Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > The Hollow Cradle > No Regrets [p:r]
Caitlin

Character Info
Name: Caitlin McKenna
Alignment: CN
Race: Human-demon Hybrid
Class: Mage
Silver: 277
It wasn't hard to tell that she had given the demon lord something to think about, and Caitlin was proud of that.  It was clear he had been around for quite some time, and Xunatar must have seen a great many things.  But her simple statement had still given him pause for thought.  But he in turn gave her something to think about.  "Small villages like mine, I think there is too much work to be done to even really consider a revolt of any kind.  You have one or two powerful people at the top, like the man who was to be my father-in-law, and they make sure everyone is cared for just well enough, but there's still just enough to do that everyone is too occupied.  I was different… my father was a merchant, and he traveled.  He told me about the world beyond the village, and that doesn't happen very often," she explained, it was the best way to get the thoughts out of her head and sorted out.

Her face dropped a little when he mentioned a price, there was one that she had already paid.  Caitlin knew she could never return home, never see her brother and mother again.  And there was blood on her hands, but she had accepted those prices so far.  "I know.  And I've already paid.  At least part of the price," she said with a crooked smile.  Caitlin knew it was likely there were still prices yet to be found, but she would face that when when the time came.  But her face brightened again when he approved of her thoughts, and she decided there that would be her philosophy in the future.  It had carried her far, and she had a feeling it would be a good one to continue.

And she knew the Academy would be difficult for her to get into, but she was determined.  When Xunatar said he had a thought as to something that would help them both, Caitlin was more than willing to listen.  "Tell me, please!  I have the feeling what you want to do will take some people who deserve it down a few notches, given your reputation," she said, her smile turning slightly malicious.  It was only natural, she had been at the bottom of the pile for too long, and wanted to bring some down from their lofty posts.

You and me and the Devil makes three…
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
The god suppose that given time and her smarts, Caitlin would be able to rise through her small town mindset and see the bigger, broader picture. What good was freedom is she was still internally shackled? No, she would rise or she would fall- it was as simple as that in his eyes. The demon looked to where, his face emotionless but his eyes were intrigued when she was well aware of what sort of tribute she would have to pay for her escape from the mundane life set out for her by her family. There were many that absolutely couldn’t bare to deal with the price for the things that their hearts yearned for and would let the opportunity slip through their fingers like sand. The girl wasn’t like that- in fact the reason she came here was to demonstrate that.

“I believe you. Had you not accepted the consequences, you surely wouldn’t have paid, thus being able to show up at my door.”

The god was known for his flair, and this time would be no different as he conjured a simple looking apple. But to those with demon heritages, they would be able to spot vile energies seeping from it. In Caitlin’s case, she would be able to as well because of her connection. “Perhaps. Perhaps not. Of what I wish for is of no concern at the moment. Right now, it is yours my dear. If you really want to get into the Academy then take the apple…and eat it. From there, I will explain my plan further to you. But you may know this- when you do consume it, you will be blessed for a lack of a better word with some of my power. But you will have a time period to get to the school and reach the headmaster. Until it runs out, they will not be able to find lies beneath your words."

He held the apple towards her in the palm of his hand, “But it might be better to be modest and not overdo it with your deceit. They may try and test you on whatever you speak to them in the future. The Academy is known for being relentless in that fashion.”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*