Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Sularia > The Invitation [p/r]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
The idle chatter around them was easily ignored when the waiter came by with food in hand. Soft music filled the air, setting the tone as a plate was set in front of Lewis. The smells of a delicately roasted chicken breast and perfectly seasoned vegetables filled his side of the table, and his mouth was already watering. The Sularian spices were a favorite of Lewis’ recently, and after the last few days, he felt he earned it.

A wide plate was set in front of Simone filled with curry and rice, it’s own unique blend of herbs and spices effortlessly tickling the senses. The two waited no longer as the waiter left, and dug right into their meals. It was one of the rare nights that they had alone, with a rather enthusiastic Rex and Hazel taking over the babysitting for the night with a ‘no parents’ game night. Janus and Lila were not too thrilled about it, but they tolerated these game nights.

It was about the fourth bite into the chicken when Lewis noticed that something had appeared at the edge of their table. Normally, this alone would not have bothered the ex-assassin, but it was most curious that he had not sensed anyone’s presence. The fact that it was so secretive was immediately alarming, but his exterior showed no signs of concern at the sudden appearance of the letter.

Lewis wiped his face and took the letter in hand, examining it over. It was a jet black envelope with eloquent, gold leaflike trim. On the back was a rather unique seal, one that Lewis did not recognize. At first, his mind went to Marcov, but he pushed that thought aside. Marcov was dead, and Lewis had taken steps to make sure the rest of his organization was taken down with it. What was difficult, though, was the rather large power vacuum that had appeared.

None of that, though, had anything to do with the letter before him. “It’s addressed to you, Mone…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Mone was savoring the curry in front of her. She had found she liked it on one of their trips to Abed. She loved spicy food as a shock to nearly everyone but toned it down for most of the family. Mone and Lewis were dressed for their date looking elegant as ever. So when she picked up the invitation in her hands… It looked almost too natural for her to be holding it. The invitation had an appearance of wealth.

“It’s addressed to Simone Auclair Terrowin.” It rose her hair up a bit but she realized if they put Auclair there… It was to get her attention. No one knew who she was outside of a handful of people. And it did get her attention. “It isn’t from Avery nor from Llywellyn. They wouldn’t address me like this either.” She flipped it over and broke the wax seal.

Her eyes scanned the letter. It was short. It was an invitation for both her and Lewis to meet a group of people with particular talents. It also said they would have a gift for her that was for her and her alone. A necklace fell out of the invitation and she stared at it. “Where have I seen that before?”

…Her mind went through all of her memories. A picture of their childhood with her uncle showed up. Her uncle had the necklace. “But why is it here? It has dried blood too…” Any other person would be scared. “They have my attention now.” They wanted her respect, it was hard to earn. At least that’s how it seemed.

“There is a meeting tonight at a club here in Sularia. If we are interested we can go and hear what they have to say. I want to find out why they have this… How they know who I am.”

DivineBlood

Character Info
Name: Damien
Alignment: TE
Race: Lust Demon
Class: Cult Leader
Silver: 199
It did not take much convincing for Lewis, and the two finished their dinner with haste.

The club was a rather strange place for Lewis and Simone to go to. The moment they entered, both of them felt out of place. It was a dimly lit place with heavy smoke filling the air. Plush red couches were all around, with wealthy looking individuals lazing about, enjoying the atmosphere. It was in the back, though, where Lewis and Simone were directed. A private room was waiting for them, and a familiar man.

“Oh for gods sake,” the demon said as they entered the room. Malice filled his voice and eyes as he set his sights on Simone, and he turned his head in disgust. “It just had to be you. Lucina, turn them away. They aren’t a good fit.” He looked to his ‘partner’, who merely gazed back at him with a hint of amusement.

“Something tells me that you aren’t qualified to make that decision for yourself,” Lewis stated. “If I recall, letters aren’t your style…” There had been notes in Marcov’s leftover belongings. Damien’s profile had been one of those things. “No…whatever this is, you’re on the lower end of it.”

