Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > Rumor Investigation
Ha Neul

Character Info
Name: Ha Neul
Alignment: TN
Race: Reanimation
Class: Soldier
Silver: 2521
"Reminds me of home already.."

The eerie fog, the countless rows of tombstone heads, the dead silence. Indeed, these images brought nostalgia of the past. Yet not a nostalgia invoking pleasure, but one re-invoking old feelings of paranoia. The feeling of constantly needing to be on guard, the feeling that ones life was constantly in jeopardy, ready to end at any moments notice at the slightest distraction. Yet in this world, danger seemed far less, 'sudden' and unexpected  than in her's. Based on her short discoveries of this world thus far, this world was not a place where supernatural and undead had reached a point where they commonly strolled along the open roads and plains, whether day or night, as if they themselves were the village citizens, the natural inhabitants of the world. No, the abuse of magic had not reached that point yet in this world. At least, not 'yet', anyways. No, this world seemed a lot more peaceful, a lot of docile, a lot more….human. Yet she was quite aware, that humans weren't the only creatures in these parts. However, elves, dwarfs, or whatever other creatures aboded in this realm, had proven to be a lot more reasonable than the creatures of her old world. However…

"Why am I here again?"

Right. As far as she could see, other than an eerie atmosphere, which is quite usual for the place of the dead, nothing seemed quite out of place…'yet'. One could argue, that the aura felt quite unnatural here. However, it was a graveyard. What graveyard 'ever' felt natural?

She had not come here based on what was yet considered authentic truth. She risked her venture here based off rumors, based off stories. Stories from the old drunken man at the tavern. Stories from the over-gossiping wives seating at the tables together. Stories from the barmaid, stories from the drunken peasant locals. These were her guides. How reliable were they? However, if there's anything she'd learned about stories, especially those based off the unnatural, it's that every legend or story had some sort of truth to it. Even if 90% of it were a complete twisting of the truth, or a utter and complete lie itself, that small 10% was always something worth investigating for, especially when the sources came from more than just one person.

But the abnormalities they described were not here to be seen. Not yet, at least. There was not even the screaming of panic and hopelessness, or the screaming of insane madmen they had described. No, only silence. Dead silence.
However, here the world was different. The dead are said to commonly roam in the night here, they say. For all those incidents, all those stories, all those gossips she'd heard had one common factor; they all taken place at night. However, now was the middle of the day. Therefore, it would be quite a few hours before the sun fell. Yet, it was not like she had anything else better to do, or anywhere else better to be. No, this place was her purpose; at least, if the rumors were true. This place could be the key to understanding the source; how it all began.
It was not the controlled magic that ever seemed to provide deadly repercussions. It was the case of uncontrolled magic, which was what she was here for. What causes the uncontrollably of magic? Furthermore, what causes something as…well, 'dead' and inanimate, as the dead, to raise on it's own will, against the controllers will? Where did it all go wrong? And the most important question of all was; how could one prevent it?
While this world was obviously not in the same state as her world was, this world still seemed to have the same risk of falling into the same fate as hers. Yet, fortunately, the progress of magic in this world, from what she'd observed thus far, seemed to be in a baby-like development stage, compared to what magic in her world was like. However, whether it is was due mainly to the intellectual development of her people, or due to the massive distortion of the world, she could not be so sure exactly.

"Very well, then.."

What better way to pass the time, than to stroll?; Than to do what she did best; observe her surroundings. Again, she had quite a few hours before nighttime. If the dead were raising, she'd better acquaint herself with who'd be rising to greet her, at least.

"Ray..su…lon Mey..won?" 

What the heck does that even mean? It seemed to her, that oftentimes the names in this world were just a random combination of symbols until it made some sort of sound. There seemed to be no class to it, no touch, no eloquence like in her language. The rough barbaric tongued languages of this world, the inconsistency of climate (one moment it was hot, the next it is cold?), the drunken tavern gatherings that seemingly had to take place every single night as if it were some kind of deity worshiping ritual of the inhabitants here; People here seemed so much less…civilized? So much less, mentally developed? So much less, worried. What was it like to be carefree and completely oblivious to the future? She supposed it must be nice. But the future and neither the past was not something she could easily rid from her mind.
AevumEternity

Character Info
Name: Hakon Kilandre
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mounted Paladin
Silver: 57

