Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > The Hollow Cradle > A wrinkle in the fabric, a change in the pattern[O]
Veris

Character Info
Name: Veris Seraph
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Conman
Silver: 57
"My lord," veris began. "I have one purpose in this world, one wish that drives me to greater heights." His eyes shone excitedly. "To bring down the rulers of these lands, set them at each others throats, and relish in the chaos that ensues. I wish for the power to ensnare my enemies in a web of lies, and bring them to their knees by their own hands." Veris knelt and bowed his head all the way to the floor. "I humbly beseech thee, Let me be your sword and your shield, your faithful lieutenant, and none will dare stand against you." Veris' heart pounded with anticipation. What would the God's answer be? He clenched his teeth and closed his eyes, awaiting xunatar's response.

Veris' guide to deception
1: make friends in high places
2: keep their glasses full and their lips loose
3: make yourself indispensable to them
4: learn things they would rather keep secret
5: pit them against each other
6: reap benefits
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
Ah yes, it was no surprise that he was after some sort of strength and power beyond his comprehension. The god had seen many cases like this before, before and after his divinity. As a former crossroads demon, Xunatar had bore witness to many that claimed that they could wield power efficiently, but ultimately the odds were against them. Not that he didn’t savor those moments where their corruption and greed destroyed them from the inside. Would Veris be any different? It was hard to say but the odds, like with the others, were against him.

The lord thought for a good moment, considering what to do for his latest visitor. “You swear that you will uphold what I seek to bring to this world, yet I will be frank. Power, should I grant you it, will be earned not merely gifted." He approached carefree and materialized a piece of parchment on one hand and a quill in another. “However, your venture here has earned you a chance to receive what you came for. To swear undying loyalty to me and in exchange, you will become an agent of havoc and artifice. You will prove your worth, my boy.”

Offering him the quill, he would notice that wasn’t a drop of ink at its sharp end. “You will sign, but not with ink.” He smiled with his sharp teeth exposed. “Blood. Your blood will be the only thing that will grace the contract. It’s to make sure that our deal’s binding, just in case you do not uphold your end of it." Cold blue eyes darkened as they narrowed dangerously at him. “I would suggest that you do keep your word to me. To the rest of the world, you may fool but I am the embodiment of deception itself. Should your promise be false, then I will strip you of all that I’ve given you… and then some for reparations.” 

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Veris

Character Info
Veris gave xunatar a cold and calculating smirk. "I wouldn't have it any other way." He said, then proceeded to slit his wrist, dipping the pen into the rivulets of blood that emerged and signing the scroll in long, flowing script: νєяιѕ ѕєяαρн. The scroll dissapreared in a puff of smoke, and veris knelt before the god of deception. "How may I serve you, lord xunatar?"

Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
And with that, their deal was sealed and binding. There was confident that reeked from Veris as he proceeded to oblige and sign the contract with his blood. He looked like the sort that was willing to do anything possible to achieve his goal- in this case, he was practically signing a deal with the devil himself. Xunatar turned the paper over to see his name just before it disappeared from sight. The White Kitsune then turned his attention to his newest servant, his eyes lingered with dark meaning behind them and a ghost of a smile formed. "Rise, Veris" The command was said with great leisure from him as he considered what exactly he would gifted him with. 

"The best way of ruining people is to use what they love the most, above all else…" He smiled, again revealing those pearly canines of his as he brought a hand forth to Veris' forehead before an eruption of power surged through him. The overwhelming course of power was great, enough to shake the foundation of a strongly built man. "Use their pride against them. After all, pride comes before the fall, my dear man. Lure and seduce their egos and they will bend the knee for you, Veris. It is a lesson I have learned centuries ago."

Releasing his hand, the lord wave it up, causing the air around them to stir and change into smoke. From there, the smoke soon took a rather peculiar formation into that similar to a map of Canelux. "In time, I will send you, my agent, to start our campaign of madness upon the world. The first to feel this will be…" Sliding finger against his chin, Xunatar lightly tapped it a few times in thought before he pointed to the island of Egjora. "Ah, yes. This little perfect island, covered in a blanket lined with the gold and coins of the merchants. Yet, their power, their control, it's all a lie. They believe themselves to be kings, some as gods even. They live in blasphemy and it will provide you plenty of opportunities to ruin them."

[OOC: check your inventory.]   

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Veris

Character Info
" it will be done, my lord." Veris said humbly. As He bowed and turned to walk out, A grim smile appeared on his face. The nobles would soon see their own folly, for The day of their reckoning was at hand. A cruel laugh escaped his lips as he pushed the huge double doors of the throne room open, before they shut behind him with an ominous boom. Veris seraph had been reborn, and despair would come to all who irked his new master.