Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Rabbit Season[P,Event]
Larka

Character Info
Name: Larka Nash
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Berserker
Silver: 0
So much had happened in her life in the last few weeks. She had almost lost a second wife and a third child, and then almost lost her own life rampaging through the rain forest tribe for revenge. She had killed so many, that blood she could not wash away, but blood on her hand was something she could live with now that she had her family back.

Since being reunited with Celeste, now a new woman thanks to Angela, and Akira who had ran away and hadn't been taken. Scared by the death and blood and her mommy Larka going insane with the rage. Angela had restored Larka, her body had been failing her from being over taxed from Larka's powers keeping her going as long as they had, heart had nearly failed before she, with the help of Zanar, had managed to get to the Goddess. She had yet to properly thank Zanar for bringing her around to her senses that day, maybe one day she'd take a trip to his Temple and thank him in person.

But that wasn't all, oh no. Larka was pregnant! Seeing that Larka and Celeste had wanted a family, and knowing that they would be great mothers thanks to their adoption of Akira already, Angela had proposed an idea. She would purge Larka of her Reaver powers, therefore eliminating Larka's dependence on the dragon blood solution she had been drinking to sustain her powers and her life, for almost twenty years. With that out of her system Angel had used her powers to meld a part of each Celeste and Larka and place it in Larka who would then become pregnant. It was something the wives had jumped at the idea at, agreeing quickly to it, and Larka was excited to get that Reaver side of her out as well.

She had her blood born Berserker powers back though, fuelled on anger, and now she had awoken some new magical talents in the Earth side of things. Combined with Larka's protective nature of her family and she could go from fun loving woman to really pissed off and strong mommy bear in seconds. Having already lost one family and almost losing a second, Larka was now even more protective of Celeste and Akira than she was before, and now that she herself was pregnant she had to be careful of her own well being more than she had been. No drinking and sex had to be done a little more carefully with her wife, and quieter to, sometimes.

But Larka had been staying at home more the last few weeks, allowing Celeste and Akira to travel around instead. But Larka was getting a bit bored at home without them and she had taken a trip to the city to just walk around. While there she had heard of the rumours of the giant ghost bunny that had been in the city and was travelling around. Larka was new to magic in the way she had now held power over it, so she was a little less sensitive to the changes in the air, not knowing what they meant.

But, a giant ghost bunny, that sounded like something Akira would love to follow and if she and Celeste were still travelling together chances were good that that was where Larka would find her family. To that end she had rushed home and grabbed her endless bag and Kyu, who was almost full grown now instead of a wolf puppy. ”Let's go, Kyu, we'll find them I'm sure.” Larka smiled and tossed in some food into her bag as well and got it attached to her belt.

Heading back into town from the Lake area, Larka asked around until she found out that the last time the bunny had been spotted it was in the Cemetery area. Well, that wasn't the closest place to Sularia, so after a little more searching Larka found a kind mage willing to make a gate for her to get to the Cemetery in little time.

So it was that the Berserker came to be standing among the tombstones with her wolf standing next to her. What she had yet to notice, though Kyu had really noticed, was a second almost invisible wolf standing next to her, caused by the odd magics in the air. Larka looked the place over while Kyu stared at the ghost looking wolf that she could barely see but still sense next to Larka. If Larka was to notice the wolf she'd see that it was a good resemblance to her first wolf companion, Fel, who died of old age years and years ago. ”Hm, I don't see the bunny anywhere, maybe the information was too old and it's moved on?” Larka suggested as she started to walk slowly around the grave stones to see the place, she hadn't been here before.

OOC: Shawn
CelesteJN

Character Info
Name: Celeste Nash
Alignment: CN
Race: Elvish
Class: Water seeress
Silver: 387
Death had been an eerily calm experience. She remembered feeling sorry for her wife, having to loose her family all over again in almost the same exact way as previously. Thankfully, the goddess Angela took mercy upon them and gifted Celeste with the ability to live and breathe once more. This was an opportunity she was not going to squander. While her mind had been partially recovered during this process, more so than what the women had already done themselves with time, Angela had to bring the elf back as one of her Rosenites, partially plant based. Meaning, Celeste required more access to the sunlight.

