Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > Reacquaintance (P, R?)
Aspect

Character Info
Name: Aspectia Gaunt
Alignment: CG
Race: Shapeshifter
Class:
Silver: 4614
Jayou, the River City, was a pleasant place. Aspect came every so often to see the new arts and creations made by the artisans that come from all around to sell their wares. She'd also enjoy the opportunity to gamble when she had the chance, though not enough to threaten her lively hood, just enough to make it a little more lively. She wouldn't cheat, but she did enjoy riling up others at the table. Shapeshifters weren't really appreciated at the gambling table, and it was really convenient for her that most folks couldn't keep a straight face when they were sitting with one. It wasn't difficult for her to discern who had which cards based on how they reacted to presence, nevermind how the reacted when she usually won the game. 

If she was feeling particularly bold, she would sneak into the spas also in some form or another. The warm wet air was refreshing in moderate doses. It was at the spa when she was lounging casually under a bench in the steam room, that she caught word that a fight had broken out nearby. Half asleep in her otter form, she cocked an ear up in curiosity so she could hear better. The fight involved two young men a short distance outside the spa and she relaxed slightly. Fights weren't uncommon here, especially among the young male population. Gambling and alcohol were more than enough to push some individuals to the point of violence. Her ears perked forward at the mentioning of wings. One of the young men had wings? It almost sounded like they both did.

Interested, she lifted her head and looked up at the individuals speaking, a couple women with towels wrapped around their bodies. She peeked between the one woman's feet to see where the other ladies were sitting in relation to the door. They would see her leave, no doubt, but they were far enough away that their location wouldn't interfere with her escape. She was more interested to see two angels fighting in the street than worrying about being caught. She lifted herself up and crawled out from her hiding spot, her fur slicked back and almost having the appearance of slime. 

Quickly, she made her way towards the door, her tail dragging on the floor behind her. Almost instantly there was a series of screams from the women sitting in the spa as she made her appearance. She couldn't help rolling her eyes, especially after they started calling her a rat and jumping up on the benches they were previously sitting on. Some people just overreacted way too much at times. A rhythmic thumping could be felt through her paws on the floor as a guard or attendant rushed towards the room they were in. She took the moment they opened the door to change swiftly into the form of a small sparrow and dart out the door before the women could say anything. 

In this form, her feathers were damp and heavy, making flying difficult. She wouldn't be able to fly for very long before having to stop and clean the water off. She flittered through an open window in the lobby of the spa and gained elevation. Rising high above the building, she could see the gathering of people a short distance away in a rough circle, where she assumed the fight was occurring. As the ladies in the spa had said, the one young man did indeed have wings, large and batlike. Further intrigued, she found herself a stack of crates overlooking the ongoing incident and alighted atop it. She changed forms into that of a red tabby and proceeded to groom the water off her fur as she watched the fight continue. As she watched, one of the individuals became more familiar and she had a funny feeling she'd seen him before. For now, she would let the fight continue as it had.

It didn't last nearly as long as she expected, but she assumed that was a good thing. Less time for them to beat each other senseless was usually a good thing unless one of the two deserved it in the first place, then she wished it had been just a little longer. Carefully, she climbed down to a lower box and sat on the lid, a little lower than eye level with the one young man. As he walked by, she couldn't help but call out, "A little worse for wear now, aren't ya?" She'd be able to get a better look at him when he stopped and turned around if he heard her at least. Maybe then she could pinpoint where she'd seen him before, as ridiculous as it was. People from all over Revaliir came here to do business, the chance of her knowing him was very slim. 

I use Action & Intention Roleplay Formatting

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Race: Celestial Dragonstar
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 787
The fight had ended, leaving Drake bruised, yet satisfied with the overall outcome. Neither of them had walked away unscathed, and it felt more than liberating to have finally cut loose. The overall stress that had plagued the dracocian had lessened, and he felt able to focus more on the task at hand. He reverted himself back to his full human form, and stretched out, letting the lactic acid in his muscles loose.

Much to his surprise, though, was a familiar voice from behind him. He turned around to see none other than Aspect, his eyes locking with hers as recognition hit. It had been a long time since he had seen her, and a lot had happened since.

A smile spread across his face, and he had to resist the urge to immediately go in for a hug. With the way his mood was, he was happy and excited to meet an old friend. “Aspect!” he said with a wide grin. He glanced down at himself, noting that his clothes were a little torn, but he was still at least modest.

“Yes,” he replied to her statement. “I erm…well, it’s a bit complicated to explain. The fight, I mean.” He laughed almost nervously. “Well, basically…the guy seemed like he needed to let loose some stress, and I just happened to be the target. Better me than someone who can’t take it.” Drake ran his hands through his lengthening hair. He realized that it hadn’t been cut since even before he had met Aspect the first time. He must look a little rough.

