Archive Home > Archives > 2022 Archives > The Obscure Bastion > To Find a LewLew [P/R]
FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
The fact that Lewis had never made it to the tea shop gave them a lead. When Simone and Yelena took off to go look for the mysterious men who had followed Lewis, Xeik and Rhenakos took to the streets between the bookstore and the tea shop, asking around to see if anyone had seen either Lewis or the ones who they thought had abducted him. Between those who were hesitant to talk, and those who knew nothing, neither of the two found anything new out, and met back with disappointment.

“This isn’t like him. What could have happened?” Xeik asked as the two slipped into the front area of a stall. “Simone is getting worse too. If we’re not careful, she might end up burning Hoja to the ground.”

Rhenakos nodded in agreement. “I’ve seen Lewis on edge like this, but she’s wild in comparison. If we don’t find him soon…” He wasn’t sure what she would do. No one would be safe.

“Don’t worry,” the healer said with a quick smile. “We still have time, and she wouldn’t do anything that would endanger her children. Even if Lewis is missing, she’ll still find a way to-”

Yelena came running by, yelling for the two to come quickly before she killed. The two gave each other a quick look, and dashed behind Yelena. They burst into the pub just as Simone put pressure on her heel, demanding answers from the big one beneath her boot.

“Simone!” Xeik called out in a commanding tone. “Back down!” Rhenakos took a step back from Xeik, surprised at the sudden strength and boldness of the Divine Mender. His entire presence changed from the meek healer to that of strength and show. He marched forward, staring her down.

“Leave him to me.” He could feel Simone’s seething rage, and he understood it. “I can get the answers we seek…you’re in no mental state to do this…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone’s azure eyes were full of rage. At this point, not feeling Lewis was beginning to get to her. They couldn’t handle being away from one another in a weird sense. They were always together no matter the physical distance. They checked in on each other. They were each other. It showed even now. When Xeik commanded her to back down she released her heel, “You are very, very lucky that he gives a fuck what happens to you. There are worse things than death.”

She would do it too.

“She’s fucking insane,” the halfling was yelling from the wall and Simone rolled her eyes. “Like we would ever talk to a fucking insane broad like you–” Simone took another dagger and slammed it into his hand listening to him scream before she twisted it.

“I said I would be very, very fucking careful. I was trained by an assassin. I know how to keep you alive for long periods of time while doing excessive damage. You are lucky that Xeik is taking care of you.” She pulled the dagger out and began to clean it. “I would hurry before I get any more pissed than I am.” She was suddenly calm, this was something she could turn on and off compared to other people. However, she was becoming increasingly unstable as well.

“Where. Is. My. Husband,” she demanded before moving herself behind Rhenakos to stay away from them. She knew full well she couldn’t be trusted to be any closer to them. If she attacked from here she would hurt or kill Rhenakos and Xeik. She wouldn’t do that.

FalseHope

Character Info
Xeik was thankful that Simone backed down when he told her to. It was a little known secret that the healer was, in fact, prepared to immobilize either of the Terrowins at any given moment, especially since they both happened to be highly unstable without each other. Had in not been for Angela’s teachings, he wouldn’t have been able to.

The Divine Mender knelt down and pulled the larger man up. He looked to Rhenakos, who nodded and came over to grab him. Xeik went to the pub owner, and had a quick word. At once, the owner made an announcement and everyone cleared out, leaving them all alone.

“Now,” Xeik said as Rhenakos propped the half giant up on a chair. He placed his hand over the giant, and let some healing energy flow. “My name is Xeik Eraphim, the Divine Mender. I am the Champion of the Goddess Angela…” He smiled. “Please tell me where my friend is.”

The halfling pinned to the wall started to cackle. “What, you think just cause some preachy healer asks nicely, we’re gonna do it?” There was a hint of fear in his voice, and a glare from Simone made him shut up quick. But, he was right. Xeik was nothing more than a healer. How could someone devoted to those arts even remotely get a location of of either of the men?

“Now, there’s a little…misconception about what my job entails.” Xeik stopped the healing energies, and put his hand underneath the giant’s chin, forcing him to look up. “I took a vow not to kill. So you’re lucky in that sense. I have the belief that everything can be talked through and we can come to an understanding. However, I have learned in my training that…many people can be uncooperative when it comes to negotiation. So…” He jabbed his finger into the giant’s neck, and sudden he sat up straight, unmoving. The giant started to whimper, as if he couldn’t move.

“The thing is…in order to know how to fix people, I also need to know how to break them. You see…breaking is just the opposite of fixing. So anything that i can fix, I can also un-fix.” He cracked his fingers, and then ran his hand down the half giant’s arm. At once, the skin started to grow paler before starting to grow a grotesque black. “There was once a wounded soldier who came to me. He had been afflicted with a mold that caused his skin to rot and die. I started to heal him, but as I knew nothing of the mold, his skin merely continued to rot. It took a long time for me to figure out what was wrong. I researched the rot, and discovered that the mold had been a affected by a spell. And so, I found the mold…and researched it, and discovered the spell. I replicated it…and it turn, worked out how the magic flowed. It was easily reversible by that point…”

The giant started to whimper, his eyes wide with terror. He was in obvious pain. “But I was too late. When I got back, the soldier’s arm was beyond repair. I was able to save him, but he would forever marred by this.” Xeik grinned. “I refuse to kill…but I do believe that an evil person can be disabled, and still live…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone knew that Xeik could disable her. They had been told that it was a precaution that Angela was teaching Xeik. Particularly after that one time…

“Fine! FINE!” The big boy was yelling and Simone perked up. “We took him to a manor not too far from here east actually. Someone had their eyes on him for months. Something about an inheritance.”

Simone made a few, “Inheritance? That would mean that Lewis was entitled to something.” She looked at Xeik. “But Lewis was an orphan on the streets,” she recounted memories and details that only Lewis would know and a few that only he and Xeik should have known. Their bond and the second dream drive was doing wonders here.

“I don’t know okay. You will have to ask the people in the house! Fix my arm!” The half-giant screamed. However, when Xeik looked back Simone was gone.

“Where did she go?” Not even Yelena had expected Simone to bolt. “We… should probably catch up to her… You said she likes to burn things right?” She pointed to the door of the tavern. Its handles were melted off. Likely in anger.

FalseHope

Character Info
It took less than five minutes to fix the man’s arm, and by that time Rhenakos had forced the door open. Things were escalating quickly, and Rhenakos volunteered to stay behind while they waited for Hoja authorities to come for the kidnappers. That left Yelena and Xeik to chase after Simone.

The two raced through the streets, worried about what they would find once they got to the manor. Simone was volatile at this point and anything could happen, including her killing innocents that had nothing to do with the situation. That was what worried Xeik the most…the collateral damage that she could cause. The power of a night phoenix brought devastation and misfortune, and if left unchecked, might burn all of Hoja Mesto to the ground.

“Hurry!” Xeik said as he darted the familiar streets of Hoja.

Years ago, Xeik had been kidnapped by a gang of assassins, and it was Lewis who had saved him. Now, it felt as though he were finally returning the favor…