Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Hoja Mesto > On the Prowl [P/R]
Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
The idea of an actual living city sort of rubbed Rhenakos the wrong way, but that was where the trail was leading him.  The mixture of worldly architecture was jarring, to say the least, which didn't help his initial sense of direction.  That, and with the constant rocking, he felt as though he were going to be sick.  In the long run, it wasn't going to matter.  He'd take care of the business he came to do, and leave.  He just hoped that he'd have a new lead once he left.

I'll find you.  His hand went to where his left eye should have been, his finger lightly running across the scar that had been left since he was a child.  For eighteen years he had been hunting, and even if it took a hundred more, he would find the demon who ripped everything away.  Now, there should be one of their filth here.  Question is, how am I going to find him?  

Already he had been travelling the streets for nearly half a day, and was no closer to finding the demon that he had tailed here.  I could do the usual.  But I don't know if the network is reliable enough.  He pulled out a coin from his pocket, and started to flip it, his eyes looking to the alleyways.  Sure enough, there were those in the alley who looked back, eyeing his coin.  With a smile, he slid into the side street, and confronted the street urchins.

"Coin for information," Rhenakos said sharply.  There were three kids total.  One of the boys in the back ran, obviously intimidated by the large hunter who had appeared.  The other two, though, were staring at the coin.  "Well?"

"What do you want to know?" one asked finally.  

"Demons.  Where they are."  The boys shook their head.  Rhenakos frowned.  "I guess you don't need the coin then," he said as he started to walk away,

"Wait!" the second boy said.  "We honestly don't know.  But our boss might know."

Rhenakos raised an eyebrow.  These kids are organised then.  This might work out better than I thought, especially if their boss is willing to negotiate.  He tossed the coin at the kid.  "Bring your boss here.  I want to talk to him."  

Bite me.
FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
It didn't take long for word to get back to Xeik, who went to meet with the demon hunter who had asked for information.  Before hand, the boy stopped at a local information broker, and traded a few of his own little secrets for any information on local demons.  What he was given was more than enough to make what Xeik was hoping would be a meaningful trade with the hunter.

What Xeik was genuinely hoping for was additional funding.  Despite being the leader of the new Heaven's Dawn thieves, it was turning out to be one hell of a chore keeping it running.  While on paper, the guild was official, it was barely up and running thanks to the efforts of the illustrious Lightning Thief, Danwe, and her friend Bat, who had housed Xeik and his 'family' in an old, renovated tavern.  As for any official guild business, well…nothing had happened yet.  Right now, it was nothing more than a name and a few boys who were barely loyal to Xeik.  He may have leadership qualities, but by no means did he command the boys.  

Yet.

That lead him to today's outing.  If the hunter was willing to negotiate, perhaps they could come to an accord.  Some demons held on to pricey relics, or collected things.  If Xeik could manage a cut of the potential profits…

"How can I help you, Mr. Hunter?" Xeik asked, dropping from the rooftops into the alleyway, where the man seemed impatiently to be waiting.  "Can we come to a deal, I wonder?"  

Raize

Character Info
That's the last time I employ kids.  Runt should have been here by now…probably got eaten by a stray dog.  

Rhenakos was pacing back and forth, more than annoyed at the fact that he had been left to wait for the supposed 'boss' of the children.  He half expected some drunk brigand who had decided to use children to earn himself a living wage, but when a boy dropped from the sky, he couldn't help but let out a laugh of disbelief.  "You?  A scrawny little rat?  How'd you end up in charge?  What, did you sleep with some big wig?  Poison the big boss' ale?"  He laughed again.

"You know what, no…I shouldn't laugh.  The reality is, I don't care."  He was suddenly serious, his eye staring at the boy.  "It would seem that you might have what I need.  I'm willing to pay whatever you want in exchange for the information I need.  There's a demon here.  I don't have a name, but he's been abducting animals for some perverted ritual or offering.  I don;t know either, but it shouldn't be that difficult to track, right?"  His eye never blinked, and never left the boy. 

"The name's Rhenakos.  Call me Rhen, and I'll kill you where you stand.  Do we have a deal!?"

Bite me.
FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Immediately upon meeting the man, Xeik had a strong distaste for the man who claimed to be a demon hunter.  By the looks of him, he was a crazed madman who didn't seem to understand just how much power even the smallest of souls could hold.  But, to be fair, Xeik had only just learned about his own potential as a leader, and was still coming into the role.  But to have an adult such as this man sit here and laugh at the boy…

"If you're going to-" Xeik started, but was interrupted as the man's tone shifted.  Okay.  So at least you have some sense.  Let's see what you offer.

