Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > Checking Up [R/P]
Cerulean

Character Info
Name: Lucas Tasuta
Alignment: TN
Race: Leviathan
Class: Avid Reader
Silver: 2350
The water was relaxing, and as he thought of the oils, suddenly a hand formed out of the water, and grabbed them.

“Oh tha-” Everything stopped. Hand. Water. Voice. Water. Ezili.

Lucas screamed, and jumped out of the water, scrambling out the door. He fell into the hallways, hyperventilating and pointing at the bathroom, his eyes wide. “I SWEAR TO THE GODS I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING I PROMISE PLEASE DON’T EAT ME!” He was almost crying when Lewis and Simone came running. At once, Lewis wrapped the boy in a towel and blanket, holding him for a second to try and stop the shaking.

“It’s ok…we’re here…” Simone was in charge of Ezili detail, and whatever came with that. “I’ve got you, Lucas…it’s okay. It was a mistake…she doesn’t know better…no one is going to eat you.” He let the boy go, but held on to his arms for a moment. “Here…let’s get you to the room…” He helped Lucas up.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry…..” Lucas said between gasps of air. “I’m really sorry….”

“You have nothing to apologize for…”

Fite me
Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Ezili didn’t know what she did wrong and she was filled with something she had never felt better. Simone had come in after Lucas left and Ezili just started to cry. “Ezili…” Simone came out and got a blanket before wrapping her up and picking her up. She was light but also small for her age. Simone didn’t think the girl was going to grow anymore.

“It’s alright Ezili. You didn’t do anything wrong,” Simone’s voice was soft as she came out of the bedroom holding the now in full on tears Ezili. She looked at Lucas and she wasn’t mad. “She probably doesn’t realize that being naked is seen as wrong Lucas. You didn’t do anything wrong. She probably saw water and didn’t hesitate to jump in it.”

Ezili was nodding in her hands, “I didn’t mean to scare you, Lucas.”

“Shh…” Simone hugged her tightly. “She’s upset you are upset. She thinks she hurt you. I’m going to get her to sleep now.” Simone carried the little naiad off. “She likes you a lot Lucas and she doesn’t want to hurt you so she’s upset with herself.”

Cerulean

Character Info
Lewis took Lucas to his room, and after a while, Lucas was able to calm down. By that time, he had come to the realization that Ezili had meant no harm, and that it was all an accident. Still, this left him feeling bad about screaming, and worrying Ezili.

“It’ll have to wait till morning,” Lewis said as he walked to the door. “But the reality is that you two will need to talk it out. I’m not saying you were wrong, but I think an apology would help…” The assassin closed the door behind him, leaving Lucas alone. The boy huffed, unsure of what to do with himself. It was a little too early to go to sleep, but it was too late to do anything else, and he didn’t feel like leaving.

Finally, he closed his eyes, and just lay there. The sound of silence was amazing. There weren’t pirates laughing and fighting. There wasn’t the threat of death every day. Soon, before he knew it, he fell asleep. He dreamed of the lake water, and swimming through it, with the lake turning a pure opal color, the same color as Ezili’s eyes. It was beautiful, and haunting, but pleasant.

It was a good dream….

Fite me
Ezili

Character Info
Name: Ezili Terrowin
Alignment: TG
Race: Naiad
Class: Dancer!
Silver: 2688
Ezili calmed down relatively fast in comparison. “You’ll just have to apologize Ezili. I know you didn’t mean any harm… You didn’t know he was scared of you because he was handling it very bravely.”

Ezili nodded to her now mother as she would find out that’s what Simone would prefer to be called. “Okay… do I do it now?”

“No, maybe when he’s calmed down in a few… but his room is near yours.” Simone brushed her hair and got her dressed in a little nightgown and braided her hair. “Don’t you look cute?” Simone noticed how her ears were more elvish just like Everett’s. It looked so cute on her with her big opal eyes.

