Archive Home > Archives > 2016 Archives > Shinjitsu no Kagi > Welcome to the Family [go]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
Her eyes narrowed for a moment as she visually examined the doll.  She had not seen its make before, but that part was not important.  The scent helped Moliira to understand more about the girl, and what she could already determine was interesting.  The scent was similar to that of her hostess, yet Moliira could tell there was something different about it.  Human for the most part… but an underlying sense of something else.  Gently, the Huntress let her sense go to work, seeking out the source of that scent.  Moliira didn't entirely expect to find anything quickly, but it would be a start.

She listened quietly and enjoyed her meal while Natsumi explained her own thoughts.  Her stormcloud eyes narrowed and seemed to grow darker at the mention of rape, it was a foul act.  And one that she would never tolerate within her ranks.  But a cold, predatory grin crossed her lips when Natsumi explained the outcome of that encounter.  "The only pity I think is that they had no opportunity to learn.  But that being said, some are beyond learning and reason.  It sounds as if you did the world a service by eliminating those men," the drow offered.  There was something she could appreciate when someone was able to take matters into their own hands, and eliminate a threat at the same time.  Even if it was only for self preservation.

Moliira only knew a little about Apoy Island, it was not a place she had visited yet.  But she was aware of the ritual, and nodded.  She was quiet until Natsumi revealed just what she had done to free her friend.  The drow couldn't help herself, a snort of laughter escaped her normally dignified demeanor.  "I would imagine something like that proved quite the distraction.  I would guess you did a fair amount of damage to his pride above all.  Now, in regards to your friend with the doll…" Moliira said, then paused.  The Huntress hesitated a moment, the information she sought had not made sense at first.  But perhaps Natsumi would be able to clarify.  "She is here.  Somewhere, though I cannot tell exactly where or how far.  But she is within your realm somewhere," Moliira explained.  There was a note of puzzlement in her voice, given her uncertainty of the precise location.  "I could sense a few things.  An island, now under the oceans.  A woman falling into an abyss of sorts.  Then nothing.  No scent trail to follow beyond that," she added.  Perhaps the pieces would be enough.

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
During the stories of Natsumi's past, the fox girl became distracted. She was daydreaming, her mind stuck in the subconscious while her mouth continued to speak. The sight of Saya's doll tended to do that to her, especially since the wound was still fresh by this point. She was awake just enough to hear the Drow's divination when it came, but the voice she used to respond was painfully aloof.

"Then I know where she is," Natsumi muttered with glossed over eyes. "There are doors in this world, Moliira, that even I cannot unlock without activating a specific machine: a machine that is extremely volatile. I am not even fully sure of its origin, even if I do know of the danger it poses. I will have to find a way to activate it safely if I am to retrieve my daughter."

She paused, rising from her seat and commanding her meal's remnants to disappear. The Goddess adjusted her collar soon enough and walked toward the stairwell in the corner of the room. She hesitated before climbing up a flight of stairs, however, and, not wishing to be rude, turned to bid her guest farewell.

"I do not mean to be an ungracious host, but I must take my leave now. I doubt I will be back for some time, as there is something that requires my attention for an indeterminate amount of time at the moment. Please enjoy the rest of your meal and use the facilities of this meeting room to your liking. Oh, and if it's not too much trouble, leave some design plans on how you would like your deity door to appear in this meeting room. I've left it blank until I can ask specific deities what kind of decorations they would like, but they're currently all blank because you're my first guest."

With that said, Natsumi departed the chamber. Truthfully, she didn't really have anything that required her undivided attention like she told Moliira. She just wanted to be alone without being seen as unwelcoming. There were too many foul thoughts buzzing around in her head for her to have any amount of pleasant conversation with guests right now, and so she went to purge them in the higher levels of the keep, far away from the Storm Wolf.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'