Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Porta Inferni > What have you done?.. [p:r:event]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
She nodded in agreement about her friend's thoughts on the tour, and chuckled at the mention of the whiskey.  "Many things are more interesting with a drink or two in your belly," Moliira said with a smile.  One advantage of being divine, it was far easier to control the effects on her body.  But if it was something Angela had brewed up, then gods only knew just what was in it.  When she spoke of her theory, Moliira felt justified in her thoughts when Dalanesca agreed.  It was a cold sort of comfort, but there were times that Moliira took what she could get.  "Death is a part of the great cycle of things.  I am actually surprised that the domain has gone without a shepherd for so long," Moliira said before sitting at the table. 

Taking a sip, Moliira savored the taste before answering her friend's question.  "He is well.  Krys has been helping me with the refuges, and getting them settled.  There are always those wanting to live in peace.  The drow coming to my realm are fewer these days, but those who want to live with nature will always come," she explained before taking another long sip.  The whiskey had a pleasant burn, and she could feel a bit of a tingle already.  That was impressive.  "And of course, he always reminds me to take time for myself.  I am terrible at that," Moliira admitted with a sigh.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
”Isn’t that the truth,” she said, with a rather relaxed laugh.  When the conversation shifted back to domains, however, the laughter faded from her voice.  It was not so much sadness as it was resolute acceptance that sounded in her voice.  ”Perhaps, if I am not speaking out of turn, the world will eventually better for the balance that my new realm has helped attune,” she said.  It was not a statement of haughtiness of overt pride, but more a sense of understanding that although the circumstances which brought about her change in spheres was tragic, there was somehow a necessity to it.

She gave Moliira a quick smile as she mentioned Krys was assisting her with the refugees in her realm, glad to hear that the drow’s mate was doing his part in helping her.  ”It’s wonderful that you’re able to offer them a place of safety and refuge,” she said.  ”I suppose the fact that there are fewer arriving means there are less tumultuous events taking place?” she asked, though she was not sure if that was the case.  Perhaps Moliira enjoyed the abundance of drow that had been coming to her realm, as they were her true people - but if she were anything at all like Dalanesca, she enjoyed her solitude as well.

”I miss Marth reminding me about those things,” she said, bluntly and with a sigh.  It was the first time she had mentioned her missing (and presumably dead) spouse without breaking something in quite a while.  ”He was always so great about that - making sure I took time for myself, and time for he and I to be what we were together,” she said, and the smallest hint of a smile showed on her lips.  ”I’ve never been good at it myself.  But I guess… this is what one could consider relaxing, isn’t it?” she said, gesturing to her glass of whiskey and taking a sip, feeling the redness flush her cheeks that came with the alcohol of the concoction.  ”At least, as relaxing as it can get in Inferos.” 

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
The acceptance in Dalanesca's voice made the drow study her friend for a few moments.  It was that strength and surety in her actions that made Moliira know the Voice had chosen well in making her a Triune.  Even if they both thought it had manipulated her into becoming something else entirely.  "I think you are correct in that.  It is simply part of the long cycle, things fall out of balance, then come back.  It happens time and again," Moliira said with a shrug.  Given that this Dalanesca was human, she wasn't entirely sure of how long her view on the world was.  But there was another self hidden within the woman who had been elvish, and that self was still a part of Dalanesca.

She nodded at the question with a slight grin.  "Thankfully my realm is diverse enough I can offer refuge to many people, but still have my privacy.  The odd thing is the number of drow coming to my realm has remained steady, but the number of other races is always in flux.  There are always exiles from my people, rebels and the so-called cursed like I was," Moliira explained.  When Dalanesca spoke of her lost spouse, there was sadness, but also fondness in her voice.  That was a good sign to her, that the sadness was not clouding her good memories of the man.  "Indeed.  Did Angela say exactly what she put into this?" Moliira asked, curious. 

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
”Balance… I know all too well about that,” she said, chuckling softly.  She could not help but to see the humor in how Moliira had brought up that word, though she knew it had not necessarily been intentional.  ”I’ve seen it before, I see it now, and I am sure I will bear witness to once more,” she said, but the words were rather reassuring.  The drow was not wrong in remembering that Dalanesca had once been someone else - and Dalanesca knew that as well.  Upon her ascension the memories of her past in another land (including a time when she had known Moliira, and a time in which she had held great power) moved to the forefront of her mind, and once again became a part of who she was.  

”I don’t think I’ll ever find myself in the situation that people will want to seek refuge in Inferos,” she said, with a laugh - though she did have one guest staying in her palace currently.  ”But I also don’t know if I would welcome them if they wanted to,” she said, shrugging her shoulders slightly.  ”I don’t always like being responsible for the happiness of others… I should focus more on my own, I suppose,” she conceded, and leaned back on her seat.

She shrugged again as Moliira asked what Angela had put into the concoction she had crafted for them.  ”I don’t actually know,” she said, and took another sip.  ”All I know is that it’s about the only thing that can get me even slightly drunk anymore,” she said.  ”And we all know how much I like to drink… I sure miss the days of being able to get cheaply knockered off a single bottle,” she said, rather wistfully.  A rosey hue had taken to her cheeks, and she could feel the heat rising in them. ”Whatever it is, it’s damn good, isn’t it?” she said with a laugh.  

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
The drow shook her head at a chuckle at Dal's mention of a lack of guests.  "I highly doubt that.  There will always be those seeking knowledge, favors, or even loved ones I'd imagine.  And of course it will be a sob story of how that love one does not belong in your realm, and how you've wronged them and how you are such a horrid person for keeping them there," Moliira said, the alcohol allowing a biting sarcasm to flavor her words.  But she also felt that the warning was a good one for her friend to keep in mind, since it was almost certain she would have someone whining to have a loved one be set free.  So often, monsters who ended up in a place like this were followed by those blinded to their true nature.

Nodding at the mention of her own happiness, the drow agreed.  "You should always come first.  That will keep you from breaking again," Moliira said, her tone gentle.  There was no blame in her voice, only understanding.  Then their attention turned again to the alcohol.  She only rolled her eyes.  "Being an elf, it takes quite a bit to get me drunk, even as a mortal.  That's why drow tend to add poisons to their brews.  It simulates the same sensations.  And it is why humans should not drink anything a drow brews," Moliira said with a grin.  Dalanesca had tasted some of her teas before, but Moliira would never do anything to harm a friend.  "I believe that I am ready for that tour.  What first?" she asked.  There was an eagerness in her voice now, seeing somewhere new was always of interest to her.