Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Hoja Mesto > Wanted [P, possible r]
Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Race: Phoenix
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 174
South has been the general direction for the phoenix to travel since she has been to these lands. Her trek had been slow, always meeting new people, or exploring new regions. The only way she could survive in this land was to learn about it. The last time she was on her own like this, she was barely budding into womanhood. At least, back then, she had some magic. Now, she had to rely solely upon her swordsmanship until her magic came back.

Mirannda had heard of the rumors of a city that wanders. She had to see this sight for herself, wondering how a whole city walks across the land. Her first sight upon the city was jaw dropping. So many cultures seemed to have meshed when creating the hodgepodge of a city. It was beautiful in its own sense. With a great sense of care, Mirannda managed to snag a rope and start pulling herself up.

Pale green eyes scanned the buildings around her, craning her neck to see some of the taller ones. Ahead of her, there were so many races mingling. Perhaps she'll find another phoenix? Mirannda hasn't known for but a year of her true nature. She had just learned why she was left behind. There were so many questions, that should she find another phoenix, she could find some more insight.

All the wonder that filled her drained just as quickly when she spied a poster with a very familiar face. An elf with short, dark hair and blue eyes stared at her. WANTED: Female elf of unknown name for the murder of Lord Killian of Iria. Lord Killian? Mirannda hadn't killed anyone, no blood from this land tainted her hands yet. It must have been that one guy in the forest, but how was she involved? Fortunately, she had apple red hair pulled up in a pony's tail that still came down past her shoulders.

"Even in this land…" Her reputation precedes her. Someone had it out for her,  no matter where she went. With a shrug, Mirannda walked into the nearest tavern, hoping for some spiced wine.

Death is only the beginning.
Logan

Character Info
Name: Logan
Alignment: TE
Race: Vampire
Class: Fallen Paladin
Silver: 218
Once he had heard the rumors of a walking city, Logan's curiosity had caught fire.  He had heard many tales of such constructs, but actually getting to visit one in person was something else entirely.  It hadn't been hard to find his way from the ground up to the city, and he had found himself in a wonderful mass of beings, each different from the next.  Such a mix of languages he had never heard, and Logan felt himself somewhat intoxicated by the experience.  He had fed before coming here, and Logan was glad.  There were more than a few guards about, and he would much rather not be forcibly removed from the city for giving into baser instincts. 

Then he saw something quite curious.  It was a young looking elf staring at a picture of herself on a wanted poster.  By her body language, she was unsure how her face had ended up on said poster, and already others were eying her, then the poster.  It was clear what some of them intended.  His curiosity was further piqued, and he followed the young woman into the tavern.  He wasn't the other one, and while he ordered a fine spiced rum drink, Logan glanced around.  A pair of beings had taken the poster into the tavern and were scanning the surroundings.  He had a choice to make.  Let events unfold as they would, or intervene now.  Logan wasn't entirely sure, but he sipped on the spiced drink, savoring the bite of the rum and the sweetness of the ginger. 

Logan wasn't wholly sure how observant the girl was, but it was a chance to play with someone else.  After the girl in Vilpamolan, Logan had been quite happy with the results.  But there was always another.  Taking his drink, he walked towards the table, eying another place behind the girl.  As he walked by he murmured "I hope you know that you are being watched, my dear," he said, then sat at the table a few feet away from her.  The ball was now in her court.

Nix

Character Info
She had chosen a table close to the back corner. Mirannda deliberately kept her eyes on the table, giving the illusion of not paying attention. It was her peripheral vision she was using. There was honestly too many eyes upon her, she felt itchy with all of them. The whispers had followed her, and to make matters worse, Mirannda had noted the poster making its way into the tavern.

When her mulled wine came to her, Mirannda looked at her reflection, only to inwardly berate herself. How could she not notice that most of her illusion had fallen? The phoenix was unsure when it had fallen, but sure enough she looked exactly like the wanted poster right now with the exception of her eyes being of the wrong color. To change her appearance now would only be mute, and would only serve to make a new look all the more mandatory.

A stranger had walked toward her, heart now in her throat as she waited to see what he wanted. However, he only told her the obvious, meant as a warning. While relief ran through her, she still had so many eyes upon her, wanting to turn her in to the authorities. Mirannda drank the entirety of her wine and stood, throwing a couple of coin on the table. Unfortunately, she didn't make it two steps before the pair with her poster confronted her.

