Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > The Blinded Scales > A House of Black and White [go]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
The drow shook her head at the question, though she did not want to answer it just now.  "I think it would be better if you find those things out for yourself, rather than me telling you.  Perhaps I can fill in details later, but not now," Moliira said, a slight grin crossing her face.  She had never been known for making things easy on people, and she saw absolutely no reason to change that now.  And it seemed that Dalanesca wanted to find things out on her own.  Which was a relief to the drow.  While she could keep secrets for quite awhile, there were times that it got to be uncomfortable.

Her grin shifted to slightly wicked when Dalanesca asked what she should be doing.  "Quite frankly, you do whatever you wish to do.  Make them dance for you if they wish a private audience, if you so desire.  It's why I make people think hard about visiting my realm, they have to give a bit of themselves first.  Most don't realize what giving a bit of their own blood means," Moliira said, offering Dalanesca a bit of insight as to how her own realm operated.  The drow laughed, understanding the dislike of people.  "Why do you think I made my home a bit hard to get into?  I much prefer the company of the wolves and the fae creatures to most people," she said, amused that they shared that much in common.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180

Dalanesca nodded slowly in agreement with Moliira.  “You’re probably right,” she said, though her voice sounded a bit downtrodden.  “It’s a lot to process,” she said, though she was sure that Moliira could understand well enough.  Though it bothered her slightly that the drow seemed to know more about her past than she knew herself, she could understand why she did not want to share the information.  It was highly important that she found everything out in due time and on her own - but that did not make her like the situation any more.  “The hard part is knowing that there is, in fact, something to find out,” she said, and gave a bit of a laugh.  

She quirked an eyebrow at Moliira when her expression changed.  Dalanesca struggled to stifle a laugh at the comment the drow made about making those who sought audience with her dance if they wanted to see her.  “I had the pleasure of forgoing that step when you brought me to the WIldlands,” she said.  The task she had assisted Moliira with seemed so long ago - before she had ascended… and she now found herself wondering after those who had been involved as well.  “How are Krystopher and Blaine doing, anyway?” she asked, remembering the day well.  She had sustained quite an injury, but Moliira and some healers had gotten her patched up quickly.

Shifting back to the subject at hand, she chuckled again.  “I think I’ve been at least slightly creative,” she said, with a smirk.  “Depending on which side of the realm they choose to venture through, they’ve got to face their biggest fears - in Malum - or if they choose to go through Sanctus they’ll see that which they desire most.  One of my magistrates asked me why seeing something you wanted would make getting through difficult… I explained to her that it may draw them too far in… and they may not ever leave again,” she said, a glint of her darker side flashing in her eyes.  It would seem quite apparent that Dalanesca enjoyed having a mixture of both light and darkness as her persona now, and she knew that was important considering the position she held. 

“I’m thinking of changing a few things, here and there,” she said, with a bit of a smile.  “I like the way things are now, but I have come to see that I can change things here simply by thinking of it,” she said.  “And besides, can’t let things stay the same for too long, or I’ll get bored!” she said with a bit of a laugh, and took another sip of the wine that Moliira had brought.  “This really is good,” she said, with a smile.  

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
Moliira's own merging had been far from smooth, a massive rush of power and memories that had taken her a few weeks to sort out.  For her sake, the drow hoped that Dalanesca's recovery of that other self would be much smoother.  "Give it some time.  Then I will answer what questions for you I can.  I don't want you becoming overwhelmed like I was," she said.  It wasn't something that she liked to admit, but at least Dalanesca understood better than most.  She chuckled, and nodded.  "The curiosity should keep you focused, just don't let it get you in too deeply," she suggested.  Getting sucked into a void of memories could be quite dangerous.

The drow grinned.  "You already had earned my trust, so it was not a necessity.  And they are both well.  My brother recovered quickly, once we could get him to lay down for long enough.  Blaine's mate was… less than thrilled about his injuries, but I calmed her soon enough.  And Krys has a strong mind and will.  He needs to, putting up with me.  She could not break him, and his rest in Maral'hal has mended the damage," she said, obviously proud of her mate and brother both.  And there was amusement too, showing the genuine affection between herself and Krys. 

