Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:12 AM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

She had also started backing up not wanting to go on that ship. She knew how to avoid even the best that wanted to sell things or services. The price was not the problem but she stayed quiet as the two talked. The fact he looked like a pirate was less of what worried her though it did add to the thought of where she thought she saw hem at. But he had stopped looking at her obvious he could not put a finger on hew she was. How they ended up on the joke called the white mare she would never understand and she was not to happy about it in the slightest. But it did float the one good thing she saw about it. She thought it was funny how Cymbel was worried the captan was a pirate and looked to stay on the positive side. Even his crew reminded her of the city and pirates. She stood at the side railing of the ship and stared over the water. she could feel the rain coming and was not surprised one it hit. yet the pull of the call seemed to be leading her the way the ship was going.

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:56 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"Oh, no sir. We were just passing through. I'm sorry for inconveniencing you." Cymbel was beginning to back away while trying to be as polite as possible. "Ha ha! No need to be shy, lad. I'll have ye know me ship's as good as any of the skiffs out here on the open water! Just because she's a beauty doesn't mean I'm one to make ye pay through the nose. I can tell ye have a destination in mind and I can get ye there in a jiffy." The halfling adjusted his hat and both of them could see he really did look like a pirate instead of a sea captain. The peg leg, earrings, and a ruddy red neck beard didn't make things any better.

Several times Cymbel had tried to refuse, but in the end they found themselves sailing away in the carnival-colored ship. The captain called himself Rufus Blackwater, and assured them that in spite of his dress and accent–he was not a pirate or a smuggler. Shortly after they set sail, there was a light shower of rain. And so began their short voyage across to Horae Island. 

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26 AM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

She was ready to go as he was and knew that they should get going. She looked at the various ships as they walked down the port. some she thought about as others she quickly crossed of the list. the last one she quickly disliked and marked from her list of possibilities. She did not want to arrive in a new aria on a joke. Why he had even considered the most embarrassing ship on the docks was beyond her. personally she did not want to be sean any where near it and gave him a disapproving face. "Please tell me you're not…" she stopped mid sentence as she heard the gangplank. 

she turned to look at the man who spoke doing her best to appear happy. 'White Mare' even the name was laughable. the man had a limp but other than that he seemed like he could captain a ship. He seemed to eye her more than her friend wich made her a bit uneasy. She felt like they had met before but she could not remember who he was or why he seamed so familiar. She hoped that he did not know her for the only ports she is ever in is in pirate haven and she had a bad rep ther.

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

Not to make her feel awkward for being the only one eating, Cymbel finished his plate. "Yes, let's go. If we tarry we might not make it before next morning." He gathered his  things and set the room in order, then with Vinsue he set off to find a boatman willing to ferry the two of them across. Asking around, he compared prices until finally he came to the last boat in the docks. It was a gaudily painted caravel, and was on the small side of maritime transportation. The masts were a rust red and the sides of the ship were canary yellow. The sails were white with various smaller colored flags blowing in the wind. And as if the candied color scheme wasn't enough, the figurehead was a unicorn with a blue mane and golden horn glistening in the sun. He swore that he was looking at a carnival tent disguised as a ship. Surely whoever owned such a vessel could not be a respectable citizen.

As he turned to see if the other captains were willing to lower their fare, the sound of a gangplank hitting the docks came from behind him. "Hold it right there, landlubbers! I saw ye eyein' me pride and joy here. Nobody takes a gander at the White Mare without a good reason fer it." 

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:56 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"Yea it was strange." she sad about the dream and sat down. the woman brought out two plates piled high with scrambled eggs and grits. though there was only 2 pieces of bacon in each plate. once the lady left Vinsue eat one piece of bacon than grabbed the fork and started eating the eggs. It was delicious and quite satisfying. once she had eaten the eggs and grits she sat back and eat the bacon. 

She was happy and full but the feeling was still their. She did not have time to search for some roge Idiom that had chosen to call her but she knew that it was not the rain that made her feel so weird. she knew the call would be defining by sundown but she wanted to see the island and ignored it. "So ready to go?" 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:24 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"Sounds like an interesting dream." Cymbel felt it was a bit ominous, seeing his friend was a dragon herself. Hopefully that wouldn't mean anything. He couldn't help but grin when he saw her reaction to the smell of bacon. It wouldn't hurt to stock up on provisions before setting out across the water. He wasn't very hungry himself, and he had the remnants of the sweets from Endapano still stashed away in his bag. Following Vinsue he took a seat at the table where she was and waited. Now, was there anything else he might have forgotten to purchase? This would be his last chance before sailing for Horae Island.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:43 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"yea I slept well. I had an interesting dream. a lightning bug lead me into a volcano. Inside it showed me the remains of a mighty dragon. It felt so weird as if it was actually happening." she said then returned her gaze to the window. The fact that the excitement kept her friend from sleeping was no surprise to her. "Yea, it feels like rain is coming. the farmers will like that." she said. She felt a bit strange almost like when she is called yet it felt different. 

