Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > Returning Home [P][R]
Wesley Meas

Character Info
Name: Wesley Meas
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycan
Class: Hunter/Archer
Silver: 492
"I know. I just was hoping I could make it a bit less shocking for you." Wesley said, "I'm sorry for not mentioning it sooner."

His mother listened intently as Hana described Sularia and whom they are willing to take. It sounded like a much better place to be than the poor areas of Jayou. And if they were willing to take anybody, it seemed like a promising place to go. Then they both listened as Hana began to ask how much he thought they were getting paid. Now that Wesley thought about it, he didn't actually know. He knew about the details of the job, since that was what he found most important, but he had assumed it was just a regular payment.

"Um, like 15 or 20 silver?" He guessed.

His jaw dropped at the real price and his eyes almost popped out of his head. He had been expecting a much much lower price. This was beyond what he thought he would ever get paid on anything! His mother was also looking at the contract with wide eyes but then she turned to Wesley with that, mom is going to scold you, look. She wasn't mad but she knew that he couldn't continue this behavior.

"Wesley what did I say about contracts?!" She said, "Read it before you sign! You are VERY lucky that this turned out so well for you and that you have this darling girl watching your back."

"Right! Won't do that again mam!" Wesley said quickly.

Snapping out of mom mode, she turned back to the table and began to eat some of the beef. Suddenly, the door opened. An older man walked in, around his forties, and looked up with a shocked look on his face when he saw the strangers in his home. The man smelled of beer and was dressed in old ragged clothes. His beard was long and messy and there were bags under his eyes from long nights of gambling.

"Husband." Cadence said curtly.

"What the hell are you doin alive?" The man asked, "I thought you were…was dead. And what the fucking hell is he doin here?"

The man pointed towards a cabinet but was clearly trying to point at Wesley. The father then squinted his eyes, as though he was trying to recognize Hana but couldn't quite see clearly.

"And he's got a bitch with em!" The father said.

That was the last straw. Wesley's eyes were filled with a dark hatred of this man and years of anger were all coming out now. He leapt from his chair, rushed towards his drunken father, and began pummeling him in the face. Wesley was a surprisingly good fighter. He first went for the throat to make the man shut the fuck up. Then his hand grasped his father's head as he slammed the man's head into the wall several times. His father flailed about, trying to find some way to fight back but was too drunken to do anything properly. After a few more hits, Wesley snatched his throat and dragged him towards the exit. He threw him outside and looked down at his bloodied father.

"Step anywhere near us again, and I'll bury you." He said with a seething hatred.

Hana Rose

Character Info
Name: Hana Rose
Alignment: TN
Race: Rosenite/Lycanthrope
Class: Explorer
Silver: 2909
“I’ve just never seen it before. It doesn’t change how I feel about you Wes,” Hana gave him a sad look before shaking her head. “You are silly if you thought it would.”

Hana watched as he about dropped to the ground and snorted. It was wild to see him being scolded by his own ma. As soon as the man came in Hana jumped up and ran in front of Cadence. “Stay behind me,” she was actually surprised when her normally sweet Wesley was angry.

She had never seen him angry before but by the way, she caught the cues, this was a long time coming. Hana clenched her teeth as his father called her a bitch. “Charming, I can see you didn’t get your attitude from him.” There was a load of venom dripping from her lips.

Hana pulled out a jeweled flask and opened it. “No offense Wes… but I can handle myself,” she walked forward and kissed him softly. “Go to your Ma. I got my own business with your old man.” She was sure that they were gonna watch this as she stepped over and poured the drink all over his father. “Wake the fuck up Old Man,” she got down and crouched by him. “Tell me, are you the reason why Wes wouldn’t look me in the fucking eyes for months?”

The drink would sober him up and it was healing his wounds completely. It was a powerful concoction. He would be awake and sober for the anger she was showing him. “Rise and shine you drunken bitch.” she had her dagger out and she was turning his head. “Wes kinda looks like you a little,” she was trying to see the similarities.

