Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Angelic Beauty [Event, Open]
Raziel

Character Info
Name: Raziel
Alignment: TG
Race: Angel Nymph hybrid
Class:
Silver: 558
How long has it been since she was home? It felt like it wasn't too long ago, with some unknown darkness taking over the world. Najima brought them to Zets'Ki, but they beheld odd hallucinations. This was before they found themselves in a greenhouse, cuddling in their warmth as they slept. It was still confusing just to look back upon. Or rather… Think back, in her case. Yet, so much has seemed to happen since then, each more surreal than the previous. Somehow, Raziel felt disconnected from the events.

The half angel arrived at Zets'Ki, and was immediately approached by one of the resident angels. It was a friend of hers who had tried for nearly a century to get the halfling into more elegant attire. “We are hosting the second annual ball, and you're not going in travel attire. Your mother would tan my hide, bless her soul.” Thus, she was dragged away. Sadly, the snow masked a lot of her magical sense of sight, and was blindly stumbling behind the tailor. By the time she was done, Raziel felt a bit pampered. She was washed and groomed, her hair carefully dried and combed until it fell straight down her back as strands of silk.

“This main dress is white, with little crystals. It's strapless, perfect for winged creatures such as us. Here, hold your arm out.” A cloak of sorts was slipped onto one arm, carefully around the back, and coaxed on the other. Her friend was fastening it closed on the back around the wings before ensuring the lavender hair was artfully cascading between them. “This is a deep, Royal purple, which makes your hair that much prettier. It's got white fur around your wrists and the hood, but I want your hair to be seen.” The tailor fastened it in front, stood back and admired her work. “Oh, Raz. You look beautiful.” Raziel blushed, a distinct warming of her cheeks. With words of encouragement, Raziel was pushed out the door and seen towards the cathedral.

White boots clicked against the marble floor as she walked in. As if a blanket was removed, there was so much she could see through all of the vibration everyone was putting off. Countless people were milling about a buffet table, more than double, maybe triple that amount were dancing. A sizable handful stayed by the outskirts, watching the dancers. Raziel tentatively glided deeper into the room. Her wings were tucked neatly against her body, keeping them out of the way of others. Why was she thrust here? Did anyone she even know was here?

Dress Reference

Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 1051
She found herself almost in awe at the whole thing. It had been ages since she had seen anything so extravagant. It made her miss the parties her families held. But that was a different time. A different world, even. Rynn wondered if any of it still remained.

The draconian had not had the opportunity to prepare for the ball, unlike many of the others that had attended, so she found herself outclassed in dress everywhere she turned. Still, because of some of her previous performances, she did have a very plain, modest red dress, sleeveless, and corset, which she had chosen to wear. The contrast of her silver eyes and black hair, mixed with the red dress, was more than enough for her. She had always hated being fancy.

The only thing she didn’t like about the dress was that, in a pinch, if she had to transform, it would tear the dress. And as she struggled with a full transformation, it would leave her bare to the world, should she need to fight. Well…I guess it would act as a decent distraction. She let out a sigh, and covered her arms. The dragon’s blood that ran through her veins kept her more than warm, but she still felt cold and vulnerable in the dress.

She wandered about the ballroom, eyeing the food for a brief moment before finding herself in her usual place; standing awkwardly at the side of the room, staring at the dancers. As per usual, Rynn… She let out a sigh Aeolus or Gideon….either one of them would be a sight for sore eyes at this point. She smiled a little. Hell, I’d take even Jace at this point. Dancing with her brother would be a nice change of pace. She wondered if Rem had taught him to dance.

This thought brought a genuine smile to her lips. I wonder where they are right now? She glanced around the room again. There was a particular woman walking through the crowd with an extravagant dress.

“Oh, that’s pretty,” Rynn said out loud, to no one in particular.

Raziel

Character Info
Class:
Choosing to walk into the crowd was a mistake, one she realized only far too late. There was far too much stimulus, too much to filter. The effect upon her was almost dizzying. Raziel frowned as she worked her way to the edge of the room. Here, the vibrations were more centralized over the dancers, backwashing tye bystanders on the wall.

