Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > The Blinded Scales > A House of Black and White [go]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
When word reached her ears of the newest deity's identity, Moliira's lips curled into a very amused smile.  At least it was someone that she knew, and the drow had no fear of going to visit Dalanesca.  But a gift was most certainly in order.  It took a few long moments to decide on a selection, but there was something she had in mind.  One of her acolytes brought her the slightly dusty bottle, and Moliira stepped through a tear between worlds.  She hadn't bothered to change, knowing Dalanesca was about as formal as she was.  Her ranger's clothes would do just fine, and they were at least clean.

Finding herself in front of a large marble building, Moliira entered with an easy confidence.  When one of the staff, a Magistrate from what she overheard, asked what she was doing, Moliira gave a simple message.  "Please, tell your mistress that the Huntress is here with a gift to return a favor," she said with a slightly predatory grin, though a polite tone.  It was a look she had mastered that left no doubt as to who she was. 

Waiting in an antechamber, Moliira only watched silently as people passed through the halls.  It seemed to be typical things they asked for, blessings for various endeavors, requests for their children, and the like.  It was something Moliira had learned to tune out over time, and something that Dalanesca would likely need to learn.  Prayers and whispers could be more than a little overwhelming at times.  She could sense the approach of her fellow deity, and there was an amused grin on her face when Dalanesca approached.  "Well now, I'd say this calls for that drink that I owe you.  How is this place treating you?" she asked, showing the bottle of elderflower wine.  There was genuine concern in her voice, though Moliira had a feeling there was little to worry about.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Frowning, Dalanesca stared at the plate in front of her.  Eating had always been one of those habitual things to get rid of that empty feeling in her stomach.  Since she had ascended, she had yet to feel that empty feeling - perhaps it was one of the ‘perks’ of divinity, not having to eat… but part of her missed the mundane aspects of mortal life.  She supposed that she would get used to it with time, but she still found herself attempting to go through the typical routines she was used to.  With a sigh, she pushed the plate away from her and leaned back in her chair.  

Moments later, one of the staff came into the sitting room, a worried look on her face.  “M’lady, the Huntress is here to see you,” she said, her voice wavering.  “She’s in the southernmost antechamber,” she added.   Dalanesca could not help but laugh a little bit at the young girl’s frightened demeanor as she came in.  She could not blame the girl, as she knew that the drow came off as quite intimidating to those who did not know her - in fact, Dalanesca had found her such when she had first made Moliira’s acquaintance as well.

“Thank you, Amyra,” she said to the gir.  “You needn’t worry - I’m sure her visit is a positive one,” she added, giving her a warm, reassuring smile as she got up from her chair.  She headed quickly through the door, walking swiftly in the direction of the area that her Magistrate had informed her the Huntress awaited.  A few travellers in the main room looked at her in awe, but she paid them no mind as she pushed through the door into the antechamber. 

“Moliira,” she said, with a smile.  “What a lovely surprise, and I’ll take that drink,” she said.  She proceeded to answer the drow’s question as she rifled through a cabinet for a few glasses.  “It’s fine,” she said, shrugging her shoulders.  After a moment she returned with two crystal goblets for the pair to enjoy the gifted wine from.  “I mean, the realm is crafted in the way I wanted it to be, so it’s got everything I need or want,” she added. “It’s just… weird.  I still don’t know the extent of what I’m capable of… Or what I’m even supposed to be doing, really,” she added.  

She sat down in a cushioned chair,  pushing the two glasses towards the drow.  “I’m guessing I’ll figure it out as time goes by,” she added, her voice slightly aloof.  “Truth be told I’ve been quite bored… The staff I’ve accumulated don’t seem to understand my humor,” she added.  She tended to be quite sarcastic and while many of her acquaintances appreciated that aspect, her staff seemed to be confused by it.  “So… any suggestions on how to make this… transition, I guess… more appealing for myself?” 

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
It was good to see Dalanesca, and the drow was could tell that her divinity had not changed the woman. So far, at least.  "I've brought you some elderflower wine, rare stuff outside of Endapano," she said with a mysterious grin.  She had many ways and means of getting the rare and interesting into her hands, though this particular vintage had been an offering given to one of her shrines.  She poured for both of them, and nodded as Dalanesca voiced the oddity of finding her a divinity. 

