Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > The City of Baltil > Unwelcome Guests[P][R]
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907

[OOC: Thread takes place in the actual mountains away from the city of Baltil. Gmode permission given.]

Like every tourist in modern day, I still had a place to stay. My "hotel room" in Revaliir, as it were, was very much a real thing. But the entrance lay somewhere in the Zujiuchu Mountains where ancient magic obscured the path. The mansion itself was not in the physical realm, see. It required a key to even get in: a key to a door in an area of the mountains that could not be found except by those who already knew where it was – or, in the case of two uninvited guests, those who followed such people.

When Katerina and Kiyomi had so impatiently followed me through the rabbit hole, they stepped into a world they knew nothing of. The grove of dead trees that greeted them was far from the foxy woman they sought, and the whole area seemed unnatural. On all sides lay the sheer cliffs of the mountains, rising with preposterously straight surfaces. There were exactly six trees at the foot of each wall, and one in the middle of all. Only that one had some life left in it, though far more than the girls might have expected. It had a face, after all, and arms to boot; and it stirred like an old grandpa when the girls drew near along a trail of white hair.

"Hmm, what manner of beasts be thee that come before this elder tree," it asked while moving to and fro? The ent was a guardian of this place: set there to examine unfamiliar face. Katerina and Kiyomi fit this description quite aptly, for they weren't supposed to be there. So the elder tree interrogated them with no shortage of grandfather-like charm. "I do not recognize you young ones. Tell me: are you dead? Why else would you have come here, after all? The living hardly ever visit a place such as this."

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Silverstein

Character Info
Name: Katerina Sofia Silverstein
Alignment: TN
Race: 1/2 Wolf Demon and 1/2 High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 1706
As they hurried through the portal, Katerina’s daughter helped her. Her head felt as if it was on fire. When they arrived, it was like nothing she had seen before.  “This is where Natsumi goes on holiday?” She asked aloud to herself, a bit creeped out at what was around them. She assumed Natsumi was going to a place to rest up, but this wasn’t what she pictured. The place seemed like it was out of a horror book. “Momm…” Kiyomi whispered as she gripped her mom’s arm. Katerina looked down while she patted her daughter's hand. “So you are not scared of battle, but you’re scared of this?” The wolf demon teased as she smiled down at her daughter who ended up rolling her eyes, but Kiyomi didn’t let go.

When Katerina finally looked ahead of them, she saw a glimpse of white hair. Natsumi’s name almost slipped from her lips, but she held her tongue. She wasn’t sure what lied in the trees before them. She wasn’t up for any fight with her head the way it was. Feeling good enough to walk without assistance, she started to move forward.

Kiyomi’s hand slipped from her mother’s arm. She couldn’t move. “Let’s go.” Katerina ordered with a sigh as she turned around to look at her daughter. She grabbed Kiyomi’s hand and just about dragged her daughter with her.

An odd looking tree caught the wolf demon’s attention. The two of them thought it was nothing more than a tree, that was until it started to move. They froze before the tree while staring wide eyed up at it. As the tree spoke, Katerina nudged her daughter.

“You talk to it hun.”
“No, you talk to it.”
“You are far better with non human creatures, sweety.”

They spoke in whispers until Kiyomi pushed her Mom closer to the tree. “Shit..” Katerina cursed and was about to speak the answers that it seeked. Looking up at the tall ent, she was about to speak when her eyes caught sight of a black bird that flew onto a branch on the ent. The way the bird looked at her made Katerina even more nervous. His head kept twitching to one side then the other then the bird squawked at her.

“Cute puppy!”
“Watch who you are calling puppy, buddy.” Katerina’s eyes narrowed at the bird.
The bird squawked again, “Angry puppy!”

Katerina growled, her right hand began to glow along with her eyes. “Shut it, bird.” She said in a stern tone. Kiyomi eyes widened at her mother. It was just a bird. “Play nice with the birdie, Mom.” The dragon said in a worried tone. “It might kill us.” Kiyomi wasn’t sure about the place they were in but she didn’t want to provoke anything, bird or tree.

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info

A fearful daughter and rash wolf stood before the Elder Tree in that sacred grove, too afraid or distracted to answer its questions. The ent didn't sense fear, though, for he was a simple being. With his face so wizened, he could only grasp small details at a time. And so Katerina and Kiyomi largely remained enigmatic blobs before him even though he was the primary guard of that grove.