Mortality was such an unusual and fragile yet utterly horrifying concept. Perhaps humans could take so much- forget the rather void-like monster that loomed just beyond the horizon, out of reach of light and touch as they knew it. Perhaps… Think about this in a graveyard was not the most ideal of things to do. Nonetheless, Hakon Kilandre-Alveron quietly sat before the great mausoleum, allowing her gaze to quietly follow the intricate patterns of the architecture it offered rather grimly. Sweeping pillars crawling with cracks and blackened vines of both stone and moss clung to the damp rock. The sweeping roof protected by grotesque little creatures of varying viciousness and size- it all seemed a bit too extravagant for her… But who was she to judge a dead necromancer? Or… Supposedly dead. Who knew in this world? Everything circulated around magic, a harsh mirror image of her own 'old world'. In that world, she had been at the head of the crusade to destroy magic as she knew it- all in the name of a dead God.

This drew a rather dry chuckle from her thin lips, who knew magic would save her life and bring her to this nigh Utopian world? Nigh… It was not perfect, but that was why she was here, to recreate the Hand in a better image, for a better world. For the future. She closed her sharp eyes, shifting only as the massive beast at her back shifts. The massive hippogriff, Ansgar- idly wrapped his thickly feathered neck about her waist, clacking his beak as she rested one heavily armored hand over his head," Hush my friend- we don't want to scare him before he's awoken."

If the local's rumors were true, the man who- as rumor had it (which was all anyone truly had to ride upon these days), the Necromancer rose from his grave each night at midnight. How truly dramatic. At least he had an eye for flare. Pursing her thin lips, the Paladin idly massaged the armored beast's scalp. Her mind wandered, she knew if she sent Elenoir, the girl would likely just cause the necromancer to fall to eternal sleep- not death but simply sleep. Some loopholes had to be permanently closed- perhaps someday her dear daughter would learn that.

Ansgar suddenly raised his massive head, blowing plumes of steam from his slitted nostrils- sharp yellow eyes scanning the misty area. Hakon followed his gaze in silence,
idly reaching over her back to wrap her fingers about the blade on her back,"… Who goes there." she calls out, voice low, akin to a lion's rumble.

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
Ha Neul was in a deep contemplation during this time, still in front of this seemingly foreign named tomed stone. Foreign to her at least. For everything in this realm was completely foreign to her. So many deaths, so many fates of the same end. Despite the massively diverse differences of backgrounds and circumstances, the end was all the same; death. Some ends were peaceful deaths in slumber, however others were more..unfortunate..morbid even. What fate had this one suffered? For only his name had been recorded here, while his cause of death was not. There was not even background information recorded on this person's tombstone. Had those who buried this unfortunate soul knew nothing of him other than his name, or had they deemed it better not to have written anything about him at all? What kind of life had he lived before? That was yet another unfortunate factor about death. Without record, without lips of another to speak of your past achievements, one was lost in time, eventually faded from the memory of the living, if they had even been important enough to have been remembered at all in their lifetime. What a cruel fate. It was as if one had never even existed in the first place.Suddenly, there was an interruption, a breaking of thought, "…Who goes there."Ha Neul had found herself rather startled, not so much by the fact that there was another voice, but rather by the actual tone of the voice. For the tone did not seem welcoming at all. Yet, despite her attempts to squint her eyes in the direction of the voice, for a clearer view, it was admittingly difficult for her to see much of anything clearly in this area, for the mist was quite intense here. Was this entity friend or foe? More importantly, was this entity dead or alive? She slowly looked up to examine the sky, pausing in thought for quite some time before finally returning an answer. It was such a pause, that it could have even been assumed that the question itself was to be completely ignored. There was another voice in this area already, yet it was still daylight. How curious indeed. "That all depends…" Ha Neul finally returned, in what sounded like a snarky and sarcastic tone, which seemed quite lacking in seriousness, despite the unwelcoming tone of the other voice. "That which speaks to me, is it alive or dead?"There was another window of silence again. As if those were to be her last words. Yet, Ha Neul was always one of deep thought before speaking much of anything. Which were the source of the majority of these pauses. The second source perhaps being a jestering with the patience and emotions of others. One could never be too sure. She was quite a difficult person to read the intentions of. "How shall a person be described?" She finally continued, in what sounded to be more of a tone of sincere curiously this time, rather than playful jesting. "Shall a name communicate enough about a person, to truly describe all that they are?; A combination of seemingly random syllables until it eventually forms a sound?"
AevumEternity

Character Info
As the unseen intruder spoke, Hakon couldn't help but feel her eyebrows slowly rise higher and higher with surprise and amusement. Her thin lips curling into a gentle smile as she ducks her head ever so slightly, Ansgar churred quietly but was silenced by her hand gently stroking his sharp beak," I assure you I am quite alive-" she pauses, allowing her words to dissipate into the fog. Quite the philosophical intruder, this one, that was certain.

