Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Maral'hal, the Wild Lands > Pridelands (GO,R)
Blaine Wintercrest

Character Info
Name: Blaine Wintercrest
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycanthrope
Class: Blacksmith/Consort
Silver: 566
Finding his beautiful wife was a blessing for Blaine, and though he appreciated the fates returning her to him, he needed to find the others. He needed to find the rest of his children as well as any of his siblings. His brother and sometimes enemy would make for a good first option to seek out, considering that he could cover much more ground with Krys working with him. Unfortunately he couldn’t be sure or not on whether he had crossed over to this realm, and the only person that he knew to have had some sort of contact with his elder brother was Moliira. She was another person that he was concerned about making it here, that was until he caught on to tales and rumors about this Wild Goddess that commanded the very storms themselves. The fact that they also spoke of her being drow only made him all the more convinced that she could have already settled down. Something tugged at his mind, screaming at him that Moliira was likely this deity although he was smart enough to know that it may not be her. After much thought, he set forward to go and venture into these wilds and seek the deity out, for the better or worse.

Finding the entrance proved to be the most difficult for him, trekking through the woods aimlessly for a sign of something out of the norm. The problem laid in that he didn’t know just what he was looking for, and anyone that saw him would swear that he was just a rugged looking wildman with a touch of madness. Blaine didn’t really care if he had looked like a fool, he needed to find out just where the hell her temple resided in.

Eventually he came across something that didn’t seem to fit the atmosphere here. It was like a vision of sorts in between the trees of another place, another realm. As he came towards it, he phased through the image without crossing over. His eyes narrowed as he swiped his hand through it with ease before groaning. Blaine thought for a moment before having a hunch; he removed his glove and took hold of his blade before carefully slicing open his palm and squeezing the blood into the image. It landed onto the earth below and shortly after he was transmitted into a far different place. No longer in the woods, he looked around the unconquered fields and the impending storm overhead.

“Guess I’m going the right way”, he muttered before looking at every which direction to see where he could start looking. “Where the hell am I supposed to go?” This was going to be a pain in his backside if he had to spend all of eternity prowling through here. With that in mind, Blaine shifted into a large golden coated wolf and headed forward. It wasn’t until sometime in his journey that he noticed that it had been a while since he had shift; he had forgotten how good it had felt to feel the earth beneath his paws, to run wild and free. It was something he was going to have to keep in mind, especially as he noticed packs of other wolves around him. It reminded him of his own pack and renewed his resolve to seek out his own. He didn’t care how long it took, he wanted them and he was going to have his family one way or another. The heath lead him to an enormous, lively forest, far larger than the one he had been searching in. This was a great place for those that preferred living in nature rather than in civilization, for those like himself.

A village of sorts came into sight and the lupine dashed right in for it before shifting back into his human form. The people there smelled of shifters as well, carrying on with their daily tasks as he came up to them one by one, asking about the goddess and where she resided in these parts. One of them confirmed that her name was that of his friend’s and once blood sister, but they were rather cryptic about her whereabouts; the typical response was that she would roam wherever she deemed fit. A frown fell across his lips as he continued around, trying to get as much information as possible.

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
While he had never managed to set foot in her labyrinth on Daeluin, Moliira and Krystopher had both known that his brother would have found his way there eventually.  But since the transition to Revaliir, she had not seen any sign of either her mate or her brother.  While some people she had found, there were others that Moliira worried for.  But once Blaine stepped into her realm, Moliira's shoulders relaxed.  If he was here, that her mate was more than likely somewhere within Revaliir.  It was just a small matter of finding him.  But perhaps Blaine would be the perfect person to do such a thing.  And he would certainly be the perfect person to help her with her other problem. 

It was too much fun to let Blaine wander around her forest for a time, there was a certain malicious pleasure Moliira took in letting his frustration get the better of him.  But there was the feeling of joy as well in that her pack was slowly coming back together.  Appearing out of nowhere, Moliira pounced on her brother and pulled him into a tight hug.  It had been longer than she liked since she had seen him, and Moliira was quite glad he had come.  "Well now, brother mine, you are one of the last people that I expected to see wander in here.  But I am quite glad you are here.  I'd assume since Angela is here, Latoya is as well?" she said after a moment.  Releasing him, Moliira looked him over for a moment. 

It didn't take long for her voice to turn serious though, given the concern on her mind.  "Tell me, have you heard anything of your brother?  I've not seen or heard anything from Krystopher since crossing over to this place," Moliira asked, anxiety in her voice.  It was difficult being away from her mate for so long, even though she was quite certain he had to be here somewhere.