"You have a lot of gall showing your face round here, elf." They attempted the passive aggressive method of apprehending her, demanding she went with them quietly. Mirannda carefully eyed them, a smirk was flashed at the men. Scarcely armored, barely a sword for each of them. Still, anger was quick to boil. She was innocent…. This time. "The way I see it, you have two seconds to forget about me and make room. Or, if you like, you can see your charred remains," She pointed at one, and then the other, making eye contact with both of them in turn. "And your innards strewn across the tavern. T'would be a shame to dirty such a fine establishment. What do you think?"

The bounty hunters laughed. "Are you sure that's your final answer?" Weapons were drawn, and Mirannda sighed with a slight shake of her head. When will they ever learn? Lifting her hand, palm up, a ball of flame appeared in her hand. Inside, she was quite pleased that she could call upon her flame that much. Outwardly, she still looked quite cocky. "Last chance."

Logan

Character Info
She was certainly cocky and self assured, which made Logan smile.  In this city, there always was more than met the eye, and the girl's words had piqued his interest.  Either she was a powerful caster of some manner, or something masquerading as an elf.  Either prospect could be interesting.  He continued to sip on the drink, watching her and the hunters intent on taking her as their prey.  It was likely that there was more to them as well, they would not be foolish enough to draw their swords in this place unless they had something else to back up their weapons.  Once she showed her own willingness to fight, Logan was ready to act.

But the bartender got to it first.  He yelled "No blades of any kind in my place!" before raising his hand and making a gesture.  The weapons were pulled into his hand, and Logan raised an eyebrow.  Either he could manipulate metal, or the bartender had a talent for telekinesis.  Either way, Logan knew it would be a bad idea to further antagonize the bartender.  The pair of bounty hunters however were not so smart. He raised an eyebrow when one of them clenched his fists, causing claws of bone to manifest.  He could hear the man's growl and the smell the blood from his fists, and Logan could only assume it was quite painful for such a talent.  The other only clenched his fists, and for a moment he seemed to be human.  But Logan noticed his fists turning gray.  A stoneshaper, interesting.  He wonder what had given the pair to become bounty hunters, and to work together. 

The bartender just rolled his eyes and sighed.  Most of the patrons were edging away, forming a large circle around the trio.  Logan considered his options, trying to decide what would be the most entertaining for him.  Downing the rest of his drink, he stood and moved to the girl's side.  Everyone seemed to tense up, unsure if he would be friend or foe to the hunters' prey.  "Would you like some help, my dear?  Seems to be a bit of an uneven match right now," he said with a grin.  He didn't really care if it was fair or not, he just wanted someone to play with.

Nix

Character Info
Her small ball of flame went out with a puff of smoke as Mirannda ducked to avoid the weapons flying to the barkeep behind her. "Neep!" she exclaimed, looking back at man behind her, eyes wide. Standing, she returned her attention to the two before her. Would they be smart, or would they be stupid and try to continue her so called capture. Sure enough, they were not smart, and Mirannda was asking herself why anyone would use such a painful talent as growing bone claws that ripped the skin upon emerging.

Instantly, her mind began to try and think of how to fight the guy without blades and weapons. It would not do any good to allow him to pierce her with those claws. To make matters worse, the other one seemed to have fists of stone. That would surely cause some damage. Mirannda sensed the gentleman from earlier getting closer. Even she was nervous about whether or not he would be helping her, or adding to the problems. His smooth voice offered her assistance, to which Mirannda gave a cocky grin despite her rushing emotions as a stormy sea within.

"I would not turn down the assistance. Gentlemen, I suggest we take this outside at the very least. I'd hate to deal any damage to place, as I'd rather not make a poor first impression." Without waiting for their response, Mirannda went to walk forward, through them, head held high with confidence. They both went on the offensive. She ducked the incoming punch from the claws, grabbing his wrist and flipped him upon standing. His fall shook the nearby tables. At this point, the second went to throw his punch which was sidestepped.

Mirannda swept his feet from underneath him. Without admiring her handy work, knowing they were getting up to continue, the phoenix continued to walk outside. She willed a fireball back into her hand, and with each step, it spread until her entire arm was engulfed. Outside she turned, and waited for the men to chase her down.