"It is strange, from but what I have heard, this is quite suiting to your new position," she said, then took a sip of the wine.  It had a delicate berry flavor, with a touch of wild honey.  It was also very light, lending itself well to conversation.  "You will, it just takes a bit of time.  And it seems as if quite a few people have already found you.  So that is a good start," Moliira said, offering it as a compliment.  The idea of a balance between law and chaos had appeal to the drow, as her own people liked aspects of both.  And her own position was somewhat related, given that she protected the chaotic wilds from the so called civilized encroachment of the cities.

The question was not a surprise to her, and Moliira had to consider best how to answer it.  "It's more a thing that you have to feel out, and to learn for yourself.  I am sorry that I don't have a better answer for you, but every one of us has a different experience.  All that I can say is to keep yourself grounded in who you were before.  Don't lose that, and do not let the divine completely overtake you," she said.  Memories from another world, and the disasters than had befallen the world, were what made her give that advice.  Though Moliira was still curious about Dalanesca's name and how it connected to someone else, she decided to shelve those thoughts for the time being.  It was a strange coincidence, and possibly nothing more.

Dalanesca

Character Info
It pleased Dalanesca to know that Moliira’s visit was most definitely for pleasure and not for any other purpose.  Though she had gratefully helped the woman in the past, it had ended in some fairly severe injuries for her.  Although she possessed divinity now and would heal much quicker than previously, she was not exactly chomping at the bit to get injured again.  She took the other glass that the drow had filled and took a deep drink of the wine, savoring the light flavor.  She set the glass back down, nodding at Moliira when she mentioned the oddness of the situation again.

“It… is, I guess.  And I suppose the position itself is suiting to me, given my past,” she added.  Truth be told, she had been remembering more things as of late - but perhaps that would come into play later in the conversation between the two deities.  “I’ve had quite a few visitors, yes.  Seems as though order is a popular realm to visit,” she added with a coy smile.

She listened carefully as the drow explained how to get used to the situation.  “I didn’t expect any answer at all, so it is a better answer than I was expecting!” she quipped.  “And don’t fear, I don’t think divinity will overtake me at any point.  I already find it weird that I’m more capable than I was before,” she added, with a bit of a frown.  

“One thing I will say… I’ve been… remembering things,” she said.  She didn’t directly look at Moliira, but it was obvious that she was revealing some information she was uncomfortable with.  “About before, I mean.  Before I was here.”  She paused, trying to figure out how to speak the way she wanted to.  “I mean before I was in Revaliir, not before I was this,” she said, gesturing her hands around her.  “I think I had some sort of power, in some part of my life,” she added.  She was not attempting to sound cryptic - it simply happened.  “Do you think I’ve lost my mind during ascension?” she asked, with a bit of a laugh.

Moliira

Character Info
She nodded, Dalanesca's ascension would be an interesting period for Revaliir.  And Moliira had a feeling that it would be an interesting time for the woman before her as well.  "People like to think they are in control of their lives, and that order will help them maintain that.  But order can be just as heavy of a set of chains as chaos.  Look at my people for example.  The drow follow a heavy set of rules that imprisons them in some ways, but they think it sets them free in a way," Moliira explained.  Drow cities were strange, paradoxical places to outsiders, and Moliira was willing to bet that Dalanesca would want to explore one of the underground cities at some point.  Most did, once they heard about the strange wonders to be found.

The drow chuckled at her response to the answer that was given already, and Moliira was glad that her friend understood why she had gotten such a cryptic reply.  "You are more grounded than some others.  So I do not think that will be an issues.  You won't be consumed by your own fires or fade into the shadows," she said, referring to the fallen Knights.  It was only a guess on her part as to what had happened, but it was as good of a guess as any.

Then Dalanesca's manner shifted, and Moliira found herself curious.  Then without words for a few moments.  There was something she had wondered, and suspected, about the woman before her.  Perhaps this would be the time to find that out.  "Remembering another life, perhaps?  What was it like, I might be able to help you tease out something stronger than fleeting memories.  I do not think you've lost your mind…  I myself came from another place, too.  I came here, and you saw what happened to my counterpart," she explained.  Dalanesca was one of the few privy to that particular secret of Moliira's, and perhaps that knowledge would help her to open up.

Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca could not help but chuckle at Moliira’s comment.  “People thinking they are in control has always amused me,” she said, a sly grin taking over her countenance.  “I mean - the thought behind it is wonderful, of course,” she continued.  “But who is truly in control of their own destiny?  Hell, I’m a damned God now and I don’t think I’m in control of my own life - but I could be wrong,” she said, holding her hands up and then dropping them to the side.  She continued listening as her friend explained the way of life of the drow,and she nodded in interest.  Moliira seemed to speak quite highly of her own people, and Dalanesca found that an admirable quality.  She made the drow sound like a very interesting people.

She caught the references that Moliira made when she spoke of the demise of the fallen Gods who had come before her.  Though the knowledge had not been something known to her prior to her rise, the information had been instilled in her brain upon her ascension.  “You are correct - I won’t,” she said.  “I know that the power I now hold is something I will never completely understand, therefore I must not underestimate such power.”  The thought of dealing with a fall that could destroy her completely was downright unnerving.  The details were still unknown to her - but she did not particular want to know that information.

She nodded at Moliira when she questioned her change in demeanor.  “Yes, I suppose you could say that.  Nothing was really clear to me before, but since my ascension a lot of things have become more clear,” she added.  She was glad to know that Moliira more than likely understood the rambling words that Dalanesca took for an explanation.  “I’m not from Revaliir,” she said, firmly.  “I’m from a different place, but I can’t remember that place’s name, for the life of me - not yet,” she added.  “Fortunately for me, I do not think what happened to you has happened to me,” she continued, in reference to the Moliira’s ‘other-self’ that she had helped to vanquish.  

She paused for a moment, unsure of how to continue, when she realized that she could tell Moliira in any manner she saw fit and the drow would probably get the concept of what she was saying.  “I think I used a lot of magic, back there,” she said.  “Which I find odd, because I’m not incredibly adept at it now - well, now I am,” she said, with a bit of a chuckle.  “I just prefer not to partake unless necessary.”  She drew in a breath, before continuing her explanation.  “I think, even at one point, back there, wherever it was… my home,” she trailed off for a moment.  “I think I held some sort of status, some sort of power… but it’s all so vague,” she said, the frustration palpable in her voice.  “Do you think it to be entirely possible?” she asked.  “Could I have been someone of import?”

Moliira

Character Info
There was something in Dalanesca's expression that made Moliira keep speaking of her people.  "Perhaps one day we can go visit their city in the caverns under the earth.  Were you still mortal, I would insist on going with you.  But since you are now a goddess in your own right, I can go with you simply to make things more understandable," she said, the offer sincere.  And perhaps the rigid rules and constant chaos of the drow would help Dalanesca to understand her position a bit better.

She could see where this conversation was going, and Moliira could only sip her wine for a few moments while she let her friend speak.  Her mind was turning, considering how best to answer.  Whether or she even should answer.  But perhaps it would be worse for Moliira to keep knowledge away from her.  She couldn't help it, she set down the glass and started to pace like a caged wolf, formulating an answer.  "I might be able to help you with that.  But I will only answer your question if you are completely sure," Moliira said, looking to Dalanesca.  When she nodded, the drow continued.

"There was a goddess I knew of, mostly in passing.  An elf, she held power over Water, then Wisdom, and finally Life for a time, and she was quite powerful.  Her name was the same as yours, which struck me when we first met," Moliira said, picking up her glass and refilling it before going on.  Her pacing slowed a bit, but the drow still felt restless.  It was delving into her own past as well, and it was something that Moliira wasn't always comfortable with.  "Most of my knowledge of her is in passing.  I served her brother for long time before my own rise, and I learned much from him.  He dealt with the power of Air and Winter when I served under him," Moliira explained.  Dalanesca didn't need to know the rest of what she could remember.  That would come with time.  "So for a short version to your question, yes," the drow added with a chuckle.

Dalanesca

Character Info
The information Moliira shared with Dalanesca was interesting.  She offered a smile to the drow when she mentioned travelling to the home of her people.  It made sense - although she was now a divine being, she would most likely find no harm, but from what she understood, the drow cities were something different altogether, and it seemed as though their culture was something a bit different from others.  “That would be lovely,” she said, accompanying her response with a warm smile. 