she than got up and put on her boots. The smell of bacon filled her senses as she got close to the door. causing her mouth to water. She licked her lips. "Smells like breakfast is ready what do you say about grabbing a bite before we hit the road." she said than walked out the door, down the hall and than down the stars. She followed her nose to an aria with tables. The woman that met them last night motioned for her to take a seat than disappeared into what must have been the kition. 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:04 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"…Oh, is it morning already? Did you sleep well?" Cymbel was still lying on top of his sheets, fully clothed. He had spent the whole night thinking and was surprised how quickly the hours had flew by. Sitting up, his hair was a bit tousled from tossing and turning. "I couldn't sleep knowing today we would be setting off for the island." Leaving the bed he retrieved his boots and cleaned the dirt off of them, something he should have done earlier. Putting them on, he pulled out a comb and smoothed his hair as to not have it resemble a bird's nest. "The sky's nice and overcast today. I wonder if it will rain later?"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:49 AM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

that morning came to quickly for her and she sat up half in dream and looked around. nothing that would be a problem was in the room as the past events came to mind. she was safe and with that she relaxed. she looked out the window to see the sky was still gray but not as dark as it was at night. she got up and stretched. it sounded as if every joint in her body popped and she let out a yawn and went to the bathroom.

once she relieved herself she went to the sink and looked at her reflexion. her hair was a mess but besides that she looked ok. she washed her face and fixed her hair before returning to the room. she took the sheet down and put it on her bed before sitting back on the bed. "Good morning" she said once she noticed he was awake.

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:46 AM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

Seeing that he wasn't getting in her way, he gave a polite nod before entering the bathroom. He hadn't perspired much since they came to Sularia, but he did need to at least wash his face. He checked the strength of his illusion, then splashed cold water onto his face. Drying himself with a towel, he checked his belongings once more before claiming the bed closest to the door. He laid down on top of the sheets and folded his hands, staring at the ceiling but still wide awake. He still wasn't tired, and the excitement from the day kept his eyes open. 

Tomorrow…he would begin his journey to the island of the four seasons. The sheer thought of what he might discover made it even harder to stay still, and he rolled over to the side facing the door of the room. His thoughts wandered with his companion fast asleep. He wondered what kind of person Vinsue was like. They both had never asked each other about their pasts, out of courtesy but eventually it would come to a point where it would be brought up. What would he say then? How much should he reveal? How would he react when she told him her story? From what he had seen of her actions, she likely would not be very surprised if he told her he was a lord from Feeorin. She had been very understanding when he admitted his wrongdoings to her, and she likely wouldn't be upset if she learned he had given her a false name too. Most people didn't act like that.

She was a dragon, and had at least a century's worth of time behind her. How did a dragon come to frequent the cities of people? From what he knew of dragons, he had expected for her to have a cave high up on the summit of a mountain overlooking a city, or one that was out in the remote wilderness. She must be very familiar with living in a city if she felt so comfortable in them, and wanted to know why. Dragons normally preferred solitary places, at least that's what he thought. Maybe he would ask her later, tomorrow. For now, it was approaching midnight and he dimmed the lantern in the room to make it easier for Vinsue to sleep.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:39 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

once he mentioned a dragon she looked down the hall. anyone listening in would understand what they were talking about and that was the last thing they needed. Satisfied that none was in the hall she went in the room and removed her boots. and went to the bed beside far wall and sat down. "you can go i do not need to." She said and took the sheet off the bed and started hanging it on the wall with a set of pins she had found. 

She did this only because she knew when she slept in human form she would wake up panicked and did not want to take a chance on hurting her friend. She than climbed into the bed. She quickly fell asleep. Her kind slept a lot naturally but the switching spell had taken a lot out of her. 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:21 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

He looked down embarrassed when Vinsue went ahead and paid for lodgings for them. He was borrowing on her good graces again. He felt a twinge of guilt, having wanted to be more self-sufficient. One couldn't always expect another to offer their help at every opportunity. He made up his mind to return the favors when he had the chance, and put his feelings at ease. Once they were at the room assigned to the key, he nodded his head in understanding. "I see, indeed it would cause quite a stir if they spotted a dragon. And it would be more difficult to do so under the cover of night." 