When Katerina nearly picked a fight with the crow, on the other hand, his senses heightened. The nearby "dead" trees visibly twitched with life. Branches snapped and figures moved the more Katerina's magic grew, but nothing dangerous happened thanks to Kiyomi's intervention.

"An act of violence in this place is most unwise," began the Elder Tree once his brethren reverted to their stasis thanks to Kiyomi, "lest you meet an early demise. Though I am kind, I am merely the elder greeter, and my brethren are far less forgiving." Motioning his giant twig arms, the ent extended a massive, wooden tendril to the top of Katerina's head. It was almost like he was attempting to pet her, but his sluggish movements were easily avoidable if the wolf so desired. "Do not mistake their current immobility for lack of ability. Violence or the threat of violence can awaken them. Their fury is frightening, their twigs like steel. I hope you will not do anything rash, lest you be undone by zeal." Pausing, the tree moved its hand away from the wolf. It seemed to be guarding something, because while the upper portion of the tree moved, the lower portion had remained completely stationary throughout this conversation. That didn't change, even after the Elder Tree noticed the connection to the wilds his guests had. "But I see you are part wolf, thanks to our neighborhood crow. So why has a wolf come here? There is nothing for you to hunt."

Silverstein

Character Info
Class:
Pushing the urge away to roll her eyes instead she narrowed her eyes at the bird. The bird squawked once more. “Nice Puppy.” While her eyes started to glow, Katerina’s hands started to rise. “Mom. Stop… the trees.” Kiyomi whispered as she tried to grab at her mother’s arms. “What are trees going to do to me? They can’t move.” The instant the wolf said those words, the trees around them began to move. Her arm automatically dropped while her magic subsiding.

As the ent moved his branch over her head, Katerina watched it with glaring eyes. He could probably snap her in half, so she let him pat her on the head like she was a dog. He spoke again to her and she nodded. She didn’t know what was wrong with her, she was usually reserved and followed advice. After his words, the ent moved his arm from her head and Katerina made a mental sigh. She was grateful the touch was gone.

The ent soon asked his question again. Without any distraction she looked up at the elder tree. “I am searching for an old friend. She just came through here. Natsumi the fox girl with white hair.” She answered his question and hopped he knew where she went. “What way did she go? I must find her.”

[GMODE Permission given for next post]

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info

A wolf's pride is well known and often serves it well in its kingdom, but the wisdom of the dragon won out that day in the hidden grove. Katerina's pride commanded her to correct the crow that called her a puppy even if by force, but Kiyomi stopped her foolhardy mother. She sensed the trees even before they moved, having no need of the elder tree's forewarning. The wizened oak merely laughed at this development, delighted that the mythical beast was more attuned to her surroundings than the supposed king of the forest. His explanation followed, but he didn't move afterward until Katerina finally answered his question.

"Names have never mattered much to me," he said after assuming a pensive expression, "for I am old as you can see. Yet a woman with hair as white as snow and the scent of a fox? Her I know." The elder tree looked at the crow that had thus far nested on his branches, signaling its departure. He had been guarding my path against the most violent of transgressors, but, now that the situation was clear, he moved aside. His lumbering trunk shifted at long last, revealing an entrance into the underworld."It is not my role to decide who may or may not enter the town she lurks in," the elder tree mentioned while beckoning his visitors toward the jack-o-lantern shaped door in the ground with glowing, topaz eyes, "only to guard this grove from mortal sin. If you desire to see something strange, proceed; but be wary not to be deceived. Unless you wish to join the ranks of the deceased."

Grandfather Ent fell asleep at that moment, going into a state of dormancy much like his brethren possessed. Katerina and Kiyomi were left to their own devices, and, while they approached this new gate through no small amount of trepidation, they eventually passed through. Of course, they hadn't counted on the fact that the door slammed behind them as soon as they descended the staircase beyond. The elder tree had moved back into position, sealing them inside just before the floor disappeared beneath their feet.

Despite this sudden turn of events, however, the women did not fall into the abyss below. Instead, they were pulled as if flying across a black horizon with a strong wind at their back. Eventually, this jet stream stopped at a scarecrow, which the two approached only to have a strong gust of wind blow past. The scarecrow turned on its stick, seeming to come alive for a brief moment only to point onward toward a dim, dreary light. Once again the wind picked up, dragging the girls out through the light and into a large graveyard.

