Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > A Night of Music [Event, Open]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
When Akira heard the second annual ball was being held, she could not resist the desire to go. She had spent more and more time away from her adoptive mothers, but have sent word to them about her travels from time to time. So a letter was sent via her pixie to let them know she intended to go to the ball. There were even rumors that the gods themselves were going to attend the party as well. Perhaps, she could find her father and see him outside of his island home for the first time.

First things first, Akira needed a new dress. She had found just the thing, too. The skirting was layers upon layers of tulle, making it a very full, with feather-like trills, dress. The bodice was solid and sleeveless, with a wide neck and low back, was covered by a thick lace that extended down to her wrists. Lacey shapes stood out, appearing as both snowflakes and flowers. Her white hair was pulled back in a bun, quite unusual for the foxling, and only her ears showed her heritage beyond her golden gaze. From her shoulders rested a borrowed cape of snowflakes. Lirin loaned the garment to the young teen on the promise of being careful.

She felt like a princess as she walked into the the cathedral. As if nothing had changed between the years, she could still find the splendor found in the carvings, the enchantment of the optic illusion of floating lights and stars. Yet she had changed. Akira appeared older, taller, and more like an adult than her young years suggested. Almost gracefully, the foxling walked through and around people, gazing up at their faces. Would her father be recognizable? Would he even make himself known to her? Somehow, she doubted it, yet she searched anyway.

Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
The Ball was wonderful; it had lifted Kythe's spirits no end. So far she had made new friends and met with old acquaintances, even the pain in her shoulder felt somewhat numbed in comparison to when she had arrived, clearly she the Ball was the placebo she needed to push past it - that or the adrenaline had kicked in and caused it to go numb, one or the other. Either way she really did not care. As her emerald eyes flickered once more over the colourful dancers she wished once more that her beloved husband and children were here to share the day with her. She missed them so much, they had been her life and soul, they had been her everything and now… Kiba had told her that not everything was forever and she knew he was right - after all she had never once imagined being able to see him again let alone Arden… but something in her heart told her that this time Pol and the children were too far out of reach even for her. The Gods had cut her ties to Myna; she could feel it… some void in her heart that had not been there before and had not been made by the loss of her family. Her connection to her world had been taken from her and she knew it. 

Something caught her attention out of the corner of her eye and Kythe turned her head to find her gaze upon a beautiful young girl; to the ancient woman the children was little more than a babe - in Minadrian terms the girl was little more than a baby really but it was clear that in human terms she would have been in her early-teens at least. Kythe smiled slightly; she had always had a soft spot for children - Falkyr had always laughed at her for her 'hoarding' habits as he called them.
~"You truly are a Dragon Little Sister." He laughed.
"What do you mean?"
"The hoarding." 
"WHAT hoarding, Falkyr what ARE you blabbering about!" She demanded, ignoring the smug look on his face.
"You've never noticed have you? First of all you are a walking arsenal; have you never thought that the amount of weapons you carry is a little bit excessive? No of course you haven't but most would. Secondly you gather creatures to you like I have NEVER seen before - if it needs a home it becomes part of your little troop, you do realise most people do not have several Dragons, their own pack of wolves and a herd of equines just following them about right? Again, no you wouldn't know that because it's in your nature to have them as companions. Lastly, and this to me is the biggest and most important one, you adopt anyone and everyone younger than you. You take in the waifs and strays, you teach and protect those without the years of experience that you have behind you. Whenever you see a child your first instinct is to pull them close and guard them with your life; you cannot help it I know that but I also don't think you've ever realised it either. My dearest sister you are the best kind of hoarder because it comes from the heart - even your need to carry weapons as you do is to protect the latter two things that you keep close to you. You don't see it, but I do."~

He would have laughed… seeing her smiling at the young girl and immediately wanting to ensure she was safe and happy. 

Striding towards the girl she realised that she was searching for something; or more likely someone. "Good day to you young Lady; you look as though you are looking for someone in particular, might I help at all?" Kythe asked, bowing slightly to the girl. "My name is Kythe Sitari and I have to say that you look absolutely splendid in that dress."
Akira

Character Info
Someone approached her, Akira's fox ear twitched toward them. When it became apparent that she was the center of attention, the foxling turned toward her respectively. Her golden gaze lifted to see a woman in black, green and gold. The dress appeared soft, which was hard to resist touching. Akira smiled up at her, still her eager childish self. ”Akira just hoping to see Daddy. Rumor say all gods are at dance.” Looking back on this moment would cause Akira to kringe, but for now she didn't even bat an eye at her broken common.

She truly did not know how to find danger in the most innocent of situations. If she could, maybe irony would have her be weary of the draconic woman. Regardless, Kythe bowed, and introduced herself. Akira blushed as her smile grew bigger. ”Thank you. Mama Celeste would approve, and Akira hope to see her here, later. I'm Akira Sno, adopted by Nash's. Please meet you.” Her eyes closed and tilted her head with the most adorable smile, unaware that she had messed up the statement.

”Is your dress as soft as it look? May I feel? Oh, you wouldn't know who who here? Where gods are? I no even see any friends yet.” She went to slip her hand into Kythe's own. ”We look together?” Akira could imagine Celeste try to temper her all too trusting personality. To which, Akira would reply that a Stranger is a Friend one has yet to meet. After all, tis the season. Something about this time if year helped bring people together, so why would anyone be warned to avoid one another?

