Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > Goodbye Old Friend [solo/r]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996

The coast was chilly as a heavy fog set in, and the scent of death filled the streets. It could have been mistaken for any old night in the town, but there was something heavy in the air. Lewis could feel that something was off, and immediately went on alert. He snaked his way through the streets to his regular haunt looking for his old friend, Jasper, but the taverns hadn’t seen him in days. Most pushed it off as a drunken man doing drunken things, but Lewis felt a knot in his gut.

It wasn’t too hard to track down the man’s address, though it did cost him a few silver here and there to grease palms. Soon, Lewis found himself standing in front of a modest, wooden shack. Jasper wasn’t a fool by any means, but had never been good with money. He tried knocking, but it rang hollow. It wasn’t a good sign.

Lewis took a moment to eye the streets. No one was around, so he did what any ex-assassin would. He knelt down and started to pick the lock. It took him mere moments to slip into the lock, and then-

There was a snap. Lewis stared at the lock. That wasn’t… Had he broken the pick? It wasn’t a sound he was used to hearing. Had it really been that long since he had last picked a lock? He scoffed, and stood up. Perhaps…a window would do better in this situation.

Luck was on his side as he found a half open window, and he crawled in through the lightly stocked kitchen. “The food is old, though, “ he muttered to himself. That was a problem. There was a hint of death on the air, and Lewis let out a soft sigh. He knew what to expect…

Jasper was in his room, sitting at the desk. His throat had been slit, but it looked as though he had been writing something. He walked over to see a blank page, and cursed. Whatever he had been trying to write never made it to the parchment.

Except…

Lewis noted the quill’s position. It looked mid-stroke. He picked up the paper, and realized that Jasper had merely imprinted the paper without ink. A clever man…

It didn’t take Lewis long to trace the letter, and when he did…

I’m sorry. I had no choice. They promised to let me live, but I have a feeling…so if you find this, I want to let you know…I’m so sorry…

Lewis took a deep breath, and exhaled. “I guess this really is your final stop, Jazz…you had a good run…” He waited for a few moments longer in silence, and then stood up, closing Jasper’s eyes. “Get some rest…you’ve earned it…”