Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Deck the Halls [O][Event]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
"Special delivery!" The mechanical and tinny voice of a metal golem rang out as there was a rapping at the door. Opening the door to Serenitas, a hand stuck itself out grasping for whatever the automaton had brought. "I don't remember seeing this kind of stationery before. Hm..it looks fancier than usual. Oh!" Euripides exclaimed as Shiloh's hand took the invitation from his fingers. Pushing the door open, the deity was now fully visible. Fumbling with the envelope, she tore off the entire top flap when she failed to find her letter-opener. She looked like a mess, having holed up in her chambers working out blueprints for the past few days. "…'Season's greetings, we welcome you to this momentous and festive occasion' blah blah blah…filler text, filler text–'everyone is invited to the Reverie Cathedral in Zets'ki Cradle. P.S. Please bring a dish of your choice to the banquet. Bring your item to the Celestial Hall which is located off from the Cathedral. A map has been provided for your convenience'."

Curious, Euripides moved his head over so his optic sensors could peer at the letter's contents. "An invitation to a party? Lucky you! Galatea will probably make you go once she catches wind of this, so you should probably just get ready anyway." Shiloh grumbled, "Yeah, she will. This is going to be a bother…I don't think putting on my best armor is going to cut it this time. And there's one other problem. I'm supposed to bring food. I can't think of anything that I could bring for a big occasion, especially since one of the other Conclave members is the biggest producer of food in the entire world." Sighing, she stared up at the ceiling. "Why not bring something you'd like to see at a party? I'm sure it'll be alright." Euripides chimed, tapping the lower half of his head with a mechanical hand. "…I'll do that. Can you tell everyone about the news? I'm going to need a lot of help, and let Cymbel know too. Maybe we can bring some centerpieces to make up for it."

Hours later the Clephsydra was packed as they flew across the Tori Mountain range, up through the plains, all the way north to the Baltil Mountains. With Erasmus' piloting expertise, they landed smoothly at the celestial haven tucked high up in the lofty snow-capped peaks. Once she understood the scale of what this event detailed, she first declared that all staff would be given a mandatory holiday and the workshops would be closed until it was over. Filing out of the airship, Shiloh and a trail of automatons began unloading decorations and pieces for moving showpieces off on wheeled carts. Greeted by the citizens of the place, she noticed their fair skin and hair. "I bet he'd fit in well with the locals…maybe his mother has angelic ancestry?" The Cathedral here was stunning, and everything here was made of gemstones. The buildings weren't nearly as large or expansive as Antikythera, but they were beautiful. She was tempted to change her own chapel to include a few influences, but using too much gemstone tones would clash with the rest of the Machinarium's interior.

The Celestial Hall was like a miniature world crafted to hold a painting of a night sky. The floating stones and onyx black floor made it feel larger than it actually was. Taking a large steel lidded pot from a cart, she brought it over to the buffet table. Beside it she wrote her name and a description of what she had brought. The placard was very straightforward: 'Shiloh Kyrie' and beneath it read 'Lamb stew–help yourself'. There was a muted siren going off as the myrmidons began hauling in the mechanical showpieces she had planned to put on display in the ballroom. The tarps covering them were removed, and everyone went to work assembling various fantastical metal moving sculptures.

There was one of a pegasus with its rider in flight, and the mount's entire body moved as if it were truly flying the skies. Another was a rotating podium with an ornately decorated chair. One of her staff members, Coppelia, would be sitting there to sing for the guests. She would be in costume, matching the seasonal carol of a snow fairy working her magic. A giant-sized version of a music box was set up in a corner, and when a guest turned the 'key' it would open and play music. Kalinka and Malinka would be posing as dancers inside, dressed in matching clothes with poinsettias in their hats. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Cymbel

Character Info
Name: Cymbel Belerian
Alignment: LG
Race: Fey
Class: Swordmage
Silver: 0
He too had received the invitation, and when Shiloh sent word for him he asked a favor from his supervisor at the flower shop he worked at. Shiloh had sent in an order for many plants and seasonal flora from the Amakusa Flower Shop, and they were loaded up onto her airship to be assembled later at the location of the festivities. While she was fretting over not being able to get out of dressing formally this time, he offered to help. He had been planning to ask which tailor shop she wanted to order from, but instead she asked if he had any spare shirts and pants. Not understanding what she meant, he told her yes. She then asked him if he could let her borrow them. It was only when he saw her on board in the cabins on the Clephsydra that he finally realized why… 

"You could have asked me earlier if you didn't have anything to wear." He said, looking a bit dejected. "If I'd known why you were asking for them I could have gone out and purchased a set of clothes for you." Shiloh was pulling out garlands of intertwined holly and ivy from the boxes, wearing a set of his clothes. "No no, it's fine…I don't like dresses or gowns that much. The sleeves and trousers aren't too long either." Since they were so close in height, his clothes fit her well, but he still didn't understand why she didn't seem to mind wearing something he'd wear. Maybe he could order a special outfit tailor-made for her as a gift later. When they began carrying out the mistletoe branches, he checked if she was looking. While she was distracted, he dangled a bunch of mistletoe sprigs over her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before hurrying off. "Wha–Hey!" By then he was already on the other side of the hall, running with a box of metal ornaments.