“Silence you filthy-” Damien started to stand. He stopped, though, when neither Simone nor Lewis made a move. He took a deep breath, and sat back down. “It would seem that you know quite a lot. Then I shouldn’t need to fill you in. Capelle will be in shortly. I would recommend sitting down and ordering something to drink. On the house, of course.”

Lewis stared at the demon for a moment. His eyes lit up briefly, and there was the faintest hint of a smile. “Fine. But make it quick. We have other things to attend to…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone was rather amused with it all. The demon being here with this Ashlynn look a like was amazing. No, it was a part of Ashlynn. She didn’t carry herself like the half elf though. “It’s like looking at a mirror.”

Lewis sat down holding out his hand for Simone. Taking her place on his lap they were allowed to be informal in this place. “Wait… Did you say Capelle?” Her eyes were lit up with curiosity. He was considered a friend to Simone. It was with his support that they had ousted the lords that bothered the Terrowins from the council in Benin.

Simone turned over the drink menu and tilted her head, “My husband will have a light apple ale. I’ll have…” She tilted her head and mused over it. “This cherry one please.” She handed it up to a barmaid who bowed to them and left. “What?” Lewis was looking at her. “I can drink a little. The twins aren’t breastfeeding as much anymore~ So a little alcohol is fine now.” Her husband nodded. It had to have been word from Angela that gave her the okay.

She was sipping on her drink when Capelle walked in, “Madam Terrowin! You got my invitation!”

“Color me surprised… When did you find out who I was?”

“You have been living in Benin for twelve years. Your husband was easy to figure out once the man hunt happened but you… You took me a long time. At first I thought you didn’t know but then I realized you are way too smart for that. Would you like the long explaination with many details or the short?”

“You know me… I’m thorough.”

“As I’ve come to expect from you.” Capelle moved to sit at the other end of the room. He got comfortable and looked up at her. “The first telling sign was when the Terrowins moved in. The council wasn’t going to let them do it at all. The island was said to be cursed. Our houses all had their fireplaces and other things blow in with extreme dark magic. Of course, you played it off exceptionally well faking illness. I bought it immediately but thought someone was helping you. Your husband was never home whenever we would visit and he never came to the meetings. So we believed you when you said he was a type of mercenary.”

“I didn’t lie per se,” Simone held a smirk.

“Correct, it wasn’t really a lie. Your illness, however, wasn’t the whole truth. You suffer from mana deficiency so playing the part of the weak wife was your way of holding yourself above others. In a chess game, the queen piece is one of the most important pieces… You fit it quite well. You had very few slip-ups in Benin over these last thirteen years. However, expertly severing someone’s throat with a knife and playing it off as an accident…”

“I was just having fun. He was stealing…”

“Regardless… Your charisma had everyone believing you. No one batted an eyelash the second time you did it either five years later. When it came out your husband was the infamous Dusk Assassin I knew there was something more to you. It was only recently that King Llywellyn and King Avery were seen with you. A lady having friends that high isn’t ordinary. It took a lot of research to find out who their mutual friends were. Finding information on you isn’t easy. It’s why I addressed the letter to you and not your husband. Your homeland… It was a tragedy.”

“Yes, it was.”

“The crimes against you anger me greatly. I do value you as a friend,” Capelle was genuine in what he was saying to Simone.

“…The necklace,” Simone produced it and held it in front of him. “It was my uncle’s.”

“Ah, yes… My gift to you,” Capelle clapped his hands.

“LET ME GO,” the voice was familiar and Simone’s eyes got large as Felix was dragged in. The moment he saw Simone his face went white. “I want nothing to do with her! She’s going to murder me! LET ME GO!”

“Felix,” Simone hissed.

“Simone, we can talk about this,” the man looked so much like Simone it was immediate to know they were relatives.

“We were done talking years ago,” Simone was gripping Lewis tightly. The fire in the room had burst to life in black flames. Her anger was boiling at the sight of him. “How are you back AGAIN?”

