Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Awakening Gardens > Mortals in a Goddess's Fight - Part Four[P][Event]
Silver Star

Character Info
Name: Ernest
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 8982
Ernest smiled. "Yeah, I've been really lucky with this orb. It's been really helpful. Annoying, but helpful." Most days, she had mixed feelings about the orb. It was great unless she wanted it to shut up. That was never going to happen.

"Hey!" Ernest glared at Angela. "You didn't need to do that!" Still, she understood Angela's point. She knew, to some degree, that she had been getting lucky, but Angela didn't need to emphasize that by flicking her.

She followed Angela through the gateway, and stared around the room. This was the last thing she would have expected to be a healers' ward, but she supposed it might be useful in its own little way. After a few seconds, she blinked and followed Angela, listening as the goddess talked.

"Can your god magic heal pretty much anything?" Ernest asked. "I mean, not that you would, but, hypothetically?" She was fascinated by everything Angela could do.

She almost laughed at Angela's suggestion that Ernest could be walked all over easily. "Have you ever tried to get something out of me?" she asked. "A pushover is one of the last words anyone would use to describe me." She sighed. "I can see what you mean, though. It is tempting to help people. I suppose that's better than it being tempting to not help people, though." She laughed as Angela started insulting people. 

Her face saddened as Angela talked. "I know what it's like to be unable to help someone," she said. "Trust me, can handle it." She had handled it before. She could do it again.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
For a moment Angela gave Ernest a weird look before patting her on the head. “It’s what mothers do. We don’t mean to be rather hard with our actions.” She wanted Ernest to know she hadn’t meant to hurt her. “I do much worse to my own children and you might as well be adopted at this point.”

Once they were in the clinic she saw Ernest’s expression and she chuckled. “The last thing you want is your hospital to look like a hospital. Relaxation is key and I find rain forests to be quite nice… Don’t you? The trickling of waterfalls… the flutter of wings… Nature is something that can help calm down even a soldier who had lost himself to battle.”

Once Ernest had asked her question she nodded a bit. “It can. I’ve healed many, many things. There is a natural order of life that must be preserved. When I was a fresh God to the conclave, despite how dark my heart was, I saw what happened when Life went overboard to save everyone. It wasn’t good.” She shook her head a bit. “No matter how good a person is they must respect the laws put in place by their spheres. Life must gift to Death… and Death must gift to Life. We must not always interfere. Once in a while is alright but to always do so… is destructive in its own way.”

Angela let out a laugh and she shook her head. “To be fair, I can get anything I want out of anyone if I wanted to bad enough. I’m not the best example.” She gave Ernest a smile. “Not that I would of course. I respect a person’s space.” She thought about Ernest’s last words and shook her head. “Believe it or not there are some people who are like that Ernest. There are others who’s motivation is so shot that for them it is better to do nothing even when they could do something. Mortals are complicated…”

She reached over and ruffled Ernest’s short hair with a smile. “I believe in you Little One. In many ways, I see myself in you. I suppose that is why I was scared. At your age, I was a fresh healer. I was trying so hard to do whatever I could to help.” She prepared the area and thought about it.

“One day I was doing research with alchemy components and this odd person came in. I had sworn that I had seen this person before but I couldn’t place it. They asked me what it would take to put up a barrier… Varaz and Komiteia to be specific. This was well over fifteen hundred years ago by the way.” She mused as she thought. “I had told them that it was almost impossible without altering the basic existence of some plants and ingredients. They didn’t even flinch as if they expected me to say that. He asked me… How much of each would you need of these special plants?”

She shrugged and laughed more. “I asked if they were a god and they didn’t answer. If they were a god… couldn’t they have done it themselves? So I answered him and I told him all the plants and the properties of them that would need to change or be were fine… I shit you not he brought them all to me! Massive amounts! Told me to work to my heart’s content. He sat there and he watched me do it. He was so odd and I hadn’t even thought about why it was…”

She gave Ernest a smile. “A few nights after I completed the alchemy quest that I had been given… I ascended. Maybe not to what they had wanted me to but in time I came to be what they had wanted. We don’t see eye to eye often but I am certain it was him who had done that.” She pushed herself off the table and smiled again as she pushed her way to the ingredients nearby. "But we were learning salves not going over my history. We should do a basic healing salve first… Can you grab that mortar and pedstle from the other table please?"

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.