Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > The Blinded Scales > Fracture [P][Event]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Angela waved her finger and smiled. “If it were easy I would have asked a mortal.” She gave a wink and a nod before waiting for her bags of red clay to come. The bags were stacked in front of her and she appeared amused. The clergy looked tired as they put their shovels and extra bags down. “Thank you. You may rest now or watch what I’m about to do.”

“Still think you can create it on your own.”

“No, it would be tied to a deity. What we need is ties to a mortal realm to help fling Dal’s magic up there.” She pointed up to the crack and smiled. The clergy’s eyes opened as they understood her words finally.

“What do we need to do?”

“You? Nothing. You lot just stand back and let us handle it from here on out.” She looked over at Dal and noticed how tired she was. “You will be fine Young One.” From here on out Angela opened the sacks of clay and began to build what could only be described as a long cylinder.  It was pointing right at the crack.

Angela’s fingers got dirty at first but soon she was using her magic to form it and harden the clay. Giant flames came out of no where as Angela whistled. “Alright… Congratulations I’ve turned your realm into a giant kiln.”

Taking a few steps forward she held out her hands for the jar. “What I need you to do is not panic with what I’m about to do. The slightest bit of panic is going to make this cylinder back fire on all of us possibly killing Marth and Iva. I will forgive you for Marth but not for Iva.” The goddess glared for a moment but it was clearly as joke.

“Are you ready Dalanesca?”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
She watched Angela with interest as she commanded her clergy around, trying to figure out what the goddess had planned.  The clergy brought her many bags of red clay - the substance which she had requested from them.  The clergymen and clergywomen looked very tired - but Dalanesca imagined that they were nowhere near as weakened as she was feeling.  They asked the Triune Goddess what was needed of them and she told them they had accomplished what was needed, and to sit back and watch.

The reassurance that Angela offered Dalanesca, telling her that she would be fine, was not enough to relieve her of the stress the ordeal was putting on her.  She could feel her actual life draining from her body as she exerted all of the power she possibly could into the pot.  The swirling gray smoke was beginning to spill over the edges of the pot, but somehow stay contained at the same time.  

When Angela told her that she had turned the realm into a kiln, she looked confused.  Her eyes tried to find Marth weakly, but she had weakened to the point where she could barely turn her head.  She heard his voice, speaking to Iva, so she at least knew he was nearby.  “What do you mean, a kiln?” she asked.  She was so weak that she barely understood what was happening.

When Angela looked ready for the jar, Dalanesca slowly withdrew her hands and grasped the pot, handing it over to the earth Mother.  She fell to her knees on the ground and looked to Angela.  “What are you doing?” she asked.  How could she possibly know if she was ready without knowing what was going to happen?  “Marth’s safety - and moreso Iva’s - are a priority.  I am ready.  Tell me what I must do,” she said, her voice faltering slightly.  She was tired, but she knew that this was important for them to do.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela’s green eyes had wavered on the goddess, even thinking about not doing it. She looked weak, in truth she was sucking the very life force of the woman out. However, Angela had gauged the woman already to be able to deal with the events taking place. “A kiln is something a pottery maker puts his pots in and heats it up.” She smiled as she informed the girl.

Taking the jar Angela looked at it before creating a staircase made of trees. Humming softly as she worked she began to shake the pot. The contents of the magic began to pour out and when it began to float Angela squished it back down into the cannon. “No you don’t. No escaping for you.” She hummed softly as she threw the pot down and watched it break. There was not a drop of power left in it as she climbed back down.

“Oh, I’m going to rip a hole into the world and seal your problem up.” A smile came to her lips as explained. “You have to live through this. You are weak.” A potion came to her hands. “Drink this, this will keep you at least living for the next part. I infused it with my own power. I will grant you it enough to watch what I’m going to do. Mainly because I need a witness.”

Going to the very bottom of the cylinder she began to swirl her magic. It was drowning out all the sounds with its humming, no her magic was singing. It wasn’t nearly as large as Dalanesca’s but it didn’t need to be for this next part. The cylinder began to glow and horrid sounds came from within it as if explosions were happening up the tube.

The next thing that would come was a blinding light before they could see the giant mass of Dalanesca’s magic with Angela’s swirling around it. It looked like a projectile from hell as it shot up into the air. 

Upon hitting the sky, it not only sealed the rift but began to crumble the sky into oblivion. A new larger crack remained but Angela watched as Dalanesca’s magic was returned to her. The new hole was nothing something she was too concerned about. Looking down from the hole was a figure, short but Angela knew who it was.

“We’re even now!” She pointed to the figure. “Alright, fix it.” She ushered Dalanesca. “You did it, you fix it.” She was proud of Dal. “Won’t be that hard for someone who can shatter reality.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Dalanesca

Character Info
“I know what a kiln is,” she said offhandedly, managing to laugh a bit.  “I was more questioning as to why my realm needed to be turned into a giant kiln, but I think I am beginning to understand, at least partially,” she said.  She watched closely as Angela began to craft a staircase, finding it wonderfully amazing that it was made out of trees.  She wanted to laugh at the Goddess’s nonchalant attitude towards the magic, but the stress from the amount of power drawn from her body was quite literally killing her.

It seemed like Angela had crafted a cannon, but Dalanesca was uncertain as to what she was going to accomplish with it.  As though Angela could read her thoughts, she offered an explanation.  “You’re going to what?” she asked, though was silenced as Angela pushed a potion into her hands.  She drank it as Angela explained what it was, immediately feeling the Triune Goddess’s energy flowing through her.  “A witness?” she asked, managing to get back to her feet.