Kythe

Character Info
The girl's broken speech made Kythe smile; what a sweet thing she was! Again she heard her brother's raucous laughter ringing in her head as the girl's speech and sincerity pulled at her heartstrings and again she wished Falkyr was here with her - her brother had always made her feel safe no matter what situation she had found herself in. "Are they now? Well that is exciting isn't it? Is your Father a God then? What is he Deity of?" She asked softly, her eyes fixed upon the beautiful foxling in her gorgeous dress. Part of Kythe's maternal instinct cried out that the parents of this child should have been in attendance and yet she knew how silly that was given her own independence at that age. 

"It is an honour to meet you Akira Sno. Did you come here alone then? That's very brave of you, there aren't many who would come to an event like this on their own with all these strangers. Though I suppose if your Father is a God you have very little to fear." She smiled; she didn't want to frighten the girl but she did wonder how she had managed to sneak out - showed she was resourceful at least. "I must say your common tongue is very good, but the phrase was a little wrong. It's not 'please meet you' it's 'pleaseD to meet you'. Very close though! Is there another tongue you feel more comfortable with or would you prefer to practice?" She asked, hoping that Akira realised she meant no offence. 

Laughing Kythe nodded. "It's velvet and silk, it's very soft. You can touch it if you like." She smiled warmly; by the Gods the girl had enchanted her - if Akira had asked her to throw herself off a cliff there was a chance that Kythe would oblige purely to make sure the child was happy! "No I'm very new here; I know a couple of people but not very many." Clasping Akira's hand in her's the woman smiled; positively glowing as she looked adoringly at the girl. "Yes let's. Come on, I'm sure we can spot some of the Gods together what do you think?"
Akira

Character Info
At the inquiry to her father's identity, Akira ducked her head slightly. She was in no way ashamed of him, and was proud to have such a strong, protective father. But she had been told not to share the information with people. If word got out who she was, while she travels alone, she could get into a lot of trouble from ner-do-wells (whatever that meant). Akira felt that this was a motherly soul, though, influenced perhaps by her heritage. Motioning the woman closer, Akira stood on her tiptoes so she can whisper in Kythe's ear.

”Xunatar, God of Shadow and Chaos.” Akira took a slight step back so she could judge the woman's reaction. Kythe went on to calling her brave, and once more, Akira lowered her head. ”Akira be alone most of life, since baby. Father didn't know of me. No friends back then, cause all kids mean. Pull tail, ears, make fun. No one nice to give home. Accident run on ship, hide from boys, and fell asleep. That how Akira started travel all alone. Mommies don't try to keep me home, cause I just go anyway.” By the time she finished the small monologue, her head had risen with a slight sense of pride.

But she had to pause at the question of her speech. Did she truly come off as common being a second language? Akira shook her head solemnly. ”Common is all Akira know. For six year, nobody teach me. Learn all on my own, listen to people. Mommy Celeste and Larka try, but habit hard break. Akira not home all time, either. I do try, but forget sometime. Now baby twin brother and sister talk almost as good as me! And they only three year! This led to the instant self questioning of how much older she was to them.

After a quick count on her fingers, she proudly displayed her hands. ”I this age!” A total of nine fingers were held up. While the foxling appeared about fourteen or so, she still acted very much a six year old at her most bubbly self. There were times that called for maturity, and she did not daily to act decades beyond her years. After the excitement of feeling the velvet (which reminded her of her own fur if much shorter) died down, and her hand in Kythe's own, the pair was ready to search for the gods.

”I met Angela. She nice. Save my puca friend. Has long red hair, and Akira hear she has many, many kids. Angela is Love. And Life.” The second influence sphere was added as an afterthought. ”Daddy is tall, and white hair like me! Tail and ears like me too! But different eyes. Akira has real mommy eyes.” The two deities were the only two she was aware of their aquaintance. Two rose to deity-hood after she met them. One shrouds herself in secret and has probably already slipped. She has just yet to meet Lokir to realize his rise in power.

Kythe

Character Info
Kythe raised an eyebrow at the answer and looked at the girl in surprise. “Is that so? Well then; I’ll have to make doubly sure to keep his daughter entertained for the evening shall I not?” Kythe said with a smile and a wink.
She listened to the girl’s story and smiled widely. “I know exactly what you mean; I was lucky that when I was your age I had friends but when I was a little bit older I ended up alone and spent a lot of my time in hiding - it’s why I learnt how to take care of myself.”

Again the girl surprised her and Kythe smiled. “Well if you’ve taught yourself then you are not only very good then extremely clever. Learning a language without help is no easy task, it’s very impressive.” She grinned warmly at the young girl; however old Akira was the girl was a true sweetheart. Her innocence and love of the word was admirable and brought a little ray of light into Kythe’s otherwise dark life.
“Nine huh? Well you are a big brave girl then to be travelling alone at your age!” Kythe smiled. “But I am very glad that you are; it’s good to have been able to meet you and make friends with you.”

“I’ve not met Angela yet though my son has asked me to check in with her at some point in the near future.” Kythe replied, mentally reminding herself that she really would have to do that. Listening carefully she nodded.
“Got it, I’ve met Lokir - he’s tall and muscled and has grey hair though my son informs me that he can shift into a colossal bear. Though somehow I doubt very highly that he would come in such a form; I think a bear in a suit might give himself away somewhat don’t you?” Kythe giggled, giving Akira’s hand a squeeze.