It suited her just fine, but there was one new rule. Do not ever use her water abilities within the city limits of Sularia. Water was considered sacred, and something only specific Rosenites could use, something Celeste was not. For the goddess, whom she felt she owed her life to, Celeste would adhere to this as best as she could. And the gifts kept coming. Larka was purged of her dependency of that vile substance, and blessed with a pregnancy, a child of both of their blood. Their roles were now reversed. Celeste must be the primary breadwinner. In their line of work, this was safest.

However, Celeste also chose to go on easier missions. Ones that would allow her to travel with Akira. Since they were reunited, the child clung to her fiercely. Once she had the ability to, Celeste wanted to go seek out the god who sheltered her through the tough time of her death. For being the god of chaos, Akira primarily said nice things about him, but refrained from calling him by name, or giving him even a nickname. It was as if she was hiding something from her mothers. The Rosenite elf figured that she'd give the child time. When she was ready to talk about it in length, she would let them know.

As it was, one only had to leave it to Akira to find the most insane sounding leads to follow. When she told Celeste about the magic ghost bunny, which was special because everyone could see it apparently, the foxling was so animated that the elf could not say no. This was how the pair got to hunting this spectral being. What confused Celeste most was how so many people were available to give more clues as to the rabbit’s whereabouts. It made its way steadily south. From Sularia, to the Vada Valley where Akira met a Tibbit, whatever that was. After that, they went to the cemetery.

Akira knelt down and inspected some foot markings. She looked so serious, yet hilarious at the same time. The elf burst into laughter, to which Akira merely smiled up at her. ”Big bunny print. Definitely here.” A ferret jumped from her shoulders and sniffed at the prints, sneezed and scampered in circles around the child. According to Akira, its name was Neera, with the ability to shape shift and talk. Though, it never talked when it thought Celeste couldn't hear. Since it only seemed to protect Akira, Celeste resigned to keep a watchful eye. Reika sniffed at the air and bound off.

The tiger knew better, and would only rush off if she was going to meet Kyu. With a wide smile, almost childishly, Celeste motioned for Akira to follow. Together they ran in giggles until they saw who they wanted. Elated to see her, Celeste threw her arms around Larka and planted a loving kiss, while Akira hugged her legs. ”Ar lath ma! Where have you been? We expected you to catch up a week ago!” ”Mommy Larka can't stay home by yourself long. Not in your nature!”

Larka

Character Info
As Larka walked along the stones reading the names on them and taking in their design Kyu barked and caught her attention. Larka glanced down at the wolf and followed her gaze before Kyu took off and the Berserker laughed lightly when a familiar tiger came into view and feline and canine greeted each other. It was always nice that the two of them got along. Larka walked over and reached down to scratch the big cat's ears with a smile. ”Hello, Reika.” Larka greeted and looked up to see her wife and daughter running, giggling together towards her.

Larka smiled wife when Celeste threw her arms around and the couple shared a kiss while Larka felt Akira attach to her leg. She smiled to Celeste's words and as Akira spoke knelt down and picked up Akira in her arm, allowing Akira to sit on her arm, Larka had gotten used to it and Akira was rather light anyway. ”I'm not as fast as I used to be.” She grinned planting a quick kiss on Akira's cheek with a smile. ”And, yes, Akira is right, I needed to get out for a bit, I was getting a little bored.” She giggled, something she used to rarely do but something Celeste could get out of her now and then, but she was doing it more often now. ”I found a mage in Sularia who opened a gate here for me, since this is the last place that rabbit has been seen. I'm lucky you two were still in the area. How have your travels been?” Larka asked, she still had yet to notice the second ghostly wolf standing by her.

To have a family again, to have Celeste back in her life and Akira with them with a a new little one on the way, it was almost too much for Larka. It had to work this time, she loved them both more than anything, and she knew she'd love the baby she was carrying as well, she already did. If something were to happen now, after everything that had happened, Larka knew she would implode again like she had before. But that time would be the last.

But those kinds of thoughts Larka did her best to leave deep in her mind and ignored of if she could help it. She had a family to focus on, and that was all that mattered to her.

Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
Peeking from behind a tombstone, a small creature stared at the odd group. A runic wolf, snowy tiger, an elf, and a human. There was a ghosty wolf as well, but there was truly only one being the creature had an interest for. The white child was scooped up and hugged close, giggling with the human. ”Uneventful, but never dull,” the elf was saying. She frowned at the other woman. ”Stop it, Larka. I’m not going to let that happen again.” Celeste was wondering if she even spoke of the last thoughts she had before the end. They played over and over in her mind, but has she ever spoken them?