In this place, the gusts finally died down, but there were no more exits behind the two visitors. There were only two graves behind them: each with one of their names already written on the tombstones. Shadows danced across all other fixtures in this place, and a mischievous quartet of voices mingled in the perpetual moonlight.

"Boys and girls of every age."

"Wouldn't you like to see something strange."

"Come with us and you will see."

"This our town of Salem." And with that last lyric, the town came into view. Salem, the hidden bastion of ghosts and ghouls in Parvpora, lay before the two uninvited guests. The cemetery was just the entrance, and the quartet the welcoming committee.

Silverstein

Character Info
Class:
The ent before Katerina and Kiyomi quickly answered. “Please, know where she is.” The wolf demon thought to herself as she listen to the ent speak. She grew anxious hearing his words. It had been so long since she seen the fox women. She needed to know why she had not sought her out. Weren’t they friends? Katerina had thought she passed years ago.

Kiyomi’s eyes widen as he began to move. The dragon felt uneasy, so she took a half-step back. “Something strange?” Katerina asked questionably. Were they really going to the underworld? Looking over to her frightened daughter, she sighed. This would be a learning lesson for her daughter. “Time to not be afraid of things in the dark because most things you can kill.” The wolf demon thought with a small smirk. With a nod at the ent's words, Katerina headed through the door. Kiyomi was tightly holding onto her mother’s arm. “I’m not scared…I can do this..” She thought as she started to let go of her mother. You are fierce. Let’s do this.” She finished her thought as she followed her mother inside.

When they entered, the door slammed behind them. This made the little dragon jump and grab hold onto her mother once more. Katerina looked over to her daughter as soon as she felt hands on her. This place could make anyone jumpy. Katerina jumped inside at the slam, but did not show it. Her daughter needed her, so she couldn’t let her emotions consume her.

“Kiyomi, everything will be o—” Katerina started to sooth her daughter, but the floor disappeared beneath them. She instantly grabbed Kiyomi into her arms while Kiyomi let out a scream. Her scream seemed to echo through the darkness around them. Katerina’s eyes looked around trying to find someway out, that was when they were forced to move by the wind that hit their back.

It wasn’t long before they suddenly came to a stop. The only thing before them was a scarecrow, as Katerina began to move towards it. The next gust of wind made her arms tighten around her daughter because she didn’t want them to be blown apart. Instead the scarecrow turned around with the wind and was now pointing. When Kiyomi lifted her eyes from her mother’s chest to see what her mother was seeing, another wind blew. This time it was their turn to move by its force.

With a sudden feel of ground at her feet, Kiyomi let go of her mother to see where they were. Katerina’s eyes danced around the graveyard. “What is Natsumi into?” Kiyomi asked her mother as her skin started to crawl. “Weird creepy sh*t apparently.” Katerina commented while she turned around to look for an exit. Instead, there laid two graves. Her eyes widen as a gasp left her lips. This caused the dragon to turn around to look. Both their names were carved into the stones.

“Mo-” Before Kiyomi could finish calling to her mother, she saw the shadows dancing over the stones. They both turned around quickly and only saw the shadows that moved. Kiyomi grabbed hold over her mother’s arm. Her heart pumping wildly in her chest.  The sound of singing hit their ears. As soon as the song ended, a town came into view.

Katerina’s eyes stared at the town before them while her hand covered her daughters. “The only thing we can do is move. That is the only chance we have at finding a way out.” The wolf looked down at her daughter who was only a few inches shorter than her. Their cloaks hung behind them, no longer flapping with the wind. “Mom. This place…..” She trailed off knowing that her mother would understand. The comment made Katerina nod. “I am here, Sweety.” She smiled down at her daughter. “We got this. Come on.” She urged her daughter to walk with her into the Town of Salem.

They moved throughout the busy streets. The undead walked around like it was a normal town. That was until they noticed that the two women were living. That was when the fun began.

Kiyomi soon let go of her mother as she walked. They were just like the monsters in the living realm. Her eyes began to be curious as she looked around. A yelp escaped her as something passed through her. “I am sorry my dear girl!” Her eyes looked up at a floating man who was transparent. “You must be new here! I am Nearly Headless Tom.” He introduced himself with a bow, which ended up with his head falling off but hanging on by a bit of skin. Her eyes widen as she start at the chopped off end of his spin and muscles. A gasp escaped her lips as she stepped back against her mother. Instantly, she grabbed her mother's hand and ran into a nearby alleyway. The area was lined with boxes along the wall and was dimly lit.

