Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Guardian of Angels[P,R?]
Sirona

Character Info
Name: Sirona
Alignment: LG
Race: Angel
Class: Holy Knight
Silver: 0
Late afternoon in the lands on an overcast day meant that the lands would be darker a little earlier than normal. But as the angel stood from kneeling next to a tombstone, she knew that she would be gone from this place before nightfall. It felt wrong to her, but from the stories Sirona had heard of this place that was to be expected. The dead rising on their own, large carrion birds circling the place even now before the sun was down. A low fog that despite the day light rays hadn’t been burned away but instead persisted since Sirona’s arrival hours before.

The angel had wanted to visit this place once she had heard about it and made her flight down as soon as she knew more about the stories of the cemetery’s past. For the few hour that she had been there Sirona had spent her time wondering the place, reading what names she could from the headstones and not at all missing the irony of her, an angel, walking through a cemetery. But it raise a question in Sirona’s mind, one that she hadn’t thought about in some time. Was she at one point another person?

She wasn’t clueless to the fact that angels could also be the spirits of the dead reformed and in a way reborn as an angel. Could her human body be among these dead? Somewhere else, perhaps on Onenn? It was hard to say, and something that Sirona only thought about rarely since it could conjure up bad images for her. She was who she was now and that’s all Sirona knew, so that’s how she thought of herself, as an angel knight sworn to destroy evil and the forces that employed it.

But now she was slowly heading deeper into the cemetery, older and older the stones became and harder to read the text, if there was any. It was at one stone that Sirona felt a slight pull towards and she stopped at it and knelt down at the side, as not to be on top of where the body would be. With a gloved hand she wiped away the dust to reveal a name, one that she could not read, however, what she could read the age. This had been but a child upon death, the angel frowned and placed a hand on the stone and bowed her head to say a small prayer for the child’s spirit.

Sirona, Goddess of Light and Strength, Lady Glory and the Stronghold of Peace

Sirona's Divine Powers;
1. Light From - Sirona can take on a form that is made of pure Light, she has no physical form while like this and can move at light speed.

2. Grant Strength - Sirona can pass some extra Strength onto those around her if they need it. The kind of strength they get is up to them, be it magical, physical or spiritual, it is a small lone of her Strength for a short time.

3. Solar Flare - Sirona can call down a beam of pure sunlight from the sun itself! She can focus this beam to a surprising degree, from the ability to target one being in a crowd to wiping out said crowd in a luminous cleansing of Light!

OOC: Shawn

Warehouse – If you need synth and stuff check here, if you want to buy anything please PM me on Sirona or find me is Discord :)
Veda

Character Info
Name: Veda Ingrid
Alignment: CN
Race: Demon
Class: Thief/Scavenger
Silver: 1680
Happiness was never given. Nobody was ever born happy. Risks were taken for all happiness. Even if the ones receiving happiness were not the ones who took the risk. So, Veda was going to take the risk. Her feet took her to the edge of the city. The cemetery. If she was going to do this, then she would have to cross the land of graves. A silver dagger remained sheathed and tucked away in her pocket. The demon didn’t have much. A common tunic with many stains covered her upper body while brown pants with a hole for her tail covered the legs. Two brown horns stuck out of her black messy hair. Veda’s eyes were bright gold. If she opened her mouth, one would be able to see her unnaturally sharp teeth.

Echoing silence reminded her of the coming loneliness ahead of her. Some of the gravestones were destroyed or had crumbled apart overtime. A low fog hung around but the sunlight was present still. Birds that Veda couldn't identify circled above the yard. Grass surrounding the tombs had decayed long ago. They used to play here, amongst the stones and dead trees. The demon could almost hear the sounds of laughter from that time. Sadness crept at the edge of her mind. Memories of sleeping curled up with her siblings on the floor, in the corner so that they could avoid the water leaking through the roof, sprang into her mind. One look back to where she had traveled would be all it took to get her back home.

Reaching up to her cheek, she wiped off the salty tears that threatened to overtake her. No, Veda could not allow these feelings to get in the way. Her mission was to preserve her family. Help them survive. Even if it meant breaking her own heart to do it. Pushing herself forwards, she began to walk through the silent graveyard. Halfway through the graveyard she stopped. Fear burst through her mind as she realized that she wasn’t alone. The angelic wings on the woman’s back was unmistakable. Veda hide behind a tree, attempting to remain unseen. An angel? Thoughts ran through her head as she realized the woman might have been here for the city.