”Eyes on us.” Reika had sensed it too, and was padding over to the tombstone something hide behind. Instead of aggressive, the tiger approached in a curious manner, which probably helped keep the creature from doing much more than cower a bit. With a big sniff at the strange creature, Reika licked it, carefully picked it up as if it was her cub and carried it back to the women, dropping it neatly at their feet.

Before them sat a pathetic, timid looking thing. It was the size of a full grown bunny, with the feet and claws of a lion, and wings of a snowy owl. Completely snowy white, the tips of ears, tail, and feathers were black. Large onyx eyes looked up at the child, and sat up, ears quivering. ”What is it?” Celeste knelt beside it and inspected the creature closer.

Holding out a hand, she waited for the thing to come up to her. When it did, the elf petted it before scooping it up. As she stood, the creature stretched its neck out toward Akira. ”I think it likes you, Akira.” What doesn’t, she thought with a smile. ”Can I keep it? Please, please?”

Larka

Character Info
”Our lives have never been dull, but uneventful is a welcome change.” Larka replied with a grin, but frowned slightly at Celeste's next words. If she wasn't holding Akira she'd reach out and cup Celeste's cheek, but instead all she could say was. ”It won't happen again, I promise, ma vhenan.” Larka promised with a nod.

Akira then spoke of eyes on them, and her instinct for such things was usually spot on, so Larka looked around and followed the tiger's movements. When the big cat came back with the little creature in her maw like she was carrying a kitten Larka raised a brow; what was that? It looked like a cross with a rabbit, lion and an owl, all snow white with black on the tips of its ears, its tail and feather. It looked adorable!

”I'm not sure, Akira, never seen that before.” Larka answered as Celeste knelt to inspect the cowering creature. It came closer to Celeste who picked it up and it stretched its neck out to Akira, at Celeste's words Larka smiled, thinking the same thing her wife was. It was cute and Akira asked if she could keep it, Larka glanced up to meet Celeste's with a grin and nodded. ”If it wants to be kept, Akira, I think that will be alright.” Larka answered and knelt down to let Akira back on her feet to see her new friend closer.

As Larka stood a snort caught her attention and, at first she thought it was Kyu, but the wolf was already in sight. So Larka turned to see a strange creature standing behind her, as if guarding her back. ”Well, I knew things were getting strange with all this odd magical stuff from the large rabbit, but, well, that's new.”

The creature was about the size of a full grown dire wolf, but its body shape was more akin to a deer. It had long strong legs covered in black wolf fur, with a long busy tail to match, its back legs were reversed jointed, and its head was like a deer's as well, but was a little longer in the snout. It had a very large set of antlers on it that would make any hunter proud to hang on their wall. It had a heavy main of black fur running down its back to its tail, while the rest of its body was covered in white and light grey hair with black swirls in it.

Larka reached her hand out and the beast casually walked over to her and booped her hand with its nose. Kyu came over and looked up the creature curiously, but even the protective wold wasn't upset by this beast's appearance. ”Any ideas, Celeste? I'm new this whole magic thing after all.”

CelesteJN

Character Info
Name: Celeste Nash
Alignment: CN
Race: Elvish
Class: Water seeress
Silver: 387
As Akira was lowered, so did Celeste kneel, holding the little creature as a baby animal. Her little hand reached out and cautiously ran over the ears. She squealed and hopped between feet excitedly. ”Calm down.” Celeste warned, but the rabbit creature thing was trying desperately to escape the elf’s arms. It jumped from woman to child, and kept pushing its nose against Akira’s chin repeatedly, causing her to giggle. ”Whiskers tickle!” At Larka’s words, Celeste looked up and saw a rather odd creature.

While keeping an eye on Akira and the rabbit, the elf couldn’t help but be curious by the wolfish deer. Even Kyu’s reaction to it was noted. Ideas were beginning to form in the back of her head as to what was happening. What she didn’t know, however, was the fact that she had one hiding in her hair! Upon first glance, one would see a flash of a rainbow fin like thing. The betta mermaid was primarily white, with a beautiful rainbow sheen. Her dorsal fin overlapped the tail fin, which overlapped the ventral fin, giving the mermaid the appearance of a long, beautiful tail. From the sides, she had a pair of pelvic fins acting as sleeves for her arms.