Katerina let herself be pulled off  her daughter, and decided she needed a minute to relax. That was until a man jumped out from behind the boxes before them. He didn’t hesitate to introduce himself. "I am the clown with the tear away face. Here in a flash and gone without a trace." He pulled away his painted white and black face to reveal what lied beneath. Kiyomi and Katerina stared wide eyed at the red string muscle and beedy white eyes. Her daughter let out a scream and he ran off laughing. His loud laugh echoing through the town.

Suddenly, Kiyomi started to fall to the ground. Katerina gasp as she caught her daughter.. “Kiyomi!?” Katerina called to her. A small laugh escaped her lips. “You only fainted.” She whispered as she picked her up in her arms. She walked out of the alleyway, trying to find a spot where they could rest. Seeing a bench in front of a window of a building, she laid her daughter on the wood. The wolf demon sat on the other end with her daughter’s head in her lap. Taking a minute to escape the town, she looked down at her daughter’s face, and started to run her fingers through her blonde hair.

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info

Salem was an odd city. Even granting the fact that the location was hidden well from the eyes of the living, there was still something extra peculiar about the people who lived there. All of them were well aware of their deaths, and yet they persisted in going about their days like normal, living people. They made clothes that were never worn, alchemy that never saw any use, and wine that had been fermenting for centuries with no one to drink it. Their supply of raw materials was seemingly endless, and they constantly repaired houses with real, solid materials despite the fact that no one ever really needed shelter in their town. The only thing that made sense about this ghostly population was their undying love of spooks.

When it came to all matters of fear, there were no people better than the inhabitants of Salem. Kiyomi and Katerina experienced this first hand when the entire town seemed to be out to scare them. Nearly Headless Tom and the Clown were merely the first of many, or would have been had a series of unfortunate events not come to pass. Katerina thought she was safe on that bench watching over her unconscious daughter. She let her guard down, despite the fact that there was now a window right above her head.

"Confound this mixture!" A shout came from the window mere seconds after the wolf demon had settled into her seat. An elderly ghost was tinkering in his workshop in the building behind her, and this one was renowned for having a penchant for tantrums. He was working on a cure for hemorrhoids at the time, but while using ingredients that could easily kill whoever or whatever ingested them. This failure marked number 400 in a long series of nonsensical studies: where failure is defined as melting a hole in the workshop floor.

True to his reputation, this elderly ghost flew into a rage upon realizing the new perforation in his floorboards. Everyone within a one block radius could hear the resultant ruckus of shattering glass, especially when an explosion went off. Rage does not beget caution. Everyone knows that, especially if they work around chemicals. One false move and you could mix two volatile liquids together to create a sizeable boom!

That is exactly what happened in this case, though. No more than a few seconds after the rampage began, the lab burst into flames, throwing all manner of vials and objects out the window over Katerina's head. A collar was the first artifact to fall out, one that mysteriously moved to latch around the wolf demon's neck just after touching her skin. The rest of the objects that fell were vials containing all manner of potions. They shattered all around the women below, forming a large cloud of red smoke near her the eldest's eye level.

Breathing in that gas would likely have unpredictable effects on the wolf demon, but this would soon prove to be the least of her worries. She would quickly discover that the collar was a far worse fate. This fashion accessory was actually an enchanted slave collar. It prevented the wearer from standing so long as they wore it, and couldn't be removed by magic or physical force. In fact, it was designed to force a slave to crawl unless their master allowed them to stand. Considering Katerina didn't have a master, she would be stuck in that humiliating predicament until she chose one and then hoped said master would set her free.

Silverstein

Character Info
Class:
While she ran her fingers through her daughter’s hair, the wolf demon heard a shot behind her. The unexpected voice startled her and she shook her head slightly. Trying to push away the thoughts of everyone around. She needed one moment of peace. One moment without people jumping at her or walking through people. The town had got to her daughter who now laid unconscious on her lap. She didn’t need a crazy loon taking her attention. His actions had nothing to do with her.