Logan

Character Info
He nodded in agreement, there were some fights that didn't need to become any more complicated, and Logan certainly did not want to tangle with the bartender.  There really wasn't a reason to, he was just trying to run his establishment.  And she had the same idea, which was good.  Some were foolish and wanted to stand and fight in a place they were not welcome to do so.  The man with the claws went down first, and Logan moved to intervene the stone fisted man before he could harm the young lady.  He backed up carefully, watching and waiting.  The man came in swinging, and Logan pivoted, grabbing the man's fist and redirecting the motion.  Dropping to a knee, he was able to use the man's own momentum to throw him out the open door.  Nodding to the bartender, Logan got to his feet again and followed the woman outside.  He stepped over the stone fisted man as if he was nothing more than a pile of trash.

"Well, I am fairly certain we will have our fight now.  My name is Logan, by the way.  Pleasure to meet you, miss," he said with a grin and a bow.  Here, he did not feel the urge to hide just what he was, her reaction to the small fangs poking from his mouth would be interesting.  The man with the claws was moving towards them first, as the other bounty hunter was struggling to get to his feet.  He could tell by the man's breathing pattern the wind had been knocked out of him, and the other man had noticed too.  And he was smart enough to not move against the pair alone.  "Well, at least you are intelligent enough to not move against us on your own.  Let me make a proposal for you and your partner.  Back down now, and leave this young lady alone, and I won't throw you over the edge of the city," Logan said, his voice calm and conversational.  It was only fair to offer them a chance to leave.

Nix

Character Info
Mirannda watched Logan with interest as he stepped over the stone bender out of the bar. Easy on the eyes, he was mannerly which seemed rare, given he knew exactly that she was wanted for something she had not done. Yet when Logan grinned, the fangs practically waving themselves at her, demanding attention, Mirannda's eyes narrowed suspiciously. She threw her walls up around her heart, doing her best to keep her emotions under control.

It was impossible for herself to have been found so easily by him. What were the chances that this was that person anyway? No, this had to be someone new entirely, and if that was the case, Mirannda would sooner die than allow herself to become his toy. There was no way she would allow herself to be manipulated by another vampire so soon after escaping the last one. ”Mirannda Sinopa. Pleasure.” Her voice was a bit too terse, the manners too forced. Even she could sense that in her own demeanor. Logan noticing it was all too likely.

Yet they were not alone, and they still had to deal with these two blockheads. ”I'd take his proposal, gentlemen. I assure you, I'm innocent, wrong place at the wrong time. Sure, my blade was drawn, but it was not I who attacked. T'was someone else entirely.” Mirannda did not believe they would buy it, regardless of it being the honest, exact truth of what had happened at the lake not too far from here.

As the stone bender rose, it was the bone claw wielders who scoffed at her. “Why should I believe you? You'd say anything to save your own skin. No, you have to answer for your sins.” Mirannda laughed, sudden and verging on malicious, hiding her slow build up of magic as she readied herself for the fight to continue. ”Of all the times I have sinned, I have tried much harder to plead innocent, and succeeded. Now tell me, which of you would like to be thrown off first, since you're so sure I'm lying?” They both charged simultaneously.

A scowl distorted her features as she thrust a hand at the one closest to her. Shadow-like tendrils flew from her hand and snaked themselves around his throat, winding around and around, tightening as it went. As she did this, a second spell had been woven into the strangle, the shadow stabbing into his spine to inject mental pain. She had learned from a relatively cruel master, and this was mere child's play even by his standards. Yet, this was proving a great distraction for the one, to keep him writhing in pain, slowly asphyxiating as the shadow tightened once more.

Logan

Character Info
Her unease around him once he revealed just what he was could be read on her face like an open book.  Yet she did not turn down his help.  That was interesting.  Logan filed away the reaction for later, there was still a fight to be had.  Drawing his wyvern bone blade, he tilted his head to both sides, cracking his neck and relaxing his shoulders.  The banter between them gave Logan more information than he expected, and he found it of interest.  That Mirannda admitted to being a sinner would make things a bit more difficult for what he wished to do, the self righteous were so much easier to break.  But that also made her more intriguing.  "Some people do not care if you lie or not, only if you present an opportune target.  Which I believe is what we face here, milady," Logan said, keeping his politeness in his voice.  For the time being, he did intend to remain Mirannda's ally.