What if they found her family? No. If an angel came through, then the angel would be going after the big leagues. Not some random demons who lived in the slums. The swamps beyond the graveyard seemed less threatening all of the sudden. She slipped out from behind her hiding spot to a new hiding spot just ahead. Hopefully, the angel hadn’t noticed her. Veda could have waited until the angel left. But she didn’t think about that. Instead, the demon decided to make a break for the swamps. Bursting out from her hiding place, she ran as fast as she could, trying to get to the swamps where it would be more difficult to follow.

Sirona

Character Info
The feeling of being watched ran down Sirona’s spine as she prayed at the child’s tombstone. Being what she was and where she was this feeling didn’t peak Sirona’s interest like it normally would, more so given the time of day. As she was finished her silent pray the angel stood up, wings stretching a bit as she did. She decided that would walk deeper into the older parts of the cemetery still her faith in the Gods giving her the conviction she needed to do something that others wouldn’t.

The sound of feet running caught Sirona’s ears and she turned in that direction in time to see a figure running away from her. It took the angel a moment to see what her instincts were telling but she noticed the tail and horns soon enough. Demon!

Wings opening wide Sirona drove herself into the air and took off after the demon, drawing her sword as she did. She swiftly winged herself past the demon and dropped from the air, wings still out wide and sword up, hate burning in her glowing blue eyes. ”Demon! How dare you sully this place with your presence!” Sirona cried out taking careful steps forward with her sword at the ready, and ready to dodge or counter any attack the demon might make against her.

No thoughts went through Sirona’s mind that this demon was no threat and meant no harm. No, the angel saw the demon and her first instinct was attack and remove this foul beast from the land of the living. Send it back to the Infernals were it belonged.

Sirona's Divine Powers;
1. Light From - Sirona can take on a form that is made of pure Light, she has no physical form while like this and can move at light speed.

2. Grant Strength - Sirona can pass some extra Strength onto those around her if they need it. The kind of strength they get is up to them, be it magical, physical or spiritual, it is a small lone of her Strength for a short time.

3. Solar Flare - Sirona can call down a beam of pure sunlight from the sun itself! She can focus this beam to a surprising degree, from the ability to target one being in a crowd to wiping out said crowd in a luminous cleansing of Light!

Warehouse – If you need synth and stuff check here, if you want to buy anything please PM me on Sirona or find me is Discord :)
Veda

Character Info
Heart pounding. Fear powering her every step. Golden eyes alert as she realized that the angel had seen her. She could hear the flapping of its wings. Veda now understood what a mouse felt like when running from a hawk. Suddenly the angel landed ahead of her. The sight of the angel made the demon stop running towards the angel. The demons stopped too fast and ended up tripping over her own feet, falling face first into the dirt.

Scrambling to her feet, she bolted the opposite direction of the angel. Veda understood her limits. Fighting an angel would be disastrous. There was no possible way to win. The best option was to run away, which she had no issue with. An old tree stood tall and appeared to be stable. Veda attempted to run to the tree and hide behind it. If she made it then she would peer out from behind it, looking at the angel. 

"Go away angel beast!"
She shouted with terrified fury, "You don't live in the city!"

Veda had no idea if the angel lived in Vilpamolan city or not. However, since she hadn't heard news of Angels moving in before she let, Veda guessed that this Angel didn't live anywhere near here. Panic ran through her mind as she wondered what the angel beast would be here for. Thoughts of worry for her family burst through her head as she watched Sirona. Every movement Veda made was defensive, as the demon couldn't take her on. 

Sirona

Character Info
The demon fell but before Sirona could close in and end it it managed to get back up and run back into the direction it had come from, back into the cover of more trees. Sirona took to the air again to use her height to her advantage and flew after the demon. Spotting the demon Sirona landed again as it was hiding behind a tree and peered out at her. The demon shouted and Sirona scowled. ”You call me a beast?! Demon filth! And what city do you speak of? Tell me and I shall make your death swift and painless!” Sirona replied sword out and at the ready as she stepped closer.

”Come out from behind there and face me, demon.” Sirona challenged. ”You can’t outrun me while I can fly.” She informed with her eyes narrowed under the hood of her armour, wings out ready to lift her into the air again at a moment’s notice if the demon took off again.

Sirona's Divine Powers;

Veda

Character Info
Veda stayed behind the tree. It was her safety and only place of comfort at the moment. She listened to the angel as the stranger asked her a question, along with threats and insults. Threats. Insults. Nothing she hadn't heard before. The hatred in Sirona's eyes were alarming but familiar. Veda had seen that hatred a thousand times before. Everyday. She couldn't fight the angel. That much was clear. Not only did the stranger have a sword but she also had wings and probably had magic. Somebody like Veda couldn't stand a chance. But, there was no way that she could speak of the city. There was a huge chance that this awful angel would go on a massacre there.