Wreaths of evergreen trees, snow roses, bright red amaryllis, and pots of poinsettias were used to bring a spot of color to the otherwise monochrome metal decorations. The staff were also dressed festively, even metal golems like Euripides had hats or a sprig of holly. Earlier he had helped Shiloh with cooking the stew they brought in. There was plenty of dry herbs available this time of year, and he could smell the rosemary and thyme from meters away. The music played by the band of minstrels was lighthearted and cheery, very appropriate for such an event. While browsing through Zets'ki, Shiloh once pointed at a fair-haired half-angel passing by. "Cymbel, she looks just like you." 

His wandering thoughts were intruded by very loud singing coming from a small cloaked figure wearing a red velvet hat trimmed with white fur and a set of fake antlers. "Happy holidays! Have a mint!" The girl then proceeded to grab a handful of candy from the bag she was carrying and shoved them into his hands. "Thank you?" He hesitantly looked down at the wrapped sweets to find they resembled…goldfish? Confused he asked her, "Pardon me, but why are they shaped like goldfish? Normally mints are round and striped." "Oh, because they're lucky!" She replied, grinning. Saluting to him, she marched off in another direction continuing to sing at the top of her lungs. She then proceeded to shove candy into the hands of other unsuspecting party-goers in the same manner. Stunned, he stood blinking for a while holding the strangely shaped peppermints. He did have a weakness for sweets, so he put the rest away after carefully unwrapping one and popped it into his mouth.

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Everything up until today had been a blur. Frankly, she had more trouble with the stew than the statues. She was sure the other members of the Conclave would be bringing their own surprises, but she had a few ideas up her sleeve. Unbeknownst to the revelers, the statues and pieces she had placed around the Celestial Hall were more than just mere mechanical creations. She had hidden her own staff among the decor, posing as pieces of art, dressed up in costume or paint. The myrmidons were nearly unrecognizable when clad in fancy coats, gloves, hats, and over-sized masks. The 'giant nutcrackers' placed around the corners were set in place for her ultimate surprise. When the time was right, she would tip the musicians to play a certain song, signalling all of her hidden staff members to 'come to life' and put on a grand show for all the attendees. At the moment Coppelia was simply pretending to be a snow fairy statue on the rotating podium, and the twin automatons were posing as elegantly dressed dolls.

Satisfied with her work, she stood back and watched the dancers and carolers go about their merry way. Since she doubted most people knew who she was, she pretended to be a porter and took people's coats when they entered. The other deities were dressed to the nines, and the buffet table was filling up nicely. Having Erasmus take over for her, she went to survey what everyone had brought. The seasonal drinks were quite popular, and she picked up a mug of hot cocoa. Smelling it to see if anything had been slipped in, she cautiously took a sip before leaving. As delicious and fragrant as the other stronger drinks were, she had to avoid them at all costs if she wanted this event to stay festive and happy. Food poisoning was probably one of the worst ways to have your holiday ruined, only to be trumped by perhaps getting stranded in a blizzard following an avalanche.

While she was walking about, some child was throwing candy at people and she caught them before they hit her in the head. They looked brightly-colored, therefore they were suspicious. Also the fact they weren't in the shape of something associated with the season raised several red flags. They didn't seem to be cursed, so as long as she didn't eat them they wouldn't kill her. Probably. Many other less scrutinizing folk were already ingesting said candies, so she was expecting multiple cases of illness within the next few hours. 

She knew that Cymbel would likely try to get her a dress if he had known she didn't have anything suitable to wear, but she felt there was no need. Aside from her kimono, it was hard to find something that would fit her well. She never really liked dresses, or anything that was unnecessarily flamboyant. Skirts were easy to trip on, get caught on things, and gave little to no protection. Also, they made her legs cold. Why on earth would she leave her legs bare when they were going to a party on top of a snowing mountain range? Cymbel had been a bit disappointed when she borrowed a set of his clothes, but his mood brightened when she pointed out that now their outfits matched. Wearing a dark blue vest with matching slacks, leather riding boots, a royal blue long coat, and a crisp white shirt–she topped it off with a faux holly sprig on her lapel and a dark blue ribbon to tie her hair back. Cymbel was wearing the same thing, but in shades of purple with a white primrose pinned to his coat. 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Cymbel

Character Info
Name: Cymbel Belerian
Alignment: LG
Race: Fey
Class: Swordmage
Silver: 0
The festivities were coming along smoothly, and though it was difficult to tell; Shiloh was pleased as well. When it was time for the holiday surprise, he saw her give a signal to the myrmidons standing at attention. At once the music began to play, and the mechanical displays they had taken such care to assemble sprang to life! Soldiers in festive garb came out and danced with other automatons posing as dancers. Erasmus and Archytas played the parts of figures in traditional Glaciem folktales. Galatea and Diomedes were playing as a ballerina and a tin soldier, and Coppelia began to sing a lovely aria from her stage. But when the lights were set on the giant music box and the curtains were raised, it was oddly empty. That was strange, he was sure that he remembered Shiloh positioning at least one of the staff members there. 