While she had her focus on the bone bladed fight, Logan decided he would put his attention on the stone fisted man.  He put his shoulder down and charged into the fight, knocking the other man back from the lady.  The man was caught off guard, and snarled at Logan.  The vampire only grinned, and beckoned him forward.  With his fist leading, he charged at Logan.  Standing as still as a stature, he only moved when the man was close to him.  The blade flashed once and the stone first thudded into the ground as Logan stepped out of the way of where the man's momentum carried him.  He screamed in pain as he stumbled to the ground, but there was only a wicked grin on Logan's face.

Turning to Mirannda to see how she was doing, he could hear shouts for the city guard to come running.  "My dear, I suggest we finish this quickly.  I do not know how kindly they take to self defense in this city.  So we will either need to explain ourselves, or be ready to flee.  I leave that choice to you.  Though I imagine the bar tender would be a willing witness," Logan suggested.  Plus he had only injured the man, his hand could be easily reattached, provided he got to a healer soon enough.

Nix

Character Info
It was an invisible enemy the bone claws faced. Fear was palpable. Suddenly, as the shouts for the guard and the vampire's suggestion pieced her destructive haze, Mirannda released the mental spike, and lessened her shadowy grip. Hips swaying slightly, Mirannda closed the distance between her and the man. Her lips brushed his ears as she whispered to him. ”Next time sweet, know who you deal with before you threaten.” Pivoting one hundred and eighty degrees around, she threw her free hand in the air as she sheathed her sword.

He was completely released from her spells and fell to his knee. ”Or you know, take a girl on her word?” Looking over at Logan and his opponent, Mirannda gave a mischievous smile. Sounds of boots stomping drawing near suggested that the guard were well on their way. ”I never did like talking with the guard.” Without checking to see if Logan would follow, she took off at a sprint.

The phoenix wasn't sure where she was heading, or how she would hide. Guards would be sure to know where to search in every nook and cranny. Before long, she found herself in a maze of warehouses near a docking system for airships. Using her knife, she managed to slip inside of one of the large buildings. Save for herself and Logan, there was no one else here.

Light spilling from the doorway soon melted away as it was shut. Darkness closed in around her, and Mirannda felt her heart race. Vampires in the dark were never a good mix. Yet, she stifled her fear as she turned to him. There was an odd mix of seduction and suspicion on every inch of her body language. A wave of her hand later and a tiny flame flared to life from the tiny candle on the wall by the door. ”While I should thank you for your assistance, the more pressing question is why when you could have attempted the reward money yourself? What are you after, Logan?”

Logan

Character Info
It was clear she had a dark side, one that she was fighting hard to hide under a bright exterior.  It seemed they both had the right idea about the guards, Logan had little love for them himself.  The cracks were already showing, and it likely wouldn't take much to expose and widen them.  He followed, and he had to admit that she had chosen well.  The docks were a maze, and the warehouses were plentiful.  Plus it was likely the guards would be far more occupied with the two bounty hunters.  Plus the bar tender would likely have a few words with the guards, delaying them further.  They might call in another group to pursue the pair who had run, but Logan wasn't terribly worried about that, it was something that could be dealt with if the time came.

He looked at her curiously when she asked about the reward money, and his true purpose.  "Money means little to me, truth be told.  I was never a greedy man, even in life.  Now as I am, I need money even less.  Not to mention, you clearly seem to be innocent of what that poster claimed.  I am quite curious as to how your face came to be on that poster, if you did not do the deed.  Any ideas?" he asked, deflecting the question about his motives for a few moments while he formulated an answer.  And it was a good question, especially if she hadn't done it. 

Once that had been cleared up, he added a question of his own to the conversation.  "So tell me, my dear.  Why are you afraid of me?  You don't have to say it, the expression on your face is more than enough.  I will not harm you, I can promise that.  And I know some of my kin are not the… kindest beings of this world.  But me, you do not have to worry about," he said, keeping his voice calm and reassuring.  Her answer would determine his next moves, and Logan already had a few ideas in mind as to how he would proceed.  She had already shown vulnerability and temper, both of which he could use.