Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Little Red Tiger [P,R]
Gyxui

Character Info
Name: Gyxui
Alignment: CN
Race: Weretiger
Class: Warrior
Silver: 157
There was a moment of clarity that rushed through Gyxui’s head as ran out of the little town that was a few miles from the base of the mountains. It was one that should have come to him years ago- he was a terrible gambler. A few wins here and there should have signaled him to stop. Instead, the rush was too enthralling for him to cease and elected to continue on. The game of cards was in his favor until it was time to ante up big, and when he had, his overconfidence was shot the moment he saw his cards and realized it was a dead hand. He had tried to play it off in the only way he knew how; by bluffing. The end result was his group of fellow poker buddies making crude requests for him to give them the coin owed. He had thrown up his hands and proclaimed in a thunderous and threatening voice, “You fools! You will rue this day for I… have no coin” before he rushed out with the winnings in a sack. The other players were stunned momentarily before they pursued him as far as they could before they lost him in the woods nearby. He could overhear several threats thrown his way if his face was ever seen again.

He didn’t stop nor slowed his pace until he was completely sure his debtors were long and gone. Despite being a warrior, he wasn’t a cold blood murderer in the least. Even if the circumstances were different, it would be him versus a village. No way was he about to chance those odds, which was saying something. Falling back against a large oak tree, the were-tiger took a few minutes to catch his breath and think of his next move. Obviously going back was off the table and he had no idea where he was now. Just lost in the thicket from the looks of things. “Drat.” His chest heaved a bit in pain with every breath inhaled and exhaled. Just how long had he been running for?

Gyxui recovered enough and pushed himself back to his own feet and stumbled his way through until he saw a bit of a clearing and a lake close by. But what captivated his eyes more was a small cabin. He could only pray that someone in there would be willing to help him out a bit, even if it would cost him. He looked at the sack that was in his hands and threw it over his shoulder. It had some good weight to it, which he never took notice while he ran. He made his approach towards the cabin door and knocked lightly. At least his appearance wasn’t unkempt; his fiery locks were tied together into a single tail behind him, his crimson shirt neat and tucked into his trousers and his violet eyes kept towards the door, awaiting to see the owner.

When it finally opened, Gyxui was quick to greet his hopefully new host. Perhaps a tad too quick.

“Hey, I’m a bit lost and I was hoping I could stay the night here. Don’t worry about payment, I got it right here for you”, he said with a large smile and swung the bag forward to show them the coin inside. “Been wandering for a while and my feet are finally killing me. I don’t really need any accommodations, hell I’ll even sleep on the floor!”
Lady in Black

Character Info
Name: Iona
Alignment: None
Race: Will O’ Wisp
Class:
Silver: 248
Despite having the day off from working in town, Iona had decided to keep herself busy with work anyway. A customer had requested quite the lovely dress. But it was also a little more complicated, as it required different fabrics, intricate designs and stones. The stones were the worst of it. They varied in shapes and sizes, but each one had to be placed in the perfect spots, one by one. It was the most time consuming and tedious. Luckily for her, she had the patience required to make such a difficult piece. And it helped to have a passion for making it the most stunning dress her customer ever lay their eyes upon. It was white, the color meant for a virgin bride. The sweetheart top was shimmering with diamonds along the hem and swirling downward to the tiny waist. The skirt was silk, but beneath were layers and layers of thinner, lighter fabrics to make the skirt flare, and poofy.

But alas, her hands were beginning to grow weary of hours of working. And her back was aching. A break was greatly needed. So she put the dress away, hanging it in the closet beneath the stairs. And all of her threads and needles and things used for adornment were stored in a chest where she kept all of her various fabrics.

She’d already taken care of the household chores. So with the sun setting, it was time to make her evening meal. While water was left to heat in the cauldron over the fireplace, she peeled, washed and chopped potatoes and carrots. They were the first to be done, for they required the most time to cook. When those were put into the cauldron, she prepared peas, green beans, and corn. The meat she’d chosen was beef—it was cut into small, bite sized pieces. She threw it all together with minced onions and garlic for a little extra flavor. Lastly, the tomato juice was added, turning the water a deep shade of orange-red. Slowly, she swirled the spoon to stir it all together, cooking the meat and vegetables evenly while merging all flavors into one.

Then, there was a knock on the door.

Iona glanced over her shoulder in an attempt to look through the little window in the door. But from her distance, the view was unclear. Swiftly she cleansed her hands and opened the door warily with a quiet “Hello?”

