were not alone. She looked away grom the goblin, pulling out some food, a small roll from her bag and took a small bite of the bread. As she did this she noticed that the goblin was now rolling down the hill. This both surprised and confused the Centaur at how her she had been so distracted taking bread from her bag to eat. "Well then….." she mumbled and made her way after the goblin. Standing in one place for too long did not seem like a wise decision to the Centaur. Not at all.
Grakana

Character Info
"Ughghgh…" muttered Grakana as he laid on the floor, finally stopped from his rolling while the world still spun around him. He started to get up, but there was a brief pause before falling flat once more, as if absolutely giving up on the idea of even moving from where he stood. While Kimari could not really understand why, Grakana could feel it… the air flowing on the back of his head. He could still feel the mask's weight, but the fact that it had slipped off even SOME caused Grakana to freeze, mind grinding over ideas on how to solve the current dilemma…

Suddenly, a massive flood of smoke surrounded Grakana, hiding him in the thickness for a mere moment, but when the smoke faded, the mask that covered him seemed different. This new mask seemed more like a buckler shield was forged around the top of his head, eye slots carved out and covered with lenses, before the bottom was covered with a white-dyed leather, decorated as if to be a long beard. "Ugh, I cannot believe it… To think my mask would already be slipping… Guess I got to resize it again. Ugh." Instead of being loud and brash, Grakana now seemed to talk more like an old man with a low and crackly voice. In fact, he even started to use the mallet he carried as a walking stick as he moved back to Kimari's side.

"To make a mask, one simply needs good stone or wood. Strong and sturdy, yet easy to carve into. A mask maker's job is to forge them to last for centuries, so that the younger generations can learn from us. Now then, let us not waste any time. We must get these materials before our time has come." With that, he turned back around before pushing himself forward, weak-kneed and slow pace as if his legs were as weak as noodles suddenly…
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
The young Centaur woman made her way down after Grakana and stopped near to him. Her brow raised a bit at the sight of the smoke and seeing the sudden change in the mask that the goblin was wearing. 'Curious…' she mused, somewhat intrigued by the magic that this small creature seemed to possess.

"Strong and sturdy… I can definitely help find that." Kimari said confidently. Her eyes flicked around as she tried picking out trees and/or rocks that might be useful to the goblin. "Hmm? Before…what now?" At the goblin's last line Kimari was thrown off, utterly confused. "What exactly do you mean?" She knew that her bow was not one meant for combat, but it was all that she had. Besides her dagger. She was tempted to pick the goblin up and set him on her back, although she knew that would have been extremely rude for her to do so without consent. Also, she had nothing to ensure that he wouldn't roll off her back if she had to take off running, should something come after them.