The pectoral fins were up behind her ears, half hidden by the white hair. It enjoyed swimming and hiding through Celeste’s hair as it was incorporeal in nature. Gorgeous to behold, impossible to touch. ”If I had to guess, they’re like animal companions. Like… Familiars to a mage. Must be the imbalance of the magical realm that’s allowing these things to form and bond to someone. I don’t know if it has anything to do with your personal prowess or not, though.” Just then, Akira squealed excitedly. ”Pretty fish in Celst’s hair! Pretty fish!”

Larka

Character Info
Larka watched as Akira and the little bunny thing got along well, giggling when Akira said that the whiskers tickled. Akira was adorable and Larka loved like dearly, she and Celeste were lucky to have the little foxling in their lives. Her eyes were on the wolfish deer thing that had been following her and she listened to Celeste's explanation of what was going on. ”Hm, would have been interesting to see if it would still follow me, or even be different, if I didn't now have magic that I can use.” Larka observed looking back to her wife in time to see the rainbow thing in her hair, making her put on a puzzled look.

Before she could say anything Akira spoke up, calling it a pretty fish. Larka chuckled and pointed. ”She's not wrong, it is rather pretty.” Larka smiled and once she got a better look at it knew it that to be even more true. It had a beautiful rainbow sheen to it. ”Odd things indeed are happening thanks to that big bunny. Wonder what else is happening around the lands?” Larka smiled.

After that was over she thought of something, two things in fact. ”Ah, that's right, I haven't shown either if you my element, guess now is as good time as any.” Larka chuckled. He hand glowed green and she reached down to the ground and then started to pull upwards. The ground a few feet away rumbled and her earth dragon elemental clawed its way out of the ground, stone, gems and earth combined to make a fearsome looking dragon. Even Kyu slunk back a step at the sight of the twelves foot tall beast. Larka smiled to her wife and child and went over to pet the stony beast on the nose, it huffed and nuzzled her hand, but she was careful of the pointy bits. ”Ah, you're just a big suck up, aren't you?” She laughed lightly, and while that was true when it wasn't fighting something, when it was fighting something it was a monster to watch. ”He won't hurt you, Akira, if you want to pet him.” Larka assured, just in case.

Once that was settled, Larkad deciding for now to keep the dragon above ground she looked to Akira. ”Before you and I met, Akira, I had some wings tattooed on my back, tattooes are, uh… like a drawing but it's under your skin. See?” She turned and lifted the back of her shirt to show the large black raven wings that she had there, allowing Akira to feel them if she needed to. ”But these aren't just for looks, there is a magic to them.” Larka focused her magic into the ruins written in magic ink just under the wings and two large black wings did sprout from her back.

She smiled at her daughter's reaction. ”Wanna go for a small fly?” Larka asked glancing to Celeste with a grin, and to make sure that her wife was on board, which she seemed to be. For safety Larka formed her left again out of earth like she had done a few times before and picked Akira, and her bunny like friend, up in her arms. Flapping the wings Larka got herself into the air, keeping an eye on Akira's reaction in case she became scared, flying up to just over the trees to let Akira have a good view. ”What do you think, Akira?”

Akira

Character Info
Larka was approaching uncharted territory, a subject with they could merely speculate upon, never knowing the truth. Just as Celeste was about to open her mouth to say something along that train of thought, both Akira and Larka had mentioned something pretty. Confused, the elf turned around but saw nothing. ”You two must be mistaken. There’s nothing there.” That was when she heard it, the sound of air bubbles escaping a mouth underwater, floating up to the surface with an enchanting giggle. Yet, nothing was there to suggest the cause of the sound.

The betta mermaid had giggled, and swam around Celeste’s head, deliberately brushing her face with its tail. It had felt cold, almost numbing, as it went right through her skin. Celeste blinked in surprise, a single hand absently rubbing the chilled jaw. ”Oh… It’s real… Um… Why is she not tangible like yours?” she mused aloud. Her wife pulled her out of the lulled state of mind. Turning, she watched Larka call forth a great earthen elemental. Akira darted forward a few steps, and stopped to crane her neck as she gazed up at the tall creature.

”Shiny,” she said in awe. Excited, the child quickly closed the distance between herself and Larka, eagerly thrusting her hand up to touch the elemental. For as large as it was, and a timid little fox, shouldn’t she be fearful? Yet, here she was, in high spirits, unafraid. That child was something to behold, to admire for sure. Once more, Larka shifted gears and explained to Akira about tattoos, and the purpose behind the one on her back. Again, in reverence, the child reached out and softly touched the markings on the skin. Celeste gave a nod to Larka’s suggestion, smiling as she was eager to see the child's reaction herself.