Immediately, Xeik's ears perked up when the man said 'willing to pay anything.'  "Okay, then.  My terms are as follows.  I'll give you the information, and I follow you to where this demon is.  If you manage to kill him, like you say you can, then I get all of his belongings, no matter what they are.  Well, I guess you can have a few things if you need.  But I'm not helping.  If you fail to kill the demon, well…it sucks, but I'm not out much more than a bit of my time."  Xeik's own gaze never wavered against the man's hard stare.

"We have a deal, then, Rhenakos."  Xeik replied.  "The name's Xeik."

Story

Character Info
Name: Story
Alignment: TN
Class: Tulpamancer
Silver: 297
The subtle motion of the city of Hoja Mesto was calming. Though magic kept the city in a state of suspension as the golem, blessed as Atlas wandered, those that possessed preternatural senses could still feel the vibrations.
Story, sitting midst the sparse early morning crowd of a tavern, was one such creature attuned.

The dragon, who all too often favored the form of the dark-complexioned man that could be witnessed, had no need to consume food or drink. Such was the nature of his particular origin. That did not stop his brothers from consuming the blood of mortals, however; no, and it did not stop Story from the occasional mundane indulgence for pleasure. His hands were clasped about a mug of foam-topped stout. His third now since his visit began. His eyes were closed in simple enjoyment of the present moment. The taste of malted barley mingling with the sweetness of dried fruit and caramelized nuts on his tongue was delightful. As was the ever-present reverberations of the golem beneath his feet.

Not entirely lost to the moment, Story was somewhat aware of his surroundings. There was some sort of accord being struck in the corner, and he could feel eyes upon him after it had concluded. Mortal men often had a penchant for secret oaths and secret bargains. Now was an hour when ears to hear were few and far between. Not wishing for any confrontation, and pretending as though he overheard nothing, Story paid his tab, and casually strolled out onto the streets.

It was overcast today, with the beginnings of a storm showing itself here or there with a cool drop upon the skin. Drawing the hood of his long dark coat up, Story began to walk. Just when the rain had begun to bring memories of several fortnights past to the forefront of his mind, he was hailed by name by a fellow clad in full plate mail, sword drawn. It was not his given name that was used either, but his ancient title.

"Thorn! Judicator Thorn."

This immediately grabbed his attention, causing him to whip around on his heel. His piercing indigo glare looked the man up and down. He was not a city guardsman. His armor had markings on it he wasn't familiar with.
"Bonjour," Story issued gruffly.

"You are to come with me, to face judgement," the unknown knight said sternly.

Bewildered, and eying him incredulously, Story could not help but laugh.
"How absurd, monsieur. You would seek to judge a judge. Mm. You know some history, and tailed me for Gods know how long….but what you're after is a fool's errand, I assure you. I doubt the history you know is even accurate."

At his words, several more men wearing the same armor circled him from adjoining streets and alleys.

"Oh…I see. So that's how it's to be," Story intoned, a touch more darkly, a glint in his eye.
Raize

Character Info
As Rhenakos followed Xeik across the tops of the city, the demon hunter had to give the boy his credit.  He may have been but a child, and scrawny as all hell, but the boy could move.  Furthermore, Rhenakos was weighted down by all of his supplies, which according to his 'anonymous' source, this demon would require.  It didn't take them long to stop, perched on the edge of a rather shady looking area.  

It had started to rain as Xeik held up his hand.  "Something's not right," he said.  

Rhenakos stared at the boy intently with his right eye.  "Well, spit it out, runt…"  

"My sources said he'd be alone.  But it looks like he's surrounded."  

Rhenakos rolled his eye, "For the love of…"  He jumped over Xeik, and threw himself to the ground, slamming more or less a few feet away from the encircled 'demon.'  The hunter noted, for a moment, that Xeik had decided not to join him.  Of course.  A lowly thief who wants to pilfer the dead….I can''t say I blame the runt…  He turned his focus to the knights, who, though surprised, had not broken formation.

"Aye…that would be my mark," Rhenakos called out, drawing his blade and pointing it.  "And if you would, I would ask of you to step aside so I can kill this trash and move on."  His right eye was widening with every word, and a grin was slowly starting to show.  "But, if you insist upon standing firm…"  He started to march forward.  "I'll just cut every last one of you down….demon, or not!"

Bite me.