It wasn’t long before the commotion inside grew louder. Suddenly, glass flew around her. She leaned down for a moment to cover her daughter from the flying shards. As soon as she leaned up to yell at the man behind her, something fell around her neck.The item took her attention away as she looked down at the necklace that laid over her chest. As her attention was averted,  her ears picked up breaking class.

Smoke rose around her from the vials below her. She coughed in the smoke and waved her hands to move it from her face. Finally the smoke faded away, but that didn’t stop the smell from Katerina’s nose. The smell of burnt hair. Looking at her hair she gasped out, “MY HAIR!!” Her sudden shock caused the people around to stop and look. Her once long dark wavy locks now just below her shoulders. Just before she took a breath while she thought she could live with this. The dark brown of her hair soon faded before her eyes into a rosy red color. Her eyes widened in shock while anger flooded through her.

With the yell of her mother, Kiyomi was startled awake. “Mom?” She sat up and looked at her mother that sat beside her.  It was her mother, but her hair was shorter and red? She stood up quickly while moving her hands over her mouth, so she wouldn’t laugh. “Mom…You're-” Her mother held up her hand to stop her while shaking her head. “I don’t want to talk about it. I want out of here now.” Her voice was stern. This place wasn’t a place she wanted to be anymore. She could end up a one eyed purple monster by the end of it.

“Okay. Then let's go. I am ready to leave too. I can’t stand it here.” Kiyomi said as she turned to start walking. As soon as Katerina tried to stand off the bench, she fell forward. “Shit!” She cursed as her face slammed into the ground. “MOM!” Kiyomi turned just in time to see her mother’s face hit the ground. “Are you okay?” She asked as she leaned down to try and pick her mother up. No matter how hard the dragon pulled, her mother couldn’t be moved from the ground. “What the hell?!??!?!Katerina yelled into the brick below her face. She tried with all her wolf strength, but nothing. She couldn’t get up from the ground.

Katerina eyes narrowed. “Of course, this would happen when I want to find Natsumi. Of course.” She couldn’t believe what was happening to her. First being in hell, next her hair, and now this. “How the hell have I been reduced to this?! NATSUMI! Where the hell are you!?!?!” The wolf demon yelled as she tried to move across the ground. She was forced to now drag herself. Kiyomi stood beside her mother with a frown. The people around them soon started to laugh at the scene before them. They couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“Mom, tell me what else happen?” Kiyomi asked as she looked down at her mom while she kneeled beside her. “The stupid window exploded behind us. Shit flew everywhere. This necklace happened to fell on me. After that was smoke, that did this stupid shit to my hair.” Katerina said, anger lining her voice. “I am going to kill that moron of a potion master after I get up!!!” She called to him hoping he could hear her. Kiyomi moved the hair off her mother’s back and saw the back of the necklace. “Hmm.” She pondered as she tried to unclasp it. “Its stuck.” Kiyomi sighed, but didn’t let that defeat her.

“Stuck?! Get it off of me!” Katerina voice was on the edge of panic. Too much was going on it was going to cause her to faint herself. Kiyomi tried to pull off the necklace once more. Nothing. “Mom. I hope this doesn’t hurt.” Kiyomi said to her mom as she leaned over, her boot in her mother’s back.

The town’s people gathered around them while their laughs filled the air. Kiyomi pulled at the necklace around her mother’s neck as she pushed against her back.”One more time mom, take a breath.” Kiyomi told her mother as she pulled with all her might. “Cho—aking…” Katerina managed out. A gasp left Kiyomi’s lips as the necklace flashed purple causing her to fell backward. “Owe….” She voiced her hurt as she rubbed her bum where it landed hard on the ground. “Mom… Are you okay?” She asked hearing her mother gasp for breaths.

Katerina breath came quick for a moment. The necklace didn’t want off and seem to keep hold of her as her daughter tried to pry it off. “I am… okay. She managed. What were they going to do now? Where was Natsumi?

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info

[OOC: Since this is my first post with Adel, know that her nicknames are Neo and Coco. They're all the same person.]

History is the great equalizer when it comes to cultures, in my view; because, at one point or another, all cultures have their dark and golden ages. Take the Bor Seta people, for instance. Long before Katerina was even born, the Bor Seta were far less hospitable than the village people we know today. Their ancient ancestors kept slaves and were marauders roaming nomadically across the savannah. Very few relics remain from that violent era, mainly because the descendants did not wish to be reminded of their dark history. Most of them were the offspring between slave and shapeshifter too, so this selective blindness of theirs was understandable.