“What have you been up to?” Drake asked. While he was in a hurry to help, he also knew that trying to look without a plan had only added to his own stress before the fight. Perhaps this was fate, per say, merely guiding him down a path that would lead to where he needed to be.

Aspect

Character Info
Class:
Aspect watched curiously as the young man turned around. He was definitely battered and banged up, his clothes were torn and his hair had grown out, but his eyes hadn't changed since they last parted ways. Drake. It took her a second to recognize him but when she did, she couldn't help a smile. "Hello Drake," she said, flicking her tail lightly. She jumped off the crates at his feet and walked between his legs, rubbing herself against his boots as cats often do, in order to avoid suspicion. He still smelled faintly like smoke and she hadn't realized until she was near him how much she missed it. She smirked, it likely was a little bizarre to be seen talking to a cat. She'd change in a moment, but she remembered last time that he enjoyed petting her fur, so she would stay in this shape for a little while in case he wanted to.

"You seemed to hold your own well," she smiled up at him. "Was he a dragon also? I saw his wings." She leaped back up on to the box so they could be back on the same level. "As for myself, I've been doing pretty well. Traveling as always, still, have that wanderlust. Seeing new places and meeting new people all the time. I was enjoying the spas here when I heard there was a fight going on and being me, I wanted to watch." She shifted into her human form and dangled her legs over the edge of the crate. Running her hand through her hair, she pushed it out of her face so she could see him clearly. "I can't say I was disappointed in how it turned out." 

"So what have you been doing since we parted ways? Did you ever find that girl you were looking for? How's flying coming?" She didn't realize she had so many questions until they all spilled forth. Ah well, it'd been a while since she'd had a companion to talk to. The trouble with traveling is that she never stayed in one place for too long, hence the friendships she made were typically brief and fleeting. It was few and far between when she'd have company for more than a day or two at a time. Besides, what were the odds of running into someone she knew in this place? 

She slid off the boxes and stood in front of him. Giving him a smirk, she grabbed him by the arm and started walking. "Come on, I've won quite a bit of coin here gambling and you could use a bath, a trim, and some new clothes." 

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Firesong

Character Info
As Drake had traveled a lot of the world, he knew how it felt to have one off meetings with many people. There was only one other person he had met more than once by a stroke of luck, and that was less luck, and more the Gods or greater bringing them together. The fact that he had met Aspect once again was quite shocking, but he barely had to question it. As always, he had a way with fate and destiny.

“It really is you!” he said. The fact that he had recognized her aura was a testament to how far he had come since he had started the whole journey. He felt much lighter, as though a heavy weight had been lifted from his heart. Of course, he had a lot of other issues that had popped up since they last met, but overall he felt as though they were in a much better situation overall.

“The other guy? I think he was a dragon. Or something close. He certainly had the strength of one,” Drake said, answering the first of many questions. He took a deep breath. His heart was still racing from the adrenaline.

Drake knew that Aspect had a wanderlust and desire to explore anywhere and everywhere. It was something that he had experienced before. Although now, he felt as though settling in one place was easier and safer.

“It’s a long story,” Drake said finally, after listening to the variety of questions Aspect had asked. “Well, the short version at least…” He cleared his throat. “I finally found my way to Zets’ki. When I got there….well, a lot happened. I did find her, by the way! Her name is Danwe. And she…well…” He crossed his arms. “It’s really complicated. Basically…she is, and isn’t the same woman. The dragon was very…disappointed. He and I aren’t really getting along as well as we used to,” Drake stated. “Anyway, Danwe was looking after a thief boy named Xeik. Apparently they messed with the plans of a black guild. So they were being hunted, and well…” Drake grinned. “I chased them off by shifting into a full dragon. The look on their faces was priceless.”

He paused his mini-rant. “Oh. I uh…guess that wasn’t too short. A lot has happened.” He was surprised when she came up and grabbed him by the arm, pulling him along. “Oh? You gamble?” The draconian was a bit surprised. “I didn’t take you for one. My boss, Raile, it quite the gambling man. He owns a shop here down the road.”

“So where are we headed to first? I can tell you the best places around here.”

Aspect

Character Info
Class:
Aspect held his arm as they continued into the city. She couldn't help but smile, what luck in finding her friend again, especially in this place. It was incredibly refreshing to have company for a change, it had been a long time. She listened to him as they went, as he answered her questions. Another dragon? She had met a few, but it seemed they were becoming more common as of late. She was curious as he discussed his adventures since they'd last parted ways. It seemed he'd been all over the place, as she had been, seeing new places and meeting new people.

She was disappointed for him to hear that his search for the woman of his dreams was at once both successful and unsuccessful. She knew very well how people could change over time, some in more ways than others. "I'm sorry your mission to find her didn't work out as well as you hoped, Drake," she said quietly. She gave a smile as he cheerfully declared how he scared off an entire guild by turning into a dragon. "I'm sure it was rather unexpected. The dragon inside is rather imposing to those unfamiliar with it." She recalled the dragon fondly, she never thought he was intimidating, but she also had experience with them before and knew what she was getting into.