Blaine Wintercrest

Character Info
”Great”, he muttered beneath his breath as he continued to look around the place. The people here weren’t exactly helpful for him and Blaine was starting to doubt whether it was a wise idea to come here in the first place. For one thing, he didn’t have true concrete proof that Moliira was here or not. Hell, for all that he knew, it could have been another drow that was bitten or shared blood with a wolven being and later on became a goddess. Those sort of things were possible to occur, right? Another thing was, even if she was this deity, who was to say that he was searching in the right place, or even if she was still around the realm in general. The lycan felt like ripping out his hair the more he contemplated this. Even at his age, his temper could still get the best of him once provoked.

It wasn’t until he started to think of moving on and looking in another location far from here when he felt someone come onto him, nearly knocking his out of his boots. He managed to cast his sight onto the woman and groaned loudly almost immediately. “Of course it’s you. Why in the world should I be surprised?”, he muttered at her before returning the hugs. It had been far too long since they saw each other, he believed it was around the twins being born was the last he saw from her. They had much to catch up on. “Aye, I don’t normally be strolling through a deity’s realm, but I had to make sure that it was you. I been searching all over you and the other knuckleheads”, he said with a slight chuckle. “She’s here alright, she wasn’t pleased that Angela kept her in holding until she calmed down after this whole mess erupted. But she came to and sought me out; we just now found each other and Aurora’s with us as well” Quickly catching himself, the man chuckled again. “Sorry, not too sure if you met her. She’s the youngest, at least currently. I’m starting to think I have too many pups around.”

The reunion was sweet, yet there was business to be had and his sister was the first to address it to his surprise. Things had been bittersweet between her and Kryst for ages and to his knowledge, they had made up a while ago. Yet, something was strange here, he could tell in her tone when she asked for him. He shot her a curious look before scratching his head. “Haven’t spoken to Krystopher in a while. A long while. That is one of the reasons I’m here. I need help looking for him, my children and our other siblings, if they are here. And tracking is your forte, that is unless old age has caught up with ya. Speaking of which, how’s divinity treating you? Heard a lot of tales of how it feels to be a god, many of them just rumors and tall tales. But since you are one, I suppose you can give me a better way of putting it.” He recalled that Krys had once strived grealy to be in such a position, all the way Blaine wasn’t very much up for having a mantle like that. Despite it though, he was very glad for Moliira to be among those chosen. 

Moliira

Character Info
An eyebrow went up at Blaine's reaction to seeing her, and Moliira put in an air of being very annoyed.  "If I didn't know better, I would say that you were not glad to see me," she said, though the look did not last long as she was not entirely serious.  Chuckling at Blaine and his terms for their greatly extended family, Moliira listened and nodded.  The name Aurora didn't mean anything to her at first, but Moliira found herself rolling her eyes.  "I am starting to think Latoya should have you neutered if you can't keep track," she said, a wicked grin crossing her face for a moment.  But it was all in play, given that she and Blaine had always traded jabs at each other.

A deep concern flickered across her face when Blaine hadn't heard from his brother yet.  That was even more worrisome to her that her mate was still missing, and something that made Moliira wonder just where he had gotten off to.  There was a deep belief he still lived since their wolves had bonded, and she was certain she would know if he had passed on from the world.  But the look passed when Blaine questioned her tracking abilities, and she snorted with feigned contempt.  "I could still track you to the ends of the earth and beyond if I wanted, Blaine.  And for the most part… I can find anyone I wish to.  Except Krystopher for some reason," Moliira admitted, frustration entering her tone. 

Then a thought crossed her mind, something awful enough to make her face go ashy for a few moments.  "Oh gods.  I think I know where he is.  When I crossed over here… I more or less pushed my counterpart out of her role as a deity.  She is still out there somewhere, so I am somewhat diminished.  And I cannot find her.  She had hidden herself well from my eyes.   Blaine, I think she has your brother," Moliira said, actual fear in her voice.  If her darker half had him, then Krystopher was likely in terrible danger.  And it was highly important that she find him as soon as possible.

A shadowy owl appeared at her side a moment later, and she spoke rapidly to it in the Drowish tongue.  It disappeared, and Moliira summoned another elemental, this time speaking in the common tongue.  "Go, find Dalanesca.  Tell her that the Storm Wolf needs her, and show her the fastest way here," she said, a curt tone showing the urgency of the situation.  Turning to Blaine again, there was a look in her eyes, a very dangerous one.  "I hope you're ready for a hunt.  Sorry to cut the greeting short, but you know our pack comes first," Moliira said.  She had to find her mate, and Blaine would very likely understand the deep need.