Listening to the finer details of her friends realm, that sounded quite interesting.  It sounded quite fitting, and the drow nodded.  Divinity was suiting her well, and Moliira had a feeling she would be around for quite some time.  "I don't think that everyone quite understands that there is good and bad in everything.  Seeing your greatest desire can lead you to ignore all else.  And facing your fears can make you stronger for the experience," Moliira said, approval in her voice.  She couldn't help but laugh at the idea of changing things randomly, that was something she tended to do just to amuse herself.  "You certainly have to keep people on their toes as well!  It wouldn't do for them to get lax," she said, unable to stop herself from encouraging a bit of chaos.

Pouring the rest of the bottle between them, Moliira smiled.  "My elvish cousins are quite the vintners, though they are selfish at times.  One of them owed me a favor though.  I found the nixies in her vineyard a new home, and she owed me a few cases of wine.  I think this is my favorite of them," Moliira said.  She had appreciated that the elvish woman had sought a peaceful solution, rather than kicked the far creatures from her land.  It had worked out well for all parties.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca let out a sigh, but nodded in agreement with Moliira.  “I do not think I am going to be overly well known for my patience,” she said, with a bit of a smile.  “I am not going to bombard you with questions - not yet, anyway,” she continued.  Her voice grew solemn for a moment.  “I think I have quite enough to think on as it is, without adding anymore to that equation.  I’ll save it for another time, I think,” she said, the solemnity leaving her voice.  It was clear that she was heeding the drow’s advice and attempting not to dwell on the information that she had realized, lest she find herself overwhelmed and unable to cope.

She found herself glad to hear Moliira audibly express her trust.  She assumed that having the trust of another deity, especially that of one of the Triune, was a good thing to have - but she also was growing to view Moliira as a friend, and she found those few and far between as of late.  She smiled, listening as Moliira spoke of those she asked after, her grin broadening as Moliira mentioned her mate, Dalanesca’s own thoughts drifting to her own object of affection.  It felt strange to her, to have another person who she cared so much about, but at the same time, it allowed her to understand more what Moliira was speaking of.  “I’m glad to hear they are well,” she said.

‘Now, I think I understand it better than anyone,” she said.  “Although, before my ascension… I did not know up from down let alone good from bad,” she said.  “Though, you saw the ramifications of that,” she said, thinking back to the cemetery when the two had met.  “I was not sure which route I should take - but it’s clear now.  In order to truly be a part of the world in the way it is meant to work, one must have a healthy balance of both good and evil.”

She nodded solemnly once more while Moliira seemed to talk through the layout of the realm, and the effect it could have on its visitors.  “I think that is the idea I had in mind.  It may sound harsh but I suppose I want to weed out the weaklings who shouldn’t be in this realm,” she said, her voice taking on a fairly harsh tone.  It was clear that this idea was not born out of hatred or sadism, but rather the fact that she wanted her realm populated only with those who were strong.  “Besides, like you said, nothing wrong with keeping everyone on their toes every once in a while,” she said with a deviant grin.

She made a sound of appreciation to the drow as she refilled her cup, reaching forward to grasp the cup and take a sip.  “Thank you,” she said, after setting the cup down.  “Sounds like an even trade, then,” she added.  She fell silent for a moment.  “Moliira… I have a question for you,” she began, continuing without allowing the drow a chance to chime in, not just yet.  “How do you manage to maintain a relationship with someone, given your status?” she asked, the reason behind her question being quite clear.  So far, things had been going smoothly between she and Marth, but things were still fresh and new.  She felt no reason as to why the fire would die between the two.  “What I mean is… how do you balance being a deity but being in love with one who is not?” she concluded, hoping that she had offered enough information for Moliira to answer her question.