“Only dead men get to call me a bitch though. I’ve killed more people from here to Canelux than you can imagine. I’ve ripped their throats out in the light of the moons. I’ve ordered men to end the lives of prisoners. Being the daughter of the lead warrior gives responsibilities that make you grow up fast. I’ve always loathed people like you who could give people like Wesley a childhood but don’t. I didn’t get much of one but that was by choice. Parents are supposed to protect you and love you, that’s something Ma always beat into our heads with her words or a wooden spoon.”

She gave a smirk, “Now Wesley is a lot kinder than I am. You have a good boy and he’s going to make a good mate and father eventually. It’s not thanks to anything you did by the way he talks. It kinda honestly makes me hate you.” Once she saw the flask was fully done she pulled the man up and swiftly gave him a left hook before hefting him up and throwing him a good ten feet. “Get lost. Come back here and I’ll have my siblings tell me. If you thought the beating Wesley gave you was bad you don’t want to see what I would do to you.”

Hana spit on the ground to make a point and she glared until the man was out of sight. “OKAY! Now we can be happy again~” She bounced her way to their sides. “So~ Do we need anything else for dinner?”

Wesley Meas

Character Info
Wesley knew that Hana could handle herself. He had seen the Roses and he had seen her running speeds. She could outrun the bastard and kill him easily. This was more for himself and for his mother. For the years of childhood he never got to see. For the pain the man brought to his mother. And for every minute of that wretched man's existence. The only reason why Wesley didn't kill him was cause he didn't want to become the monster his father tried to make him into. He was not the overly toxic man that his father wished for.

"Feel free to throw him to the underworld." He said to Hana sweetly before going to his mother.

His mother was shocked to say the least and was looking up at Wesley with a surprised face. There were so many surprises and shocks to his mother, that Wesley wondered if she needed to take a rest. But when he looked her in the eyes, he could see a look of joy. His father never hit his mother, since she would hit him back with a rolling pin, but he wasn't kind to her. The only reason she stuck with him is cause he had the finances to keep them afloat. Now all of that was gone and there was nothing useful about that man. The both of them could hear the sounds of a terrified man outside. Neither of them knew what she was doing, since they were inside but they both knew it wasn't pleasant. Wesley had a proud look on his face that said, that's my awesome girlfriend.

"Wesley, you found a good one. Don't let her slip by." Cadence said.

"Yeah. I really did." Wesley said with a smile.

Meanwhile the father was looking up at Hana in pure terror after she revived him with a concoction. He didn't actually care about what she was saying, he was just terrified out of his mind. Then she gave him a left hook and threw him ten feet. He slammed into the wall and could barely get back up again. Once he did, he crawled away, back into the city never to be seen again.

Wesley and Cadence looked up as Hana came back into the building. Cadence had this, I'm going to make you my daughter in law, look and Wesley was just going over how lucky he was to have her.

"I think this is more than enough food." Wesley's mother said with a smile, "Besides, you two have a mission, don't you? Figuring out why people are coming back to life is gonna be very important for all of us."

Cadence's mother had a sharp mind and was easily able to put together why they were here. She dealt with a scheming husband and a little boy for a long time before her death along with everything else in her life. She had to be quick.

Hana Rose

Character Info
Name: Hana Rose
Alignment: TN
Race: Rosenite/Lycanthrope
Class: Explorer
Silver: 2909
Threatening the guy even if it wasn’t listening was making Hana feel better about everything. She was helping herself to some of the juice once she was inside. “Oh! Good! I want to make sure there are no hungry tummies when we leave this house!”

Hana had seen the looks she was being given. It was a nice thing to be seen in that light. “Yeah, I didn’t sense any evil magic but that doesn’t mean it exists.”