While the revelers were merely puzzled, Shiloh's face stiffened. It was then that Cymbel sensed that something was amiss. Walking over he whispered to her. "What's wrong? Weren't the twins supposed to be waiting in the music box?" The deity drew her lips into a thin line, and replied tersely. "…Yes. They were. Something's off. I know I told them to stay put until the show started, and they both know better than disobeying direct orders." Her nervous eyes scanned the room and when she didn't find what she was searching for, her fingers began to clench tightly around the metal mug she had in her hand. "They're not here–I can't sense them anywhere. This is impossible! I should've at least picked up a trail or something-"

Taking her free hand, he tried to calm her down. Even though Shiloh called the automatons her 'employees', in truth they were most likely the closest things she considered friends and family. When she first brought him to Antikythera, Cymbel noted how she knew every single one by name–even the myrmidons which bore the same appearance. "I'm sure they'll be alright. Even if they lost their way, they'd find a way to get back." Closing her eyes and breathing in slowly, she nodded in agreement. But unfortunately for them, the bad news didn't stop there. A metal golem wrapped in tinsel garlands donning a bright red fur-lined velvet hat came scrambling over. "Captain, it's terrible! W-what are we going to do?!" The tinny pitch of Euripides' voice screeched. Finally out of the crowds, his metal digits produced a scrap of torn parchment with scraggly handwriting in red. Snatching the note from his fingers, Shiloh began reading before he could even have a look. The scrawl was very difficult to read, but when he was halfway through the first line Shiloh's eyes showed she was almost livid.

The metallic tint of burning slag quickly filled the air, and Cymbel froze when he saw the metal mug melting in Shiloh's other hand. Her hand was clamping tight onto the collapsing drinking vessel's body as the greyish mug was turning into a red-hot molten mess. Through clenched teeth, she summarized the written message. "Someone kidnapped them. They've taken Kalinka and Malinka." "Who took them? I don't understand, why them?" It was hard for her to keep herself from shaking, but Shiloh was doing everything she could to keep herself from erupting in the middle of the cathedral. "I don't know. But they're going to pay–in double with interest. I don't care who they think they are, but nobody kidnaps my employees…especially when I'm around!"

"Fairies will promise you everything, but they always lie. Each and every one of them is a great and terrible beauty."
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
There are two kinds of people who try kidnapping a deity's employees right from under their nose: people with nerve, and idiots. And by the chicken scratch penned in red on that strip of paper Euripides had handed to her, it was both. Some brazen bunch of fools had taken the twin dolls hostage, claiming that they were going to steal away every child just like them in a madcap attempt to bring ruination and suffering on the entire world. The rest of the message was some kind of singsong gloating. But that didn't matter now. What did matter, was that they just kicked the hornet's nest with a torch. 

Reviewing the kidnappers' note, now it all made sense. Somehow they thought Kalinka and Malinka were ordinary twin girls due to their appearance and size. While she didn't have to worry about them getting served up on a silver platter, that did nothing to dampen Shiloh's growing fury. Staring straight ahead as the metal mug of hot cocoa was now a lump of smoldering pewter and tin, she called the attention of the automaton present. "Euripides." The metal golem nervously swiveled his head to her, optic sensors blinking. "Y-yes Captain?" Keeping her voice tone as level as possible, she inquired: "What's a 'krampus'?" "Hm—oh! Ah yes, a krampus! Well, it's some sort of magical creature you see–very much like an imp, with horns and cloven feet…" Inhaling sharply she barked back. "Get to the point." The joints of the automaton squeaked as he jolted in alarm, and he quickly complied. "R-right. It's a monster who goes around targeting bad children around this time of year. They kidnap them and in most cases–heaven help me–they eat them."

She stared in silence for a few moments to process what her scouting unit had just said. "…What?" Sensing that there was some point of confusion, Euripides repeated the information again. "Like I said, they're some sort of horned goat-demon who kidnap–" "No, after that." She interrupted, her eyebrows starting to furrow. "–Er, well they eat children." Another stiff silence followed, which was broken when she repeated the last words slowly. "…They eat children." "Yes, that's right. They–" "What kind of sick monster goes around eating children?" Euripides raised a finger when she held up a hand to stop him. "No, don't answer that. That was a rhetorical question." Pressing her fingers on the sides of her head, she took in a deep breath and let it out. "That's it. They're dead. They're all dead." 

Striding through the crowd, she began peeling off her coat and handed it back to Cymbel. "Wait, where are you going?" He called out after her, trying to keep up as she was making her way for the exit to the Celestial Hall. "To the Clephsydra. Tell Erasmus and Archytas I'll be back after I eradicate every single krampus in the entire world from existence." She hissed through clenched teeth. Changing out of her borrowed suit of clothes, she handed them off to Galatea who saluted her as she closed the airship's outer door. As she fired up the engines, she threw a dart pinning a visual depiction of a krampus onto a cork board hanging from one of the walls in the pilot's cabin. She'd see to it that those little horned devils would regret the day they came into the world.

Her God Powers are: