Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Circulorum Inferni > For Those Unable to Do... [P]
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
From within the confines of Domus Tenebris, Dalanesca let out a soft chuckle.  The male of the pair that stood before the palace was correct - she had been able to follow their progress since they first entered Porta Inferni.  In fact, she could see the progress of all who entered the realm, following them as she so pleased.  She paid much more attention to the ones that came much closer to the end of the Circles than those who perished in the first few.  

The pair would have been able to enter the manor without Dalanesca's express permission, but they would have only found hostile denizens within.  The Mutes - those who had either had their tongues cut out or their mouths sewn shut - could sense whether or not the goddess has expressed a welcome to anyone within Domus Tenebris.  

She found herself curious to find out what drew the two to venture through the Circles to reach her- were they simply seeking her mercy to lift the curse that had fell on Adeluna?  She had sensed a third presence with the two, giving way to the knowledge that the female was with child - a tricky situation for oneself to walk the Underworld in.  Curiosity brought her out of the palace and into the area in which the pair stood.

There was nothing overly extravagant about the goddess as she stepped into their view.  Her hair was long and waved, black in color, and her clothing made of black leather and lace.  Her eyes were a bit ethereal, glowing a bright, icy blue as they looked the pair over.  "Come to beg my mercy, like the others?" she asked, having decided she was not in the mood for formalities this day.  "I'm not easily swayed… but please, do tell me what has brought the two - three? - of you, to the Underworld?"

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

AevumEternity

Character Info
Name: Hakon Kilandre
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mounted Paladin
Silver: 57
Hakon paused atop the Hippogryph, gazing at the woman in stunned silence for a moment. Never in all her life had she expected to hear a god, let alone see and meet one in person. Her breath caught in her throat, decades of training to grovel before divine powers and serve them at the cost of her life suddenly came crashing upon her. The Paladin froze, her lips parted in stunned silence before her vicious side, the side that had caused her to nearly single-handedly win a civil war. Hakon straightened, resting one hand over her stomach as her other grasped Ansgar's featered mane. Shortly, swiftly, she bowed her head before locking her eyes upon the Goddess of the Circles.

" Goddess Dalanesca of the Inferni, we have traveled here… Risked our future child in your trials in order to request the release of the population from the effects of the Sanguine Tenebris." She spoke clearly, powerfully as much as she was able," We do not come to beg, but to cordially request your assistance in quelling this plague." 

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Name: Aven Kilandre-Alveron
Alignment: TG
Race: Dark Human/Shadow
Class: Scion of Dark Matter
Silver: 536
Aven's eyebrow raised at the figure before them. It seemed the Gods of this new world held ceremony in no great regard, as Dalanesca was the second God he'd met to prefer a simple human form. Personally, he found that method more respectable, anyway: lording one's status was completely unnecessary in their own realm. Anyone foolish enough to spurn the hospitality of the God in question could be dealt with in the blink of an eye, if that.

Avwn was glad that Hakon found her words, though Aven felt compelled to add his own clarification. Clearly, they were not the first to plea on Adeluna's behalf, this he expected they'd need to use reason if any progress was to be made. Those icy eyes of Dalanesca's form held no sympathy for the weak, he knew that at a glance.

Aven performed a gentlemanly bow, sweeping his arm across his chest, before straightening once more, speaking in a cordial manne, not a single glimmer of accusation or disrespect. "Assuming the fact you've already procured our names, we can skip straight to the issue at hand. I haven't all the details on motivation for both sides of this issue, though I'd go out on a limb to say the end result was not your intention. Be that as it may, I can partially understand how difficult this matter is to view from the perspective of the Gods." He turns his right palm up. "The near sighted and fallible nature of humans is obviously to blame for this incident: the avarice of the distributor, the foolishness of those who partook. Humans chase comfort, even to the extreme, and thus the allure of the Sanguine Tenebris can be easily understood, but that brings us to another fact." He raised his left hand in the same fashion as the right. "As the ruler of the Inferno, certainly you understand the downfalls of man better than any mortal or immortal ever could. You witness their vices destroy them day in and day out, and know exactly what makes them tick. Therefore, the idea that you could not have known this situation was a possibility from the start is far-fetched to me, from a logical standpoint."

Aven takes a breath, exhaling slowly. It could be assumed that the man had conversed by with numerous higher beings before now. "All that being said, we do not come here asking you to forgive their folly for the sake of those who gave in to temptation. The crux of the matter is even those who have not partaken in the drug are now being affected adversely, the rampages of withdrawal wreaking havoc. Humanity may have its faults, but they are not all weak creatures: only some."

The Dark does not judge, will not forgive, and cannot save: such is my purpose.