Archive Home > Archives > 2017 Archives > Circulorum Inferni > Absolution...But For What? [Event, R]]
Story

Character Info
Name: Story
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Tulpamancer
Silver: 297
In Story's mind's eye stirred memories evoked by Dalanesca's words. Most dragons had no concept of ancient history; everything always remained remarkably fresh. Primordial beings like his kind were subject to this even more, for time was a concept perceived as one continuous stream….ebbing, flowing, and interweaving constantly, rather than being seen as an endless procession.

Hisses, growls, and jeering filled his ears. Mortal vampires, all from Malchiah's court had gathered in a large, musty, moonlit courtyard to witness a battle for the ages.
His proud brother had donned regal plate armor with golden trim, and paced around him, whirling twin scimitars threateningly. Always in humbly ragged, loose-fitting attire, Story stood passively, with mace and buckler in hand, but calmly at his sides. Held by two more of his kin among the crowd, icy blue eyes of a familiar face watched on in horror…

Eyes which stared back into his now, lovingly and pleadingly.

"Mm, oui…Foolish but always necessary,"
Story replied, trailing off with an odd tone. His voice suddenly seemed more gravelly than normal, and he bit at his lip, which had dried. He subconsciously held tighter to the goddess, and thoughtfully curled tresses of her hair about his fingers. "There is no reason that I would not wish for you to be near," he mused in that same puzzled tone. "I have never been afraid of what would come of things…but I believe that is because I was always so certain. Never before have I been so uncertain about things than I am in this moment. Not just being swept back into your arms, or Malchiah's return…just…everything. My own nature, and my own actions of late as well. All very disconcerting…"

The pair both seemed to tail off in conversation as one, but  Dalanesca was the first to speak again. Her request brought the closest thing to a deep blush that was possible upon the dark palette of Story's skin. He stepped back from her, but still held to her. His gaze intently studied hers whilste his hands gently caressed the backs of her arms. "Of course…" he uttered after a moment of silence. It was spoken in almost a whisper, as though he had merely thought it, and failed to catch it from passing his lips. His heart thundered rapturously in his chest, and he pulled her in for a kiss before clearing his throat.

"Yes…I accept. I know the way," he reiterated, this time more confidently. He kissed her once more, and his hands seemed wanton enough already, nearly traveling beyond the confines of mere affection as he touched her. Always a picture of poise and control, however, the dragon stopped himself, and flashed her a grin. Distant giggling of nearby succubi at witnessing this side of their goddess was not what centered his thoughts, though; it was a promise.

"This time….no running."

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
For the briefest of moments, worry flashed in Dalanesca's eyes.  Story's silence before answering her request, albeit brief, stirred a bit of panic in her.  Perhaps it had been the wrong time to ask such a thing of him?  Before she could apologize for being so forward, he had stepped back from her and spoken very soft words of agreement.  As he pulled her back to him and kissed her once more, she felt the quick thud of his heart in his chest as she pressed against him.  

No effort could keep the smile from her lips as he pulled away from her and agreed once more, her arms snaking themselves around him as he pulled her back in once more.  She let out a soft sound as she felt his touch roaming her arms and back, something more within it than the innocent affection of his previous caresses.  She could feel herself beginning to melt into his arms, though the feeling subsided as his touch left her and he looked at her with a bit of a grin. She did not necessarily find herself surprised at his abrupt cessation, but rather more discomforted by the sudden absence of it.  

She could hear the chittering laughter of the guardians of the circle off in the distance, and made a mental note to herself to deal with them when it would not cut into her time with Story.  The next words he spoke caused her to smile once again.  "I should very well hope not," she said.  With a quick movement, she managed to take one of his hands into her own, reaching into a small satchel attached to her waist with another.  She drew out a small black amulet, engraved with the nightshade sigil of Porta Inferni.  "Think of it as a tangible teleportation spell," she said, pressing the amulet into his hand and folding her fingers over his own to cause him to hold it.  "It will allow you passage to and from the realm without traversing the Circles.  I would just take you with me now, but there are a few things I must attend to before I can enjoy an uninterrupted evening.  But when it is nightfall in the mortal plane, I will be all yours.  This will get you out of the Circles, but it will also bring you back to the gates of Domus Tenebris."

She stood up on tiptoe and planted one last kiss on his lips, allowing her body to press against his own.  "Until tonight," she said, softly.  With that, she pulled away from him and turned, walking off quickly in the direction in which the guardians had gone, though before she reached the area she had shimmered from sight and was gone, having made her way back to her palace.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!