Moliira

Character Info
Her fellow deity was taking things well enough, and Moliira could tell that she would accept the information with time.  If she wasn't patient, Dalanesca was likely to give herself a headache.  But the drow figured it was better she figure that out for herself, if it came down to that.  "Time does quite a lot for many thing.  Broken hearts, lost memories, old grudges.  At least for the most part," the drow said with a chuckle.  Her people were rather infamous for carrying grudges throughout the generations, and beyond all reason.  There was something in her friend's eyes that spoke of something untold when Moliira mentioned her mate, perhaps it would come up.  "Perhaps you can visit?  I'm sure both Blaine and Krys would like to meet you under better circumstances," Moliira offered with a grin.  The high stress situation of having to kill a fallen god wasn't the best time to introduce people.

She nodded, remembering well the first time they had met.  But she had known then that there was something interesting about that woman.  Moliira was quite glad that her thoughts had been confirmed.  "People like to think that they know better than everyone else.  That they belong within our realms.  That they are special, and do not need to play by the rules…  It's fun to prove them wrong," Moliira said, an half smile on her face.  Once, she had thought herself to be special like that, and it had been partly true.  She had survived trials that should have killed her, and more times than she had cared to think about. 

Her head tilted to one side at the question, there was only one reason for Dalanesca to ask such a thing.  And it made the earlier look in her eyes make more sense.  "Krys is my anchor, and he keeps me from becoming lost within being a deity.  That loved one can pull you back, and help you to see things more clearly.  The best thing I can say is to listen to them.  If they have worries or are concerned about you, take it seriously.  They should be the one to know you best, and will be the one to see something wrong first," Moliira said, her voice serious.  It was something that could be very important, and something that she had seen before in other deities.  They had lost their way, and no one had noticed it until things had been almost too late.

Dalanesca

Character Info
The idea of visiting Moliira’s realm and being formally introduced to the two males that had also been a part of the situation she had worked with the drow in sounded appealing to her.  “That would be very nice, I think,” she said, with a bit of a smile.  “They both seemed like lovely men, but… horrible circumstances and all,” she said.  “Besides, maybe this time Blaine won’t send me flying into the trunk of a tree,” she joked, thinking back to the injury she had sustained when working with them.  “However, I do think if a situation were to arise such as that again, I would most likely hold my own a bit better than previously,” she added.  

Moliira’s words made absolute sense to her.  “I’ve not had too much of an opportunity to do so, just yet,” she said, as the drow spoke of the fun that could be had while proving someone wrong.  “But I think I can see what you are saying.  We have the capability to prove these things to people, but also the capability to strike them down if they defy us,” she said.  With an afterthought, she continued to speak.  “However, I concern myself with the fact that I must not let this power go to my head.  I have heard the stories of those that came before me and their terrifying falls… I mustn’t join that club with them,” she said.  “I need to take caution when exercising any amount of power,” she said to the drow, though it was clear she was saying it more to herself in reassurance than anything.

When the drow started to answer her question about keeping a mate, a lover, while holding such a high status of power, Dalanesca listened very intently.  “I’ve experienced this first hand, already, I think,” she said.  “You see… the man in question - he’s the Redeemer and Destroyer in my realm,” she said, the words flowing effortlessly off her tongue.  “I suppose that rank is the equivalent to that of the high priest, if one wanted to classify my clergy in a manner such as religion would,” she said.  “He’s not afraid to speak his mind to me, or tell me when I am wrong,” she added.  “It helps me feel human,” she said, with a bit of a smile.  “I mean… I’m still human, just… a bit more powered up, I guess,” she said, not really sure how to describe what she was attempting to say.  “I trust him to advise me on issues, things like that.”