Blaine Wintercrest

Character Info
“No, you just have a terrible habit of sneaking up on me, remember?, he retorted. “Aside from that, I’m ecstatic about all this, be sure of that Moliira.” Blaine didn't exactly mind it one bit, it was comforting to know that some things never did change in this world. It seems as the times went by, all things had to change and some of them were things he was fond of. “After having about six children, you’d think she would be done. Especially since four of them are mine, but I’m not sure if she’s ready for me to stop having pups. Don’t be surprised if the next time we meet up that she’s growing heavy with child once more.” Given her and her race, he really wasn’t too sure in what to expect. Perhaps they would slow it down and focus on their relationship; heaven knows that they should, given the dramatic events that befell them not too long ago with the separation.

While he was worried about the welfare of his older brother, he couldn’t shake this strange feeling that something was going on with Molirra. He watched and studied her in silence, knowing that not too many things could rattle the drow as this situation was, but why? His train of thought was broken for a moment and he nodded. “Glad to know your greatest asset is still sharp. We will find that old mutt. He couldn’t have wandered too far if he stumbled through the tear as well.” Hopefully the same could be said for the rest of the family. Heaven knew where his children or sisters were at. His smile fell once he spotted the change in her; now something was really wrong here. Moliira and fear mixed about as well as whiskey and swimming at the same time. If she was acting like this, then it had to be a serious matter. Blaine stared right at her as the words slipped out from her mouth. “Counterpart? What the hell? What do you mean by counterpart?” Was there another Moliira running about, having Krys as her prisoner or something. The very thought of two of them made him groan inwardly; it would only mean double the trouble. Unfortunately he could figure that the other one wouldn’t be up for fun and games.

“Great, so in order to go save Krys’ ass, we got to find you. The other you I mean. And if she’s anything like you, this is going to be a challenge.” Who knows how long she planned on keeping him before she either got bored or fed up with him…and then what? He wasn’t about to explain to his niece as to why her father wasn’t coming home anymore. His own wolf was surging with anger, readying to find this counterpart and do what it took to get his brother back. After Moliira got done instructing her creatures, Blaine walked over to her side and turned his head to face her. “That’s why I’m here. The tea and crumpets can wait until later.”Despite the jest, his own face was filled with seriousness, knowing the situation could turn dire if they didn’t find Krys fast. “This Dalanesca…I take it she will be able to help us track him down?” He didn’t know who she was, but he prayed that the three of them could locate the alpha.  

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
She felt that enough time had passed since she had met Moliira, or the Storm Wolf as she had been referred to, in the cemetery, that she could go to her realm and see her once more.  Something gave her a feeling that now was the proper time for such a visit, though she could not quite place what it was.

It took a moment, but she managed to remember the way that the drow had described to her to enter the realm.  It had been about two days journey to Virens forest, but she had recalled that the entrance to the realm needed a forest, or something along those lines - her head had been mildly foggy on that evening in which she had made Moliira’s acquaintance.

Her eyes scanned the area, and when she was completely sure she was alone, she withdrew a small dagger from a sheath at her waist.  Without hesitation, she drew the blade across her palm and gashed the skin.  Kneeling upon the ground, she pressed the wound into the soil.  Rocks bit into her palms but she did not wince.  Quietly, she whispered the words that she knew she would need to speak, closing her eyes - and when she opened them again, she knew that it had worked.  

She stood, no longer on the forest floor but now atop a vast, rolling heath, and couldn’t help but draw in a deep breath.  Moliira hadn’t offered her any further information on what to do upon arriving in her realm, but she assumed that the drow had something figured out for when she arrived.  She took a few steps, her eyes gazing about the beauty that surrounded her, and she began to truly understand what it was Moliira encompassed.

She closed her eyes, drawing in another breath, and when she opened them, a shadow-wolf stood directly in front of her.  She blinked, standing stock still for a moment, unsure of whether the creature was friend or foe - but it gave off some sort of presence that put her at ease, and with that she knew that it belonged to Moliira.

Something crackled, and she and the shadow-wolf blinked from view, only to reappear in another place altogether.  She blinked, again, choosing not to be confused, but only to view her surroundings, and she could make out two figures nearby - one of which appeared to be Moliira, and the other she was unsure of. 

She moved closer to them, hoping that her sudden appearance would not startle Moliira, but assuming that she was aware of her impending arrival.  She began to make out the voices as she neared, and heard the other - the male - speak her name.  She was close enough now to call out, and chose this time to do such. 