”Yes, please! Please, please please!” Akira was jumping from foot to foot, unable to stand still as the elemental arm was formed. Practically bouncing in Larka’s arms, the child kept a sure grip on the woman. ”Woah… Ah… YAY!! SHINY!!” The child cheered, feeling the wind in her hair, the elation of being off of the ground, soaring through the air.

Whatever the creature in her arms was, the bunny like thing jumped out of Akira’s arms and spread its own wings, laying its ears down flat against its body. The wind caught it, and with a few flaps, it was able to elevate it to Akira’s level. It was surprisingly fast, and agile. ”Regal! Can’t catch us!” Akira called down to the rabbit with glee, urging Larka to fly faster as she started a game of Air Tag.

Larka

Character Info
”I'm not sure, love. Maybe it's just because it's a different kind of familiar?” Larka mused about her wife's new fishy familiar.

Larka smiled when Akira showed no fear in running up to the big earth dragon elemental and reaching up to touch it. Larka grinned when it leaned its head down to look at the little one closer, touching his nose to his hand, it knew from its mental connection with Larka that this child was to be protected at all costs to its own life. It's physical body could be destroyed, yes, but Larka after a time could summon him back again into a fresh body. Akira just showed no fear in the face of such a beast, she possibly sensed that it wouldn't hurt her, she did seem to have a good instinct for trusting the right people so far.

Larka switched to her wing tattoos and giggled at Akira's reaction, maybe it was because she was pregnant and things were changing in her but she was giggling more often than usual. She almost had to catch Akira when she was practically bouncing into Larka's arms, the Berserker was absolutely delighted and loving the fact that she could now have her left arm back. Even if it was made of dirt and stone, it gave her back a lot of her lost freedoms, in her mind anyway, she had adapted very well in her life to one arm.

She kicked off into the air and over the trees allowing Akira a beautiful view. And, of course, Akira, clinging tightly to Larka, showed no fear in being up so high in the air, she was cheering in fact as the wind passed them by making their hair swirl around. However when the bunny thing that was in Akira's arms jumped from her into the air Larka's first instinct told her that it had fallen! She went to make a dive for it until it caught the air and was up to her level, it could fly as well!

Larka smiled as Akira urged her on, Larka was a human and not built for flying so speed wasn't her thing, neither was being agile in the air. But, she indulged her adopted daughter with a large smile and picked up her pace, clinging tighter to Akira as she did. Larka showed that she had, in fact, been practising at some point, as she was able to do a couple dips and dives and twists in the air. The air rushing past them at speed, it was the feeling of freedom and Larka soaked it in, she needed this more than she knew.

But in the end, Regal, as Akira called it, managed to catch up Larka and land on her shoulder, Larka just wasn't that fast or agile. But that was okay, Larka did one last loop before dropping down and landing close to Celeste again with a happy Akira in her arms. Larka smiled and hugged Akira and kissed her cheek. ”Did you have fun?” That answer was obvious. ”We can fly again another time, okay?” Larka smiled as she allowed Akira to stay in her arms if she was or set her down.

Looking to Celeste again Larka grinned. ”I suppose we might want to keep going if we want to keep up with that big bunny, huh?” She left it as an open question, in case Celeste wanted to can the idea and they all head home. Either was fine with Lark as long as they were together.

Akira

Character Info
Part of Celeste envied her family soaring above. What did it feel like up there? To feel the breeze, to touch the clouds, it must be magical. Yet, she was glad to have another chance with them. To see their daughter that happy made her heart swell.

Akira squealed with delight at every loop, dip and maneuver Larka pulled off. The wind whipped at her hair, tore at her clothing, and the distance off the ground should have scared her. Instead, she was thrilled beyond compare. For Akira, there was no word in her vocabulary to explain this sensation.

When the pair touched down again, Akira twirled in circles, still high off the adrenaline. ”What was fun! We go again soon?” Celeste was smiling from ear to ear as she walked up and embraced the once Reaver. ”One day, you’ll have to take me up there. However, for now, let us continue. Akira really wants to see that rabbit.” She planted a kiss on her wife’s lips, took her hand and began walking, following the path of the rabbit. Akira ran in circles with Regal, Reika and Kyu.