Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Rumor Investigation
Ha Neul

Character Info
Name: Ha Neul
Alignment: TN
Race: Reanimation
Class: Soldier
Silver: 2521
Ha Neul's gaze was still focusing on the sky while Hakon spoke concerning the ideals of good, listening very intently to this explanation. In the midst of her contemplation, her arms folded, as if non-verbally challenging the authenticity of the idea in her head.

"-civilization is that 'Good' we wish to protect," This phase settled in Ha Neul's mind for some time, invoking many thoughts.

After a long silence, Ha Neul finally spoke. "Order." She suddenly responded, with a tone of great surety in her voice, as if she had just discovered the solution to a great problem. "Order is what you wish to maintain; Order creates stability, stability creates peace. Without the maintenance of order, there is chaos. And when there is chaos, there is instability, and when there is instability, evil flourishes."

After this statement, Ha Neul's gaze slowly made it's way back down to Hakon again, with another look of seriousness as she spoke. "Yet. mortals are corruptible; How then, would you prevent both yourself and those who follow your ideals from also following into corruption?" Ha Neul's look of deep observance returned during this question, the one which seemed to have an intention of examining Hakon's very soul during her answer. 

Slowly making her way to one of the nearby tombstones, she took a seat ontop of it, before continuing on with her speech. "Those given the power to maintain order, can be the greatest blessing to the civilization. Yet, should they become corrupt, they can also become the greatest curse and regret for them; For power and influence is a double-edged sword."

Raising her arms casually in the air again, she did another nonchalant stretch before finishing her speech, "And I suppose, that is where our story begins."
AevumEternity

Character Info
Name: Hakon Kilandre
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mounted Paladin
Silver: 57
Hakon folds her hands in the small of her armored back as she listens- allowing her gaze to travel from Ha Neul's face upward- to the sky. She blinks slowly as she listens empathetically,"… Mortals can be corrupt, that much is true- but laws, order as a philosophy and mindset are impregnable to such forces when created within the protective compass of morality." She pauses, she had not realized she would be having a philosophical discussion," You've been harmed by mortals claiming action in the name of what is righteous. Have you not?" she pauses once more, exhaling a puff of white steam.

" I was one of those blind, corrupted individuals once. The sins of that old world I hope to atone for in this one-" idly, she allows her sharp hazel-grey eyes to fix upon Ha Neul once more,"- are you incorruptible, Ha Neul?" 

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
Ha Neul again listened very intensively to Hakon's words, her gaze connecting with hers. She pondered on what these sins may have been that Hakon had committed in her past with deep curiosity, for it was a completely different description compared to what Ha Nel had observed of her thus far. 

"are you incorruptible, Ha Neul?" Her eyes widened a bit at the last statement, rather surprised by the wisdom behind it.

There was another silence as she deeply contemplated on Hakon's words again. Looking up again for a few seconds, she finally gave an answer. "Sky." The statement seemed completely random and unconnected to the discussion at all, a tone similar to when a small child points out random things to their parents while walking down the street. However, she eventually began to explain the purpose behind this statement. "You asked me what my name means before; 'Ha Neul' means sky." She explained. "You said you saw mist and encroaching darkness. Today that is what I am, tomorrow I shall become something else. Everyday I am changing, altering. Some days I bring beautiful sunlight and pleasant rain, others I bring droughts and thunderstorms. Some days I bring goodness, grace, and delight to others, while other days I bring of grief, misery, and feelings of scorn." Upon finishing this statement, she looked back at Hakon, a somewhat disappointed facial expression as she answered. "I suppose that like you, I am also vulnerable to corruption and change, just like the sky." 

Letting the words settle, she later answered the second statement with another story, "Do you know what the difference is between soldiers and mercenaries? Morals. Without morals, a soldier is nothing more than a better trained cutthroat. Yet what shall that soldier become, when it is revealed that the very morals they sacrifice their lives for, turn out to be the very source of that immorality itself?" After a short pause, she admitted, "I suppose I ended up harming my own self, through my own naivety in following such claims." Her gaze slowly shifted to the ground, as memories of the past again resurfaced, "Yet I am the more lucky of the bunch.."
AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon quietly listened, then allowed the woman to stew in her own thoughts for several long, silent moments before extending her hand and placing it upon Ha Neul's shoulders- she parted her lips to speak but alas, an odd sound from within the tomb stopped her. A heavy thud followed by a wavering moan. So loud this sound was that it even seemed to surprise the armored beast who had settled so proudly upon the roof, causing Ansgar to shoot to his feet with a ruffle of his feathers. At least she had received the meaning of her counterpart's name.

Admittedly, Hakon was somewhat taken aback, it was midnight already? Talk about time flying. Squeezing Ha Neul's shoulder gently, she looked her counterpart directly in the eye," So will you be a cutthroat or just claw to another stepping stone of immortality?"

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
Ha Neul's thoughts quickly snapped back to reality at the sudden sound. With a blink, she also suddenly noticed the time, finding herself also surprised by how quickly time seemed to fly. Had she been that deep in thought and conversation to not recognize?

Upon hearing Hakon's words and, acknowledging her gaze, Ha Neul's face switch into a determined demeanor, the look a trained soldier prepared for battle. She stood upon her feet, and slowly drew her sword from it's sheath on her side, gripping two hands tightly around the handle in preparation for what for what would soon come. "I suppose today is the day we'll find out." She finally answered, before turning her attention back to her new companion and smirking, "Let's see what you can do, 'Mi' Armored Lady' "
AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon smiles somewhat viciously in turn, drawing her own sword over her back- as soon as the silvery metal left the leather sheathe, the blade burst into red-orange flame. Curling her fingers around the massive blade, she then drew the great white-black shield from her back, driving the pointed end into the dry, cracked earth of the graveyard," You won't be disappointed, I'm afraid," She chortles dryly. 

As she spoke, the mist began to begin to be sucked into the cracks of the mausoleum's door- a low howling voice groaned again. Calling out, a considerable amount of power slowly being gathered within.

Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
Ha Neul observed attentively, as the sword from her new armored companion had suddenly burst into flames. It seemed that this woman had not been joking around when she mentioned about holy fire, and also that Ha Neul's assumption that this woman might have had an ability to do such a things was true. As she additionally watched the large shield being prepared in it's battle position, a subtle smirk appeared on her lips. It was a different fighting style from Ha Neil for sure. A sword and shield style was the general soldier 'standard' that Ha Neul had often seen most soldiers fight in. Yet she'd always been more fond of fighting with heavier two handed weapons; a style which some may interpret as more 'reckless' or 'risky'. However, Ha Neul much preferred the weightier swing of more heavier weapons, and the weightier damage it inflicted when it hit. She liked to make sure that whatever was hit, was hit hard enough that it wouldn't be getting back up a second time. 

As the mist of the graveyard began to gather in the mausoleum door, Ha Neul was well aware that whatever creature would emerge from the mausoleum would most like be something quite formidable; an opponent that may have even required both of them to bring down. Her thoughts reflected back to the previous conversation they had both had; how 'highly skilled' was this individual, truly? Ha Neul had come here looking to find the undead, and sure enough she found what she was looking for. It appears the old drunken man at the tavern knew what he was talking about. So the rumors 'were' true.