The thought went to Yucca first. “I think… Yucca lives above their restaurant but we would have to go see her and her beau. I think that we can bring much-needed closure too if we did that.” She could tell this was a painful place for Wesley. “After that, we can focus on the hows and the whys. Honestly, I don’t think Ma would have given this job if she thought it was going to be too dangerous. The goal of this isn’t to kill the people that came back since they aren’t undead so to speak. Just looking at you I can tell you are alive and a lycanthrope. That is good.”

She put her hand to her chin, “We use necromancy back home for interrogation so it could be that kind of magic.” She shrugged and helped with dinner after that. “If we run into any trouble the moon is almost full so at least we’ll be at full strength to fight anything major if we can stall them,” Hana spoke as she helped clean up and get some plates. “In my tribe, we always save the big attacks for the full moon and we shift. It’s a symbol and its a show of raw power. My brother Jet struggled with his shifts where I didn’t. It’s like he said if our tribe wasn’t traditional I would be taking my pa’s place instead of him. It’s not that I don’t mind though I got to meet Wesley while stupid Jet gets stuck in the tribe having to fend off all the potential mates for him~” She snorted with a laugh.

Hana bumped her hip at Wesley’s with a smirk as she wordlessly flirted with him. She had no shame in it and they had done more stuff than they cared for. “Once we’re done eating I think I’m going to secure a new location for us to stay. No offense, I don’t trust your old man and on top of that, we’re in the zone where the necromancy was performed. Yucca should have spare rooms in her house. What do you think?” She looked between Cadence and Wesley. “You are coming with us Cadence! After all, you said you wanted to go to Sularia!”

Wesley Meas

Character Info
His girlfriend didn't sense any evil magic but that didn't mean there wasn't anything bad going on somewhere. And whomever raised the dead did it in perfect condition. Most necromancers he'd heard about could only bring back the corpse or an imperfect body. But his mother looked exactly like she did when he last saw her. Except not sick, thankfully. She then began mentioning Yucca. Wesley was ready to get out of the house. There were too many memories both pleasant and unpleasant. But more importantly, he had to get his mother out of the house. Now that she was alive, he wouldn't let a disease or anything else take her away again. This house was old and poor and had a dirt floor. As Hana continued to explain the situation, he began to help clean up. However, he was getting a bit distracted. His eyes were lingering on Hana and how well she looked in that outfit, specifically the lower areas.

"You can stare at her bum after you finish cleaning up." His mother said with smirk, "Now get to it."

Wesley's face was pink but he finished his work and walked towards Hana, standing by her side as she talked about her brother Jet. Wesley listened intently, since he didn't know much about Lycan tribes. But now that his mother was alive, perhaps he could ask if they had ever been in a tribe once. He then felt Hana bump her hip against his and he gave her a smile in turn. Then, very subtly, he moved his lips towards her neck and gave her a kiss. It was subtle and quick so that not even his mother had noticed it. Of course, they had a lot of practice with that kind of thing on the way to Jayou.

"That would probably be a good idea." His mother said, "I've been sick of this house ever since we first moved in. I think its about time I got out of this ol shack and found something better. Like Wesley has."

Cadence wasn't wrong. At the end of the day, this really wasn't Wesley's home anymore. He'd left it long ago. Now his place was with Hana. Now that he thought about it, the first time he really felt like he was safe and at home was when he was with her. It was strange. They had met by chance and now he couldn't imagine his life without her. Life was a wonderful and crazy thing.

"Yeah lets get out of this house." Wesley agreed, "I think there are better places for us."

"Wait, let me go get my white dress. I've kept that thing clean for fifteen years and I'm not about to leave it behind." His mother said quickly.

Cadence quickly dashed to the little chest and picked up the gown. Then she rushed towards the kitchen and grabbed the rolling pin. Everything else was cheap and could easily be replaced, especially if she was able to get a job now. No little kids to look after, no wretched husband to worry about. She was feeling more free then she had in a long long time. Wesley couldn't help but smile at his mother's new energy.