She laughed when he asked about her gambling. "I don't partake often," she said giggling. "But it is a fast way to earn a decent amount of money with little time and effort. Particularly if you're good at it, if you aren't, well, it's a fast way to lose a decent amount of money with little time and effort also." She looked at him when he asked where they were going. "Well, a bath, a trim, and some new clothes are all going to happen, you decide the order. My treat." She was a quiet a moment. "Are you hurt from the fight? Maybe we should see a medic before anything else." She hadn't thought about it earlier, but it had been a rough fight and he could be hiding an injury she simply couldn't see. 

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Firesong

Character Info
Upon being asked his condition, Drake looked himself over. He didn’t feel anything out of place, but that did not mean much due to his adrenaline rush after the fight. He was still running off of the tail end of that high, and now that Aspect was mentioning it, he felt sore more than anything. “I think I’m okay. Most of the damage has already healed, though I’ll probably feel sore for the next few days.” He stretched out, feeling his muscles out.

“I guess the most logical would be to clean up first. I hear there’s a great community spring around the corner here,” he said with a smile. He rarely went to community springs due to his extensive knowledge of the private ones hidden behind Raile’s shop, but those were a special place for a variety of different reasons, the first and foremost being a private spot for him and Danwe to relax away from everyone. It wouldn’t be the worst idea to experience the springs with friends, and potentially meet new people.

“I’ve never been much of a gambler, though I did throw myself into a fighting ring once and awhile for some coin, but that’s hardly gambling when you’re the one participating in the fight.” He had contemplated doing some fights again, using Raile as a bookkeeper, but had ultimately decided against it in the long run. Working with a merchant as a bodyguard and general helper was surprisingly fulfilling work, and while it was less thrilling than exploring the world and all its dangers, came with a sense of stability.

“So what have you been up to?” Drake asked. “I know you’ve traveled a lot. Any new sights? Have you visited Onnen yet?” The draconian had yet to leave for Onnen himself, and was curious about the new continent.

Aspect

Character Info
Class:
After hearing his hesitant answer, she gave him a worried look for a moment before reminding herself that he was a tough kid and part dragon at the same time. He would more than likely be alright. This helped reassure her and she nodded at his suggestion to the community spring. She returned his smile as they continued down the street towards the spring. "Lead the way, stranger," she said playfully. She laughed as he talked about his stint in the fighting ring. That was such a thing for him to say, always fighting or getting into trouble somehow. But she wasn't a saint either, she was sure gambling was a sin in its own way to somebody. 

"Well, after we parted ways. I did spend a bit of time in Zets'Ki Cradle, seeing the sights and the city. I ended up going to the winter formal they had there at the Celestial Hall. Met a lovely young lady there, her name was Akori. Quite a charming little vixen that one was, definitely an evening I'm not going to forget any time soon. I'd like to see her again at some point in the future, but I haven't heard from her again since we parted ways the morning after." She shrugged. Somethings weren't meant to last long, but that wouldn't stop her from loving what little time she had with her. 

"Also had a run-in with a very old friend down in Egjora City," she said remembering her exploration there. "I doubt I'll ever see her again either. A rather interesting crew I ran with there, an elf, a rabbit, and a fox. Hah, almost sounds like the beginning of a good joke. But that's been about it since I wandered up this way." She perked up at the mention of Onnen. "I haven't been yet, have heard about it as I'm sure most have by now. Let me know when you get tired of comfy living and want to stretch your wings a bit. We go explore there for a little while. I haven't found many others that are either interested or capable of flight. It's rather unfortunate a great many like to keep themselves on the ground, even though flying is infinitely faster."

Following Drake, they quickly made their way to the community springs. They were very large pools, with an assortment of individuals in attendance, some in various stages of undress. She watched them curiously, she couldn't recall ever going to a public place like this to swim, very unlike the creeks or rivers and lakes she was used to. She didn't swim in human form often and found it rather awkward, considering she had so many other forms much more adept in the water, however, she didn't feel any of them were appropriate here, given the circumstances. Frankly, she didn't want to see all that was hidden beneath the water at this place. 

She perched lightly on the edge of the spring, sitting cross-legged and watched her fellow companion get cleaned up, diverting her eyes elsewhere when necessary. When asked by others why she wasn't jumping the water, she would simply say she didn't swim and leave it at that. Drake knew otherwise but hoped he wouldn't say anything, she'd be more honest with him than the strangers if he did. Fortunately, he didn't take long. "Where to next?" she asked him hopefully after a little while.  