" My description varies- I suppose upon coming within eyesight, you may make your own assumptions-" Her hand idly slid from her Greatsword's hilt, muscles uncoiling as she relaxed, resting one arm over the great Hippogryph's neck, the other upon her armored knee," My name though- is Hakon. And yours', O philosopher of the tombs?" she answers with a low, rumbling chuckle- her voice was hoarse, so she cleared her throat. Since when had she sounded so old? Time certainly flew…

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
'Philosopher of the tombs?' Ha Neul, repeated the statement back in her head. Hah! She rather liked that one. A slight smirk of amusement also came upon her lips. 

"Hakon.." She repeated back, after her signature pause, in what seemed to be a tone of examination; an examination of the name itself. "It's a lot less..'barbaric' than the names i've come across in these lands thus far." 

"I prefer, 'The philosopher of the tombs'. It has a rather nice ring to it. " She sarcastically jested, before providing a more 'clear' answer to the unseen voice's question. "I have been called many names in the past, yet by birthright, my parents somehow deemed it fit to officially name me, 'Ha Neul.' "

After another delay between statements, she continued on, "Tell me, Hakon, O' 'mystery' of the tombs. Has your name any meaning to it, or is it also simply a random combination of syllables as well?" In the midst of this statement, a faint crushing of dirt and crackling of grass could be heard. They were the sound of Ha Neul's slow and steady footsteps, as she began to approach closer towards the direction of the entity of the unseen voice, closer through the strong mist. 
AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon leaned back against the powerful wings and flank of her companion- allowing her gaze to shift to the darkening mist curling into the starry sky overhead. Her sharp eyes search the growing shadows quietly, she had never really thought about the meaning of her name, perhaps in this world they would think it strange- as they seemed to have no questionable social constucts. Again, a Utopia in some eyes, though danger always lurked in one degree or another. Her mind slowly trundled back to the task at hand, the question.

" My name? It means 'High Son'," she muses softly, running a hand through her hair. After all, in that old world, if one had an in-born ability to suppress magic- they were drafted into the military regardless of gender, of age. Alas, her family would have taught her such skills even if she did not have such innate abilities- and that mad brother of hers… Perhaps by now he had devoured that world.

" Ha Neul, what does that name- or construct of sounds mean then?" she returns to her new companion lurking in the mist.

Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
"High Son?" Ha Nuel repeated back, in a seemingly rather intrigued tone. The next response was again delayed, until Ha Neul had finally approached closer. Only the sound of her footsteps seemed heard in the dead silence of the graveyard. Her feet were the first thing to appear in visible sight, before the rest of her body slowly began to eventually make a more clearer appearance through the fog as she slowly approached closer, yet her face still maintained a dark covering of mist and mystery around it. Through the dark mist covering of her face, however, an amused smirk could be seen from her lips. "You've certainly the traits of a boy about you." Ha Neul finally remarked after she finished her approach, in reference to heavy cavalry styled armor this person was wearing, that many females, and even males themselves, would deem incapable for even walking decently in without collapsing on the ground. "Yet, it seems to me, you also carry other traits as well….other less 'masculine' traits."

Ha Nuel's attention shifted to the massive creature behind this newly found figure. What was more unexpected, than a woman fully dressed in heavily plated armor, as if she were about to fight the greatest war her country had ever known, was the intimidatingly large creature behind her. Strange creatures and entities were things Ha Neul was quite familiar with. Yet, this creature here, was something quite of a new marvel for her. A beast? A bird? Wild or docile? Moreover, this creature did not seem to be something from the realms of the undead or the supernatural, yet something quite living and breathing, much like it's accompanying friend. Indeed both this figure and her accompanying friend were both, 'quite alive.'