"Tell me this first, what have I done to deserve such hatred from you?" Veda asked the woman.

Her golden eyes peaked out from behind the tree to look at the angel.

"And why do you want to kill so much?" She asked.

Veda knew that the angel wanted to kill her, and probably anybody else who wasn't a human. But she couldn't understand why. Goblins, ogres, giants, fey, half-dragons, and many others from Vilpamolan city had described attacks from angels this vicious. Veda had never experienced any before now, but she could finally understand why her parents and hundreds of others were deadly afraid of them.

Sirona

Character Info
Sirona sighed, foolish demon, trying to talk her way out of this then? ”You are a demon, simple as that, demons only mean one thing; evil. Give me one good reason why I should not send you back to the Underworld where you belong?” She asked, watching carefully for an attack that she assumed was coming, never once thinking that this demon was just a demon who wanted to be left alone. All of Sirona’s past interactions with demons had been during a fight. She had helped fight off demons from a small town in Onnen, she helped exercise the demon possessed as well, cleansing those souls from the realm of the living. ”Did you get summoned to these lands, or did you claw your way from hell to try and drag the living back down with you?”

[OOC: Kinda short, sorry :/ ]

Sirona's Divine Powers;

Veda

Character Info
"…I was born here. On land. In the city." Veda explained as confusion crossed her face.

The demon stayed behind her tree defense. Veda understood that most demons were considered evil. But her parents had never told her about any of the things that they might do. She didn't understand much about the concepts of good or evil. All she knew was that she had to make sure that her family survived and were happy. That was it. Everything else wasn't important. But…her mother did once say, be good. Veda didn't understand the order but she did know that if it pleased her parents, then she would do it. Once she figured out what that order meant. The demon knew that good and evil were opposites.

"I know that you'll assume I'm lying. But, there are people out there who rely on me. I'm the last chance they have to get a good life." Veda spoke with her face slightly down, to hide her expression.

Her voice was determined and slightly saddened. Leaving them, well it was the only choice she had. They needed money and would never get enough here. The demon's head lifted up to look at the angel.

"So I'm not going to let you kill me! I'm not going to let you destroy their future!" Veda shouted then paused, "But it's not like an angel like you would ever understand that."

[You're good! :D]

Sirona

Character Info
Born on the land in the city? Sirona furrowed her brows, what did that mean? Was the demon saying she was born to the world of the living instead of being summoned? That brought up a lot more questions for the angel to think of to ask, but she didn’t advance further against the demon behind the tree. Instead kept her ground and shield up and ready just in case this was a faint to attack Sirona when her guard was down.

The more the demon spoke the more curious Sirona got about her. In truth all of the demons Sirona had encountered up to now had become violent against her right away, even if she wasn’t the first to start the fighting. Not to mention that most had looked pretty bad, in deformed humanoind looking way, but this female didn’t.

After a moment to think the angel replied. ”Then help me understand. I’ve never had a demon run from me like you are or speak like you are, so I’ll admit to some curiosity on my part. I’m from Onnen not Canelux, so I suppose I should try and learn more about those that live here, even demons. So, tell me then; who are you and who are you is this “them” you are proving a good life for?” Sirona asked, relaxing her stance a bit to give the demon some sense that she was being truthful, but still ready in case the demon attacked anyway.

Sirona's Divine Powers;

Veda

Character Info
A mixture of confusion, mistrust, and naivety swirled around in the demon. This was an angel. She should have killed Veda the minute she saw her. Why was she hesitating now? What did this angel want from a demon? Perhaps….the angel was genuine. Maybe she was actually interested in learning about the world around her. Veda's ears perked up with excitement. If the angel was interested in learning, maybe they could become friends? The idea of angel and demon friendships fascinated her mind. Until she remembered that the angel had threatened her only a few moments earlier. Friendship would probably be too far away for now. Settling for not getting murdered would be her first goal. 

"….Only if you promise you won't kill me." The demon said, "And you can't kill anybody else unless for a good reason."

The demon poked her head out from behind the decaying tree to see the stranger better. If the angel would agree to not murdering everybody, then the demon would have no issue with talking about herself. Veda did not want the angel to start using this information to hurt anybody. Especially after seeing what the woman could do. 

"My name is Veda." She explained, "And I was talking about my family. I don't want you to hurt them. I'd also like if you didn't hurt anybody else. Unless they attack you or try to kill you first….I've told you information about myself. Sooo what's your name? And what are other demons like?"

Veda was not oblivious. She was perfectly aware of the fact that her family and herself were extremely rare. Hardly any other demons existed like them. Knowing how most demons acted might help her survive other encounters. Information was valuable. No matter the situation.