It was a man. A very strong looking man. His long ginger tresses were like fire, with eyes akin to a certain purple bloom. He made haste to request shelter before she could utter a single word. He seemed quite eager. She blinked as she was taken aback by the sudden inquiry. Iona knew that allowing this man into her home could put her life and well being at risk. Men had wanted nothing but one thing from her in the past, which more than often resulted in it being taken from her. However, whether or not this man knew of the rumors she started within the town, those proclaiming her to be an evil witch, she had one thing going for her: she never used her magic outside of her own home. Yes, she was believed to be a witch, but only because she started the rumor. There was no proof. No one had seen her use any form of magic, so it was easy for many to dismiss the claim.

If he tried anything, she could have the element of surprise. And she isn’t the magical novice she once was. She was more than capable of protecting herself.

She smiled softly, although it turned out a little more wary than she’d intended. “I am not one to turn away a soul lost among these merciless woods,” she said, welcoming him into her warm home. “There is no need for payment. However, I only have one bedroom, so I regret to say my den will have to be your place of rest.” She glanced around the living room, taking note of where he might be able to sleep comfortably. There was little furniture aside from the rocking chair and a little loveseat—too small for a grown man to stretch his legs on. But there floor… There was much room before the hearth. But the floor was hardwood.

She lifted a single finger to silently tell him to give her a minute before she went off. The closet beneath the stairs was the only source of storage she had for situations such as this. Although she never suspected it might occur, she was prepared nonetheless. She took several large blankets, all folded neatly together, out of their storage bin and lay them down on the floor where he could sleep by the fire. The thickest blanket was on the bottom to soften the ground beneath him, while the thinnest was set on top. He wouldn’t need much warmth so close to the fireplace. And for his head, she used the little decorative pillows that had been on the loveseat.

With his sleeping arrangements made, she turned to him. “I am Iona,” she introduced herself with a curtsy of greeting.

Gyxui

Character Info
It hadn’t dawned much onto him until he actually got a good look at the homeowner, that Gyxui might be coming off a little too strongly. As far as he knew, the lady here was by herself and heavens knew what was going on in her mind. Some stranger eagerly trying to barge into her house, and could possibly be a mad killer or something equally as unsavory. Well, he was a killer, but nothing that sinister. The man fell onto his knees and bowed his head low to the ground, “Forgive me, miss. I didn’t mean to be so forward with my approach. I just need a place to stay for the night and I will not cause you any sort of trouble in the meanwhile.” He was fully prepared to be turned away, and he wouldn’t blame her, but she was an angel in disguise as she offered her home. He lifted his head up and smiled genuinely before he got back up.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to be a complete burden without offering something back.” He stepped inside and could smell the wonderful aromas of food cooking. It was wonderful, to say the least. “My lady, I don’t need too much, really. In my travels, I have spent a great deal sleeping up in trees or the ground”, he spoke as he looked around the den. Some soft chuckles went towards the furniture kept there, humored by the fact that he was far too big to rest in them comfortably. Gyxui placed the sack near the rocking chair and got into a crouching position before leaning back against the floor.. “Trust me, I’ve learned to sleep just about anywhere. This will do nicely.” He folded his arms behind his head and scooted his body a bit to get a bit cozier near the fireplace.

His hostess disappeared for a bit before he spotted her coming back with blankets and pillows and adjusted them accordingly. At least with how bright the room was, he could get a better look at her- a slender one she was, with silky locks and eyes that reminded him of one of the moons. He couldn’t imagine what on earth she was doing all the way out here, and a pang of curiosity washed over him for the briefest of times. Perhaps she just wasn’t a people person; something that he could somewhat relate to at times. The weretiger pushed those thoughts aside for she was a generous person for sharing her home to him, and here he was, worrying himself with such silly questions.

Her introduction made him realize that he was being a rather rude guest, again. He kicked himself back up to his feet and bowed humbly with the grace that one would expect from a Nisshokian. “I’m Gyxui Yamamoto. I am grateful for you allowing me protection beneath your roof. I do feel bad that you don’t need payment. Perhaps if I could work off my debt for your generosity instead? Any chores or such that you need to get done in the future?”
Lady in Black

Character Info
Name: Iona
Alignment: None
Race: Will O’ Wisp
Class:
Silver: 248
“Sire, Gyuxi, please,” Iona shook her head with a small smile. “You need not trouble yourself so. You simply requested a safe place to sleep for the night. I do not feel right by asking for payment. Not for this. Now,” she walked past him into the kitchen. Two bowls were taken down from a cabinet, along with spoons. Bringing them to the cauldron, she stirred the stew and filled the bowls. “Are you hungry? I’ve made enough if you desire more than one serving.” She turned to him and handed him the steaming bowl.