She paused for a moment, sighing deeply.  “Do you think it’s a bad idea?” she asked.  “Taking my advisor as my lover, I mean?”  She looked contemplative for a moment, but continued speaking.  “It was awfully strange, how it came about.  I met him in a tavern, before my ascension, of course.  He was an absolute mess - needed help with a mission, of sorts.  This was after I had helped you all out, and I wasn’t taking contracts anymore, so I figured I may as well assist him.  He offered to pay well.  During our travels, though… I just felt so connected to him.  And then, my ascension happened - while we were travelling, mind you, that was fun trying to explain to him,” she said with a bit of a laugh.  “It all just happened so fast, but it seems like what is meant to be,” she said.  Her voice was strong and resolute, and it was clear that she found no shame in her relationship.  She left out a few details, about Reaver and the like, that were unnecessary for the moment.  “You should meet him, sometime,” she said, with a smile.  “He’s a very interesting man.  Incredibly intelligent… but also incredibly handsome,” she said, with a laugh. 

Moliira

Character Info
She nodded, and chuckled at the mentioned of the tree.  It had been a rough night all around, but it was one that had been essential to Moliira.  And she had needed both Blaine and Dalanesca's aid.  "I think so.  But let us hope it does not come up again," she said with a grin.  It was also very clear that the woman had a good, solid head on her shoulders.  And that would aid her in the days and years to come.  It was something that Moliira looked forward to seeing more of, and she had a feeling that Dalanesca would be a source of relative stability for the world as a whole.  "You do.  And I am sure that you will.  But even if something… happens, we balance each other out.  Or the Tree takes care of things," she said with a nonchalant shrug.  There was no threat in her tone, only a warning in her words.

It was pleasant to move onto other topics, and Moliira found it a bit odd to give advice like this.  But it was gratifying in a way, she enjoyed the trust that Dalanesca was showing.  "I would imagine so.  But it sounds as if he has stayed by your side, even with the changes.  Someone like that is valuable to you, both for stability and advice.  And it sounds as if you are sure that he is not doing it for personal gain, which is even better," she said, approval coloring her voice.  Krys was the same way, staying at her side for her, and not because his mate was a deity.  the drow chuckled, it was good to hear that Dalanesca wasn't completed swept off her feet by a good looking face. 

Tapping her fingers against the glass for a moment, a thought came to mind.  "Perhaps in a week or two, you and your companion can come visit Maral'hal.  That would give me time to get a message to Blaine.  Some of the fae in my realm are holding a summer festival soon, and you would be welcome then," Moliira explained.  It was not an easy thing to be invited to such a festival of the fae folk, and it would be quite an experience.  But she figured Dalanesca and her companion would appreciate it.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca took heed of Moliira’s words, grateful that the drow was willing to listen to what she had to say.  “He does get something out of it,” she said, though the frown that fell onto her lips gave way that she was not making a quip on bedroom activities.  “He’s got a bit of a stability issue, and… well, I balance him out, I suppose,” she said, leaving it at that.  She did not want to go into much detail about Marth’s affliction, feeling it best that those facts were left for him to divulge when the time came for him to meet Moliira - the drow who she was quite certain she could refer to as a friend now. 

She continued to speak about Marth for a moment, without giving away too much identifying information.  “He just… I don’t think I’ve ever been treated quite the way he treats me,” she continued.  “He does not speak to me as his superior, but he does respect me - but he treats me with so much respect,” she said, and it was clear that the companionship meant something rather strong to her.  

When Moliira spoke of the pair visiting her realm, Dalanesca enthusiastically nodded.  “Maral’hal seemed pretty wonderful, from what little I was there,” she said, smiling crookedly.  “I would venture to say I would find it even more enjoyable under better circumstances,” she added with a cheeky grin.  “I’ll send word when some time has passed, and see what a good time is for you,” she added.

Just then, a Magister entered the room that the two sat in.  Dalanesca looked quickly to her, and the girl bowed her head.  “Forgive me, your grace, but you are needed in the Two-Faced Tower,” she said, quickly.  Dalanesca’s eyes lit up, and she nodded.  “Give me a moment and I will be on my way,” she said, dismissing the magister.

Turning to Moliira, she frowned slightly.  “I am afraid I am needed elsewhere, my friend,” she said, solemnly.  “Thank you so much for visiting!  I look forward to next we meet,” she added.  She gave Moliira one more quick smile and walked swiftly out fo the room, assuming the drow would be able to find her way out of the realm easily enough, given she was no mere mortal.