Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Kirika Lake > The Blooming Maze [P]
Cymbel

Character Info
Name: Cymbel Belerian
Alignment: LG
Race: Fey
Class: Swordmage
Silver: 0
Not to make her feel awkward for being the only one eating, Cymbel finished his plate. "Yes, let's go. If we tarry we might not make it before next morning." He gathered his  things and set the room in order, then with Vinsue he set off to find a boatman willing to ferry the two of them across. Asking around, he compared prices until finally he came to the last boat in the docks. It was a gaudily painted caravel, and was on the small side of maritime transportation. The masts were a rust red and the sides of the ship were canary yellow. The sails were white with various smaller colored flags blowing in the wind. And as if the candied color scheme wasn't enough, the figurehead was a unicorn with a blue mane and golden horn glistening in the sun. He swore that he was looking at a carnival tent disguised as a ship. Surely whoever owned such a vessel could not be a respectable citizen.

As he turned to see if the other captains were willing to lower their fare, the sound of a gangplank hitting the docks came from behind him. "Hold it right there, landlubbers! I saw ye eyein' me pride and joy here. Nobody takes a gander at the White Mare without a good reason fer it." 

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
She was ready to go as he was and knew that they should get going. She looked at the various ships as they walked down the port. some she thought about as others she quickly crossed of the list. the last one she quickly disliked and marked from her list of possibilities. She did not want to arrive in a new aria on a joke. Why he had even considered the most embarrassing ship on the docks was beyond her. personally she did not want to be sean any where near it and gave him a disapproving face. "Please tell me you're not…" she stopped mid sentence as she heard the gangplank. 

she turned to look at the man who spoke doing her best to appear happy. 'White Mare' even the name was laughable. the man had a limp but other than that he seemed like he could captain a ship. He seemed to eye her more than her friend wich made her a bit uneasy. She felt like they had met before but she could not remember who he was or why he seamed so familiar. She hoped that he did not know her for the only ports she is ever in is in pirate haven and she had a bad rep ther.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Cymbel

Character Info
Name: Cymbel Belerian
Race: Fey
Class: Swordmage
Silver: 0
"Oh, no sir. We were just passing through. I'm sorry for inconveniencing you." Cymbel was beginning to back away while trying to be as polite as possible. "Ha ha! No need to be shy, lad. I'll have ye know me ship's as good as any of the skiffs out here on the open water! Just because she's a beauty doesn't mean I'm one to make ye pay through the nose. I can tell ye have a destination in mind and I can get ye there in a jiffy." The halfling adjusted his hat and both of them could see he really did look like a pirate instead of a sea captain. The peg leg, earrings, and a ruddy red neck beard didn't make things any better.

Several times Cymbel had tried to refuse, but in the end they found themselves sailing away in the carnival-colored ship. The captain called himself Rufus Blackwater, and assured them that in spite of his dress and accent–he was not a pirate or a smuggler. Shortly after they set sail, there was a light shower of rain. And so began their short voyage across to Horae Island. 

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
She had also started backing up not wanting to go on that ship. She knew how to avoid even the best that wanted to sell things or services. The price was not the problem but she stayed quiet as the two talked. The fact he looked like a pirate was less of what worried her though it did add to the thought of where she thought she saw hem at. But he had stopped looking at her obvious he could not put a finger on hew she was. How they ended up on the joke called the white mare she would never understand and she was not to happy about it in the slightest. But it did float the one good thing she saw about it. She thought it was funny how Cymbel was worried the captan was a pirate and looked to stay on the positive side. Even his crew reminded her of the city and pirates. She stood at the side railing of the ship and stared over the water. she could feel the rain coming and was not surprised one it hit. yet the pull of the call seemed to be leading her the way the ship was going.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.