She watched in awe at first, which then turned to fear as she heard the sounds that Angela’s magic was making as it mixed with her own - suddenly a blinding light engulfed the two of them and shot forward into the air towards the sky, a ball of her own power encompassed with Angela’s.  The rift in Malum (and the one she had created in Sanctus) were sealed almost immediately, but a new tear appeared in the sky, and she could make out a figure, who Angela seemed to shout at angrily.

When Angela turned back to Dalanesca, the goddess looked bewildered for a moment.  “Shattered reality?” she asked, her eyes wide - though something inside of her told that she needed to focus her energy coupled with that she had temporarily received from Angela, and shot a bolt of pure power towards the tear in the, hoping it would accomplish its sealing - something told her that it was what she needed to do.  "I hope this is right," she called over the roar of the magic escaping her.

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
There were strange things afoot, and Moliira didn't much like any of it.  And it irritated the drow quite a bit when she couldn't figure out what exactly was going on.  There was something niggling at the back of her mind, like a secret trying to worm its way to the surface.  She was about to go visit Natsumi again when one of her clergy members came sprinting into the stone circle.  The young drow male's face was ashen, but he quickly told her of the chaos ensuing in Dalanesca's realm.  It seemed that was more pressing at the moment. 

Yanking on her boots, the drow quickly sketched a sigil in the air, opening a gateway for herself to Dalanesca's realm.  What she saw, and felt, wasn't exactly what she had expected.  It took a few long moments for her to take in the sites, to try and understand just was going on.  She wanted to ask Angela what exactly was going on, but that questioned remained unasked.  Natsumi had done… something, and Moliira had a feeling that she would not be seeing the odd fox-girl again.  It was sad, but there were times that the deities were quite transient. 

She spoke softly first to Angela.  "We have lost our brother.  I know that you feel it as well…" Moliira said, then turning her eyes to Dalanesca.  There was something subtly different about the Justicar, and it was likely that she did not even know it herself just yet.  But the drow couldn't help herself sometimes.  "Dalanesca, I would say it's fair to believe that you're picking on Mendean's slack.  Nicely done.  Need any help, Sister?" Moliira asked, her tone shifting only slightly.  There was a true offer of help in her voice, though the amusement lingered in her eyes.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Angela tilted her head towards Dalanesca and smiled. “Everyone needs a witness. In this instance so the Voice knows we’re even.”

After all hell broke loose Angela began to chip the red clay from her hands. “Conclave can be seen by mortals. They won’t be able to get in but they will be able to see it. There was no other way to fix your problem that I knew about. I figured that if we blasted enough energy not only would it fix your rift but shatter the magic hiding the Conclave.”

Looking over at Moliira the elder goddess took a sigh. “Godhood should not be an inherited thing. He was too young and we knew this.” Angela wasn’t trying to sass Mendean but he was a child in her eyes. 

Her eyes washed over Dalanesca and she moved with Moliira causing a smile to erupt on her face. “Maybe it is my magic in her Moliira? No, I doubt it.” Angela chuckled a bit. “I do believe that the Voice is liking your offering to help fix their realm.” A protective hand went over her baby belly as she thought about it. “Triune is three and we are few. We are the proud who stand to call the conclave when the time is near. We fix the problems that of which Mortals cannot. The gods listen to us like a lullaby sang from their mother’s lips.”

Angela’s fingers came up as she played with Moliira’s locks. “Do not murder me Sister. You have beautiful hair.” She fixed a strand and stared at Dalanesca. “One moment.” From there Angela sucked in all of her magic in the area. The Blinded Scales became wholly Dalanesca’s once more. The Triune goddess let out her first yawn. “I could use a nap now.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
Dalanesca

Character Info
When Dalanesca noticed Moliira’s arrival, she let out a weak smile.  Though her strength was rebuilding since she had stopped exerting so much energy into the urn that Angela had given, and the residual power she had received from Angela, she was still not feeling completely reenergized.  She gave the drow a quick nod to acknowledge her presence, but let her speak to Angela in peace for a moment.

When Moliira addressed her directly, she straightened up a bit.  “If that’s what you think, then I suppose that must be the case… though I do not know as to what slack of his I would be picking up… I don’t believe I ever even met Mendean before his departure,” she added, clearly not catching on to what Moliira was implying.  She raised an eyebrow briefly when the drow referred to her as ‘sister.’  She knew that the two were friends, but she had never been referred to as such by her before.  “Help?” she asked, and her eyes shifted to Angela.

The explanation of what she witnessed from Angela made sense, but she felt a mild wash of concern as the older goddess told her about mortals being able to see Conclave.  Part of her understanding was that unless summoned there, even the lesser gods could have difficulty attaining a glimpse of the Conclave… but apparently the power that had been created from combining her magic with Angela’s had been enough to at least momentarily reveal it.  

At that moment, Marth came over with Iva to check on her well being - when he was satisfied that she was going to make a full recovery, he offered his respects to both Moliira and Angela and removed himself from the situation once more.

When Angela moved to stand with Moliira, Dalanesca’s confusion escalated even further.  “Yes, I know what the Triune is f- wait, what do you mean, ‘we’?” she asked, narrowing her eyes at her fellow deities.  Angela seemed to be skirting the question, busying herself with Moliira’s hair for a moment.  In one swift motion, however, Dalanesca’s power took back over the realm as Angela withdrew all of her influence.

Dalanesca stood before the pair, her hands on her hips.  She felt slightly different, but she assumed it had been due to the immense stress that had been put on her - she was beginning to wonder if maybe, just maybe, it was something else.  “What are you two hiding from me?” she said, her eyes narrowing.  “Are you saying that - no, Angela, no nap for you, not until you tell me what’s going on!” she said.  She was not angered, merely frustrated that she did not understand what was happening - although it seemed she was beginning to have a fairly decent idea.  “What did you do to me, Angela?” she asked, her eyes narrowing further, though it was clear she was not actually upset.