Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > The Summoning of The Goddess of Darkness [ P/R ]
TheShadow

Character Info
Name: Arron Silvertree
Alignment: TE
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Assassin
Silver: 102
Arron Silvertree arrived at the Cemetery with a group of priests from the goddess of Darkness temple and a sacrifice in which he will offer to the goddess in hopes she will appear to him and speak to him. As the priests made their way to the spot for the summoning, He hung back to speak to the sacrifice.. A wicked man that went after children, When Arron heard of this mans crimes he made a request to take him off officials hands.. So that he could discipline than man. Little did they knew he was going to offer him up to the goddess in a ritual that few have done in some time.

“ Foolish creature… You have offended the goddess and you must pay for your crimes.. That even Drow like myself would not even think of committing. Children are off limits and yet you.. You creature did something that i will not repeat… “ He spat at the man and walked away and back towards the gathering of priests. One priest the high priest called him over and pulled him to the side and began to speak in a low voice

As a fellow drow I will tell you that what we have been taught is true. The Shadow Lords did create the world and they have the power to restore it back to normal but i know you could care less about that. You want to know of the location of the Shadows gate.. The very thing our people have been searching for, I believe The Goddess of darkness knows the location of  the Shadows gate and once we summon her we can ask her to lead us to it.  “ Arron stepped back from the Priest and looked at him curiously.. How had this.. Priest survived when there was a purge of all of those that knew of the Shadows gate besides his family.. They wanted to be the ones that found it and now this priest knew about it too. He will have to deal with the priest later.. First the summoning.

One priest stood at the far end and made a circle on the ground. Another priest put down in the middle of the circle a log and then lit it on fire. The third priest bought up the prisoner and had him stand on the fire.. So that it would burn him as they began the summoning.

Oh Mightly Goddess of Darkness, Hear our voices as we call upon you. The Queen of Darkness, The Queen of the Drow people who protected them. The Protector of those strong enough to pass the trials. I summon you and offer you this Sacrifice in your name “ As soon as the last words came out of there mouths the priests All unleashed fireballs at the man and watched as he burned in the night sky. The summoning was complete..Now will the goddess answer there calls.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Though Dalanesca had not held the mantle of Death and Shadows for very long, she had already come to find that there were many, many beliefs throughout Revaliir in regards to what exactly her spheres entailed.  Different races and different cultures had different ideas on what enveloped Death and Shadow, and she found that to be rather refreshing.  The different sects also seemed to have different ways to attempt to communicate with her - and she found some more inviting than others.  There were many that she had thus far ignored - but on this particular night, she sensed that near Vilpamolan, a sacrifice was taking place - and that sacrifice was of one of the lowest of the low.

It seemed that a group of priests, who had dedicated themselves to a temple in her honor, had garnered a sacrifice guilty of crimes against young innocents - those were the ones that Dalanesca hated the most, the ones that would be sent to the Ninth Circle of Inferos to be frozen again and again by the Frost Maidens.  She despised the ruiners, the takers of the innocent, and knew that they deserved to suffer more than any other guilty party.

Ritual sacrifice was nothing new in terms of the types of summonings she had been privy to, but there had yet to be one that she had responded to.  For some reason, most of the parties seemed to be under the impression that she wanted them to sacrifice innocents to her - but it was quite the opposite.  She did not want innocents to be sacrificed - she wanted the worst of the worst… and that seemed to be what this group was doing.  

She could sense the ritual that was about to take place, and she could sense the corruption within the sacrifice they were about to use.  This caused her to pay special attention to this particular situation, and a devilish smile spread across her lips - it was time.

Just as the priests’ fireballs lit the corruptor aflame, a sourceless wind blew through the cemetery.  It did not extinguish the flame, but it did cause the fire to flutter in its breeze.  After a time, it was clear that the sacrifice at the center was both dead and heavily charred.  Dalanesca appeared behind the group, out of the line of sight, observing for a short period of time.  It was unclear to her who had wished for her appearance the most of the group, but she could sense a lessened sense of urgency from those further from the sacrifice.  With a wave of her hand, three of the priests off to the sides began to clutch at their throats.  A thick, black, tar like substance began to gurgle forth from their lips, clearly choking them.  They fell to their knees, before keeling over - they had clearly perished from whatever dark magic had overcome them.  The substance trickled from their ears, noses, eyes, and mouths.

The goddess smiled at the site before her - they were not worthy of an audience with her - she could sense it.  There were others, who seemed more keen on the idea of her appearance - no harm would come to them… at least not yet.

”You have sought me out, and here I am,” she said, her voice low and smooth.  She was dressed in a fitting manner - a black tunic with long sleeves which fell off her porcelain colored shoulders, and a red leather corset around her waist.  Her black skirts had long slits up either side, revealing black and red leather high boots with lace beneath them.  Various holsters with blades sheathed in them could be seen about her person.  It was clear that she was not someone to be trifled with, even if she had been mortal.  Her dark hair fell in waves around her bare shoulders, and her icy blue eyes surveyed them, standing out shockingly against the charcoal surrounding her eyes.  Her lips, painted a deep crimson blood red, parted to speak once more.  ”You’d do well to inform me why I have been called here from Inferos - my patience is not to be tested,” she said.  The words were quiet, but there was a sharpness to her tone unlike any other.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

TheShadow

Character Info
Name: Arron Silvertree
Alignment: TE
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Assassin
Silver: 102
Arron Silvertree watched the scene unfold before him and a part of him felt like he was home. The constant death and betrayal that he lived though while living underground made the scene before him something he was used too although he had no doubts that what happened here was because of the goddess he watched the three priests die in front of him with a sense of amusement as he had planned to kill the priests after anyway.. But it seems the goddess had done the work for him. He turned towards the voice he heard and looked at the goddess standing before him. She was breathtaking to him from the tunic to the corset.. Everything about her was beauty. Yet he stopped sort of falling for her charms… He was a drow after all and he had used his own charms to his advantage on numerous occasions . He had Watched drow woman kill their lovers as soon as they were done with them only for him to kill them right after as that was how his society was. But he also knew how was not bad looking himself.

He was tall and lean a black common tunic covered his body and over that he wore his finest noble robes along with some evening gloves . . On his arm he wore a noble bracelet from his house. He was dressed as a noble and very few would think he was also a mage.. But he was as he carried his mage staff with him as well. His attention than turned to the high priest who was speechless about what had happened. Had the high priest not known this would happen when summoning his goddess ?. Regardless it appeared that there summoning had worked as now the goddess stood before them.. Well behind them but that was just a logistical matter

The high priest seeing his chance spoke up My Goddess we have summoned you because we seek a answer to a question that our people have had for generations. We wish to know the location of the Shadows Gate.. A gate the Shadow Lords created long ago that acted as a bridge between the Shadow realm and the drow people.  “ The high priest said in a low voice as he kneeled before the goddess. Arron looked at the high priest and growled at him.. But did not say anything as he turned towards the goddess.

“ I  have summoned you because I wish to become a Shadow mage and only through your blessing can one become one. It has been generations since a drow has become a Shadow mage and I believe i am worthy of becoming one. I will do any trials that you ask me my Goddess. I will do anything you ask me of me in order to become one. “ He turned to face the high priest who looked like he saw a ghost before kneeling before the goddess and waiting for her response.