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Firesong

Character Info
“It sounds like you’ve had quite some fun,” Drake replied happily. He had always enjoyed hearing other’s tales of late, having been stuck in Jayou for some time. Her idea of stretching his wings and taking off to Onnen was a tempting one, and he might take her up on it at some point should they meet again. In the meantime, though, they had arrived at the springs.

Drake made his way in, and started to undress in the changing room. Not that he had any shame. He didn’t exactly take his time, nor did he try to rush when cleaning off the dust from his fight. For the most part, he really was unharmed save for some bruising in various places. Any cuts he had received had already started to heal over, if not disappeared completely. Satisfied with it all, he rinsed himself by taking a quick dip, enjoying the natural spring water before drying off and changing back into his regular, still shredded attire.

“All right then,” Drake said as Aspect asked where they should head next. “Probably should go ahead and get a trim, and then head to the tailor. Raile is going to barely recognize me once we’re finished,” the draconian mused. He thought about the route to get there, and excitedly lead the way. The trimming of his hair took little to no time at all. When he walked out of the barbers, he looked almost like he did when they had first met.

“Lastly, clothing…” Drake said as he started towards the shop. “I’ve never been good at picking out my clothes. I spent way too long in travel gear and armor…maybe you can help pick something out? Danwe would probably be happy for me to wear something that suits me for once.”

Aspect

Character Info
Class:
Aspect was relieved to see that her companion was relatively unharmed from his fight. Many of his wounds were already starting to heal on there own. He didn't take long to remove the dirt and grime and reappeared in front of her after a short while. She stood up to meet him as he came toward her in his torn clothing. She chuckled as he mentioned getting a haircut next and nodded as he led the way. He seemed rather excited to be off, as it had been a while since he'd gotten cleaned up properly. She waited patiently for him outside of the barber's and he came out looking considerably less shabby than he had upon going in. 

She smiled. He did look much better, very similar to how he'd looked when she first met him with his sleek dark hair and clean-shaven. "You clean up nice, dragon," she said teasing him. She followed him into the clothing shop and looked around at the various selection of garments. "I can try," she said as she felt the material of certain clothing. "I just don't buy new clothes too often. What I do get, I have to get them magically altered so that I don't go through clothes every time I change my form." She thought a moment before adding, "It may not be a bad idea to consider having a set of clothes magically altered for you either. In case you have to change suddenly into a dragon, you'd at least have some clothes on your back when you became human again. Just a thought."

She browsed through some shirts, looking Drake up and down to guess his size and measurements. "So you work here in Jayou?" she asked him. "What do you do? That'll probably determine what we get." She found some nice long sleeve linen shirts that he could wear for casual purposes or work, depending on his occupation. She also found a few slightly higher quality shirt, that was starched and pressed in case he had a higher-level job that required him to dress well. She found a pair of sturdy pants and one pair of dressier slacks for if he ever had to attend a more formal occasion. Handing these to him, she scooped a pair of boots off the floor and placed them on top of the pile in his hands, before spinning him around to face the dressing area. "Let me know how you like these and if they fit okay. I'll probably have more by the time you're done." 

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |
Firesong

Character Info
Getting new clothes had been something on his list for quite some time, however with everything that had been consistently happening, it had been relegated to the bottom of his ever expanding list of things to do. To have someone, more or less, force him into doing it was probably better for him overall.

When Aspect had mentioned getting magically altered clothes, Drake paused, looking at her. “You know, it’s never something that I had considered. It does make sense though. We can get them here, and maybe I can have Raile or one of the twins look at it. Or maybe they know someone in the Rose family who can.” It didn’t really dawn on Drake that he hadn’t explained a lot of the names he was dropping, but when Aspect asked what he did for work, it gave him a bit of an opportunity to explain.

“Ah, yes…I do work here in Jayou,” Drake said with an excited smile. “It’s a bit of a long story, but Danwe…er, the woman from my dreams, and a thief boy named Xeik, well, we were chased out of Zets’ki by a guild of assassins. We ended up here, mostly broke, but as it turned out, Raile was opening a shop up here. Raile is…well, he’s a really smrat merchant who ended up business partners with twin Rosenites. One of them is this amazing smith, and the other one is a brilliant alchemist. Between the two of them, and all of Raile’s contracts, he decided to settle here. And, well, when we arrived, we needed work.”

“These look good,” Drake said as he looked over a few of the items Aspect had already chosen. “Technically, my job it as a bodyguard, but mostly I just help out around the shop as needed, and take care of errands as needed. He took the clothing offered by Aspect, and went to try them on. It wasn’t long before he popped out into the shop, sporting the nice, long sleeved shirts, matched with the sturdier work pants.

“I like them. They breath really well, and I can move easily enough in them. You have a good eye,” he said as he stretched out, testing the fabric. “Are you sure you want to pay for these? I’m certain I have enough for the clothing here.”