DivineBlood

Character Info
Name: Damien
Alignment: TE
Race: Lust Demon
Class: Cult Leader
Silver: 199
Damien was sitting back and enjoying this. Simone had shown herself to be calm and collected during their last meeting, but watching her lose it now brought a smirk to the demon’s face. What was concerning though, was the fact that her husband had made no motion to move. In fact, his eyes hadn’t wavered, and had stayed locked on to the demon. It was almost unsettling the way that he wasn’t moved by anything.

“If you want me so bad, I can take you to the other room,” Damien stated, trying to unsettle Lewis back.

Lewis smirked in response. “You wouldn’t dare leave your woman alone. There’s fear behind your eyes. You keep looking toward her, as if she’ll disappear if you look away for too long.” The words seemed to hang in the air for a moment, and then Lewis smirked, leaning back. “Don’t worry. We won’t steal her away.”

The demon turned his attention back to Simone, who was now eying the cuffed Felix. “Not only are you trying to secure their position, but you’re also trying to sweeten the deal? I don’t see what’s so great about these two.” He glared at Lewis. “They seem like trouble.”

Simone

Character Info
“Simone is an expert at getting people to listen to her. Her skills are with people but she’s also a killer.” Capelle sighed and looked at her. “She doesn’t look it but she’s older than you are. The origin of her last name refers to the ancient kingdom of Auclair. It existed before Adeluna did. The ruins where you brought them to… That was Simone’s home. Simone was a human who was tortured for over fifteen hundred years.”

“Where did you get your information from?” The room went calm as Simone’s demeanor changed.

“It wasn’t easy. There are a few elves who know who you are. They say you’re the reason Sulwal prospered.”

“Under Llywellyn’s rule. It wouldn’t have happened if he hadn’t overthrown his father to find me,” Simone nodded.

“I have to ask… I never found out. What destroyed Auclair.”

Simone looked at Felix, “I was the only born child of the king. He never remarried. My uncle tried to suggest marrying my cousin to me… Felix. Felix had always been infatuated with me but I never looked his way past being his cousin. My father didn’t want me to be married away like that. Instead, he offered a hand of a vast many princes to come meet me. Two of them would become my steadfast friends… Avery and Llywellyn. I became engaged to Jerome, a prince from a small kingdom. However, he threw me away for a princess of a larger nation. Using what would be known as the Curse of Auclair as the reason.”

“Simone, you don’t have to talk about this,” Lewis looked concerned.

“It’s fine he wanted to know. Xeik said it’s good for me to talk about what happened,” the words left her lips as she calmed down and close her eyes. “A fey lord had taken a liking to me and kept asking for me. My father refused. He didn’t take it kindly. So he put a curse on me when I was sixteen. When I turned eighteen we found out what the curse was. I would revert to sixteen and forget everything about myself. I would only live until I was twenty-nine before my heart would explode and the process would begin again.”

Capelle looked shocked, “But that isn’t what destroyed your home.”

She shook her head, “When I refused to cooperate… The fey lord had six people in my inner circle who betrayed me. My ex-fiance Jerome, my cousin Felix, his father, the spymaster, my personal guard, and another we still haven’t located. Felix told them about the secret passages… Auclair was lit on fire with hellfire and the people were all dead. My father killed before me. I was scared. I threw myself off Auclair Castle. I refused to become his victim but I had forgotten how the curse works. When I came to I was being violated by that lord. Felix was watching the whole time. He was taking glee in it. The next seven years I spent in a hell hole being tortured again and again. I got out by a man named Edwin. He kept me with him even after he found out the secret. I watched him die from being elderly. The torture, torment, and all the other evil that followed came again. I watched him kill my young babies who had just taken their first breath… He would kill my husbands. And still, I couldn’t tell him what I thought of him. I couldn’t claw my way out of myself. At least not at first.”