Entering the room, he waited for her to choose which of the beds she wanted. He had never shared a room with anyone before. Being alone was something he had gotten used to ever since he was young. Cymbel thought about ending his glamour spell, but instead chose to renew it's effects. In case someone came in, he didn't want to be seen in his true face. It was like how people slept in nightgowns instead of in the nude. He was very self-conscious about being seen, and having a disguise made him feel better. He wasn't tired, as staying up past midnight was a common occurrence for him. Unlike others, he did not require as much sleep unless he was wounded, or exhausted. He took off his boots and set them beside the door, leaving his feet bare. The floor was clean, but cool and it felt good to walk about like this every now and then.

"If you'd like to use the bathroom, there is no need to wait for me." Patience was a virtue he had learned early on in life, and one he was the best at. 

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:04 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"we could ask about." she said as he looked threw his pouch. Than he said he would sleep outside. she almost smiled. he was low on coins and she knew it. "Come, I'll get us a room" she than walked into the inn and laid a bag of coins on the table and asked for a room. the woman behind the counter grabbed a key and gave it to her as she took the coins. She started climbing the stairs as she answered he's other question statemint thing.

"It would be easy to fly or swim yes but going across that aria can be dangerous if i was spotted in that form. Way to many people come and go threw there." she said walking up the stars. and down the hall to the room with the symbol that matched the keys symbols and walked in. one bathroom and two beds was all there was but it was ok. 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"It shouldn't be too far from what I have seen on the map. It's only southeast from Arri. Should we ask around if anyone is willing to ferry us there? Now let's see…" Cymbel checked his coin purse when he stopped in front of an inn. Calculating the potential costs of a single night's stay and hiring a boatman, would he have enough for the latter? He frowned as he thought about it. He had no issue with staying outdoors, as Arri seemed well-guarded that crime would not be an issue. "On second thought, I could spend the night out here." If the rooms were as costly as their rosewater, he would rather save the luxury for another time. "Forgive me for my rudeness, but it suppose it wouldn't be too difficult for you to travel across the water? You do have wings, after all."

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

She was happy to be out of the maze. She looked around at the multi coloured lights and then at the moon. "you're right, we need to find a place to sleep." she said looking back at him. Horae island is a place she had not yet explored and would be happy to see. "And I would love to come with you. Just know I have never ventured there before." she said and started walking.

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:58 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

It took a while, but they finally exited the maze. Cymbel himself was very happy, as he had one less thing on his list of things to see. It was now early evening, and the sky was illuminated by the light of the moons. "It seems night has fallen. Perhaps we should find lodging for tonight and set off in the morning? I still plan to see the island of four seasons." Horae Island. Its existence was an interesting puzzle, as each section of the island was eternally locked within one of the four seasons. How did it happen, and what allowed it to be so? He had also heard there were fey who lived there, and wondered what they would be like in comparison to the ones in Feeorin. Did they look different? What customs did they practice? These were all important questions for him. He hoped that he wasn't imposing too much on his friend by asking her to go with him all this way to the island, especially after having her guide him across the Harena.

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:22 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

She sat down and watched as he leaped across the stones to the clock in the middle. She smiled yet stayed tell the clock rang out. once her friend returned she stood up and stretched. she was ready to leave and started to lead the way out of the maze having memorized how they came.

though there was nothing to fear Vinsue stayed on high alert. It was part of who she was and something she could not help since she was hunted all the time. yet she keep up the look of having a good time and hid her thought. She would be happy to git out of the maze. 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:43 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

Cymbel was already making his way towards the lake, and it was clear that something had caught his attention. In the center of the lake's serenity was another clock. This one was larger, and looked far more intricate in its inner workings than the sundial they had seen earlier. Walking briskly around the lake's edge, he spotted some stepping stones on the water's surface. Cautiously, he took a step onto one and jumped from one to the other. He would have never been able to do this back at the manor. In this whole journey, he had done things that would have been deemed unacceptable in their eyes, and things which were considered foolishness. He could smile whenever he wanted, laugh at things he found amusing, and speak his mind without having to fear being ensnared by his own words. 

No more entertaining vacant frivolities, no more bowing and scraping with a fake smile on one's face. No more looking over his shoulder for assassins trying to stab him in the back or poisoned needles hidden in clothes or sheets. If he were to go back in time, he would make the same choice all over again. As he stood upon the last stone closest to the clock, he watched as the clock hands moved. When the larger hand reached the twelve, a chime resonated from the great timepiece which echoed throughout the entire maze. Dusk was finally setting in, and Cymbel had finally achieved what he had came for. Hopping back to the lake's edge, he returned to Vinsue. "It is done–I've finally seen the lake and what it had to offer. We can go back if you'd like, or if you would like to stay for a little longer I am willing to wait."  