“And, please, should you require anything at all, do not hesitate to ask me. As a guest in my house, I wish to make you as comfortable as possible.” Iona looked away towards the hall beside the staircase. A single door stood at the end of the hall. “Should you need to bathe, you can use that room as you wish. If your clothes need a wash, leave them by the door for me to pick them up. I shall endeavor to have them cleaned and dried for you by the time you emerge from the bath.” She turned to set the stew down atop the table next to her rocking chair. Surely he would like something to help wash down his meal, so she went to fetch some tea.

A part of her was becoming increasingly uneasy. Nothing was known of this man. Was it a mistake to open her home to him when she knew putting her trust in others always ended with pain or heartache? She could be putting him in danger, if not herself. Like Cilas, he could be one of those rare men who did not wish to force themselves upon her. So far he appeared to be a gentleman. But that is precisely what she feared. She didn’t want any harm to come to a good man. She hoped before too long he would rid himself of her, toss her away before he regretted getting too close.

After pouring the tea, she returned to the living room. “If you are lost, perhaps I could show you the way into town in the morning?” She said as she handed him his tea. She sat in her little chair, blowing on her stew to cool it down while she waited for an answer.

Gyxui

Character Info
It was a curious case to him to hear such things; nothing in the world was free and everything had some sort of price. He felt that he was being more weary of this than what he actually should be but he had to be on his toes. Gyxui didn't know who this woman was or what her angle could be; if she was just that kind and considerate, then he was surely just being an ass about this. He watched her go right by and headed towards the direction of the kitchen and tried to think amongst himself that nothing else was going on. "Yes, please. I would be humbled to join you." He’d feel as though he would be indirectly insulting Iona if he had refused. But mostly it was because he hadn’t eaten in half a day so he welcomed the prospect of savoring a good meal.

He made sure to make a mental map of where things were in regards to the rooms in case he would need them. But his eyes would be drawn to the stew set down for him. The mixture of the vegetables and meat was a treat to his nose as he stood over it. Although Gyxui was all prepared to dig in, he would still show some restraint and wait until she was seated as well. He could feel his mouth-watering while she retrieved some tea for them. A wonderful meal made by a wonderful woman- and yet, for all he could tell, she was alone here. Perhaps she was a loner like he had initially thought, but as welcoming and open as she had been with him, that didn’t make much sense in his head. He frowned for a moment before he rose the spoon up and blew at it. The contents brought great joy to his mouth, the flavors blended well. Gods knew how long it had really been since he had a delicious, homecooked meal.

“That would be splendid”, he replied before he took another spoonful. “I hadn’t been in the area for very long and some of the other locals haven’t been as pleasant as yourself. I thank you for opening up your home to me.” In the back of his head, he was still trying to think of a way to repay her, even if he had to do it secretly. “Iona, if you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been living here? It’s quite a cozy, little place.” He waited while he took a few more bites and finally went to enjoy the hot tea. “Is it a long path from here into town? I was…a bit of a rush to get out that I’d been aware of the distance between here and there. Must have lost track of time, I’m afraid.” Technically speaking, he was truthful, it only the part of being chased out that he was withholding. The last thing he wanted was for her to think of him as some sort of degenerate and toss him out of her house.

The light conversation would continue for as long as it did until he finished up and bowed in thanks to her. Before long, he would take the other offer in finally getting himself washed up. His clothes, folded and placed where she had instructed at the door and he found a tub that looked just big enough to fit him in. Warm waters were found and poured into it from a bucket and he settled in and started to lather up some soaps and took to whatever grime and dirt he could from his body. Next up was his fiery hair, which was a bit of a pain since it was so long. He did it as best as possible before he sank into the water to rinse it off and his head came back out and hung against the rim.

Perhaps I could just leave money behind somewhere in her house for her to find later, he thought to himself as he rose up enough to lean his arms against the tub. Or maybe there’s something in town that she needs that I could buy for her.

He thought about her for quite some time; thoughts drifted away from merely paying her back and into more personal curiosities like who she was aside from a good cook and hostess. Was she from this area or had she moved here to get away from the bustling town? What had her life been like prior?

Gyxui shook his head and relaxed a bit further; he shouldn’t been getting too caught up in wondering these things. There was no point in getting attached like that when he would probably be out of her hair soon. Besides, he would cause her too much trouble if his demons came back to haunt him. Perhaps he had been in the water for longer than he had planned; before long, he was starting to find himself a bit too relaxed to get out as the water begun to cool.