She eyed Moliira as she sipped her wine, noting that it was quite obvious the drow had something on her mind - something Dalanesca would find interesting.  When she did start to speak, both her demeanor and posture expressed to Dalanesca that she was mildly unsure about what she should tell her.  When she questioned whether she actually wanted to know what she had to say, she nodded, finding her interest piqued.

She listened, her eyes widening as her fellow goddess spoke to her.  The things she was saying struck home with Dalanesca.  “Impossible,” she said, quietly, casting her gaze to the side.  “I am the first and only of my name.  It would be….” she trailed off, which allowed Moliira to continue speaking.  Everything being said to her triggered vivid memories in her mind.  

She felt wordless.  She could not think of what she could possibly say to Moliira in this situation - did she tell her that she remembered?  She pressed a hand to her forehead, snapping her eyes shut tightly.  She stood up from the chair she sat in, and walked to the side of the room, leaning against a wall.  Though it seemed drastically dramatic, she cared not.  It was a lot of information for her to process.  

“I remember it,” she said, quietly, not looking at Moliira.  “It’s still not clear… but I remember it.”  She let out a sigh, standing up straight again and walking back over to her chair.  She sat, grabbing her cup of wine, and drained it in one long drink.  “It’s… a lot,” she said.  “But it would make sense, I suppose, why I was chosen for this,” she added.  “But this place.  Revaliir is a different place than before, it seems to be on an entirely different plane,” she added.  “Is that the case?” she asked, hoping Moliira may have been able to shed a bit more light on the topic.

Moliira

Character Info
There was uncertainty in her friend's expression, and Moliira couldn't blame her.  The information would be difficult to handle no matter the situation or person involved.  But it would also be unfair to Dalanesca if she did not know what Moliira did.  She waited after she finished her words, allowing the woman to begin the process of handling the information.  The drow took her seat again, but only held the wine cup for a time.  She waited until there was another question, then Moliira nodded.  "I think what this place is may be something like that.  It is a place of other possibilities, of things that could have happened differently from that other place.  The self that I destroyed, she never met the man who would eventually become my mate.  He was also the one that gave me the wolf's blood, and that changed many things for me," she explained.  There were other, subtle differences, but that was a minor thing for the time being.

"I think that you will need time.  Time to remember, time to adjust to the knowledge integrating itself into your memories.  It took me some time to completely understand what my counterpart had been up to.  But now, I feel at home here, like I have always been here.  It is the opposite with you though, that body was born here," Moliira said, tapping fingers against her chin.  It was a strange situation, and she wondered how many others faced the same difficulties that they did.

Dalanesca

Character Info
She looked at Moliira for a moment, her mouth opening and closing a few times as though she was having trouble choosing the words she wanted to speak.  Moliira’s explanation of her two selves was interesting, to say the least, but it most definitely shed some light on the situation that Dalanesca had been involved with not too long ago.  She was glad to have finally spoken her concerns to someone, and especially thankful for the fact that Moliira actually seemed to understand what she was going through.

“There is no doubt that I will need time,” she said, with a little bit of a laugh.  It was a lot of information for anyone to process, but it was now being coupled with the information that she was now ascended to be a deity of the world they now resided in.  When Moliira brought up the fact that Dalanesca was now in a completely different body, she furrowed her brow for a moment.  

“You’re not wrong,” she said, sighing.  “I don’t think I was human, back in that place, whatever it was,” she said, her voice sounding slightly distant.  “I still can’t remember very clearly… I think I may have been high born, or something similar,” she said.  “I’m sure it will come to me with time, but for now I think I’ve enough on my plate without thinking of that as well,” she added, giving Moliira a bit of a laugh.

“What is it that I am even supposed to do, really?” she asked.  She couldn’t help but to chuckle at herself.  “I know that I am in control of the balance, as it is… but do you have any suggestions for me on what to do when I recieve people?” she asked, in reference to when travellers came to visit her.  “Whether or not I was in the past place I was in… I’m not exactly the most social of people here,” she said.  “In fact, I mostly just dislike people in general,” she added.  “Present company excluded, of course,” she added as an afterthought.