Returning her thoughts back to the question at hand from her contemplative pause, Ha Neul continued on, "Look up." She eventually casually stated. "What do you see?" It could have been interpreted as a rather strange request in other's eyes, and seemed completely unrelated to the question, as if she were either ignoring or completely avoiding the question itself. Yet, this was how Ha Neul typically communicated with others, whether she had the intention of answering her new company's question of not.
AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon tilts her head back down to the woman, fixing upon her with a rather unmoving and harsh gaze. One of a soldier who had seen far too much for far too long. Nonetheless, a small, thin smile curled her lips ever so slightly," Mist and encroaching darkness." She states simply, chuckling softly at the woman's comments- she could make out the femininity of her counterpart's voice for certain- yet she felt an odd familiarity. Perhaps clad in similiar vestments this woman could, too, be mistaken for a man. In fact- Ha Neul's comments made her chuckle once more. It was quite often when she took her helm off, that those she spoke to started in shock or stared. She felt safe in her heavy shell- and even more comfortable upon her great companion's back- riding upon the winds of the World like nothing. She recalled her first meeting with Ansgar, a Hippogryph battling for its souls in the bowels of hell against a swarm of harpies. Who knew what the beast had done to end up in such a place?

Shaking her head gently, she runs her her armored fingers over Ansgar's head, one intensely yellow eye focused harshly upon Ha Neul. With a soft hissing sound, he flicked his tail, warding off the stray gnat who decided to wander too close to his haunches. He briefly seemed to click his beak at her, as if ensuring she knew he was watching her very closely. This drew another soft chuckle from Hakon," And what do you see, mm?" She did not mind that Ha Neul had lithely ducked past her question- in the end, if the meaning of this woman's name somehow would be vital to the mission. Perhaps she would find a way to extract its meaning.

Have a wonderful day!
Ha Neul

Character Info
"Mist and encroaching darkness…" Ha Nuel repeated back, with a voice that seemed lost in deep contemplation upon Hakon's answer. After another pause of contemplation, she continued into another statement. "Yes…for today, that is what I am for you; the voice shrouded in mist and darkness, in mystery. And yet…tomorrow I will be something else." It was certainly an unusual answer, an obviously intentional obscuring of words. After speaking her parable, her attention briefly went back to the massive creature again. From what she'd observed so far, it seemed not to be completely wild, yet also not completely tamed either. Indeed it seemed to have free will of it's own if allowed. A will that could be quite aggressive, if given the proper opportunity to do so. Taking notice of it's eyes, the creature itself seemed as observant of Ha Neul, as she seemed observant of it and it's companion, if not even morso than her. It was something of an amusing irony for her. Perhaps it meant that Ha Neul herself also had traits of a creature sometimes, and not a human being. 

As Ha Neul eased slightly closer, her face finally began to show visibility past the darkness of the strong mist. Her two dark brown eyes intensely starting at Hakon, gave off an odd aura that would give most a feeling of extreme discomfort and paranoia. It seemed to be an aura of intense observation, as if she were observing more than simply Hakon's outer appearance, but also looking to observe her very inner soul. It was a sharp and unrestrained stare, better described as a glare. This look was akin to a judge of great authority, in the midst of the process of deciding the fate of a convict, whether they were to be guilty of innocent. It was intensely focused.  

"I see…" She finally responded, "Experience, strength, will, and…unusuality." Her arms folded after her answer. "Perhaps even..similarity.." She finished, the last sentence trailing off, sounding more like a outward mumble of inner thought, than an actual statement.
AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon blinked slowly. She had seen this gaze a hundred times before in politicians, leaders and the occasional literal judge. She simply returned it with own unwavering stare- that of a veteran who had little time and care for such trivial calculations, the direct and unmoved gaze of one who had seen enough to know that in a singular life there was far too much to crack the mind like an egg to focus too intensely on minor matters. Hakon's fingers continued to massage small circles into the hippogryph's head, even through this staring contest of sorts," So tell me. Ha neul, why are you here so late into the night?" She hums faintly, arching a severe eyebrow.

again, she looked back to the mausoleum- Midnight was some time off yet, yes… But it never hurt to be vigilant. Though she couldn't help but note the newcomers dress seemed exotic, even to this world.

Have a wonderful day!