”Um, I’m Dalanesca,” she said.  ”I told Moliira I would assist her, so… yeah, guess I’m your girl,” she said, moving slightly closer to the two.  She hadn’t been entirely sure what Moliira was going to have her assist with, but she was more than willing to help the drow as the drow had been more than willing to help her.  ”Good timing on my part, huh?” she said, with a cheeky smile.  She cast her gaze toward the man who was unknown to her, in hopes that his identity would be made apparent.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
Shaking her head, she had almost forgotten how many children that her brother had.  It was far more than she would ever want to keep up with.  Her two boys were bad enough at times.  She nodded when he mentioned that Krys couldn't have gotten too far, but the question was where…  Then the terrible thought struck her.  She didn't answer Blaine until the summoned creatures had left to find their marks.  "Some of us have someone who lived here before Daeluin began to fall apart.  Another self that lived a separate life.  Some have merged willingly, others… not so much.  And you're right.  My counterpart… is my self had I not met you and Krys.  Evil, without any morals, and a vampire to boot," she explained.  Nodding when he mentioned saving Krys' ass being a challenge, it did bring a smile back to her face for a brief moment.  "When has anything involving the three us of not been a challenge?" she asked, feeling a bit of relief.  At least Blaine was quickly on board.

She nodded at the question, and waited a few moments to explain.  It did not take Dalanesca too long to appear with them, and the situation was easier to explain.  "Exactly, and thank you for coming, Dalanesca.  This is my brother by blood, Blaine.  You are both good hunters, and I wish that we had more time.  But I need you both to help me.  I've figured out where my counterpart is.  And you two will drive her to me," she explained quickly.  Her first elemental had not returned yet, so she took a few moments more to explain the rest of her plan. 

"She is in Kurayo somewhere.  My elementals are hunting her exact location.  Get her outside of the city, and into the wilds.  And I can take care of the rest," Moliira said, a slightly cruel smile on her face.  It was time to end this, and she had a good idea of just what would happen.  Then the owl reappeared, and Moliira nodded.  Sketching out a map in the dirt, she showed the other two just where her counterpart was.  "The sky there does not change too much, but it is daylight now.  The only time she will be really vulnerable.  Ready?" she asked, the eagerness to go on a hunt showing in her voice.  It was now or never.

A shimmering gate opened, showing Kurayo in its twilight splendor and she motioned for them to step through.  they were in an abandoned garden, the last place Moliira would see them until the hunt concluded.  "The owl will show you where she is.  Safe hunting.  I will be there, at that silvery tree," she said, pointing beyond the city borders.  It was up to them now.

Blaine Wintercrest

Character Info
 Oh, he was getting too old for this. Chasing after Krys’ hide and trying to save it yet again… he could swear that his children didn’t get into much trouble as their uncle did. As far as he knew, of course. If what Moliira was staying was true about the differences in her doppelganger, then the situation was even more serious. “Why kidnap him? Does she even know who he is if she’s never met us? What’s holding him going to do for her?” Blaine could only wonder how long he could remain alive until she got frustrated, bored or simply wanted to kill him. “I suppose never”, he retorted as he became more restless, waiting on the help she had sent out for.

TIme had passed by quickly before Dalanesca arrived and he looked her up and down to get a feel for her.  She seemed suited for the job and if Moliira placed her trust into her, then it had to be the real deal; the drow was similar to him in that they didn’t give their trust to a lot of people. She had already made his introduction and he nodded. “Pleasure, Dalanesca. Though I didn’t wish the circumstances were better.”

He turned and listened to the deity, the plan sounded simple enough, but he wasn’t about to believe the plan would go without a hitch. Especially with her other side involved in the equation. “We’re going to have to do this as swift as possible. Likely, she’ll have something in the waiting for trespassers should they stumble onto her grounds. Traps…elementals…who knows.” He looked over to Dalanesca, “But we will have to get her away from Krystopher and from there, it should be easier to goad her out of there, provided that we don’t get our throats slit before we see the blade coming.” There was no telling what would be come of her should the plan bear fruit; the only indication was that of Moliira’s smile. Would she force the merger, or settle for slaining her counterpart? The thought stayed in his mind as he nodded for the okay before the gate was summoned. Crossing over, his feet get the ground and he stood in front of the garden. From that moment on, his senses were on high alert and his sword hand rested on the hilt. He could smell the faint scent of his kin draped about the area, but nothing visual. He was likely deeper into this garden, if anything. “Remind me to give Krys a kick on his rear for this”, he muttered beneath his breath. “Yeah, we have this. You’ll be given a signal when we have her on our tails, mainly that of cursing while she’s trying to kill us.” Once that was done, he gestured with his other hand, allowing his partner to lead. “Ladies first. We should be fine as long as we stick together and not let her separate us at any point.”