Her anger flashed again and she looked at Felix, “So I went to Feeorin and made a deal with a Fey Queen. The very one that Alvaro had pissed off to make himself and all of his fey sterile. That was the reason for my curse. Only I could bear him a child to break the curse. I got hellfire and I destroyed his entire kingdom like he did mine and then I took an iron pipe and I beat his wife to death, I pulled out her wings, and I took glee in all the torture he had done to me even when she begged me to stop.”

Capelle was wincing but Simone shook her head, “If I was destined to be alone… then so was he. He ripped out my womb and locked it behind magic making me infertile. Tied to me a boulder and sank me to the bottom in Virens. It took three hundred years for someone to find me.” Capelle opened his mouth and she held up her head. “I drown again and again… and again. I was scared and confused each time. But I survived. The house of Emil Somerset found me and brought me back where I became the Duchess of Somerset. When he found out I was infertile I was given as a job to an assassin known as Lewis Dusk.”

“So that’s how you met.”

She nodded, “And that’s where our adventure began.”

“How did you become aware of your situation? When you went to the Fey Queen?”

“I could take control of my younger self whenever she was close to death. When she had a near-death accident I kept a viper with me and dripped myself the antidote to stay in control.” It was something Lewis had never asked before. The amount of pain she put herself through. “You don’t piss me off and get to live. You don’t kill my people, kill my father, my family, rape me… and not have to pay the price. I will NEVER forgive those who wronged me. Who make me feel dirty… Who made me, Simone Beatrice Monte Auclair feel low and no pride. I am a fucking queen.” Her eyes were drilling into Felix. “And the queen will survive the pawns.” Those words made Felix piss himself as he shook. “No matter how much death takes her, she will come back even more pissed off than before.”

Dusk

Character Info
Again, Lewis had stayed mostly silent through it all. When it was all through, silence filled the air as Felix quivered on the floor, terrified for his life. Damien cleared his throat, and Capelle looked a little pale. These reactions were all fairly normal for those who were first hearing about it. At this point, though, Lewis was over being furious about it.

What he was mostly annoyed with was that Felix was still alive. The fact that this worm had been brought back yet again was quite problematic.

“So then, Felix,” Lewis said as he leaned forward, clasping his hands together. “It would seem that we will have some quality time later.” He smirked when Felix yelped and tried to scramble away. But there was nowhere to run.

“Your wife is rather…determined,” Damien stated.

“Yes, she is,” the ex-assassin responded as he leaned back. “Now…for the reason we’re here.” He looked to Capelle. “Your here because Marcov is gone. And we’re the next in line for it.”

“How did you-” Damien started, but Lewis held up his hand.

“Why us,” Lewis asked. “And who do you work for…”

Simone

Character Info
“The best quality time but know that we have a bedtime now. All the kids really do run us ragged. If you are a good boy maybe I’ll only torture you for a few days…” Now there was the playful sadistic Simone that Lewis knew. She had a smile on her face as she tickled under Lewis’s chin.

Simone straightened out as she was handed her drink and sipped on it cutely making happy noises. Lewis put his arm around her waist and watched her enjoy her drink. “It tastes good,” Simone was blushing over how good it was and offered it to Lewis. She was now acting like she hadn’t told her horrific story. “So as Lewis said,” she licked the drink from the corner of Lewis’s mouth which made Lewis’s eyes light up. “Who are you working for?”

“I work for myself,” Capelle held out his hands. “I am the ringleader. When Marcov and his associates fell out… It left a void like you said. I want to fill it in. There are no better two people than the two he tried to take out. I know if it were anyone else above me you would say no but…”

“But you know I trust you and I don’t hand out my trust to anyone. Which is why you have been honest with us and up front. Which I appreciate.”

“I also know you won’t put your seventeen children at risk for someone you didn’t know.”

“Correct,” she waved her hand. “My children are the only ones I would die for. I would say Lewis but both of us if killed correctly die for real though we’re not sure what it would take to kill us both anymore.”

“What do you say? Will you pick up the mantle and run this part of the underworld with me?” Capelle looked at Damien and then to Simone and Lewis. “You two are capable.”