As she slowly began to walk the perimeter, questions and doubts swirled in her mind. Was it even right she attend when her mother could not? An unfamiliar voice broke her thoughts. Raziel stopped, turned slightly to the woman. ”Thank you.” For a long, awkward moment, the half angel stood there. ”You need to learn to make friends,” her mother would say.

”Would you answer me a question? Why do people come to balls and dances, yet prefer to be a wallflower?” After a moment, her cheeks became hot as she blushed crimson with embarrassment. ”Not that you… um… I’m sorry. Insults are not my intention, and… I’m Raziel.” She sighed in defeat before offering her name.

Shadowfang

Character Info
The woman with the pretty dress made her way over to Rynn, thanking the draconian for her comments. Rynn nodded in reply, and then stared back at the dance. It wasn’t until a few moments later that she realized that the woman had not left, and was trying to strike up a conversation. Oh.

She put on a forced smile, which she had always been good at, and turned her attention to Raziel. “Oh no, it’s fine. I understand what you mean.” Her gaze trailed back to the dancers on the floor. Her question was valid, but Rynn had an answer.

“A long time ago, I was in an academy with my family and friends. I had…someone I loved very dearly, but it was unrequited. That never stopped me from watching him every chance I got. Even if I couldn’t be with him, I wanted to see him happy.” She glanced down. “Even when I saw love blossoming for him. It’s not always about us, you see…” She looked to Raziel. “Sometimes, all we can do it sit back and watch. Even if it’s painful…”

“Rynn,” she said after a moment of silence. Her fake smile had been replaced with a melancholy gaze. Her emotions were still a wreck. Sorry, Gideon. I apparently still have a lot to work through.

“So what brings you to the ball?”
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
The voice always had subtle differences that many may miss. Due to her disability, Raziel had learned to rely on her hearing, and learn those differences. It was not just her imagination that told her that this was still a tender subject for this stranger. Personal stories tend to be very touchy. Raziel could imagine almost too easily what it felt like to have unrequited love. Would it be worse for the angel, due to being unable to watch from afar?

”Raziel.” Silence dragged out for a moment before the question was presented to her. It was now her turn to fall into a melancholy mood. ”Not exactly my choice, actually. I actually came to check up on my mother…” For a moment, the angel thought about the sleeping woman, her life suspended by magic. Elithia was dying, old age finally getting to her. Her final wish was to see her husband and the other twin once more. A request that Raziel had not been able to realize for her yet.

”A friend spotted me, dressed me up, and all but threw me in here. I tried to mingle in the dancers, but… It’s disorienting.” She gave a rueful grin towards Rynn. ”Hard to avoid situations such as these when you’re blind.” Her expression became somber. ”You wouldn’t happen to know or heard of a Gabe or Gabriel, or Rammie?”

Shadowfang

Character Info
Rynn watched the dancers in the center for a few moments more. She was never good at being the social butterfly when it came to people outside of her family. From the sounds of it, Raziel was not happy to be here. Rynn could relate.

“I hope she is well,” the draconian replied. She secretly hoped that the discussion wouldn’t take a darker turn. From what Rynn could gather, it was not a happy reunion. Sickness, or worse. She glanced over to Raziel.

“Oh,” Rynn replied, genuinely surprised at her response. A friend threw her in here. Doesn’t sound much like a friend. Then again…Gideon would have done the same. “I-I didn’t know you were blind. I’m sorry. I just assumed…” She quieted herself briefly, tugging on her red dress awkwardly.

I can’t imagine it. Never seeing anyone or anything I cared about again. It would be tragic…heartbreaking. Another awkward glance over to Raziel. “I haven’t heard of those names before. I’m sorry. I haven’t been….here for very long. Only about half a year or so.” It wasn’t too much long ago she was still searching for her brother, Jace. What came after they had found him was-

“I think I would like a drink,” Rynn said. “Would you like something? I can get it for you.”