Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > The Hollow Cradle > Cures and Herbalism [P/R]
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
When his grandchild’s was first announced, the god had elected to not see her so soon. After all, there was no point in overwhelming the poor thing when it was thrust into a new world with people she didn’t know. Let the parents and frantic masses have their time with her, while he would further indulge into his own affairs. But he knew that sooner or later he would have to make his appearance if not for himself, then for his lover. Scarlett was quite interested in his children, for reasons that went unknown and unquestioned on his part. He didn’t hide away the truth that he had plenty of them over the course of his life, some that were before her time and some after they had parted. Oh, he wouldn’t lie to her about the matters of family, nor did he when he told her that he was expecting his granddaughter anytime soon.

When he felt like the time was appropriate, he leisurely made his way towards the room where Eldora and Estelle were resting and being watched over by Steele, he’d presumed. But as he made his way, he called for Scarlett. His voice would echo into her mind.

“Days have passed since the birth. Now that all the fussing over her may have died down, perhaps you’d be interested in joining me in seeing Estelle.”

The White Kitsune would eventually make it to the door but he wouldn’t open it until she was there with him. When everything was ready, he opened it but not before taking notice of the smell from across the way. The room opposite of theirs carried the recognizable scent of that damned drug his children concocted to achieve highs that mere mortals weren’t suppose to fall under. “Likely Rize and Dante, knowing those two…them and their Pixie Dust… “ It wasn’t hard to see through Dante’s eyes that his suspions were correct, but there was also Lotus and it looked like she had been affected the most from the drug. Sighing, he stepped into the room and found his son turning to see him and Scarlett. “Father…Scarlett, is it?” He gave a nod of respect before stepping aside as the lord made his way over to the baby. He smelled Angela’s distinguishable scent as well, unsurprising that she played a role in the delivery.  “And the cycle continues. I assume that this means that your end of the bargain has finally been fulfilled. Congratulations on that and of your daughter’s birth.  

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Fireheart

Character Info
Name: Scarlett Al'teran
Alignment: CN
Race: Fire Genasi
Class: Artificer Alchemist
Silver: 3152
The Alchemist was busy, as per usual. When she wasn't filling the Kitsune's bed she was being a good little artificer and actually working. This particular day she had decided to make herself scarce what with all the hubbub being caused by Eldora going into labor. The last thing she wanted any of them to endure at this point was a magical mishap caused by the jolt of a hand when upset by the sounds of a woman giving birth. It wasn't merely consideration for her lover that made her do this, it was a sense of self-preservation: magic liked to go awry when things were done with precision. 

While she wasn't exactly painting an alchemical circle or mixing a potion, she was cutting the trailing threads off the stitch work she had been putting on what would eventually be her work bag that would be able to carry anything and everything she wanted in it. As Xunatar's voice echoed through her mind rather abruptly as she was so very focused on her work, her hand slipped, the razor sharp shiv slicing through one of her fingers. If the Kitsune cared to listen to her response, he would probably be amused by the string of curses she uttered both audibly and mentally in Primordial. 

With a hiss lifted her goggles and put them on top of her head before she looked at her injured hand. It would heal, but she wouldn't be doing any minutia for a time. She found a clean piece of gauze and wrapped her bleeding hand before she tossed her work haphazardly onto the work bench and stood up for a nice stretch. She might have looked a little lazy with her feet propped up on her work bench as she had been, but it all added to the focus.

Heaving an almost exasperated sigh, she snuffed out the lantern and opened the door to her work room in Baltil and re-entered the Cradle. She didn't want to keep Xunatar waiting. 

She joined him outside the door where he was patiently waiting for her, her goggles still propped up on her mass of curly red hair. She smiled affectionately at the Kitsune as she came up beside him and placed a light kiss on his cheek. 
"Sorry to have kept you waiting," she said. She wrinkled her nose as the smell, and her hair blazed slightly. "That stuff is flammable," she commented. "Would make a great ignition source…"
She straightened up as they stepped into the room and regarded Xunatar's son easily. She had heard a lot about Steele, and Eldora too. She bowed her head in acknowledgement. "Nice to officially meet you, Steele," she said before she watched Xunatar move over to the bed and look at the infant girl. The Fire Genasi followed him and regarded the absolutely beautiful creature that was there. 

"Wow…" she said almost reverently.
Eldora

Character Info
Name: Eldora Norcross
Alignment: LN
Race: Rosenite
Class: Oracle of Arri
Silver: 1502
Eldora was sitting with Steele and admiring their baby when she saw Steele’s attention snap away. It wasn’t often these days that his attention drifted from Estelle that easily. When her blue eyes lifted up she saw exactly why. It was Xunatar with his new rumored lover, his queen so to speak. Her head tilted softly as she examined the girl. “A genasi?” She blinked a bit. “I haven’t met one of you since Furtuna.” She was curiously musing. “Furtuna is my cousin and quite a renown sky pirate in Parvpora.”

Once Xunatar was up to her she uncovered Estelle for him to see so that they had a good look at her. Estelle fussed now as she felt the warmth of her starry blanket go away and peaked up her blue eyes. They were so alive as they looked between the two of them. “Aye, with the birth of Estelle I am free of the burden put on me by the council. Not that it will matter soon… I saw something quite amusing after Estelle was born. But still, she is quite the gift.”

Estelle’s skin had become to lightly darken more like her mother’s in the few days she had been born. Faster than most babies tended to since that happened normally over months. It was probably due to Angela’s presence the past few days. The head of black curly wisps of hair moved as she fussed. “She’s beautiful isn’t she Scarlett?”

Eldora was able to quell the squirming fuss bucket of a child so that her grandfather could see her. “Would you like to hold her?” She offered the child up to the Fox and Scarlett. “She is quite lovable while in her blanket.” With that Eldora carefully swaddled the little bundle unless they wanted to hold her as was.

How I hate what I have become
Take me home
Get away, run away, fly away
Lead me astray, to dreamer's hideaway