“Our schedules are pretty full,” Simone had a book appear in her hands. “I have the guild to think about… The children… I can’t keep giving them to Xeik.”

“To be fair, that was funny,” Lewis spoke up.

“It was but I do feel bad dumping them on him. They are tyrants.”

“Two of them are tyrants.”

“Those two would make Damien cower,” Simone joked and Lewis smirked.

“Our precious tyrants,” the Terrowin couple said together.

“I suppose that we can move the time slot for our playtime,” Lewis was now pouting at her. “Not that playtime. The one where we hunt someone down and torture them.”

“Oh,” Lewis’s eyes lit back up.

“It’s the same thing really.”

“Enough idiotic criminals all around for us now,” Lewis said with glee.

Simone flickered through, “We have to be mindful of Ezili’s dance recitals… She is excited for them.”

“Wouldn’t miss them for the world,” Lewis nodded. “Oh, Everett wanted to make us dinner too.”

“That’s right here,” the way the Terrowins were talking… Their kids really were their lives.

“I think we can fit this into our schedules,” Simone smirked at Lewis. “We could use the basement more. I know you like the basement.”

Dusk

Character Info
Watching the two plan was almost endearing to watch for Capelle, but to Damien it was almost disgusting. The ultimate disgrace was that these two ‘lesser beings’ were being granted the position that he had worked so hard to obtain. After the fall of his glorious following, he had nothing…

Lewis smirked, “We accept. Though…” He carefully put down his drink. “We’ll need more information on how this…organization works. What is our rank? Who do we report to, if anyone. What about the others? Are there…territories? Ultimately what is our goal?”

Though, Lewis knew at least some of these answers already. Part of this was a test to see how willing Capelle was to part with information. Another was to compare his own networks of information with that of the salvaged Marcov’s.

Simone

Character Info
“You won’t report to anyone but in our bimonthly meetings. We need to make sure our network is secure and that we keep an eye on undesirables. While I know you two like your bloodbaths you are at least quiet about it. You keep Benin’s streets safe for your children like I do.”

Simone nodded as she was handed a notebook. “This is all the sources of information we have.” It was a lot and she stopped as Capelle started to speak.

“Speaking o–”

“Hunter!” Simone’s eyes lit up.

“Simone! Lewis! I didn’t expect you two to be the ones that Lord Capelle was trying to bring in!” Hunter shook hands with both of them.

“This is a surprise! Where did you three mee–”

“I still haven’t forgiven you for trying to fuck me!” Simone pointed in anger.

“Hunter! I never expected that from yo–”

“Not me…” Hunter pointed at Nath who was giving Simone the best bedroom eyes a bird could.

“Keep your bird away from me!”

“You are a pretty bird Simone…” Lewis chuckled but he glared at the bird as Lewis nibbled her ear. The bird looked jealous instantly.

“I swear that’s the last time I infiltrate a place as a fucking bird.” She threw her hands up.

“We told you to stay home but you were tired of being a housewife…” Lewis smirked at her. “Also, you’re lying you enjoyed sneaking in. You just didn’t enjoy Nath’s flirting.”

Simone shrugged and Hunter got a drink to join them all. “I watched Lewis and Simone infiltrate Sorora… When I met Simone she was in her phoenix form. Since all Night Phoenixes are men… They never checked Simone to see if she was a female. She is the only female night phoenix.”

Capelle looked at Simone, “A black bird of death. You really were the ones who blew up our homes. You certainly are smart and talented. Then your daughter–”

“Anyone tells any other night phoenix about my daughter Lila and I will rip your dicks off and shove them so far down your throat that you’ll have wished I killed you right away. After I got done killing the rest of my kind. Do you all understand,” her murderous intent was choking Felix as he passed out on the floor.

“That won’t be necessary. I’ll make sure this information doesn’t leave this room and make sure night phoenixes don’t come around Benin.”

“I would appreciate it considering they tried to breed me a while back… We killed a good number of them for that.”