Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Kirika Lake > Simon Says [P, R]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
"Larka will be fine." Akira wasn't sure if Celeste was just saying that to make herself feel better, or if she truly meant it. The child watched nervously, shifting attention between pets and Celeste's magical hands. Larka bolted up, the elf reached out to steady her wife. "Careful, slowly." Both woman and child were pulled into a hug, the reaver's eyes wide and alert, fearful and relieved.

Shaking her head vigorously. "Akira fine. Just scared." Celeste listened to the explanation, her gaze resting on Larka's hand. It would take extensive magic to return it to normal, for the fire had done a lot of damage. "You tried to kill me! I'm supposed to sit back and allow it to happen? Gods, what are we in, an uncivilized society? You made a deal, a deal, Bitch! I made a promise! And do you listen? No! Into the fire! You're a liar and a cheat!" Steve ranted, wanting to pace, but refused to move as to avoid any damage from both cat and wolf. Akira hid her face in Larka's shoulder.

Celeste took the opportunity to look at the toy. "Deal? Promise? Someone care to fill me in?" "Look, I admit, I made a mistake, a bad choice.  I was bored, and looking for fun, and an idea formed, a terrible idea of the mutt's demise. Akira didn't like the thought and ran. Then that bitch tried to throw me in the fire! She tried to make a deal with me. If Kyu leaves me alone, I'd leave Kyu alone. I promised! And she still threw me to the fire. Fucking cunt." Looking at her wife and adopted daughter, Celeste smiled softly to them. "Mind taking Akira to her room? This stress isn't good for her. I'll deal with this."

When they were gone, Kyu with them, the toy thought he could run. Quick as lightning, water lashed out and bubbled Steve in an inescapable sphere. He was pulled toward her where she could stare coldly at him. "You thought she was terrible, huh? Guess what, Steve, was it? She may be the reaver, but I'm the bitch who can trap you under the lake where you won't be able to escape. I keep my cool, until you threaten my family. That woman you're cussing out? My wife. That child you're freaking out? My daughter. Fuck with my family, face my wrath. This is your one and only chance, Steve. Leave my pets alone, my wife, and my daughter. None of us are to come to any harm, or you're going to be drowned so far in the ocean depths that not even getting eaten by the whale is going to save you. Do I make myself clear?" Steve frantically nodded as best as he could.

Larka

Character Info
Name: Larka Nash
Race: Human
Class: Berserker
Silver: 0
Akira was alright, but she was scared which was a small relief itself for Larka. Her hand still ached but that was fine, that could be taken care of fully later on, for now Celeste had got the worst of the damage taken care of. When the toy started talking again Larka almost lunged at it again, intent on holding the thing in the fire as long as it took for it to be burned away. And the words that it used, in front of Akira, let alone what it was calling Larka!

But Celeste spoke up before Larka could react in her usual way and the Reaver calmed down some as she looked to her wife. Something in the way that Celeste spoke, that calm tone despite the situation, made Larka raise a brow, oh, she knew what that all meant. She nodded and scooped Akira up in her arm, wincing slightly from her hand, and carried her back to her bedroom. ”Mommy Celeste will take care of Steve, okay? I'm not sure how, but I know that look on her face, Steve will listen to her, one way or another.” Larka smiled and thought for a moment before hugging Akira. ”I'm sorry I scared you, Akira, I can be, a little over protective of my loved ones.” If only Akira was old enough to understand just why that was Larka might consider telling her, but not yet and especially not right now. Maybe in a year or so Larka would tell Akira about her past family, it might be worth waiting for a bit on that very sensitive topic.

After that Larka found some nice, non speaking toys for the two of them to play with until Celeste was finished with Steve. When Celeste walked into the room Larka looked over with a small grin from her place sitting on the floor with Akira. ”So, how'd that go?” She asked, wondering exactly what Celeste had done.

OOC: Shawn
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
Akira nodded, still relatively scared as she held Larka tight in the embrace. ”Larka okay? Why Larka go back on promise? Aren’t we keep promise we make? Akira no understand.” The child listened, and asked questions where necessary, playing quietly with her adopted mother. Celeste walked in, and Akira looked up worriedly at her.

”I don’t think we’re going to get much trouble out of Steve for now. He’ll sleep in the room with me at night, and has agreed to Reika standing guard over him. One wrong word from that bird and Reika will take care of it. But, we have a shopping list I need to take care of soon.” With that, Celeste settled next to her wife and daughter, pulling the child in a hug.

With the promise everything would be alright, the women played with Akira until she felt safe. She was not left alone through the night. After dinner, she was tucked into bed, kissed good night, and left alone with the candle that had shone just enough light for Celeste those months ago. When the child was sound asleep, Celeste told Larka her plan. They needed the enchanted magical cage that was sold by an enchantress in town. If Steve puts one step out of line, it could spend a few nights in the cage, ensuring it can’t escape. Should the possessed toy continue his trouble making tendencies, then the cage will be trapped under rocks in the great wide ocean, trapped for eternity.

She was their daughter, and they would go to any length to protect her.