Later that night Ezili couldn’t sleep since a bed was weird to her and she peeked outside her room. Lucas’s room was easy to find. She cracked open the door and she made her way in, “Lu–” she was quiet but noticed he was asleep. She climbed onto the bed and laid her head next to his.

She was going to wait until he was awake to tell him but for some reason… his presence was enough to make her fall asleep. Why did she feel so at ease around Lucas?

Cerulean

Character Info
The night passed, and in the morning Lucas found himself waking up slowly. It was strange, though, because for some reason he felt like there was someone next to him. He opened his eyes, and was met with a pale, softly sleeping girl with silver hair. At once, he froze. His first instinct was to scream, but he pushed it down, and instead just lay there, wide eyed. Everything in his body was screaming at him to run away, but he laid there.

“E-Ezili….w-w-w-why….a-are you h-here?” he managed to ask. “Y-you should b-b-be in your room….”

Lewis yawned as he stepped out of Everett’s room, with the baby boy in hand. The bright eyed little boy was all excited to be awake, and was particularly grabby this morning as he tugged on Lewis’ ear. “All right, ya’ little demon…calm down. We’re gonna get breakfast in a moment. I just want to check on Lucas…” He walked down the hall, and to Lucas’ door. He knocked three times quickly.

Lucas gasped, taking in too much air at once. He started to cough and choke on nothing, and rolled off the opposite side of the bed, hitting the floor hard.

Lewis kicked the door in, dagger drawn, “Lucas!? You okay!? Is anything wr-” The assassin saw Ezili, and paused.

Huh…?

Fite me
Ezili

Character Info
Ezili woke up and was rubbing her eyes in the cutest way. “I wanted to–” She yawned as she stretched on the bed. She snuggled her head into the pillow as her eyes looked up at him. “I wanted to apologize to you last night but you were asleep so I wanted to wait… I must have fallen asleep too.”

Once Lewis came in Ezili was confused and she balled up a bit. The panic had even managed to make Simone show up in her robe as she looked in on it. “Ezili?”

Ezili perked up, “I came to apologize to Lucas last night! Just like you said!”

Simone froze for a moment and chuckled, “You couldn’t sleep could you?”

The girl shook her head and Simone patted Lewis’s on the shoulder, “I think Lucas thinks you’ll be mad that Ezili is in here.”

“But why?”

“Because it’s a tad improper that’s all. People might get the wrong idea about you and Lucas.” Simone’s words didn’t reach her as Ezili did a cute little head tilt.

“But why?”

“I’ll… explain it to you later.” Simone was trying to hold her laughter in.

Cerulean

Character Info
Lucas popped up from where he had fallen on the floor, and sighed. “I promise nothing was happening, I swear I just woke up and-”

Lewis sighed and sheathed the dagger. “I know very well what happened,” the assassin said with a grumble. “We’ll nail out the details later, but…just…try to keep it from happening again. Ezili, why don’t you go to your room and get ready for breakfast. One of the maids can help find you clothes.” His gaze turned to Lucas. “As for you, I’d suggest you do the same.”

As Ezili left, Lewis took one last lingering look at Lucas. “She doesn’t know better, so…don’t take advantage of this. I expect good things from you.”

Lucas shivered as the assassin left the room, leaving him to his own devices.

Lucas came down the steps and into the dining hall, where he took his normal seat. Awaiting him was a cup of hot colored water that smelled amazing. “What…what is this?’ he asked as he blew on it, taking a quick sip. “It’s…really good.”

Fite me
Ezili

Character Info
Ezili nodded, “Yes…” She looked at Simone and Simone nodded. “Yes, Daddy I’ll go,” Simone said that Daddy or Father was a good thing to call. Daddy sounded cuter to her and she kissed his cheek before running out of the room towards her own.

The maids helped her and Simone brought in some of her old dresses from Younger Simone. “These might fit her.” She had kept them just in case of a situation like this where she could give them to someone else. She thought it was going to be Dala.

“I like this one,” Ezili was holding onto a blue fabric and Simone smiled. She really did like the colors blue and purple.