The slave collar that Katerina now found around her neck was a relic that had survived this historical purge, however. It had been brought to Salem thousands of years ago by a Bor Seta craftsman who had been murdered by an escaping slave, and only found its way into the hands of that hopeless alchemist, Bruno,  a few days before Katerina arrived outside his shop. Her luck, it would seem, was astonishingly horrendous, especially since this collar could only be removed by the slave's master: which Katerina was sorely lacking.

Kiyomi's failure to remove the Hazan Slave Collar was, therefore, no surprise. No matter how much Katerina cried or Kiyomi pulled, that collar would never come off unless a certain trick was applied. In fact, it only got larger the more Kiyomi tugged. What was once only a necklace now quickly became a stiff, leather dog collar several layers thick and tall enough to hold Katerina's neck permanently straight. If my steward hadn't been in the ridiculing crowd, Miss Silverstein would have been stuck like that for a very long time.

It is worth mentioning one other thing about Salem at this point. Most newcomers often do not understand this, but the townspeople of Salem hold great reverence toward those they view as the most frightening of all. Scares were their craft, so anyone truly terrifying became an idol of the community. Adel, my steward, was one such role model, so there was a sense of awe that fell over the hecklers when she sauntered out from their midst.

Adel held a flare that was absent from most of the surrounding ghouls. Her pink, expensive clothes were a stark reminder of her outsider status, as were her unusual highlights. Yet she still carried herself like she belonged, swaying her hips back and forth sensually. Her quintessential parasol lay cleanly against her shoulder when she walked up to Katerina, and, true to form, she shooed the heckling crowd away with a simple wave of her hand.

My friend never spoke a word to Kiyomi or Katerina during those early moments of their meeting. She didn't need to talk to them to find out why they were there or why they were asking for me, for she had other methods at her disposal. Rather than waste her breath, my Adel kneeled down in front of Katerina and stared intently at her until she was ready to use her favored "interrogation technique."

"Marvelous red hair," the temptress whispered to the bound wolf whilst gently stroking a singular digit across her cheek. Charm magic was seeping into Katerina's skin with every movement, and soon the caster eased into her captive. She placed Katerina's head gently in her bosom at first, and then raised her face to French kiss her.

The kiss was long and deep: equal parts passion and utility. It was Adel's way of reading the minds of intruders, because lust and sexual contact made telepathy all the easier to execute. While her tongue intertwined with Katerina's, she was able to see everything relevant to the wolf's visit. She ended the kiss only when she was satisfied with these visions, making a comment before standing up and moving over to Kiyomi.

"Pliable and pregnant," she said, revealing both how Katerina enjoyed the kiss more than she would admit as well as how the wolf was currently pregnant. Adel's charm magic now left this bound creature in favor of the dragon standing next to her, and stone steps formed underneath her boots until their eyes met. The young girl's fists clenched as Neo kissed her the same way she had her mother, but the seductive stranger didn't care. She just combed through the girl's memories and then backflipped away before returning her aura to normal. Kiyomi received exactly the same courtesy as her mother, down to the after-kiss comment. "Innocent and defiant."

It was in that moment that the woman's parasol unfurled. The false moonlight overhead shown beautifully on the object's floral prints: its splendor only intensifying as Adel spun the images around behind her. Round and round the portrait landscape went, almost providing a hypnotizing effect to all those who watched. This was a spell: something that became inherently obvious when the town around the three women suddenly disappeared to be replaced by a luxurious parlor illuminated by a giant fireplace.

That new location was my study in Revaliir. My guests arrived to find me situated behind a desk reading a romance novel, but I largely ignored them until Adel flew onto my shoulder in the form of a green cheek conure. She whispered in my ear after her parasol was laid against the side of my desk, telling me all she had learned, and only her words broke my reader's trance.

"What have you brought me, Adel," I asked with mild disinterest? The spine of my novel creaked as I closed it, and my expression turned sour when I saw who was behind those pages.  "Ah, these two." Leaning back in my chair, I looked squarely at the bound wolf who was most distressed. I saw the collar around her neck, and smirked at how fitting a punishment this new development was. "Still haven't learned to keep your nose clean, I see. Perhaps that Hazan Slave Collar and your encounter with the Mad Alchemist Bruno will serve as a firm reminder for next time. I doubt it, though. You seem so willing to follow a person who clearly doesn't want to be found. You're also pregnant, too, so either your sexual addiction has overcome you or you've a new shag partner I don't know about. Either way, you've a penchant for unfortunate events."