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
She offered Blaine a smile, feeling the same sentiment - meeting someone new under such dire circumstances was never the best choice.  She did not know this man, but her strange trust in Moliira led her to trust him as well, especially when Moliira made mention that he was her blood sibling.  Her further explanation on his character and persona was good enough for her.  ”Pleasure’s mine,” she said, offering him a quick smile, before turning her attention back to the matter at hand.  Moliira offered them a brief explanation before conjuring a shimmering portal for them, through it she could see what must have been Kurayo, according to what Moliira had told her.

She nodded at the drow in acknowledgment of what she had said, and turned her attention to Blaine.  ”We are probably at an advantage,” she added, a soft smile on her face.  ”I’m unknown to her, as far as I know,” she said, but she was unsure how true this was.  Moliira - the Moliira that she had met in the cemetery, anyway - had some recollection of her, and Dalanesca of her as well, so there was a chance that her other half would possibly recognize her as well.  ”She shouldn’t recognize me,” she said to Blaine.  ”Gives us an upperhand, I guess,” she added with a shrug of her shoulders.  She followed him through the portal, and took a glance around the garden that they now stood in.

She was unsure who Krystopher was, as Moliira hadn’t given her much backstory at all on the situation - Dalanesca had chosen to just trust her word.  ”Not sure who he is, but I’ll be sure to remind you,” she quipped, having caught his comment that he had nearly inaudibly whispered.  She let out a nervous bit of laughter at his comment about their lives being put up for grabs, but figured that the jesting tone was his own way of dealing with such a situation.  

When he offered for her to lead, she shrugged and took a few steps, not sure of the direction.  She eventually slowed to a stop and turned to face him.  ”You know, it would probably make more sense for you to lead us,” she said, in complete seriousness.  ”You seem to have a keener grasp on the situation as a whole, I think Moliira just wanted me for my skills,” she said, feeling a tiny swell of pride in her chest - it seemed that the tricks she had learned as an assassin would most definitely come in handy in finding this… other half of the drow.  ”I appreciate the equality, but ladies first might not be the most pertinent idea for this situation… in fact, it may be considered detrimental,” she added.  It was obvious that she did not want to admit that she had literally no idea how to find what, rather who, they were looking for… or that she had no idea where they were in general.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
[This post is being written as the Revaliir Moliira, not the one you all know and love.]

She was being hunted, and it was a deeply uncomfortable sensation.  It was not wholly clear to her just when the change had occurred, when she had been pushed from her home by this… impostor.  Her lovely, silent palace of webs was gone, replaced by open fields under the stars.  Her assassins had fled, seeking other opportunities.  And she couldn't entirely blame them.  But that left her in a predicament.  The vampiric drow had fled to one of her safehouses in Kurayo to plot her next moves.  The biggest problem was that she wasn't even sure that she could dispatch her doppelganger. 

But then something wholly unexpected had happened.  She came across someone who smelled almost like her, and somehow not.  there was something wild about that scent, not the dead, sanguine essence of her own scent.  But it was when the lycan male called her by name did Moliira put the pieces together.  She had knocked the male out, and probed his mind for whatever she could find.  Though her mental talents were not great, she was careful enough to make sure he did not know what she had done.  When he was awake, they spoke.  Though Moliira did most of the speaking.  And she learned quite a bit from this Krystopher.  The thought that she would ever consent to the filthy blood of a wolf joining her own made her blood boil.  It was even worse that she had gien her body over to this tainted man-wolf being.  And with that knowledge, she knew that she would have to kill her doppelganger. 

But it seemed that her prey had come to her.  The fallen deity had contacts all over the city, and it was a creature of shadow that brought her the best news.  It was watching what appeared to be a copy of herself, though with scars and a strange scent.  The odd thing was that they could not sense each other, almost as if they cancelled each other's existence out in a manner.  She sent the little creature on its way, and stepped out of her safehouse.  And it was there she saw a pair, and a male who smelled enough like her captive to make her aggressive.  Plus it had been quite some time since she had fed.  The girl looked rather tasty. 

"Well, well now.  I see that I have visitors.  There is only one question from me.  Which one of you dies first?" she said, flashing a grin filled with sharp teeth.  Instinct took over, and she lunged for the female.