“They can bring you down for breakfast when you are ready alright?” Simone checked on her one last time before she made her way to get dressed. Once she was downstairs she overheard Lucas and sat next to Lewis. “It’s tea. That particular tea is a breakfast blend. There are lots of different ones… Is that something you would be interested in trying?” Simone was trying to strike up a conversation with Lucas.

It was a good fifteen minutes later when Ezili came down with a cute off shoulder blue dress. It had been tied tightly in the back to fit her. Her long white hair had half been pulled back and braided. She was looking at the table as the butler pulled out a seat for her.

“Ezili?” Simone looked at her. “What have you been eating for the last three days?”

“Kelp!” Ezili stuck out her tongue in disgust.

“Alright, we’re going to have to teach you how to use utensils…” She looked at Lucas. “Do you think you can show her?” This would be good for Lucas. Breakfast was being brought out and it looked more like a feast. “We decided since we couldn’t have a large dinner last night for Ezili’s arrival that a breakfast celebration would be worth it. Also–” Simone cracked open a bottle of wine and poured a glass for all four of them. “A little toast to welcome home Ezili and Lucas~ We mustn’t forget that Lucas has decided to stay with us as well and that means much doesn’t it?”

“Yes!” The staff said together. “Welcome home Miss Ezili and Master Lucas!”

This should cheer both of them up. Alshaya was handed to Simone after she was done eating and she had large pinkish almost purple eyes watched the two of them now. “They are new… Do you like them Alshaya?” Her feet kicked a little as she blew bubbles and fought off a nap.

Cerulean

Character Info
Lucas was excited to try the different teas, and he showed it. For most of the first part of breakfast, Lucas and Simone discussed different types of tea and what they tasted like, as well as the different effects they could have on the mind and body. It was fascinating, and Simone even mentioned a book that had a lot of this information in it, as well as where to find it in the smaller library. This gave Lucas something to look forward to after breakfast.

When Ezili walked in, Lucas was almost speechless. She was…cute. Even her disgust at the kelp she had been eating was adorable, and the boy was blown away at just how elegant she was despite herself. When he was asked to help show her how utensils work, he nodded. It wasn’t something he used often due to his upbringing, but he at least knew the basics. Nothing like a fancy noble, but better than most.

The ridiculous amount of food was served, and Lucas’ stomach growled loudly in response. He had never seen so much food in one place before, even when they had raided nobleman’s ships. Egg, sausage, bacon, toast, pancakes, waffles and anything else you could think of, you name it. It was all the boy could do to keep his wits as his plate was loaded up with more than his fill, and he scarfed it all down, taking the time to show Ezili how to use the knives and forks.

“This is amazing!” Lucas said between mouthfuls. “I’ve never…what is this? It’s SO good! Is that a melon? It’s so sweet! The bacon is practically melting…I’ve never even HAD bacon….this is incredible!”

Fite me
Ezili

Character Info
Ezili was all excited about the food as were the other kids. No one was more excited than Lucas and Simone was happy about it. Ezili caught on how to use the utensils easily enough before she started to eat her fill too. “Oh! THIS IS SO SOFT!” Ezili had some of the angel food cake that had been given to her. “LUCAS!”

She held out her fork with the angel food cake on it. “TASTE IT!” Simone looked up and motioned at Ezili. “OH!” She took the knife and slid it off onto his plate. “LIKE THAT?!” Simone nodded and chuckled a bit as she fed Fiori some of the cake.

Simone was chuckling at Lucas now, “Well, remember what you like the most and as long as it’s healthy… You can have it every morning. If It isn’t healthy you can have it mabyee every other day. Alright? All you have to do is tell our chef. This is your home now Lucas… You are free to do whatever and have whatever you want. Same with you Ezili.”

“I don’t know what I want!” Ezili was squealing as she tried more food. “BUT I LIKE IT ALL!”

Simone smiled at Lewis. “We did good.”