Silverstein

Character Info
Class:
A sigh left Kiyomi’s lips as she stood from her spot. She needed to get the necklace off her Mother, but she had no clue how. “Mom…I–” She was about to speak but was cut off by the pink hair woman that walked towards them. She shooed the crowd and they soon dispersed. “She sure likes pink,” Kiyomi thought as her eyes looked at the woman’s hair and clothes. One thing strock Kiyomi in that moment. She looked human. She wanted to ask if she knew how to get out of this city. A silence came over the dragon as she watched the woman move towards Katerina.

Katerina's eyes didn't move from the woman as she emerged from the crowd. She was curious to see why this newcomer made the crowd go away; but then her eyes caught sight the woman's swaying hips. Her gaze stayed on this stranger, growing more intent when the pink lover kneeled in front of her. The moment she touched her, Katerina wanted to move away, but was unable. A kiss was placed on the wolf’s lips. Her eyes widened then slowly closed.
The wolf’s lips moved of their own accord, as her mind screamed at her to stop.. A part of her wanted to kiss the beautiful woman before her, yet a part wanted her to stop.

When the kiss ended, Katerina blinked a few times. She was in a daze for a moment until she heard the stranger’s words. “Pregnant?!” In shock, she repeated the word.  She almost completely forgot about the kiss. Happiness filled her as she thought about being pregnant; and it was Jax child. She didn’t care where she was or what was happening to her in that moment. She was so happy she had a child growing within her. With that thought brought of memories of another child.  “….Gabby.” The name she thought erased the all her happiness; and it was replaced with sadness. She only gave birth to Gabby six months ago. The memory of an empty crib appeared in her mind.

While Katerina battled with her emotions, the stranger moved to Kiyomi. Kiyomi had gasped seeing her mother being kissed by a woman. “Okay. Mom liked that a bit too much.” She thought with her eyes wide. Wasn’t her mother straight? In that moment she didn’t know anymore. Maybe her mother liked women as well? But this was a complete stranger. Her thoughts vanished feelling the lips of the stranger on her’s. Her body wasn’t her own, and she couldn’t stop the kiss from happening. The only movement she could control was her hands which she closed into fists. She didn’t want this kiss, but she couldn’t do anything about it.

Seeing the stranger kiss Kiyomi snapped the wolf demon out of her daze. “Get off of her!” Katerina called to the stranger.. She saw her daughter didn’t like what was happening, but the necklace prevented her from doing anything. When the kiss ended, the stranger spoke again. “I wish she would kiss me again.” It was almost like a soft whisper in the back of her mind. Her eyes moved to the stone street below her. “What the hell?” She said aloud, surprised by her own thoughts. She didn’t want another kiss from her, but Katerina couldn’t denie she felt a pull towards the pink hair woman. What was happening to her?

The area around them started to move.The images moving around them forced Kiyomi to close her eyes; her stomach twisting. Katerina took a deep breath as they appeared in a room. Blinking away the dizziness, her eyes finally focused. Her eyes landed on the person she was looking for. “Natsumi.” She said her name aloud while her eyes narrowed. Of course it was her doing.

When they “landed” Kiyomi couldn’t hold it in any longer.  She leaned over, her hands grabbed her stomach and the contents of her stomach came up. Her face soon became pale and her skin started to sweat. Her eyes too fell onto the woman who was speaking. “Sorry…” She whispered as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

Katerina glanced over to her daughter, worried for a moment then turned to look back at Natsumi. Her eyes narrowed at the fox’s words then glanced down at the necklace around her neck. “That is what it is. A slave collar…Damnit!” She thought to herself while she listened to the last of Natsumi’s words. “I do not have a sexual addiction. I am engaged to a man named Jackson Elendel…” She paused rolling her eyes. “You haven’t changed….I thought you were dead. Thanks for telling me.” Katerina sighed then looked at the necklace. She needed to get out of here, she was starting to regret looking for Natsumi.

“Can you get this thing off of me, Natsumi?” She asked the fox before her. She was tired of being on the ground this way. “I know you have a way…” She commented. Natsumi was smart, the wolf demon knew this. “I would be very grateful.” Katerina added.