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:54 AM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

She nodded at his answer for being able to run through it so fast with so few errors. it was nice to know that the maze held no horrible outcome if you were to slow or make a wrong turn. yet she still could not help but wonder if it was truthfully safe. 

Seeing him stop she stopped and saw how his face lit up and how he stepped aside. she looked past him at the lake. It was amazing and she liked it. "Wow" was all she could say truly transfixed by it.  

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:22 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

"This is the first time I've been in this one, believe it or not." Cymbel answered, as he stopped at a fork in the path and decided to take a left. "I've had a great deal of experience with mazes, actually. In my time I've picked up a few tricks to help make navigation easier. This has been a lucky run so far. Normally I have to retrace my steps at least once or twice. The fact there aren't any traps or time restrictions makes going through it more straightforward."

It was refreshing to walk through winding paths which weren't designed to outright murder you. Finding the right way through was not as difficult when you didn't have imminent death hanging over your head. If Vinsue ever planned to visit Parvpora, he would strongly caution her against going anywhere south of Iria. Feeorin was not the place for anyone to go, for any reason. The entire place was a living nightmare, likely second to Porta Inferi. The only difference was it was as beautiful as it was deadly.

"You know, I used to run through mazes quite often when I was younger. However this is the first one which I can say I like the best. Then again the others weren't very friendly to those entering for the first time." Seeing how his companion had gone quiet after they had entered the confines of the living walls, he tried to keep the awkward silence at bay through making small talk. A few twists, a few turns, and then he stopped in his tracks all of  sudden. He paused for a while, then turned to her, face beaming. "We've made it!  Come, look–at the center!" Moving aside for Vinsue, if she looked past Cymbel she would see Kirika Lake. 

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

She stood up and agreed that they should move on. The sooner they moved on the sooner they could get out and she would then fill safe once again. She looked at the many flowers as she pushed off her thoughts. She was going to enjoy its wonders. 

as they walked she decided to talk "You seem to know your way through the maze, any reason why?" she asked for they were both new to the mase but yet they had not run into any dead ends or half to double back. 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:28 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

He nodded his head in agreement, and turned his gaze skyward. The sun was beginning to set, discerning the gradually decreasing levels of light. Not wanting to leave before having achieved his primary reason for coming to Sularia, he stood up and dusted off his clothes. "I wonder how much further until we reach the end, if there is one. Perhaps there are other pockets of flowerbeds tucked away within the maze like this?"

He did not notice Vinsue's lack of enthusiasm as he observed the sundial nearby. They still had a few hours before there was no longer daylight. This was quite the quandary; at the current pace they were going they wouldn't make it out before nightfall. He could try to climb atop the walls, but that would spoil the fun. After thinking it over, he resigned himself to accept whatever happened. He would have to come back some other time on his own if he missed seeing the lake before twilight. Looking back at his friend he asked her, "Ready to continue?"

Author: Vinsue, Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:45 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

she trusted his opinion and direction for she did smell the roses with the wins as well. coming into the garden was nice but it brought back some ruff memories. It was hard to enjoy their beauty as her past came back up. she put a smile on her face for it was lovely but the pain was still there. she slowly followed her friend threw the maze tell they come to the center. 

She took a seat beside her friend. "It is a beauty that is forsure." She said trying to hide the sorrow in her voice. she did not want to talk of her past and somewhat hoped that she would not be asked why she was not quite as excited as her friend. 

Author: Cymbel, Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:18 PM, Post Subject: The Blooming Maze [P]

Stepping through the entrance, the walls bore vibrant clusters of blooms at every turn. How did the Rosenites manage to keep them growing so well? The secret to that question might never be answered, but the thought was enough to add to the mystery. The maze was enchanting, in the best possible sense. Roses, roses, roses–all in various colors, sizes, and stages. This was a perfumer's heaven, and feast for the eyes in natural beauty. Cymbel soon found himself lost in the living walls, but he didn't mind. He wouldn't mind getting lost in a place like this anytime.

As he ventured further he came upon another entrance. And before it–flowers. A large stone fountain not unlike the one in the bazaar stood as a sentinel over the serene flowerbeds, and there were benches carved from stone for visitors to rest. He took a seat and admired the collection of flora gathered here. He could recognize a few plants from Feeorin and Parvpora, but no corpse flowers obviously. "What do you think of it so far?" He asked Vinsue. "The maze feels like it goes on forever."