Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Circulorum Inferni > Babes in Toyland (Not so much) [P]
Iva

Character Info
Name: Iva
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Young Seer
Silver: 639
Iva had been watching De’Zhelis since they arrived in the Greed Circle. She could see that he was entranced by the many trinkets the circle had to offer. “Stay strong for my brother… Please.” She could see that he was saddened by the loss of such things. “These things pale in comparison to our lives.”

Once she had heard the voice it startled her and she showed this by almost visibly jumping out of her skin. Even Hazel jumped and hid behind Iva as they turned to see Dalanesca. “Auntie Dal!” Iva was so glad to see her. “I hoped you would find us here!” She was so relieved and for a moment she lost the words to say what happened. “We were visiting my grandparents on the edge of Adeluna, my human ones from my father. We wanted to show Hazel another city because she has only been in Sularia but when we got there all hell had broken loose literally. We were trying to hide from people when two people started to fight near Hazel. Ro went to save her and ended up with one of the syringes in him.”

She rubbed her arm a bit as the shock from the look Dalanesca gave her wore off. Hazel looked shyly at Dalanesca as if she had lost her voice but Iva spoke up. “She’s Rohan’s friend. I don’t know if you are familiar with Bryony the oracle but she is her mother. This is De’Zhelis, he’s trapped in your circles for some reason. He’s been helping us get Rohan to you. We would have never come here if we didn’t think it wasn’t necessary. I wasn’t sure if Mama could heal something like this since you two are a cycle so we chanced coming here to see you because Ro was short on time. Honest Auntie Dal we didn’t mean to get him sick.”

Hazel frowned and reached over to take Rohan’s hand again. “It’s my fault, Mama and Papa say that I can’t fight normal people or defend myself because I could hurt them.” Her possessed shadow swirled and snaked but she stomped her foot seemingly on it to get it to stop. “Mr. Jack is really dangerous and Mama and Papa said absolutely not to hurt anyone but I had to hurt people here to get Rohan help…” For a moment she grimaced. “You don’t think Mama and Papa will be angry do you?”

The squid plushie in the girl's arms began to move and she looked down. “No Mr. Jack you’ve caused enough damage today. Behave!” The squid hissed up at her and squeezed the plush to her. “Don’t you talk to me like that again. I’ll throw you into a hot pot of water and no one would save you, not even Ro.” The squid made a distressed sound and Hazel nodded. “Now be a good squid and be quiet.”

Iva slinked over to her aunt. “Hazel is kind of possessed by that thing. Mama put it in the plushie so it didn’t completely take over. They are figuring out how to get rid of it. Speaking of silly things though.” She came back out around in front of her aunt once she was done whispering. “Someone trapped De’Zhelis down here… do you think you could let him go since he isn’t really dead? He did help us.”

OOC: Brittlez :D
DeZhelis

Character Info
Name: De'Zhelis
Alignment: CG
Race: Cursed Razorclaw Shifter
Class:
Silver: 227
"I haven't touched anything yet," De'Zhelis growled grumpily at her. "Why do you think BOTH my hands are currently engaged in holding onto your brother?" he asked her, indicating to how his hands hand clamped firmly on to Rohan as he carried him. "It just… hurts my soul. All that gold could do a lot of people I know some good," he said with a bit of a grimace. "Myself included… well, maybe not since I'm stuck down here…" he murmured as they traversed the bridge. 

The sudden appearance of the dark woman, and the eerie softness of her voice was enough to make the hair on the back of De'Zhelis's neck stand on end, and the white wolf ears that stuck out of the white mess flicked back as a wolf's might when they sense danger. He remained a respectful distance from the Goddess of Death and her godchildren since he really wasn't of any consequence to someone like her. He bowed his head respectfully when Iva introduced him, and didn't move again until Dalanesca insisted that he hand Rohan to him, which he did in a hurry. He didn't want to get on her bad side. He watched her in fascination as she held Rohan's trembling, manically giggling frame to her, his ears perked forward at the strange language she whispered, and after a moment, the shaking and the giggling ceased and Rohan went limp, his breathing become more even and the black lines creeping over his skin became a little less visible. He still looked in a bad way, but he at least stirred slightly as he was handed back to De'Zhelis. 

De'Zhelis smiled sheepishly, his face turning very red in the presence of the Goddess as Iva explained his situation to her. "There's nothing silly about being cursed and trapped in hell…" he muttered under his breath, clearly embarrassed by his situation, his ears laying flat against his head and he tried to make himself look as small as possible. 

Rohan, in the mean time, stirred, and opened his bloodshot eyes. "Iva?" he asked weakly, clearly confused. He saw and felt Hazel's hand in his and he squeezed it weakly. "Where are we? Auntie Dal? What are you doing here?" he asked. He realized he was being carried and he poked De'Zhelis in the head. "And who are you?"

"Oi, watch the ears," De'Zhelis growled slightly as he pulled his face away from Rohan's hand.